Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040156 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oscarpellenchy: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hey peeps, av been a silent follower of this great thread, please i need some urgent responses to this question "Can a Chartered Accountant (ACA) / HND graduate of Accounting apply for a PGD also in Accounting or is it advisable not to include the ACA designation because of the "Purpose of Visit" condition at the CIC? Urgent responses please....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nyquist(m): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
Teds:

Nah mine is a college not a uni.Ok cool. Hopefully this week ooo

Hello, my medical mail came in this afternoon, I thank God!

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
Check:
www.hec.ca/programmes_formations/msc/options/gestion_rh/index.html

chigoziri7:
many thanks dear...I have actually checked the schs in Quebec, and non seem to be doing Masters in HR. I would have loved to study in that province.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abeiorlar: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
how can i call or msg the embassy cos my application is over 11weeks... pls help me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mrpunter: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good Morning Everyone. I want to say a big thank you to everyone on here, you have no idea how much help you rendering to people. God Bless you all. I want to go for an undergraduate course hopefully Nursing in Canada. I only have my waec and Neco at the moment. But what i am wondering about is my age. I am 25 now, Will be 26 by Nov.. Please with my age which school can i pick or apply for. Or if i cant go with nursing, which course? The financial aspect is not a problem at all. I dont have any relative over there too. I want a course i can do in 2-3 years. urgent reply is needed. Thanks again

PLEASE SOMEONE SHARE MORE LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
mrpunter:
Good Morning Everyone. I want to say a big thank you to everyone on here, you have no idea how much help you rendering to people. God Bless you all. I want to go for an undergraduate course hopefully Nursing in Canada. I only have my waec and Neco at the moment. But what i am wondering about is my age. I am 25 now, Will be 26 by Nov.. Please with my age which school can i pick or apply for. Or if i cant go with nursing, which course? The financial aspect is not a problem at all. I dont have any relative over there too. I want a course i can do in 2-3 years. urgent reply is needed. Thanks again

PLEASE SOMEONE SHARE MORE LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE

your age is not a problem or barrier. What I envisage might be a challenge is your academic progression or should I say study gap.
when did you finish secondary school? And what have you been doing since you finished? Please note that my concern is for study permit, and not admission.
Getting admission into a nursing program may be a bit tedious, as such programs are highly competitive and I'm not sure you can enter a nursing program directly from Secondary School. I'm not sure though, but do help yourself too. Go through the requirements for nursing on the site of a number of schools, and push some mails across to the schools; with that you can be sure of first hand information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by theoneGodloves: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

relax! mine took over a month after medical result was sent.
you'll be fine

OK THNX
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Omonjoe(m): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
My co - sponsor recently fixed deposit the money in her account (#5million) dia by making her available account balance very low. She has printed out her SOA to show gud inflow nd fixed deposit debit from her account. She also got a reference letter from the bank stating her fixed deposit with them. Can I submit the SOA (with very low balance) and the reference letter from the bank?
Can dt fly in the eyes of the vo?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
Read the thread. Between your previous post and this post, scenarios like yours were discussed a few times. Look over the last 5-7 pages for "case specific enquiry". Don't expect to be spoon-fed when the information has already been provided recently and repeatedly. Sigh. Help yourself.

abeiorlar:
how can i call or msg the embassy cos my application is over 11weeks... pls help me

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
oscarpellenchy:
Hey peeps, av been a silent follower of this great thread, please i need some urgent responses to this question "Can a Chartered Accountant (ACA) / HND graduate of Accounting apply for a PGD also in Accounting or is it advisable not to include the ACA designation because of the "Purpose of Visit" condition at the CIC? Urgent responses please....

I don't think you'll have such problem. You may just need to explain to the VO you can't get into master's with HND degree. ACA is a professional degree, totally different from Master's or PGD and can't be substituted for each other.
my opinion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
Omonjoe:
My co - sponsor recently fixed deposit the money in her account (#5million) dia by making her available account balance very low. She has printed out her SOA to show gud inflow nd fixed deposit debit from her account. She also got a reference letter from the bank stating her fixed deposit with them. Can I submit the SOA (with very low balance) and the reference letter from the bank?

can you just get 1 sponsor with a good balance? Not necessarily your relation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thefavouredgirl: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
BidemiZoe:

How long does it take to receive application feedback in VFS office Lekki having tracked that the processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada office Accra since 14/10/2015? I was there on Monday but the guy at the passback counter said it has not arrived. Can someone advice on this.

Thank you for being there always.
Same as mine , I mailed them and was told my passport is in transit ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by oscarpellenchy: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thanks @ayooluwatoni for the response, but what if the person has had work experience different from his Accounting background and for very long time,like 6 years now, hope thats not a red flag at the embassy too?
ayooluwatoni:

I don't think you'll have such problem. You may just need to explain to the VO you can't get into master's with HND degree. ACA is a professional degree, totally different from Master's or PGD and can't be substituted for each other.
my opinion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thomby2k12(m): 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hello my good people,
please I need your advice on my study permit application. I submitted my first application on 19th June, 2015 via the paper route; I got a medical request on the 13th of July 2015, and I completed the medical examination on the 21st July, 2015 ,but the application was refused on the 28th of July, 2015.

