Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (344415 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:30am On Jun 07, 2020
biker1:

Can you send a pic of the gas heather ?

Take a look at d pic below
On how its used ask farmfric for a demo

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Uyoukowise: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THAT HEATER
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
Uyoukowise:
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THAT HEATER
I was told its between 45000 - 60000

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Lexel321: 9:33am On Jun 17, 2020
Good Morning great farmers and mentors in the house. Pls I need help, my 7 weeks broiler is just drying up and dying everyday. The only visible sign is their legs being dried and massive loss of wait. Their poo looks okey except few brown watery ones.

Please what do I need to do to arrest the situation.

Thanks.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:37am On Jun 18, 2020
Lexel321:
Good Morning great farmers and mentors in the house. Pls I need help, my 7 weeks broiler is just drying up and dying everyday. The only visible sign is their legs being dried and massive loss of wait. Their poo looks okey except few brown watery ones.

Please what do I need to do to arrest the situation.

Thanks.

What is last and current treatment u used on them , if u can upload d pics for a clearer view
Good luck
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jeckin205: 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Among OBJ Marshall, agrited broiler and sayed broiler, which one will you recommend for tall height and large breast.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Lexel321: 9:19am On Jun 19, 2020
Thank you Sir.
I gave them royal solution only after completing their vaccination.

I will upload pictures when I get to the farm.

Thank you.

quote author=noeloge82 post=90798717]

What is last and current treatment u used on them , if u can upload d pics for a clearer view
Good luck[/quote]
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
POULTRY RULES

Do you have passion for poultry and really wish to stay long in the business? Then, obey these rules!

Rule 1
..."Only order for birds you can conveniently take care of".
This is the most important rule of all.

Instead of stocking 500 birds and then struggle to feed them or give them medication, buy 200 ,feed and give them good medication.

Trust me, you'll make more profit than keeping 500 and struggling to feed and give the medication. If this happens, you'll battle with stunted growth, recurrent morbidity or disease outbreaks and high mortality.

Rule 2
..."Never borrow money to start poultry business unless you are an expert".

Of course, there is no expert in poultry business. In fact, we learn everyday. Every stock you take in will always teach you something different. However, Haven learnt from all the different characteristics displayed by each stock, you get to know more and won't be excited when challenges come. You'll know how to handle them without much damage.

Rule 3.
..."Be vigilant".
The little things you don't take as anything matters.

If you want to succeed in poultry, you must take it as a real business. Do you know what a business man does every morning when he gets to his store? He pray, then open the store and go round to check if everything is in its place. He take stocks of what he met there and relate with his records yesterday before closing the store.

Don't just open your Penn and start rushing to give your birds feed and water and rush out again. Check around. Watch how they behave when you came in. Check what fell and what is no longer in its place

Rule 4
..."Never ignore warning signals".

Yes, I call them warning signals.
Bad smell
Withdrawal from feed
Moodiness
Withdrawal from water

There are numerous warning signals i can't mention here. In fact, they are so many

A farmer must know how his birds behaves when they see him enter in the morning. How they behave when he serve them feed. He should know the very active terrors and gentle lambs

If you keep these signals, you'll easily spot when something is not right

Rule 5
..."Never change feed indiscriminately!"

I know you do this. Yes, you.

When farmers talk about changing feed from this to this and that then this all in the name getting better result, I'm always scared for them.

Whether you are changing from a bad feed to a good one, you must be very careful.

Do you know every change in feed affect you negatively. fiyrst, before gradually bringing in the results you desire? Most of the times, you may suffer withdrawal, coccidiosis, feed wastage, stress and more.

Imagine changing from mash to Pellet indiscriminately. Do you know what that means? Have you studied the difference between mash and Pelleted feed and the process of digestion?

They may contain the same ingredients but the formulation process varies so is the digestion process.

Note:
I don't mean changing from starter to grower or finisher but changing from one commercial feed to another e.g. from top feed to hybrid then Ultima, livestock, new hope, Chikun and more; you are doing your birds more harm than good.

