Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? (54307 Views)

Yoruba Elders Accuse Buhari Of Marginalizing The South & Favouring The North / EXPLOSIVE: The Anti Igbo And SS Plot By Yoruba And Northerners Goes Viral / Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by gabicon: 12:53am On Aug 29, 2015
lets be sincere the reason for all these noise is that money isn't circulating like before. its hard to accept but its the bitter truth

4 Likes

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by philips70(m): 12:54am On Aug 29, 2015
Exactly what has the Yorubas lost in this government so far that has affected their economy?
Somebody explain to me?

Conversely, what did the Yorubas gain with Okupe, FFK and Koro when they were appointed into GEJ's government?

I need quick answers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by TolaniLuv: 12:55am On Aug 29, 2015
I'm not surprised at all!! A dictator who suddenly said he's a changed man and we all believed him and voted for Buhari? Buhari !! Sai Baba.... There's God oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Ayatullah(m): 12:56am On Aug 29, 2015
The Yorubas that are weeping presently are those who sold themselves to GEJ thinking he will win a second term. Now no show for the gluttons!

Genuine Yorubas are men and women of integrity, who will never complain that 'A Good Man' has come to power.

If Buhari as a military leader then jailed some Yoruba politicians when he overthrew Shehu Shagari his tribes man so what? Were Yoruba politicians the only people that were jailed?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by fixedhollies(m): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2015
With all your responses, bear in mind that Nigeria is a federal system of government, no excuse could be ever given for lack of distribution of duty post effectively. No matter how corrupt we can say a region is or is people, there should be people of high quality that buari can work with. Though I never loved the man from beginning! I wonder why someone can not identify the features and structures of a country his ruling on!
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by dammytosh: 1:00am On Aug 29, 2015
So some people still think Jonathan is an option.

Bring the ballot box again, I will still not vote Jonathan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 29, 2015
'My opic' advice/thought/observations. who d heck is not enjoying pmb's administration now? being nigerians has really played down on us. everybody wants an appointment from his/her region not caring about credibility, what are the flaws of the newly appointed? why are the ones from your region need b appointed? as for me and others who think like me, the credibility of this new administration can never be compromised for some selfish interest. if pmb is not doing his job as a president, then he should be impeached ASAP and not trying to make the innocent nigerians who want a greater height for nigeria by voting in our amiable duo pmb/vpo into sit feel guilty of their selfish inflicted mind ailments. mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by brownsug(f): 1:05am On Aug 29, 2015
Dats ur widest dream yea? But really dats a bad blood leave dis pple alone
Really ur going to church on sundays get coma If u still nurse dis
sweatlana:
I'd love to see the yorubas cry blood. Now na morning them never start

1 Like

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 29, 2015
Am beginning to see one the reasons why GEJ failed, he appointed ministers based on federal character and not on merit and competence. Where in the world has federal character placed ahead of competence and qualifications? I don't care if the whole appointment comes from a section of the country as long as there's good governance and prosperity in the nation. The question people should ask is If the persons appointed are qualified and have no corrupt back ground. And in fact, when you are rebuilding a nation like Nigeria, you need your trusted hands on deck, individuals that you will appoint and rest your mind, knowing that they will deliver. By the way, how many yoruba's were in Gej's administration? Who complained? Carry go Mr president, we trust your judgement, just as the father know what's best for the children, You are the father of the nation and you know what's best for us. CHANGE HAS COME, EMBRACE IT OR HUG TRANSFORMER, the choice is yours.
As opined by Hilary

7 Likes

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Christafarian(m): 1:07am On Aug 29, 2015
luchy34:
I thought Yorubass are wise
Whether or not you think they are wise does not matter, what matters most is that you try go to school and be educated. Serving one master for seven yrs or so, and then getting "settled" is modern day slavery & servitude.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by brownsug(f): 1:12am On Aug 29, 2015
Thank u wise one,they plans first they ll instigate yorubas against buhari and later pounce on them,scornful pple

Ayatullah:
The Yorubas that are weeping presently are those who sold themselves to GEJ thinking he will win a second term. Now no show for the gluttons!

