Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (343867 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by DahOriginal(m): 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
Redomi:

it is antibiotics sir, if you give your chicks once in a week, they won't have crd
Unfortunately they already have and it's eating them deeply I lost two today again.... Nd dey are already 8weeks d vet said they were resistant enough they would have all died before now chaiii dis year won't finish us all
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
DahOriginal:

Unfortunately they already have and it's eating them deeply I lost two today again.... Nd dey are already 8weeks d vet said they were resistant enough they would have all died before now chaiii dis year won't finish us all
Sir, if you can listen to my advice, I will say you should be releasing them to free range every morning till evening. Give them a very good antibiotics, but never keep them in cages or pen house. sit down and watch their reaction closely. Let us know how it goes in three days time
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by uche393: 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
pls guys, my birds are 4wks and 3days they usually open their mouths like layers should I worry about it?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by timigreene(m): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
uche393:
pls guys, my birds are 4wks and 3days they usually open their mouths like layers should I worry about it?

Can you show the pic
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 7:55am On Nov 18, 2020
Any idea how much eggs are hatch?. Gat one crate of noiler eggs here
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2020
Redomi:
Any idea how much eggs are hatch?.
Gat one crate of noiler eggs here
40 naira per egg & the minimum is 5 crates last time I used Obasanjo's farm.
60 naira for turkey eggs.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2020
I hope you took all measures to preserve the viability of your eggs? They usually advice your eggs shouldn't be more than a week old.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2020
Redomi:
,INFECTIOUS BURSAL
DISEASE (IBD) , also known as
GUMBORO.
The symptom for this includes
rapid drop in feed and water
consumption, pasty vent,
sticky whitish poo, sleeping
with beak touching the floor,
sudden death etc
For the treatment;
Any two of; Aloe vera gel,
lime water, clove, sage and
dill will do ,

Thanks boss, can this also be use for prevention too
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 9:42am On Nov 18, 2020
jidestroud:
I hope you took all measures to preserve the viability of your eggs? They usually advice your eggs shouldn't be more than a week old.
Ha, it's more. Maybe I'll start with 15 eggs, I met one man here and he promised to hatch them for me. Na just two noilers dey lay the egg, two eggs everyday.
But someone told me Noilers don't lay everyday, but these ones lay everyday.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2020
The problem is not always from us farmer but from our source.
Some distributors will sell cheap doc and we rush, not knowing the result will be bad.
I have a guy here, the day I wanted to buy Foreign turkey, we have agreed to buy from my source for #2500 each, suddenly he came and told me he met someone that want to sell same foreign turkey for him at #1900.
I told him to go ahead and buy from that person, I bought mine #2500 five weeks ago, he bought his own #1900.
He is seeing the result now, they sold crossbreed turkey for him, he is bnow begging me to help him order

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
There is no cheat sir.
1. You have to love whatever you are doing and do it with love......?sometimes my neighbour thinks I'm mad whenever I'm talking to my birds like human.
2. Never manage, buy good feed, good drugs, good multivitamin, provide enough ventilation during the day, never buy birds from source you dont trust because I have seen farmers that were given fake and painted agrited doc.
Listen to advice and not all advice, take your time to observe and think.
3. Treat your birds immediately you notice any changes in poo colour and behaviour, never mixed birds of different specie together.
4. Teach your birds how to eat vegetable especially water leaves, I swear if there is no feed in the next one year, all my birds will survive, there are varieties of options I have taught them from day old. They prefer vegetable more than feed.
5. Most importantly, dont take birds you cannot care for or birds you dont have space to keep.
Buying birds is not a problem, but feeding them can force a farmer to sell them cheaper against his wish. If you budget 150k for poultry, abeg take just one carton of broiler(50). Feeding, vaccine and drugs no be small thing o.