Each company use their own unique ingredients to make their feeds although they may give the same nutritional content. Before using any feed for yiur birds, find out first about the feed and make sure you stick with it. Don't be surprised, the cheapest feeds in the market may give you the best result.

Rule 6
..."Never let your birds run dry of water".

Have you heard of heat stress? If it has happened to your birds then you'll understand what I'm saying.
Heat stress can wipe your entire flock. And it may leave your birds vulnerable to all kinds of infection as their immune system get weakened and may take more than 14 days to fully recover.
Your birds can survive 48 hours without feed but they can't survive 7 hours without water.
Instead of running out of water, please, run out of feed.

Rule 7
..."If you can't drink that water, don't give it to your birds".

Some farmers takes chickens as they are just animals and nothing matters. Maybe they've forgotten they are dealing with delicate live animals.

Waterborne diseases are some of the deadliest disease and most difficult to control. Imagine a tiny drop of of harmful substance inside the drinking water; it'll contaminate the whole water. If it was feed, it may not be that bad.

Some farmers believe too that if a particular drug cures a disease, once the same drug is mixed with their drinking water it'll kill all the harmful bacterial inside the water. No, it doesn't work dt way.

And lastly, Rule no. 8.
You don't sleep, if you sleep, your birds sleep, most especially for broilers and if your birds sleeps, they stop, growing, get them illuminated both day and night and feed them Ad-libitum. That is the secret of 2.6kg in 35days on raising broilers
Copied

7 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by dotunibrahim7(m): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thanks boss
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Buying Day old broiler in July for Christmas sales is not Economically viable but building your cages/broader/pen in July for Christmas birds is super plan
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Please where can I get day old Broilers, how much is it.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
Funjosh:
Please where can I get day old Broilers, how much is it.
Day old broilers are available , prices depends on hatchery of choice from 300 that is 15000 per carton - 340 that is 17000 per carton this was Monday 6/07/2020 price
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 12:11am On Jul 08, 2020
noeloge82:

Day old broilers are available , prices depends on hatchery of choice from 300 that is 15000 per carton - 340 that is 17000 per carton this was Monday 6/07/2020 price

Pardon my ignorance, what's the difference, which one should for, am a newbie
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:54am On Jul 08, 2020
Funjosh:

Pardon my ignorance, what's the difference, which one should for, am a newbie
Is not about ignorance u need to ask when u don't know
We have many hatcheries with day old broilers , and this broilers are of different species like Abor acre specie, Marshall, Cob,Ross 308
But some of the major differences is that some grow taller than others while some grow tall but have larger breast meat than others .
As a new farmers all you need is good bird and good management to achieve great results

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nedlog01(m): 10:41am On Jul 10, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.
It's for those in Nigeria.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Funjosh(m): 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
noeloge82:

Can we chat on whatsapp 080+9403+2285
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
Funjosh:

Can we chat on whatsapp 080+9403+2285

We can 08135348909
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by coputa(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2020
noeloge82:

Is not about ignorance u need to ask when u don't know
We have many hatcheries with day old broilers , and this broilers are of different species like Abor acre specie, Marshall, Cob,Ross 308
But some of the major differences is that some grow taller than others while some grow tall but have larger breast meat than others .
As a new farmers all you need is good bird and good management to achieve great results
sir,is it profitable to venture into short term broiler production, i.e 6 to 7 weeks and sell, and is there market for this size of broilers.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2020
coputa:
sir,is it profitable to venture into short term broiler production, i.e 6 to 7 weeks and sell, and is there market for this size of broilers.