Genuine Yorubas are men and women of integrity, who will never complain that 'A Good Man' has come to power.

If Buhari as a military leader then jailed some Yoruba politicians when he overthrew Shehu Shagari his tribes man so what? Were Yoruba politicians the only people that were jailed?
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Christafarian(m): 1:13am On Aug 29, 2015
legendsilver:
I love Buhari with 100% passion
Seconded.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Billygee2u: 1:24am On Aug 29, 2015
sweatlana:
I'd love to see the yorubas cry blood. Now na morning them never start
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by belente(m): 1:28am On Aug 29, 2015
True talk
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by maxayuba: 1:39am On Aug 29, 2015
good
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by mikolo80: 1:46am On Aug 29, 2015
ochejoseph:

I was glancing through twitter  and saw many APC folks who called us names for holding and an opinion  contrary to their change mantra "wailing "
These came to me as a surprise before this Pre-election  warning by Yoruba elders was brought to my attention! 

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/yorubas-will-weep-should-they-cast-their-votes-for-buhari-elders-warn/
how e affect you when gej de dia
e no concine Yoruba
na Yoruba politicians fit de worry
useless irresponsible Yoruba politicians
all dis mataa no concine common man
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by basilo101: 1:54am On Aug 29, 2015
Difak:
'My opic' advice/thought/observations. who d heck is not enjoying pmb's administration now? being nigerians has really played down on us. everybody wants an appointment from his/her region not caring about credibility, what are the flaws of the newly appointed? why are the ones from your region need b appointed? as for me and others who think like me, the credibility of this new administration can never be compromised for some selfish interest. if pmb is not doing his job as a president, then he should be impeached ASAP and not trying to make the innocent nigerians who want a greater height for nigeria by voting in our amiable duo pmb/vpo into sit feel guilty of their selfish inflicted mind ailments. mtcheew.
u ppl kip talking credibility, tell me one spectacular abt any of d appointees dat ppl frm oda regions dont hav times ten? Is any of dia CV more impresive dan dat ogbonnaya onu? Stop trying to save face abeg
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by basilo101: 1:57am On Aug 29, 2015
danjumakolo:
Am beginning to see one the reasons why GEJ failed, he appointed ministers based on federal character and not on merit and competence. Where in the world has federal character placed ahead of competence and qualifications? I don't care if the whole appointment comes from a section of the country as long as there's good governance and prosperity in the nation. The question people should ask is If the persons appointed are qualified and have no corrupt back ground. And in fact, when you are rebuilding a nation like Nigeria, you need your trusted hands on deck, individuals that you will appoint and rest your mind, knowing that they will deliver. By the way, how many yoruba's were in Gej's administration? Who complained? Carry go Mr president, we trust your judgement, just as the father know what's best for the children, You are the father of the nation and you know what's best for us. CHANGE HAS COME, EMBRACE IT OR HUG TRANSFORMER, the choice is yours.
As opined by Hilary
slavery run in ur blood. We r nt suprised
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by tupem: 1:57am On Aug 29, 2015
allanphash7:
Oro agba bi o se l"owuro..............
a se L'ojo ale!

1 Like

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by basilo101: 1:59am On Aug 29, 2015
Christafarian:

Whether or not you think they are wise does not matter, what matters most is that you try go to school and be educated. Serving one master for seven yrs or so, and then getting "settled" is modern day slavery & servitude.
mumu. Modern slavery is to be "employed" by d imperialist foreign invaders and serve dem for d rest of ur life.

