Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! (45517 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / 8 Words We Pronounce Wrongly Everyday – Everyone Is Guilty Of No 5 / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by praxs(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
New student in foreign country------- I just finished my medicals...... Question asked: how is the result? Student: all negative, but they gave me positive in hepatitis b.. And I did before coming over, it all showed negative.. Happened in my school
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by NotNairalandi(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2015
G
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by haibe(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2015
kennygee:
So so so true.

I prefer hearing "I COV the course" than "that lecturer gave me COV".

He didn't give u the A abi. You got the A. But he gave the COV and u didn't earn it?

COV na for goats?
I used to say "they gave me B". Is that a problem too?
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Tenim47(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2015
Behira:
Looool......but dats because somtymz wen u examine the answers u wrote dwn on the failed cos, u wud notice dat u definately did not fail that course.
Somtime u tink of getin down d marker
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by ignis: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Yomieluv:
Simple,people take glory for what is positive,and shift blame for what is bad or negative.
That's human being for you.
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Dminister(m): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2015
When you have an F in a course you have to rethink if you actually deserve it,but only for u to discover that its not what you deserve.
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by EmmanuelIbeh(m): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2015
True talk
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Cetona(f): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2015
gringringrin True that. However, there are some courses a student fails and won't even bother giving excuses, cos, he/she already expected that. I wrote a course last semester, yet to see the result but I will be so glad if I get as 'much' as 40grin.

In other cases, you write an exam so well, giving beautiful answers, examples and you get one yeye markundecided. Of course, you were just 'given' the yeye mark, lol. Sometimes, the yeye mark might even be a 50 or 60, that just wasn't what you expected.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by mmav(f): 10:56am On Aug 28, 2015
It true but alecturer won't give u what u didn't score especially an F if u don't deserve it,most carryover we get are mainly blc of our insolence or wrong if u can't read u should b able to do d other way round,we find out dat most of us presently prefer d negative side of academical success so if we want to avoid F n our various institutions,either accademically or in our life we should study well so that when given a ref blc of of their(lecturesr)selfish interest we should be able to defend it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by babyfaceafrica: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Pascal181:
Abeg leave dis topic 4 now,u see Buhari appointing his brothers 2 sensitive positions and u re not saying anyting.
how tht one take concern us? kiss angry
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by victor247: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2015
I cant say am guilty of this. I like taking resposibility for my failures...it helps in making amends
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Kazrem(m): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2015
Even outside of education/academics, people shift blame to people or environment. It's hurt to accept one's fault. The blame game is played by almost all. But the early one attributes failure to one's self, the easier it becomes to correct
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Sappyman(m): 11:05am On Aug 28, 2015
This has been the tradition since the time of Lord Lugard.

1 Like

Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by HolyHero: 11:09am On Aug 28, 2015
rockcitie:
OP, i know you're very guilty of this.
cc gbaguanhunter
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by francizy(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2015
DICKtator:
I believe it is a "Never accept less" attitude

It may seem like delusion of the grandeur and such person may be termed a megalomaniac

But confidence is everything!!!

grin grin grin grin
Patrick is that you?
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 28, 2015
it is normal.
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Justicealh3(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2015
U know, we nigerian students always claim that we wise pass, in school when we write exams, when result was release, everybody they check his/her result, if student get Carry Over, u'll be hearing that student, sayin that, that man as give me CO, he/she'll never conplain that i have CO, but if he/she pass the course. O boy come see talk, i have pass the course, the way i read my handouts yesterday nait, u woud believe me. May be u pass the course self?
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by ksbusari(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2015
I dont do that. I blame myself for my failure bt u knw sometimes the lecturers too have thier's.
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by ebukaobj: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2015
haha nigeria oooo. our education sector is getting better though. Anyway you can get your free domain here at www.?aff=988. Just follow the link and register. cool cool cool
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Boyooosa(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2015
Dolypson04:
When we pass, we proudly claim the glory but when things do not come the way we wanted it, we shift the blame.
I asked a colleague about her result just the week, she told me it was fine. I asked for a particular course we all dreaded and she proudly said " I had A in it". I requested for another course and she replied; " They gave me 32 (F). In my subconscious state, I asked, "Who gave you"?.
The statement is very common in our secondary and tertiary institutions. By the way, why do we always "HAVE" A while they always "GIVE" us F?
U sure say u dey sleep so, did kin tin u com bring com NL, funny tho, av never bout it grin
U know, nobody wants to associate h/h self wit failure affiliate wit success even sometimes unjustly wink
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by heayey(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2015
yea...I do that alot because i pass very well in written courses but when it comes to cbt i think the computer gave me just anything...
Suprisingly, for some of my friends its d other way round...
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by calddon(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Putting it simple; humans take responsibility for good results but give excuses for bad results. This started from d time Adam attributed his disobedience to the woman Eve that God gave him.

1 Like

Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 28, 2015
Behira:
Looool......but dats because somtymz wen u examine the answers u wrote dwn on the failed cos, u wud notice dat u definately did not fail that course.

Gbam! You talk am
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by litetias(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2015
Egotistical tendencies
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by cecejobs(m): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2015
I thank God I didn't write a carry over for 5 yrs course. #Ese_baba
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by Subuhanalahi: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2015
Not guilty
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by joseph1832(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Dolypson04:
When we pass, we proudly claim the glory but when things do not come the way we wanted it, we shift the blame.
I asked a colleague about her result just the week, she told me it was fine. I asked for a particular course we all dreaded and she proudly said " I had A in it". I requested for another course and she replied; " They gave me 32 (F). In my subconscious state, I asked, "Who gave you"?.
The statement is very common in our secondary and tertiary institutions. By the way, why do we always "HAVE" A while they always "GIVE" us F?
Those who always 'have' a why they gave 'me' this and that are the ones who aren't ready for accept responsibility for their actions.
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by southernbelle(f): 11:39am On Aug 28, 2015
lol..so true
Re: Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! by happney65: 11:40am On Aug 28, 2015
The attitude of an average Black Man..Always blaming the next person for he's woes..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.