Sure that is what fast foods sell the market is very big but you must negotiate before production to have a better plan on your investment

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aysnoopy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
noeloge82:

Sure that is what fast foods sell the market is very big but you must negotiate before production to have a better plan on your investment

Can u help me look for market Sir.
I want to be raising birds for 6weeks targeting 2-2.5 kg.
How much are they buying per kg live weight?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
aysnoopy:

The major problem here is that am not in your location and if u want to supply far outside your location then u must factor using ur personal transport and not public transport to save cost
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
aysnoopy:

If u have eateries , joints , frozen meat sellers meet them and negotiate prices with them
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aysnoopy(m): 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
noeloge82:

If u have eateries , joints , frozen meat sellers meet them and negotiate prices with them

Thank you Sir. I base in Ibadan
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
aysnoopy:

Thank you Sir. I base in Ibadan
You know ib has a very big market , just move around and negotiate
If u needed d clearance sell from hatcheries the problem is they will need big No's like 2000 birds or at least 500 broilers at once but if its fast food and frozen dealers they will only give you their request by kgs which will be easier to meet up with
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aysnoopy(m): 12:22am On Jul 16, 2020
noeloge82:

You know ib has a very big market , just move around and negotiate
If u needed d clearance sell from hatcheries the problem is they will need big No's like 2000 birds or at least 500 broilers at once but if its fast food and frozen dealers they will only give you their request by kgs which will be easier to meet up with

God bless you more for your response sir.

I'll like to ask another question Sir.
I've raise Different broilers b4 (FIDAN, ZARTECH, OBJ), but I notice zartech are not very fast growing birds.
Sir, which hatchery should I go for since I'm targeting 2.5kg at 6 weeks.
Some people talk about CHI, AMO, and so on, even AGRITED.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:00am On Jul 16, 2020
aysnoopy:

God bless you more for your response sir.

I'll like to ask another question Sir.
I've raise Different broilers b4 (FIDAN, ZARTECH, OBJ), but I notice zartech are not very fast growing birds.
Sir, which hatchery should I go for since I'm targeting 2.5kg at 6 weeks.
Some people talk about CHI, AMO, and so on, even AGRITED.
OBJ , AGRITED will give u that result now but d thing is this price of DOC are on the raise now and since its 2.5 at 6 weeks you looking for I will advice u go for AMO, CHI , FIDAN ,SUPREME or FARM SUPPORT this ones their prices are cheaper and will still deliver your target
Good luck
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aysnoopy(m): 4:27am On Jul 16, 2020
noeloge82:

OBJ , AGRITED will give u that result now but d thing is this price of DOC are on the raise now and since its 2.5 at 6 weeks you looking for I will advice u go for AMO, CHI , FIDAN ,SUPREME or FARM SUPPORT this ones their prices are cheaper and will still deliver your target
Good luck

Will OBJ and AGRITED give more result than 2.5kg at 6 weeks?
I'm looking for minimum of 2.5kg at 6 weeks. D bigger the better. Even of I can achieve 3.5kg, it will be more better. Lol

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:22am On Jul 16, 2020
aysnoopy:

Will OBJ and AGRITED give more result than 2.5kg at 6 weeks?
I'm looking for minimum of 2.5kg at 6 weeks. D bigger the better. Even of I can achieve 3.5kg, it will be more better. Lol
Once u feed very well and manage greatly u can some will be more than that
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ade4all080(m): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
noeloge82:
Its 1egg per day and hatchability it's ok if done in the normal way
what happen if artificially inseminated? what is the hatchability?
learning in silence
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ade4all080(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
noeloge82:
Good day ladies and gentlemen broiler farmers in the house I have good news for U,
This year we will all smile
I have very cheering news now I can help u get broilers with 90% male and very good size and weight all u need do is chat me and the rest is History
Why waste Time the best time to start is now
And remember u have me to support u all thru your broading
Just chat me and let d broading begin

is this offer still available for December sales?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by West2North(m): 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
my 4 wks old chicks.

Hi boss,

what was the size of this room where you raised 250 birds. Thank you
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:01am On Aug 01, 2020
Ade4all080:

is this offer still available for December sales?

Of course u can still get obj male thru me but chat me 08135348909

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.