1 Like

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by TheDauraMallam: 2:08am On Aug 29, 2015
This thread reeks of tribalism
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Kamikazeguru: 2:08am On Aug 29, 2015
Most people giving comments out here are misinformed,always get your fact right before you comment.All this Yoruba elders say say say is for there pocket and there words are misleading.i am a Yoruba guy and i can't just let one man think is nonsense opinion speak for my knowledge about the good government we have now in Nigeria..i believe we should have move beyond all this Ethnicity selfish interest.have anyone of you asked him/herself what have the past ministers and kitchen cabinet that was appointed from you state done to improve you social security life.please let's be sensible here and give the change a chance to impact our Nigeria dream me and you have voted for,we should say NO too incompetent and padi mi, padi mi past government that was introduce to us back then by undemocratic PDP....

1 Like

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by MrMcJay(m): 2:13am On Aug 29, 2015
In 1993, Ogun State Produced Ernest Shonekan the head of the Interim National Government.

Between 1999-2007, Ogun State Produced the President. Obasanjo

In 2008 or so, Ogun State Produced the Speaker of the HOR. Dimeji Bankole

Between the three posts mentioned above, none of them constructed a single bridge in Ogun State. In fact, it was this present Governor that constructed the first pedestrian bridge in Ogun State.

Due to the bad roads leading to Ota Farm, Obasanjo flew by helicopters to his farm. In fact, the first place he was pelted with sachet water was at Ogun State. Guess what he did? He stopped his convoy, came down, picked up the sachet water and threw it back.

When Dimeji Bankole was the Speaker, he after delay of more than 3 years managed to lobby FERMA to complete Ota bridge started ages ago. On the day of the commissioning, Obasanjo, Dimeji and Gbenga Daniel were dragging over who should commission it.

When elections came, OBJ's daughter lost her Senate seat, Dimeji Bankole was beaten like a drum and Gbenga Daniel's protege was trounced.

Go to Ogun State today and see what Amosun is doing. I don't blow people's trumpets, but the guy is trying.

Why am I saying this, performance of the occupant of an office matters more than where he is coming from.

It would take some set of people light years to understand this as primordial sentiments matter more to them than common sense, but the best people to explain this are Otuoke people.

Otuoke produced GEJ, but he was such a disgrace that as after he left office, there is no potable water and the roads are atrocious.

As for PMB, he should let wisdom guide him in his dealings. Even if doing something good, if not done fairly and justly, there would be problems.

"Let not your good be evil spoken of."

4 Likes

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by IGBOSON1: 2:14am On Aug 29, 2015
legendsilver:

ur role model was a scam that will never happen to this Nation again, trust me.

^^^Typical trait of you born-to-rule psychos.....full of cocksure arrogance! If GEJ was a scam, what then do we make of your hate-filled god?

1 Like

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by ugoezeik(m): 2:22am On Aug 29, 2015
koligs:
An Igbo engineer can't find a job so he opens a clinic
and puts a sign outside 'GET TREATMENT FOR 20k - IF
NOT CURED GET BACK 100k
A lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn
100k and goes to the clinic...
Lawyer: "I have lost my sense of taste"
Igbo man: "Nurse, bring medicine from box no. 22
and
put 3 drops in patient's mouth"
Lawyer: "Ugh..this is kerosene"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your sense of taste is restored.
Give me 20k"
The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to
recover his money...
Lawyer: "I have lost my memory. I cannot remember
anything"
and
put 3 drops in his mouth"
Lawyer (annoyed): "This is kerosene. You gave this to
me last time for restoring my taste"
Igbo man: "Congrats. You got your memory back.
Give
me 20k"
The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a
week later determined to get back 100k.
Lawyer: "My eyesight has become very weak"
Igbo man: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that,
so
take this 100k"
Lawyer (staring at the cash): "But this is 20k, not
100k"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your eyesight is restored. Give
me
20k"
You can't beat an Igbo man.

wow I luv dis. pls can u send me dis on ugoezeik@gmail plssssssssssss
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by MistaHumble(m): 2:27am On Aug 29, 2015
ochejoseph:

I was glancing through twitter  and saw many APC folks who called us names for holding and an opinion  contrary to their change mantra "wailing "
These came to me as a surprise before this Pre-election  warning by Yoruba elders was brought to my attention! 

