Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing (1810 Views)

Learn Movie Production And Directing Within A Week / Turn Your Script Writing Prowess Into Movie Or Short Film / 10 Amazing Actors Who Died During A Movie’s Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing by driftty: 5:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello house, please i will like to know what required steps to take in being a movie producer in Nigeria, the logistics and all it takes to start a movie production company. i will also be delighted if i can get some basic training from anywhere aside PEFTI due to my current location which isnt in Lagos. Anyone with useful information could kindly help out. cheers.
Re: HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing by ModiKen(m): 5:59am On Aug 28, 2015
Starting a company like that requires finance and the know-how in the movie industry.

You could begin by taking classes in directing and cinematography.

You didnt specify what part of the country you reside.

However, there is a film academy in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. The name is Empire Film Academy; it is rated one of the best in Africa.

This is their website: www.empirefilmacademy.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing by driftty: 6:25am On Aug 28, 2015
ModiKen:
Starting a company like that requires finance and the know-how in the movie industry.

However, there is a film academy in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. The name is Empire Film Academy; it is rated one of the best in Africa.

I have the finance, but to be honest about how much will it take for a start if you have any basic idea? and for the records i stay in Ibadan. thanks.
Re: HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing by ModiKen(m): 10:36am On Aug 28, 2015
driftty:

I have the finance, but to be honest about how much will it take for a start if you have any basic idea? and for the records i stay in Ibadan. thanks.

Good u have d finance but do u have the experience of running a movie production company?

If u don't, I suggest u get ur self a job in a movie production outfit or u could act as an intern or understudy.

This would help u avoid mistakes as u setup and manage urs.

BTW, I don't know of any film academy in Ibadan. I think d closest is PEFTI.
Re: HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing by senorytz: 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
[b][To add to what Modiken has said I think Empire Film Academy is good Academy. Cos my elder sister graduated from there as a cinematographer and I must confess she is doing great. And if stay far from Uyo where the school is ...You can stay in the school hostel and it is affordable.
ModiKen:

Re: HELP! I Want To Go Into Movie Production And Directing by xaraj101(m): 10:27am On Dec 12, 2017
Hi Guys.... I intend enrolling at the empire film academy Uyo, to study film editing but I hardly know how to go about it.... I heard about the academy a few days ago so I decided to ask you guys for help. Please if anyone here has useful information on what I have to do and how to go about it,I would gladly appreciate your help...
I would also want to get information on accommodation and stuffs like that...
I would appreciate any (immediate) help. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Recent Reality Show Craze Craze in Nigeria / If Your Best Friend's Father Is In Love With You / Nigerian Film Industry Is Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.