Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (355272 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2020
todto:
pls guys my turkeys are affected with fowl pox. what can I use to treat them. I have tried ampiclox; pox proline but I have not seen any significant improvement.

Have you tried pox care
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by todto: 7:57pm On May 03, 2020
noeloge82:

Have you tried pox care
No. but do you think it will be effective.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:19pm On May 03, 2020
todto:

No. but do you think it will be effective.

I do use it and its effective once its fowl pox
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:05am On May 05, 2020
If u are interested in doing seasonal broilers try and make research in ur locality on how much birds are sold to the market women from farm with that u can plan your birds.

Some believe that Christmas time is d only seasonal periods for broilers but this is not entirely true

We have;
Christmas celebration
Easter celebration

Awa/ idel fitri
Idel kabir

Then we have
New yam festival
Womens August Meeting

There are some other native celebrations where birds are killed during the celebration
The best is find out what is obtainable within in ur Area with that u can plan seasonal birds and not just stock with one season

Good luck
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Denique(f): 10:03am On May 05, 2020
noeloge82:

From 4wks to xmas the cost of feeding 50 broilers with drugs and feed will be plus or minus 60000
Then after sales u will be looking at a minimum profit of 65000 all things be
equal
And then if u sell from 3000 and above u will be looking at plus or minus 90000 and above
Does this imply starting from Aug will reduce one's cost to 15,000?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Denique(f): 10:36am On May 05, 2020
noeloge82:

Sure this small for its age but from the pics seems some at d background are bigger and if so it could mean ratio u give them is not enough for them some eat more than others
What u will do is increase ur feeders or if its a joined feeder to the cage what u will do if after u put feed for them go back after 30 mins and add more feed to

enable slow feeders to eat well
By so doing u will see changes in d birds size
Then if u can get an alternative cage spread them out broilers needs
space for better growth and
development

Goodluck
Good morning Sir,
I'd like to inquire the cost of broading 150 broilers starting from September as I'm looking to rent 2 class rooms situated in my compound.
Buying the chicks
Treatment
Feeding
Etc
Regards
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:24pm On May 05, 2020
Denique:

Does this imply starting from Aug will reduce one's cost to 15,000?
No starting from August to Dec will increase your cost on production as u will have more weeks additional feeding
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:33pm On May 05, 2020
Denique:

Good morning Sir,
I'd like to inquire the cost of broading 150 broilers starting from September as I'm looking to rent 2 class rooms situated in my compound.
Buying the chicks
Treatment
Feeding
Etc
Regards
My advice on ur budget of raising 150 broilers , with cost of buying Doc,drugs,feeding,miscellaneous expenses using 21 September to be 12 weeks by 21 December I will advice u budget 1800 per bird ,
Try and make sure d 2 classrooms are spacious enough to give the birds enough room for movement and better growth with reduced cross infections
Good luck
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Denique(f): 12:45pm On May 05, 2020
noeloge82:

My advice on ur budget of raising 150 broilers , with cost of buying Doc,drugs,feeding,miscellaneous expenses using 21 September to be 12 weeks by 21 December I will advice u budget 1800 per bird ,
Try and make sure d 2 classrooms are spacious enough to give the birds enough room for movement and better growth with reduced cross infections
Good luck
Thank you Sir.
I hope you dont mind that I inform you before I start for more guidelines as I am a novice?
Regards boss.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:59pm On May 05, 2020
Denique:

Thank you Sir.
I hope you dont mind that I inform you before I start for more guidelines as I am a novice?
Regards boss.
No problem

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2020
I have been asked this question many times "Why is it that expected weight gain as written white profs are not attained here in our farms in Nigeria"
Well the thing is that in Agriculture many variables can cause changes in expected results , this include weather, feeding method, quality of feed , specie of birds , management e.t.c
Having said this , it doesn't necessary mean that such advocated research results are wrong no , what normally happens is that such results are from expensive research in idle farming environment , such environment have all d necessary inputs from weather to feeding controlled but in the real practice u will discover that its nearly impossible to control your farming environment and get such results.
In fact that is the reason why some ebook sellers who don't have practical experience in farming create bogus figures and look funny in the presence of practicing farmers.
So whenever we are practicing what we have read from this research's just have it mind that if you achieve 70% success rate from such read it means u have achieved a lot and then adjust things that where of very high expectations to suit d realities on the farm and gradually develop a more suitable approach to the environment.
Agriculture is indeed a practical experience biz
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:22pm On May 11, 2020
Good afternoon house, please whats d current price of DOC , black and white cockrel, broiler and local turkey. Please its urgent

Cc neologe82
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:30pm On May 11, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Good afternoon house, please whats d current price of DOC , black and white cockrel, broiler and local turkey. Please its urgent

Cc neologe82
As at today broiler prices ranges from 160-220
Black cockerel 150
White 30
Local turkey is on Thursday
And please remember prices are not static it changes
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:08am On May 12, 2020
noeloge82:
As at today broiler prices ranges from 160-220 Black cockerel 150 White 30 Local turkey is on Thursday And please remember prices are not static it changes
Thanks so much boss

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Muhammad2017(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2020
Nice thread many poultry farmers will want to come accros

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Izzymore(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2020
YOU REQUEST* * WE PROCESS* *WE DELIVER*

Day old Broiler...
Day old Cockerel...
Day old Noilers...
Day old Pullets...
Black Pullets....
Brown Pullets...
Day old Local turkey..
Day old putted turkey
Point of Lay.....
Old Layers....
Eggs....
Parents Stock...
Vaccines....
Frozen chicken....
Frozen turkey...

