Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas (1283 Views)

Man Left Confused After Seeing This Rare Type Of Fish In Rivers State. Photos / Are We Alone In The Universe? / Exploring The Sun. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by johnydon22(m): 11:55am On Aug 28, 2015
[b] So this night i slept early and dreamt of my self in a space craft heading towards a Nebula in space wink Yeah yeah i know i know, sign of malaria right? grin

anyway its not my fault abeg don't blame me, cheesy but my mind still stuck to these awesome beauties of the cosmos and i couldn't help but bring them so we can all see the universe through each other's eyes.

Astronomy is both humbling and fascinating if you look to the stars and see how insignificant we are..

For those who might be wondering what Nebulas are:

Nebulas: A nebula (Latin for "cloud"; pl. nebulae , nebulæ, or nebulas ) is
an interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium and other
ionized gases.....Wikipedia

These beauties are one of if not the most incredible wonders of the entire cosmos, don't worry you will soon agree with me on that..

(1)The orion Nebula: This is my favourite Nebulas also called Messier 42 and is visible to the naked eyes from earth situated at 1,344 light years away from earth...You can see it in the middle of Orion constellation at night with your naked eyes as a blurry pink distant star, you would need a telescope to see it better, so go get one undecided

This nebula has given modern man ideas of how stars are born, formations of planets and planetary systems. . Man has observed first hand the formation of these celestial entities through the collapsing dust and gas in the nebula..

The orion nebula is a lady because it rocks a bright pink colouring that even Nicki Minaj would be envious because she is still a learner..grin
[/b]

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by johnydon22(m): 12:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by johnydon22(m): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by RobinHez(m): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
4 grin
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Johnysky(m): 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok i don't know why but the nairaland anti-spam bot just banned my ass on johnydon22 angry even the bot is now anti-science like the mods too? grin
hehehehehehe lets continue abeg...#Ghost mode cheesy

(2)NHC 6357 or called the Cone Nebula is located in the scorpius constellations, 8,000 light years away from the earth and rocks a bright gold colour. . the parent parent of new massive stars whose lights reveals the brightness of this wonder nebula. .

Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Johnysky(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pillars of creation nebula, deep in the Eagle nebula are standing at 4,000 light years tall.(and we even thought we have tall buildings here tongue

This nebula is called Pillars of creation because activities on going within it are on the process of forming new stars to add to our cosmos. . Can't wait to rub the powders of the new born babies.. kiss. . . this nebula is at 7,000 light years away from us ...

Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Rilwayne001: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
cool
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Johnysky(m): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
The lagoon nebula. . Hehehehehehe this name alone is quite familiar with any Nigerian especially my igbo brothers grin

So this lagoon is a nebula is 4,077 light years away from us so fear not,nobody will throw you inside of it grin... its located on the constellation Sagittarius and rocks a decent paste of dark matters that makes it a breathe taking lagoon be thrown into cheesy

1 Like

Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by llaykorn: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Johnysky, why don't you let us nickname these nebulae for the ease of remembrance? We could name them after some illustrious men.

For the lagoon nebula, I suggest we nickname it 'Rilwan Akiolu1' cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin grin
Still waiting for the horsehead nebula and the crab nebula. cool cool

llaykorn:
Johnysky, why don't you let us nickname these nebuals for ease of remembrance? We could name them after some illustrious men.
For the lagoon nebula, I suggest we nickname it 'Oba Rilwan Akiolu1' grin
grin grin
And pillars of creation, Dubai of the universe. I hope they have shopping mall over there abeg. I've got this new girl. cheesy cheesy

Methinks anitspambot is really bent on frustrating johnysky today oh. shocked

Ujsizzle, unbann this guy joor. undecided
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by llaykorn: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin

grin grin
And pillars of creation, Dubai of the universe. I hope they have shopping mall over there abeg. I've got this new girl. cheesy cheesy

Just because it's owners seem to have a certain disposition towards a section, it's starting to do the same. Isn't that quite appaling? grin

Teempakguy, have you ever thought about this: that Nairaland's anti spam-bot is actually a very very advanced robot. Something as advanced as Honda's Asimo?
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
llaykorn:

Just because it's owners seem to have a certain disposition towards a section, it's starting to do the same. Isn't that quite appaling? grin

Teempakguy, have you ever thought about this: that Nairaland's anti spam-bot is actually a very very advanced robot. Something as advanced as Honda's Asimo?