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/yorubas-will-weep-should-they-cast-their-votes-for-buhari-elders-warn/

Makes no sense... The vice President is not Yoruba or what. Funny how some people are just too hard hearted to even try to understand someone's effort to create a better country for us. If people continue in this manner then it would be clear the is no president that can please people so what's the point of having a President that can't be encouraged by his subject.

Una matter dey tire person sha

1 Like

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Eluwilussit(m): 2:34am On Aug 29, 2015
alhassanlens:
I believe time will come, when people will see the good work Buhari is doing. Don't predict Baba dis early he will surely deliver insha Allah..

While most of us wish him well and hope that he delivers, the question is this: will the North accept such lopsided appointments from a southern president? Is it possible that only northerners are honest enough to serve with Buhari? If the North is endowed with such honesty, how come all the past Notthern leaders failed us?

Nevertheless, he has our mandate. So we have to allow him do his thing. We will support him, even if all his appointment is from Daura. So long as the subsequent presidents will be free to choose from anywhere they like, without people shouting.

Bro eh, make u look am like this: presido na North. Senate president North. Speaker North. SFG North. Almost all the people that will always decide our fate in this dispensation na from North. Haba! You think am na. Is that what one Nigeria stands for?

God Abeg help our president before nepotism go destroy him o!

1 Like

Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by UnimkeAk(m): 2:35am On Aug 29, 2015
koligs:
An Igbo engineer can't find a job so he opens a clinic
and puts a sign outside 'GET TREATMENT FOR 20k - IF
NOT CURED GET BACK 100k
A lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn
100k and goes to the clinic...
Lawyer: "I have lost my sense of taste"
and
put 3 drops in patient's mouth"
Lawyer: "Ugh..this is kerosene"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your sense of taste is restored.
Give me 20k"
The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to
recover his money...
Lawyer: "I have lost my memory. I cannot remember
anything"
and
put 3 drops in his mouth"
Lawyer (annoyed): "This is kerosene. You gave this to
me last time for restoring my taste"
Igbo man: "Congrats. You got your memory back.
Give
me 20k"
The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a
week later determined to get back 100k.
Lawyer: "My eyesight has become very weak"
Igbo man: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that,
so
take this 100k"
Lawyer (staring at the cash): "But this is 20k, not
100k"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your eyesight is restored. Give
me
20k"
You can't beat an Igbo man.

Hahahahaha

you wish.

what's the rocket science in inflating prices.
that's an Igbo man 4 u.
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by esohjayy(m): 2:42am On Aug 29, 2015
Shoro niyen
Re: Buhari : Is This Warning By Yoruba Elders Coming To Pass ? by Eluwilussit(m): 2:47am On Aug 29, 2015
MistaHumble:

Makes no sense... The vice President is not Yoruba or what. Funny how some people are just too hard hearted to even try to understand someone's effort to create a better country for us. If people continue in this manner then it would be clear the is no president that can please people so what's the point of having a President that can't be encouraged by his subject.

Una matter dey tire person sha

Guy, don't be deceived. Even in the most civilized of places, appointments are made to represent each region or province. People need to feel comfortable with the government. It is always balanced. Example is Canada. Ministers and important govt officers are distributed equitably. Unfortunately, the people who are trying very hard to pretend that it doesn't matter where the appointees are from, are the ones who know nothing about governance. Especially a democratic federation.

This is not a unitary or military govt. It is federalism and that federal character has to be applied. Abeg, jettison this patriotic posture. If the North has such a monopoly of wisdom and honesty, why haven't they used it to advance their collective cause at least, even if they don't want Nigeria to benefit from such? We need balance. That's what people are saying. There are good and bad people everywhere.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Placed On Bed Rest At Cedacrest Hospital After Yusuf Buhari's Accid / Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza, Warri, Delta State / Man who trekked to celebrate Buhari victory, treks to Abuja with APC casket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.