Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040578 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=Solitin40 post=38817981][/quote]

Just sent you a message
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
gabrola:
medical mail jus dropped..please how do i book an appointment wit iom? can i just walk in dre?

You can call them. To book the appointment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 2:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
judnele:

You can call them. To book the appointment
thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good day house, finally the lord did it after so much worry, I just got my approval mail....I m so happy!! Thank you all that answered my questions... God bless

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
gabrola:
medical mail jus dropped..please how do i book an appointment wit iom? can i just walk in dre?
please when did you apply and what mode? Paper or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
lamama1:
Good day house, finally the lord did it after so much worry, I just got my approval mail....I m so happy!! Thank you all that answered my questions... God bless
congrats!! When did you apply and what mode?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
lamama1:

Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by gabrola: 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
favourities101:
please when did you apply and what mode? Paper or online?
july 27 online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hmm... There isn't one in part 9. I may have to find a workaround.

Btw, thanks for unbanning me. The anti-spam bot didn't like my post.

justwise:

The link you quoted is in part 8 which is locked, see if there is one in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by realnig21: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
hello house. I am new here.I was able to secure admission into a masters program in university of Manitoba for January 2016. I applied for my study visa on the 9th of September via paper and am yet to get a response, not even medical call yet. am really worried. i would like to know if there is anyone who applied same day and have gotten feedback from CIC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
thesoj:
@montrealer Thanks man. Also, I just tried copying @richcasey's links but for some reason when I click on "Quote" a page comes up and says "Topic Locked". Oga @Justwise abeg help unlock @richcasey's posts na. The only way to fully repost the links is by first clicking "Quote" and then either repost or quote it.

Also, @Justwise you've been scarce on this thread o! smiley I guess we've been well-behaved sha, so maybe we haven't needed you haha.

@Lobolintin, click here to see a bunch of helpful links, one of which should help you access a list of colleges that offer PGD programs in Canada and more.

If you are new on the thread CLICK THIS LINK to access a lot of extremely insightful information to help with your school search or TRV app.

[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***
[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF ALL POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPE

FIND OUT WHERE STUDY PERMITS ARE PROCESSED FOR NIGERIANS

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE MEDICAL FORM IMM5753E

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS
COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

FOR HOTEL RESERVATIONS WITH & WITHOUT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

@thesoj good job helping people here bro
please check this link for me, i want to use them for my gcms file request and i'm not so sure how legit they are

***UPDATED***

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Congratulations gabrola and lamama1.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
favourities101:
congrats!! When did you apply and what mode?

Paper route, july 22
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
lamama1:

Paper route, july 22

Didn't you state before that you applied July 3rd or something?

Congratulations anyways.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mbasam: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
@tnuola pls could u give d house current update pls oooo....
A very big Congratulation 2 those who were favored dis week and 2 d hopful our testimonies are on d way.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lonzo(m): 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hello Gurus in the house

before i apply just want to show if these financial statements is ok

i earn 320k monthly. (my pay slips will show for this) i have study leave with full pay. i have about 500k in my account as balance as i am involved in construction of my house which depleted the account

my sponsor 1 ( Mum) 3 building valued at 40M . shares valued at 6M and account balance of 1.2M

sponsor 2 (uncle) doesnt leave in Naija but will be giving me 1.5M as support . the account is domiciled here in Nigeria, he is coming home in October 30th.

i have paid $1600 compulsory fee after receiving LOA. tuition is $16k.

and please can someone just tell me which CIC forms to use. will i be needing the TRV form?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chigoziri7: 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Evening house.. Please who has used Maple Education for visa processing only?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by umaga1991(m): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
hii everyone.. I just finished university and am trying to weigh my options for masters. want to do masters in either public health or occupational health.. i knw you might not really know how much it may cost in Canada but i would like to get a rough estimate of how much you think i could all altogether in doing my masters in Canada because the thing is scaring my dad abit.. a cheap school
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Teds(f): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nyquist:
Hello house, I applied online on the 20th of Aug, I just received a message from cic to check my account, on logging in, I didn't see any new message. What could be the problem?
Hi, please have u gotten any mail after this? cos this also happened to me, I want to knw if I am the only one still waiting for another mail with an actual update.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
please who knows any cheap University or College in Canada that offers affordable tuition fee for Computer science?

please who knows any cheap University or College in Canada that offers affordable tuition fee for Computer science?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks @thesoj & @justwise!

Congrats lamama1 & gabrola
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lonzo(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
lonzo:
Hello Gurus in the house

before i apply just want to show if these financial statements is ok

i earn 320k monthly. (my pay slips will show for this) i have study leave with full pay. i have about 500k in my account as balance as i am involved in construction of my house which depleted the account

my sponsor 1 ( Mum) 3 building valued at 40M . shares valued at 6M and account balance of 1.2M

sponsor 2 (uncle) doesnt live in Naija but will be giving me 1.5M as support . the account is domiciled here in Nigeria, he is coming home in October 30th.

i have paid $1600 compulsory fee after receiving LOA. tuition is $16k.

and please can someone just tell me which CIC forms to use. will i be needing the TRV form?

Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
gabrola:
july 27 online

Congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:30am On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=lonzo post=38833579][/quote]

You have a very good finance! Do you know how much (balance) your uncle have in his dom acct? Try and find out, if he has more at least 5m in the account, then I believe you're good to go. If he doesn't, I'd suggest you pay in the 1.5m ur uncle wanna give you into your mom's acct to make it 2.7, then try and hustle around to raise 1.3 to 2m more (u can just borrow.....print statement and return it to the owner(s)). With that, ur mom's SoA will be btw 4m and 4.7m, and you can use your mom as ur only sponsor. I understand you have enough asset, but having a good soa shows u're ready, even if u get visa right now and u're asked to come to Canada today. ....... so please try!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:36am On Oct 10, 2015
realnig21:
hello house. I am new here.I was able to secure admission into a masters program in university of Manitoba for January 2016. I applied for my study visa on the 9th of September via paper and am yet to get a response, not even medical call yet. am really worried. i would like to know if there is anyone who applied same day and have gotten feedback from CIC

Don't be troubled, u will be just fine. You're still within normal application processing time. It takes about 46 days (unconfirmed though) normally before medical call, some ppl are only lucky to get it earlier. So remain hopeful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mickey45: 1:47am On Oct 10, 2015
VickyRotex:

Hey Mickey! That's one reason I deferred to winter.

Still in Nigeria. I needed time to prepare very well.

I'll be leaving for Canny, December by his grace.

Ok... Do rest well o! I take it you have enough "naijans" to settle you in on arrival...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Aduke02(f): 2:59am On Oct 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

Is there anybody here heading to Montreal in January 2016 (McGill or Concordia)? I have a room available to transfer my lease. I just graduated from McGill and relocated to Regina. Please pm me if you need more information. Thanks and all the best with your visa applications.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 5:38am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 5:51am On Oct 10, 2015
annikanyi:
hello everyone, i am in the process of applying for a masters of law in uni of ottawa and osgoode law school for september 2016, my problem is how to put together my good application package. i have been advised to go through an agent but they are pretty expensive. what do you advise?
are there people in the house that have put out successful applications? i would not mind getting some tips and guideline s on howw to go about it. thank you.

I will be in uOttawa by January 2016, God willing.

My dear trust me you don't need an agent for your application. All you need is patience to go through these threads. I didn't know jack about visa applications because my company had consultants who handled all business trips, but now on my own I had to spend hours going through these threads at night. Make notes and then come back here if you need clarification on any issue.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 5:57am On Oct 10, 2015
judnele:

Those that apply through paper don't normally get an update if Medicals are passed. Cic account is for those that apply online. So just keep praying u wil get ur approval mail soon it won't take long by Gods grace o

@Lamama1, on the contrary, you can create a CIC account even when you applied by paper route to track your application. I have an FSW application in the pipeline which was by paper submission and we were able to create a CIC account, put in UCI and track same. Give it a try, it will reduce the anxiety.

Modified: sorry for the misinformation, study permit applicants can't track online. Here's the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=6
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 6:03am On Oct 10, 2015
thesoj:
Lol. Thanks for asking. Yeah he and I were preoccupied with it for the past month and half.
We submitted it this Monday and he did biometrics the next day. We did online route. The documentation for his application was as perfect as we could make it. Yet, he is a complex applicant because he doesn't have an employment letter... he has been a software developer for four years since NYSC and he didn't register his company (until recently... though we didn't include the recent CAC as it may look fishy) so for proof of what he's been doing, we included attestation of work letters from several of his clients, and also included several descriptive multi-page demos/screenshots of some of the software he's developed. His CV was also detailed & concise about the different software & clients and how he wrote the software. He's really good at software... I think the demos will impress the VO. Most of his clients are small so it's not like he made a lot of money doing it, but he just has a passion for good coding (not just simple websites)... we were transparent about this in the app.

In his SOP, we were also open about why he decided to be an independent software developer and not get a job with some big company. I believe the SOP was extraordinarily good (lol... it took so long to perfect it). In it, we were transparent about everything, yet mostly focused on my brother's passions, how he has grown being on his own as a developer since finishing NYSC, and what he plans to do in Naija with the additional training in Canada... if the VO reads the SOP I think his chance of getting approved is like 90%... if the VO doesn't read the SOP then his chances are probably like 35%... gotta be objective lol. In any case, we have a backup plan if Canada doesn't work. I doubt that we would apply again if he doesn't get it. This application was the best we could do.

I like the stand you guys are taking on the application. Transparency, goes a long way in these visa applications. It makes things easier for the VOs and who knows he/she might reward you for that.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by akogun84(m): 6:55am On Oct 10, 2015
Pls I need only advice from someone that has passed this sitiation. I just got my 3 months TRV,and my mission is to go there hustle and maybe things will change for better,cus I've graduated since 2010 without job.Pls when u were in this kind of situation how did u survive it when u get there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.