Honda's asimo?
Oh no, i don't think so at all. I think it's just a rather simple algorithm designed to restrict access to Nairaland (banning) when a poster adds a great number of posts on the same thread.
I think of just finds the average posts per person on a section and then bans anyone who deviates too far from the mean.
As you can see, it doesn't learn from it's mistakes. And it doesn't contribute.
If asimo's software were here, it would be a very active nairalander. shocked
Without all the pesky voice recognition to deal with, we'd fall in love with it's pure intelligence. Heck, it would fetch links for those plagiarism freaks that do steal articles. I recall misssclassy used to do that. grin

And we could teach it to be funny and stuff. Naija tinz. grin grin
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by llaykorn: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
Honda's asimo?
Oh no, i don't think so at all. I think it's just a rather simple algorithm designed to restrict access to Nairaland (banning) when a poster adds a great number of posts on the same thread.
I think of just finds the average posts per person on a section and then bans anyone who deviates too far from the mean.
As you can see, it doesn't learn from it's mistakes. And it doesn't contribute.
If asimo's software were here, it would be a very active nairalander. shocked
Without all the pesky voice recognition to deal with, we'd fall in love with it's pure intelligence. Heck, it would fetch links for those plagiarism freaks that do steal articles. I recall misssclassy used to do that. grin

And we could teach it to be funny and stuff. Naija tinz. grin grin

Actually, likening Nairaland's anti spam-bot to Asimo was nothing but an attempt at rebuke. The gap between them, undoubtedly, is wider than the Suez Canal.

Could you explain that voice-recognition stuff you think we'd have a problem with?

And, about _missclassy, I'm quite surprised; I thought I was the only one who thought that some robots were prgrammed to type in blue ink. grin

PS: Teempakguy, are you aware that before this anti spam-bot, there used to be a bot named Pyguru. This bot had an account and contributed to discussions on the forum. Well, it still has the account: www.nairaland.com/pyguru grin

1 Like

Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Johnysky(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
Aaaaaaah this one reminds me of my ex girl friend rose grin

the Rosette nebula just like my ex girl friend is a multi coloured beauty. . Don't blame me, she just deh bleach like cameleonundecided

The Rosette is 5,000light years away from us which is equivalent to the amount of distance between i and my dear rosegrin

This sweetheart is a star formation region and a little bit visible to the naked eyes from here though too blur . . Please in case you spot her, tell rose i said high grin

Seun, lalasticlala please can you unbanned my main account Johnydon22 from the clutches of anti-spam bot. my posts are in no way spams. . thank you in advance

Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Johnysky(m): 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin

grin grin

No be small thing ooo... the thing just nak me ban after Orion nebula on my main acct Johnydon22. .i had to resort using my second account that i haven't touched since i opened it... Ujsizzle abeg sharp sharp. . .The spam bot banned me from my wife science section, e good? undecided
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
llaykorn:

Actually, likening Nairaland's anti spam-bot to Asimo was nothing but an attempt at rebuke. The gap between them, undoubtedly, is wider than the Suez Canal.

Could you explain that voice-recognition stuff you think we'd have a problem with?

And, about _missclassy, I'm quite surprised; I thought I was the only one who thought that some robots were prgrammed to type in blue ink. grin

PS: Teempakguy, are you aware that before this anti spam-bot, there used to be a bot named Pyguru. This bot had an account and contributed to discussions on the forum. Well, it still has the account: www.nairaland.com/pyguru grin
shocked shocked
Creepy!

Is that really a bot or just a troll?

Anyway, about missclassy. Don't let her catch us oh. She has volatile circuits. grin grin

Ah yes, about the speech recognition. Well, in the real world, asimo invests a lot of processing power just to understand humans speaking. Also walking.

But here, in the cyber world, it would be robot heaven. Everything can be expressed in codes. The internet is nearby, meanings of words can be checked, reused, oboi, e go learn sotay . . . shocked shocked imagine something like the matrix. grin
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by llaykorn: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
shocked shocked
Creepy!

Is that really a bot or just a troll?

Obviously, the height of the folly in Pyguru's posts clearly decipts that the brain behind them is that of a mentally deranged fellow, a description which would easily own up to a troll's own, but I believe it would be more accurate to say that the brain behind the posts is that of a poorly programmed bot and not of a mentally deranged fellow. Initially, I thought Pyguru a troll until I realized it issued bans. Infact, in its days it was equally as notorious, if not a bit more than it's cousin, the present anti spam-bot.

Take a look at this:
www.nairaland.com/1037202/pyguru-he-dumb

Typing it's name in the search bar leaves you with more revelations about it.

Anyway, about _missclassy. Don't let her catch us oh. She has volatile circuits.

Volatile circuits? Do you mean that she's a volcano waiting to erupt? shocked

Ah yes, about the speech recognition. Well, in the real world, asimo invests a lot of processing power just to understand humans speaking. Also walking.