I decided to submit the 2nd application late August 2015 via the online route, but when I got to the point where I was to upload the proof that I had undergone a medical examination within the last 12 months, I uploaded a copy of the proof of medical which was sent to me on request from IOM, where I did the medical.

Today, I received another medical request from CIC in MyCIC account. Please, do I need to go to IOM and do another test? Advice urgently needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olamitunposi: 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=lakusi post=39185194][color=#000099][b]LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER - JAN 2016)

S/N -- Moniker -- Date Of Submission -- Mode Of Submission -- Institution -- Level Of Study -- Status

1. Abigeh -- August 12 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
2. Oluseyiman -- August 24 -- Paper -- Lambton -- PGD
3. Morgan2006 -- August 27 -- Paper -- Lambton -- PGD
4. Favourities101 -- September 3 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
5. Lakusi -- September 7 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Eng
6. Aigbogun01 -- September 9 -- Paper -- URegina -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
7. Oboh -- September 14 -- Paper -- URegina -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
8. Orhfor1 -- September 15 -- Paper -- UOttawa -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
9. Khalesi -- September 26 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng -- TRV cheesy
10. EmmaMSC -- October 2 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Eng
12. thesojBro -- October 5 -- Online -- Conestoga -- PGD
13. Dotmons -- October 6 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Sc
14. Beyeta -- October 7 -- Online -- UWindsor -- M.Sc
15. Obiscolly -- October 10 -- Online --- UManitoba --M.Sc
16. Ikem01-- October 12 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information below:

October 14- Vancouver Island Uni- Paper- PGD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lakusi(m): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
[b]LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER - JAN 2016)

S/N -- Moniker -- Date Of Submission -- Mode Of Submission -- Institution -- Level Of Study -- Status

1. Abigeh -- August 12 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
2. Oluseyiman -- August 24 -- Paper -- Lambton -- PGD
3. Morgan2006 -- August 27 -- Paper -- Lambton -- PGD
4. Favourities101 -- September 3 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
5. Lakusi -- September 7 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Eng
6. Aigbogun01 -- September 9 -- Paper -- URegina -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
7. Oboh -- September 14 -- Paper -- URegina -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
8. Orhfor1 -- September 15 -- Paper -- UOttawa -- M.Eng -- MEDICALS
9. Khalesi -- September 26 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng -- TRV cheesy
10. EmmaMSC -- October 2 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Eng
12. thesojBro -- October 5 -- Online -- Conestoga -- PGD
13. Dotmons -- October 6 -- Online -- URegina -- M.Sc
14. Beyeta -- October 7 -- Online -- UWindsor -- M.Sc
15. Obiscolly -- October 10 -- Online --- UManitoba -- M.Sc
16. Ikem01-- October 12 -- Online -- UOttawa -- M.Eng
17. Olamitunposi -- October 14 -- Paper -- Vancouver Island Uni -- PGD

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information below:

*Submission date*
*Institution*
*Mode of submission: Online/Paper*
*Level of study*

**UPDATED**
[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
You don't have to redo the test. Contact the hospital and ask them to upload it.
Go thru @Team12's post for more explanation re: medical request when medicals have already been completed.

Thomby2k12:
Hello my good people,
please I need your advice on my study permit application. I submitted my first application on 19th June, 2015 via the paper route; I got a medical request on the 13th of July 2015, and I completed the medical examination on the 21st July, 2015 ,but the application was refused on the 28th of July, 2015.

I decided to submit the 2nd application late August 2015 via the online route, but when I got to the point where I was to upload the proof that I had undergone a medical examination within the last 12 months, I uploaded a copy of the proof of medical which was sent to me on request from IOM, where I did the medical.

Today, I received another medical request from CIC in MyCIC account. Please, do I need to go to IOM and do another test? Advice urgently needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thomby2k12(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
montrealer:
You don't have to redo the test. Contact the hospital and ask them to upload it.
Go thru @Team12's post for more explanation re: medical request when medicals have already been completed.

Thanks for your response. But the application no and IME no on the new medical report form and those on the previous medical report for are different.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thomby2k12:
Hello my good people,

IOM is a big prob, at consultant practice, I was asked to pay 14k, then they transferred my previous medical result to my new IME number and I did e-medicals again. But didn't do any assessment again. Not sure IOM will do that for you, but still go there sha. If dey dont, then find your way to consultant practice.

GOOD luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by idolda: 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
10 Proposed Liberal Reforms to Canada’s Immigration System

Double the number of immigration applications allowed for parents and grand-parents sponsorship from 5,000 to 10,000 visas per year.

Double the budget for processing family class immigration applications to reduce wait times

Increase points allocation to applicants who have siblings in Canada on their Express Entry application

Lift the visa requirement for Mexican travel to Canada.

Eliminate the $1000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee for families seeking caregivers to care for family members with physical or mental disabilities.

Restoring free access to healthcare for refugee/asylum seekers pending a decision on their case by the government.