Bookings/order placements;
Call: 08042110512, 08136290387
Whatsapp: 07036023050

Happy Birds�, Happy Farmer* �‍�
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 1:15pm On May 16, 2020
this is my 3rd time reading through this thread infact the op really tried,I'm thinking of going into broiler production buh my prob right now is brooding and market around last year when i went for survey i noticed those market women all have cockerel just few have broilers.my question is that do market women prefer cockerel to broiler
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:02pm On May 16, 2020
sodeeqsulaimon88:
this is my 3rd time reading through this thread infact the op really tried,I'm thinking of going into broiler production buh my prob right now is brooding and market around last year when i went for survey i noticed those market women all have cockerel just few have broilers.my question is that do market women prefer cockerel to broiler

Not Really , it depends on ur location and availability of birds , most times they have mostly old layers cos they buy it in quantity from poultry farmers and then maybe the farmers in ur location may always be raising backyard cockerels and then selling such to the market women who their own is to sell anything available
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:18pm On May 19, 2020
It is not d specie of birds that makes birds big in size but ur management technique is d key , this means that 2 people can raise birds of same specie , same day of hatchery with very wide different result.
Instead of always blaming the birds try and review your management system
That is not to same that sometimes bad species are not available but Hatcheries with good reputation delivers good birds and d main determinant of this delivery lies with Farmers management skills

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 1:38pm On May 19, 2020
If there's any farmer here that's around ikorodu axis that can put me through on broiler farming I'll be glad.thank you in advance

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 1:44pm On May 19, 2020
I'll like sumbody to enlighten me about kuroilers their feeding,growth,market consumption
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Hiyor: 10:27pm On May 22, 2020
Hello the everyone really appreciate the good work ..

Pls is there differences in the day old broilers?

If yes, which one is the best and fast growing ?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2020
Hiyor:
Hello the everyone really appreciate the good work ..

Pls is there differences in the day old broilers?

If yes, which one is the best and fast growing ?
Thee are difference species of day old broiler but non can be said to be best, depending on what ur target market is and d way u manage the birds during brooding
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 12:52pm On May 30, 2020
BIOSECURITY FOR SUCCESSFUL OUTPUT IN POULTRY FARMING.

Biosecurity creates hygienic conditions within the poultry house to minimize the adverse effects of a disease, optimize bird performance, and welfare and provide assurance on food safety issues

Poor bird health has a negative impact on all aspects of flock management and production, including growth rate, FCR, mortality, condemnations, processing traits, and bird welfare

Best practices for Biosecurity:

A biosecurity program should be
-Robust
-Mandatory
-Practical
-Cost-effective
-Part of the staff training
-Financially resourced
-Reviewed regularly

Potential routes of disease exposure are:
-Feed
-Litter
-Chicks
-Rodents
-Equipment and vehicles
-Other poultry livestock & pets
-Water
-Hatchery
-Insects
-People
-Wild birds
-Housing

THINGS TO NOTE:
1. Prevent unauthorized access to the farm, all people entering the farm should shower on and change clothing
2. Maintain a visitor record
3. Hands and boots should be sanitized when entering and leaving the individual houses
4. Clean and disinfect all equipment before bringing it into a house
5. Visit the youngest flock first
6. Wherever possible use an "all-in/all-out" cycle
7. Clean up feed spills immediately
8. Store litter materials and feed inside an enclosed storage bin or building
9. Do not leave equipment, building materials, or litter lying around
10. Keep wild birds out of all houses and maintain an effective rodent/vermin program.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ennyboy12(m): 1:19pm On May 30, 2020
Nice thread
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Zombiekiller010: 3:33am On May 31, 2020
todto:
pls guys my turkeys are affected with fowl pox. what can I use to treat them. I have tried ampiclox; pox proline but I have not seen any significant improvement.
kindly post pictures of your turkey and how old are they
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by biker1: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
Gidigidi3:

Top feed is still tops, for light am using kerosine lamp but for brooding I used gas heater. (Gas heater is economical when u have the numbers).

Can you send a pic of the gas heather ?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 2:59am On Jun 04, 2020
what can we use for brooding in place of kerosene lantern
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 3:06am On Jun 04, 2020
coz i do go to work around 7am and I'll be back by 4. Sir neo,can you please explain how i can brood with this my working schedule
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
sodeeqsulaimon88:
coz i do go to work around 7am and I'll be back by 4.
Sir neo,can you please explain how i can brood with this my working schedule

You will need to get an assistance , cos u may not be able to meet up feeding and taking care of ur birds before leaving for 7am work
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
sodeeqsulaimon88:
what can we use for brooding in place of kerosene lantern

The lantern is mainly for visibility so u can use rechargeable lantern but for heat its either u use charcoal or if u are sure of Light 24/7 use the 100 or 200watt bulb or u use gas burner
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by mamamia007(m): 10:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
we have 12weeks and 16weeks old local turkey for sale in Lagos please call 08032368778

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.