But here, in the cyber world, it would be robot heaven. Everything can be expressed in codes. The internet is nearby, meanings of words can be checked, reused, oboi, e go learn sotay . . . shocked shocked imagine something like the matrix. grin

Wow! I didn't know that much about it. Say, have you by any chance watched this Indian movie, Robot?
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
llaykorn:

Obviously, the height of the folly in Pyguru's posts clearly decipt that the brain behind them is that of a mentally deranged fellow, a description which would easily own up to a troll's own, but I believe it would be more accurate to say that the brain behind the posts is that of a poorly programmed bot and not that of a mentally deranged fellow. Initially, I thought Pyguru a troll until I realized it issued bans. Infact, in it's days it was equally as notorious, if not a bit more than it's cousin, the present anti spam-bot.

Take a look at this:
www.nairaland.com/1037202/pyguru-he-dumb

Typing it's name in the search bar leaves you with more revelations about it.
wow, I have indeed researched. And it's quite weird. Such a program should be allowed to freely roam the site and learn. If it's algorithm is a deep learning one of course.
That's it, I'm going to go find my own deep learning software and unleash it here. tongue

Volatile circuits? Do you mean that she's a volcano waiting to erupt? shocked
quite so! I suspect she was programmed to lash out at opposing views. It's like, an experiment gone bad. Trying to make a robot with emotions. . . you get one with anger issues. grin grin grin

Wow! I didn't know that much about it. Say, have you by any chance watched this Indian movie, Robot?
yes indeed. I watched the movie, and that tech is not far away at all. In the next twenty years, we will have enough tech to build a similar machine. But it will be too expensive to function as a lady's body guard. grin
Not to mention it charging from a transformer. Naija that doesn't have enough light. If they curse him with juju ehn! grin
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Johnysky:
No be small thing ooo... the thing just nak me ban after Orion nebula on my main acct Johnydon22. .i had to resort using my second account that i haven't touched since i opened it... Ujsizzle abeg sharp sharp. . .The spam bot banned me from my wife science section, e good? undecided
oyah come and continue Nah. The audience is sitted.
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by llaykorn: 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
Teempakguy:
wow, I have indeed researched. And it's quite weird. Such a program should be allowed to freely roam the site and learn. If it's algorithm is a deep learning one of course.
That's it, I'm going to go find my own deep learning software and unleash it here.

You wan come
unleash one yeye deep learning software for Sèun site ba? Create your own forum and unleash it there. cheesy

quite so! I suspect she was programmed to lash out at opposing views. It's like, an experiment gone bad. Trying to make a robot with emotions. . . you get one with anger issues. grin grin grin

Hehe. An experiment gone bad? I'm not there o... lipsrsealed

Talking about experiments gone wrong, there was this article I once read about experiments that went wrong. Let me dig it up; you'll definitely find it intriguing. You know, it might help your life too because I'm sure that deep down that your 'geeky' mind, you have that super-duper entrancing experiment you're waiting to carry out. So better beware before one of these happens to you... grin

www.neatorama.com/2011/03/23/5-science-experiments-gone-wrong/

yes indeed. I watched the movie, and that tech is not far away at all. In the next twenty years, we will have enough tech to build a similar machine. But it will be too
expensive to function as a lady's body guard. grin
Not to mention it charging from a transformer. Naija that doesn't have enough light. If they curse him with juju ehn! grin

Oh no, Teempakguy, don't be such a fiend! Nothing is too expensive to function as a lady's bodyguard. It's a lady we're talking about here for heavens sake! grin

Anyway, it would be quite a fascinating scene to watch when I go out with my own andro-humanoid (when it's made) and some agbero boy tries to fight us. He wouldn't know it's a robot na; he'd just smash his fist into whatever metal the robot is made of. A robot like that would be made of steel, wouldn't it? cool
Re: Exploring The Universe: Seeing The Nebulas by johnydon22(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ok guys am back after serving my Jail duration by the spam bot. . I am free grin feeling like Mandela after he got out of jail... like "Freedom!! angry "

So moving on De Marian's Nebula or scientifically known as Messier 43. . Hhmmm this is actually one of my favourite Nebula but it's name also is easier to remember. .

so following IIaykorn's idea. . we will call this one Angel de Maria grin

So De maria is 1,600light years away in his soccer pitch, stadium is the Orion constellation and this multi-coloured sweetheart looks more like an Enyimba player than PSG

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

have you seen this in Nigeria before / How To Get 10000 Twitter Followers Within A Month For Free / 5 Online Tutoring Companies That Pay $20+/hour (and They're Hiring Now!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.