They have pledged to make it easier for international students to achieve Canadian Citizenship. The exact details are not specified, but they have stated they will do this by making adjustments to the Canadian Experience Class program that will ‘remove barriers’ to international students.

Restore the Canadian Citizenship residency time credit for international students in Canada.

Bypass the two year wait period for “conditional permanent residence” for spouses of sponsored individuals.

Restore the maximum age for dependents from 19 to 22, making it easier for immigrants to bring their older children to Canada.

Source : www.canadim.com/justin-trudeau-canadian-immigration/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toluine56(m): 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
idolda:
10 Proposed Liberal Reforms to Canada’s Immigration System

Double the number of immigration applications allowed for parents and grand-parents sponsorship from 5,000 to 10,000 visas per year.

Double the budget for processing family class immigration applications to reduce wait times

Increase points allocation to applicants who have siblings in Canada on their Express Entry application

Lift the visa requirement for Mexican travel to Canada.

Eliminate the $1000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee for families seeking caregivers to care for family members with physical or mental disabilities.

Restoring free access to healthcare for refugee/asylum seekers pending a decision on their case by the government.

They have pledged to make it easier for international students to achieve Canadian Citizenship. The exact details are not specified, but they have stated they will do this by making adjustments to the Canadian Experience Class program that will ‘remove barriers’ to international students.

Restore the Canadian Citizenship residency time credit for international students in Canada.

Bypass the two year wait period for “conditional permanent residence” for spouses of sponsored individuals.

Restore the maximum age for dependents from 19 to 22, making it easier for immigrants to bring their older children to Canada.

Source : www.canadim.com/justin-trudeau-canadian-immigration/
Good news!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
I wouldn't be so quick to be overly optimistic though.
Politicians talk a big game all the time... they mostly and firstly care about votes and power. I'm guessing they'll only implement one-third of the items on that list. But even if they planned to implement the whole list, the opposition parties are looking forward to being a big thorn in their side. Politics in some western countries is also very obstructionist.
toluine56:
Good news!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obaraima: 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thomby2k12:
Hello my good people,

Pls y was Ur application refused even after a successful medical? And how is IOM is it cool or should I go to consultants practice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VickyRotex(f): 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
ajaereogechi:
I thank God for his good work in my life... application sumitted :21th of july. Biometric done:21th of july. Medical request: 21th of september. Approval mail:5th. Of oct. Dispatched passport:15th of oct. Trv collected:19th. Of oct.. paper route.georgian college... thanks

Choi, Finally!!! cheesy

Congrats Babe!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kudos4u(m): 12:42am On Oct 22, 2015
Pls I need someone to put me through on Mycic.After I had successfully completed my application then I submitted and I received a msg in my email box, which I was referred to login to Mycic to check my confirmation code but all I can see is sign in partner. Here is my question am I going to pay to view Mycic account, second which partner it's advice able to chose and third how am I going to pay them. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 12:45am On Oct 22, 2015
Pls treat as urgent.
If your establishment is willing to support you by giving you 2000000 or paying your salaries for 2 years and your co spousor has like 3millon and give you 2 million are you OK to apply for visa or you need another spousor. Pls urgent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Psalt(f): 12:45am On Oct 22, 2015
Please who can guide or assist me with study permit application. A friend ws supposed to help with the arrangement of my documents and submission as I already created a profile on CICs page but he is unavoidably unavailable. Anyone ? Cos I need to apply ASAP for winter resumption. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thomby2k12(m): 1:51am On Oct 22, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

IOM is a big prob, at consultant practice, I was asked to pay 14k, then they transferred my previous medical result to my new IME number and I did e-medicals again. But didn't do any assessment again. Not sure IOM will do that for you, but still go there sha. If dey dont, then find your way to consultant practice.

GOOD luck

Can you please shed more light on the bolded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 22, 2015
Fortissimo:
This finding a supervisor of a thing is tiring. Plus it seems most schools have limited funding for international students and thus don't admit too many.
Bro I tell you... I don mail almost 35... I never hear any positive response.. E don taya me sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nyquist(m): 4:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Psalt:
Please who can guide or assist me with study permit application. A friend ws supposed to help with the arrangement of my documents and submission as I already created a profile on CICs page but he is unavoidably unavailable. Anyone ? Cos I need to apply ASAP for winter resumption. Thanks

Send me a direct message

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olageeee(m): 4:40am On Oct 22, 2015
Finally yesterday I got a refusal mail,note I applied July 24th ooo...I will state reasons so gurus can help me tackle the issue...I will be requesting for my case file soonest..

Note*The yeye agent didn't include SOP in my application, now bro his in canny he will take up things from there but I need help guyz...make I rush bath enta road to work,I will state reasons before noon so u guys can help advice and n wat best to do...we want to refire soonest.... I will answer all questions una ask me abeg ooo....#oluwa is involved

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by john4affiliate: 4:54am On Oct 22, 2015
Omonjoe:

It is simple arithmetic calculate all ur expenses for a year in canada compare it with ur SOA the result u get will surely tell you what to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.