Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (343789 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aysnoopy(m): 9:38am On Nov 20, 2020
At 2 weeks (14days) yesterday
Weight of 7birds at random = 600g, 620g, 570g, 550g, 610g, 550g and d smallest among d flock is 410g

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 9:40am On Nov 20, 2020
Ekene86:

Greetings to you.
You mentioned in point no.3 about not mixing different species of birds together. Will it be ok if i mix cockerel and Noilers together in a cage?
it won't sir, they do t eat same food. Broilers eat finisher, cockerel eat grower
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2020
Blisswonder:
Hello house
How good is Amo Starter for Broiler DOC

Its good just make sure when buying any feed always check expiry date
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2020
aysnoopy:
Weight of 7birds at random = 600g, 620g, 570g, 550g, 610g, 550g and d smallest among d flock is 410g

Keep it up
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ekene86(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Redomi:

it won't sir, they do t eat same food. Broilers eat finisher, cockerel eat grower

Thank you sir.
I meant Noilers and cockerel together.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2020
Redomi:
There is no cheat sir.
1. You have to love whatever you are doing and do it with love......?sometimes my neighbour thinks I'm mad whenever I'm talking to my birds like human.
2. Never manage, buy good feed, good drugs, good multivitamin, provide enough ventilation during the day, never buy birds from source you dont trust because I have seen farmers that were given fake and painted agrited doc.
Listen to advice and not all advice, take your time to observe and think.
3. Treat your birds immediately you notice any changes in poo colour and behaviour, never mixed birds of different specie together.
4. Teach your birds how to eat vegetable especially water leaves, I swear if there is no feed in the next one year, all my birds will survive, there are varieties of options I have taught them from day old. They prefer vegetable more than feed.
5. Most importantly, dont take birds you cannot care for or birds you dont have space to keep.
Buying birds is not a problem, but feeding them can force a farmer to sell them cheaper against his wish. If you budget 150k for poultry, abeg take just one carton of broiler(50). Feeding, vaccine and drugs no be small thing o.

I face challenges too and I loose birds too
Please what do you do if your birds seem inactive, I complained about the recent lose in weight, I had to sort them base on size, I noticed the smaller ones barely eat or drink water, they just seat at a corner, most times i have to talk and bring them close to their feeder for them to eat, they just touch and leave it. This morning I noticed 2-3 poos with a trace of blood and red worm-like stuff but couldn't pinpoint from which bird yet
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Blisswonder: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
noeloge82:

Its good just make sure when buying any feed always check expiry date

Okay...thanks.. Expiry date is February 2021
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 4:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Jhudith:

Please what do you do if your birds seem inactive, I complained about the recent lose in weight, I had to sort them base on size, I noticed the smaller ones barely eat or drink water, they just seat at a corner, most times i have to talk and bring them close to their feeder for them to eat, they just touch and leave it. This morning I noticed 2-3 poos with a trace of blood and red worm-like stuff but couldn't pinpoint from which bird yet
You have to treat Coccidiosis, secondly check their body for lice
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2020
Redomi:

You have to treat Coccidiosis, secondly check their body for lice
I'm currently treating that, though I give them multivitamin in the morning and afternoon (considering they barely eat) and cidiatreat at night

This evening while observing them, one was so quite and just seating at a place even when I brought it out in the open, while I try to raise it, it's poo was practically water
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
Jhudith:

I'm currently treating that, though I give them multivitamin in the morning and afternoon (considering they barely eat) and cidiatreat at night

This evening while observing them, one was so quite and just seating at a place even when I brought it out in the open, while I try to raise it, it's poo was practically water
Check those chicks to see if lice is feasting on their body.
BTW, when was the last time you give them Lasota?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by raphemmanuel(m): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2020
aysnoopy:
you are doing well wink
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 5:15am On Nov 21, 2020
[quote author=Redomi post=96259995]
Check those chicks to see if lice is feasting on their body.
BTW, when was the last time you give them Lasota?[/quote
I treated lasota 4weeks ago
I did check their bodies yesterday, couldn't find anything on them
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Oviemoney88(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2020
I'm looking for Xmas chicken in bulk
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Salah09: 8:34am On Nov 21, 2020
Pls ,what is the current price of broiler per kg ?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funlag: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2020
Oviemoney88:
like how many and at what price?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by trychris: 9:48am On Nov 21, 2020
Cockerel at 18 weeks

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by trychris: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2020
Got them in July

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by trychris: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2020
Another one

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by valup: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2020
Pls is grower the best feed for cockerel
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by trychris: 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2020
valup:
Pls is grower the best feed for cockerel

I fed them with three bags of grower which is the cheapest among the feeds but had to switch to finisher. The grower digest faster
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kripen(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2020
Pls house I need your advice, I bought these Agrited from one dealer in this platform but not Noelege82. I have used 13bags of feed I am not seeing them big to my taest, what should I do to get them big? This is 13th weeks with 13bags of 25kg feed already used .

I am just warried that they are not getting big.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by zikodem(m): 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
kripen:
Pls house I need your advice, I bought these Agrited from one dealer in this platform but not Noelege82. I have used 13bags of feed I am not seeing them big to my taest, what should I do to get them big? This is 13th weeks with 13bags of 25kg feed already used .

how many bird's? Pls kindly post pictures of the bird's, what feed are u given them and how old are they?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by raphemmanuel(m): 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2020
kripen:

this birds are small in my own eyes if they are 13 weeks of age.

Feed ad-libitum (day and night) also give them multivitamin in their water, December is around the corner.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
kripen:

Chairman, this is not Agrited, Agrited don't grow tall like this, put your hand in their chest, if you fell or touch bone, they are not Agrited. I sold my last 9 month Agrited for 4500 last week.
This your chick is same size with my 6weeks old Agrited.
Let us know their weight sha
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2020
kripen:

How many Birds
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by bigiyaro(m): 2:07am On Nov 22, 2020
Oviemoney88:
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kripen(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2020
zikodem:
how many bird's? Pls kindly post pictures of the bird's, what feed are u given them and how old are they?

They .47 now
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kripen(m): 11:18am On Nov 22, 2020
zikodem:

47 birds

Chikun finisher and use others feed like top finisher if chikun is not available.

3 months and 1week. That's 13weeks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by zikodem(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
kripen:

47 birds

Chikun finisher and use others feed like top finisher if chikun is not available.

3 months and 1week. That's 13weeks.
13 bags is ok, as in term of consuption, but the only issue is their size, kindly introduce vitamin and booster,

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Blisswonder: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
Good afternoon and Happy Sunday

Please
I noticed my birds of 7 days are not eating....I checked their crops and it was empty.... There is enough food in their feeders though....and there is enough water for them

E jor what can I do
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
6th week

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.