I face challenges too and I loose birds too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Redomi:

Ha, it's more. Maybe I'll start with 15 eggs, I met one man here and he promised to hatch them for me. Na just two noilers dey lay the egg, two eggs everyday.
But someone told me Noilers don't lay everyday, but these ones lay everyday.
My noilers lay daily too.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
jidestroud:
My noilers lay daily too.
But I used to read online that Noilers lay just 160 in a year
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
Redomi:
The problem is not always from us farmer but from our source.
Some distributors will sell cheap doc and we rush, not knowing the result will be bad.
I have a guy here, the day I wanted to buy Foreign turkey, we have agreed to buy from my source for #2500 each, suddenly he came and told me he met someone that want to sell same foreign turkey for him at #1900.
I told him to go ahead and buy from that person, I bought mine #2500 five weeks ago, he bought his own #1900.
He is seeing the result now, they sold crossbreed turkey for him, he is bnow begging me to help him order

Keep it up , the 5 weeks result u posted is a wonderful result
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
Redomi:
There is no cheat sir.
1. You have to love whatever you are doing and do it with love......?sometimes my neighbour thinks I'm mad whenever I'm talking to my birds like human.
2. Never manage, buy good feed, good drugs, good multivitamin, provide enough ventilation during the day, never buy birds from source you dont trust because I have seen farmers that were given fake and painted agrited doc.
3. Treat your birds immediately you notice any changes in poo colour and behaviour, never mixed birds of different specie together.
4. Teach your birds how to eat vegetable especially water leaves, I swear if there is no feed in the next one year, all my birds will survive, there are varieties of options I have taught them from day old. They prefer vegetable more than feed.
5. Most importantly, dont take birds you cannot care for or birds you dont have space to keep.
Buying birds is not a problem, but feeding them can force a farmer to sell them cheaper against his wish. If you budget 150k for poultry, abeg take just one carton of broiler(50). Feeding, vaccine and drugs no be small thing o.

If only old and intending farmers can understand this , then most poultry problem would have been solved
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by valup: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
Redomi:
There is no cheat sir.

the number one got me laughing
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
valup:
the number one got me laughing
I dey tell you brother, I talked them, sometimes I pampered them to keep calm especially the turkey when I want to weigh them
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ayodejibtyrbe: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
Please anyone knows a vet in Ibadan around soka or environs
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ginaz(f): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
My birds have been stooling watery poo for 1 week now. Despite all I've done to get them back to normal its been a failed mission.

Farmers in the house , kindly tell me what to do. The poo is Whitish in color and some just watering without color.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ginaz(f): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Someone pls answer me o
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by uche393: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=timigreene post=96155101]

1 Share

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ginaz:
Someone pls answer me o
Hope they ain't breathing heavily?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ginaz:
My birds have been stooling watery poo for 1 week now. Despite all I've done to get them back to normal its been a failed mission.

Farmers in the house , kindly tell me what to do. The poo is Whitish in color and some just watering without color.
Are they looking dirty?
Please check for lice.
Those birds ain't eating
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
For some days now, my birds have been making this funny sounds as of they are trying to clear off their nose, only for me to see one this afternoon sleeping in isolation and breathing with the mouth open, They are just 2 weeks today.

I don't know what this is, this is my first time of experiencing such please gurus in the house help.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
Redomi:

Hope they ain't breathing heavily?

Mine some are breathing heavily
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
Funjosh:

Mine some are breathing heavily
Please can you release them on free range for two days and see the difference?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
Redomi:

Please can you release them on free range for two days and see the difference?

I wish I could, cockerels and local birds are on free range here, I don't know how to guard them.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by timigreene(m): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=uche393 post=96217101][/quote]

If the chicks opens mouth only in the afternoon, it may be as a result of the environmental heat. I hope their house is well ventilated? if No, move them to a more opened space away from direct sunlight.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ginaz(f): 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2020
Redomi:

Are they looking dirty?
Please check for lice.
Those birds ain't eating

They are nor dirty
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Blisswonder: 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hello house
How good is Amo Starter for Broiler DOC
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ekene86(m): 9:17am On Nov 20, 2020
Redomi:
There is no cheat sir.

Greetings to you.
You mentioned in point no.3 about not mixing different species of birds together. Will it be ok if i mix cockerel and Noilers together in a cage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.