Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council (30474 Views)

Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Inconsequential Portfolios Given To Ndigbo, Ohaneze, Njiko Igbo Alledges. / Why Saraki's Arraignment Is Unacceptable To Objective Observers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Sveen: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/395x300xaba.jpg.pagespeed.ic.NJmF4gIvZG.webp[/img]

the new SGF, C0S and others

Awka – THE Ohaneze Youth Council, OYC, Friday, expressed deep anger over President Muhammadu Buhari’s latest appointment for the positions of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, the Chief of Staff to the President and others.
President of the of the OYC, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, in a statement he jointly signed with the group’s Public Relations Officer, Hon. Obinna Adibe, said the appointments were totally unacceptable to Ndigbo, arguing that they violated the principle of federal character as enshrined in the Nigerian constitution.

President Buhari announced the appointment of Engr. Babachir David Lawal from Adamawa State as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation; as well as Alhaji Abba Kyari for the position of Chief of Staff to the President.

Others appointed included Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (rtd.)- Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service; Mr. Kure Martin Abeshi – Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service; Senator Ita S.J. Enang – SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate) and Hon. Suleiman A. Kawu -SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives)
According to the Ohaneze Youth Council, the President had demonstrated his deep hatred for Ndigbo, even after he had said he belonged to nobody but belonged to everybody
The statement read: “We stand to condemn this glaring hatred for Ndigbo by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. We recall that apart from several other appointments, Buhari’s government has also appointed Service Chiefs and in a similar manner, he sidelined the South-East zone.

“As if that was not enough, the long-awaited position of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, has come at last and this government deemed nobody from the South-East qualified enough to occupy that position, which was earlier zoned to Ndigbo.

“We are indeed shocked by this turn of events, which are totally at variance with Mr. President’s earlier stand that he was for nobody but that he was for everybody. We are at a loss where this statement fits in, considering all the actions he has taken so far, which are all against the interest of Ndigbo.

“Where is the justice; where is the equity; where is the one Nigeria? How long shall Ndigbo be pushed to the walls?

“The Ohaneze Youth Council is saying it loud and clear that these appointments are unacceptable to us and we urge Mr. President to reverse them, otherwise it would appear that there is a grand-design to annihilate the Igbos out of the political and economic system in this country.”

The statement further stated that apart from the neglect Ndigbo had suffered in the area of appointments, it was also curious that the Buhari-led government had suspended work on the second Niger Bridge, adding that “all these are pointers to the fact that we are becoming endangered species in Nigeria.”

It added: “The Second Niger Bridge is a project that touches on the economic life of the entire South-East and we find it curious that the Federal Government is not ready to attach any priority to it.
“We use this medium to urge Mr. President to right these wrongs and move the country forward as one. Tribalism has never paid Nigeria and this period will not make any difference”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buharis-appointments-unacceptable-to-ndigbo-ohaneze-youth-council/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok. That's the change we wanted and now we've got it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Jorussia(m): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
.not only Ndigbo,but to the entire southern Nigeria.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by ricsman(m): 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
the truth about all these is that we got no choose than to live with it till 2019.
PMB can do what he like but if those that put their life on the line for him are
ridiculed because of his inability to incorporate them
into the government they fought for, then he has
thought Nigerians never to trust a man no matter
how honest n level of integrity
those appointment don't border me but the SFG
should have gone to the zone-SS that is not
represented in the federal executive arm or other
arms of government.
I want change of government
I want change in national management
I want change in the way we do things
I want a better Nigeria
so if PMB can lay the foundation and raise it up a
little with whosoever he wants .....so help him God
Amen!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by adehsenior(m): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Naija needs change and she have gotten the change oooo

Dai Buhari till 2019

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by slimmyjimmy(m): 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Who read am ? Need summary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by sukkot: 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
ndigbo wailing as usual. what else is new * sigh *

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by ihatebuhari(f): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by snowytee(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Some people will soon come and call this wailing but deep down,they know it is wrong.Nigeria is too complex for one sided appointments.Lets respect the constitutional federal character.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Standing5(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Really! When something is unacceptable to someone he takes an action after expressing his opinion. Let's wait n see what happens if any.
After spitefully voting against Buhari i doubt they have anymore moves up their sleeves

16 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by allanphash7(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Laughing
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
hahaha, public outcry.
i'm pleading with you all to be patient with GMB, in as much as the all political appointment are not yet occupied.
and let's wait till those appointees fail in their primary assignment before we castigate them...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by sheguy(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
Wht do expect frm a president dat came to power with lies.

21 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by OboloMAN: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2015

“those who describe you as a religious bigot do not know you. Frankly, I used to think that way when I was in the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, but all that changed when I joined the APC and have the opportunity to relate with you very closely as a politician that is truly detribalized in the true sense of the word.

Amaechi To Buhari October 2014

There's is no smoke without fire, A leopard can never CHANGE

20 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Cyriloha(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by DROGON: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
Kai undecided
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by OboloMAN: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2015

How long shall Ndigbo be pushed to the walls?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by free2ryhme: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
cheesy
Ghen Ghen South east don vex, hia

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by ruggedboy01: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sai baba grin cheesy grin

This one na real change grin

@ wale my friend, how market? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by free2ryhme: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Though i support PMB with my whole heart, nd believe he has good intentions, but am really disappointed with these appointments he had made so far. Lets be patient, and hope he will balance them in subsequent ones.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by mildflame: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
EKEREMADU think say him be sharp Guy now see wetin de happen

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Change!
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by gokay11(m): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Una never sabi anything#babaonechance

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by morbid: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Brazen flouting of the principle of Federal Character and undisguised display of Arewacentricity in the manner of his appointments so far. Totally unacceptable!!! And what is the main Ohaneze waiting for,that the Youth Wing will have to be the first to react to this injustice? Where are the Igbo governors,federal legislators, political and business leaders,accomplished academicians,seasoned journalists and all?? This is not a time to keep mute and pretend that all is well!! We are one of the three major tribes in Nigeria,and all the geo-political zones have got at least one appointment. Therefore,we must all rise against this unfair treatment because I'm double sure that the North would NEVER tolerate this in a government headed by an Igbo man. One Northern governor would have stormed Aso Rock to demand explanations.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
BIAFRA loading..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Nathdoug(m): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
Na una. Get e appointment spirit...fp tinx on. Point
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by george790: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
dauradullord... Buhari a president of Northgeria.... That d change Nigeria sort for nd dey r getting it

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by ZACHIE: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
Let dem redouble their dubious vote count
For Gej!!!!!! Still not too late.
Expired bunch of himbos.

When those stocks populated Gej s government,what did we get?

Taaa, make dem shut the eff up

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by Teryfik(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
I thought Ndigbo stands 4 Biafra,hw cum they r stil complaining.......meanwhile check my signature

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council by george790: 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
dedicated to my girl... ah dnt av sha made first page today

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo Assembly Crisis: ‘oshiomhole 15’ Relocates To Abuja Over Threat To Lives / Diesel Price May Hit N1,500/litre, 75% Filling Stations Closed – Marketers / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.