Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like (10714 Views)

Get A One Page Cv And Standout / Updated: How To Write A Presentable And Job Winning Curriculum Vitae (CV) / How To Write A Professional Job Winning Curriculum Vitae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by club340: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2015
Job-seekers sometimes get caught up in the frenzy of formatting, correcting or even trying to slash down words on their CVs to ensure the contents fit one page. Most times though, what they have in the end is a scanty looking document that doesn't say much. You can see what a typical one-page CV looks like below.

We would appreciate your opinion on the CV format below. The first two commenters get a CV redraft for FREE! You will get a PM requesting you to send your CV.

For CV reviews and redrafts, find more info on https://club340./what-we-do/. Don't forget to send us an email if you like what you see!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by Mrban(m): 10:30am On Aug 29, 2015
nice. i love it

2 Likes

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by exotiqueify(f): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2015
I think its just d references that is missing, otherwise, the cv is perfect as a one page cv! . . .

1 Like

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by eHustler(m): 10:38am On Aug 29, 2015
Good one.

1 Like

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by Latoch(m): 10:39am On Aug 29, 2015
Simply nice!

1 Like

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by club340: 10:43am On Aug 29, 2015
Mrban:
nice. i love it
exotiqueify:
I think.its just d references thay is missing, otherwise, i see absolutely nothing with it. . . . .
Thanks for your review Miss. Actually the references part is flexible and can be inserted on request from our clients. I could include it in yours tho wink

Welldone Mrban and Exotiqueify! Will be contacting you shortly.
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by club340: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2015
Mrban:
nice. i love it
Please Reply the PM.
cc Mrban
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by OracleMxNelson(m): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I love this... if u could make my too Id also be delighted thanks
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by dayo23(f): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
All this na paparazzi....Without Connection OYO lo wa

8 Likes

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by club340: 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
OracleMxNelson:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I love this... if u could make my too Id also be delighted thanks

Actually we can, please visit https://club340./what-we-do/ on how to proceed.
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by umar745(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
Nice
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by kheart(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by ednut1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
there is nothing like a job winning CV, it is ur interview performance dat gives u a job. if i take dis cv and during interview am nt composed, confident and cant communicate well or can't defend things i stated in d cv will i gt d job

14 Likes

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by adeememman(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
ednut1:
there is nothing like a job winning CV, it is ur interview performance dat gives u a job. if i take dis cv and during interview am nt composed, confident and cant communicate well or can't defend things i stated in d cv will i gt d job

but the CV will earn you an audience. No matter the knowledge and skills, its your CV and other documents that will make you to be interviewed. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by emekamn(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
adeememman:

but the CV will earn you an audience. No matter the knowledge and skills, its your CV and other documents that will make you to be interviewed. I stand to be corrected though.
in other news it doesn't win you a job...

3 Likes

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by Prinzofparis: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
adeememman:

Lol, I just had to chip this in.
Nice CV.

My first interview with Heritage Bank during my NYSC, I tool a well structured one paged CV to the interview and the question the HR guy asked was 'after 4 years in the University and months in NYSC, this is all you have got to offer?'...I did well in the other aspects of the interview but surely messed up from the start cos of my one paged CV and in the end I didn't get the job.

In summary, no job seeker, be it a recent graduate or experienced professional is competing with his/her likes only. As a fresh graduate with little or no experience, you will be competing with experienced persons also.

Many people keep screaming one page CV this and that,...its not the best as the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.

In my opinion, a 2 or 3 page standard CV is very much the way forward- Unique and specific. A CV that on first opening of the file, the HR person picks interest because the CV is different, its 'selling' and the HR person MUST wish in his/her heart that he/she can have such a CV.

My advice is a 2 or 3 page CV, with the most sellable aspect of your qualifications coming first, well structured and direct. If you have a graduate job you are applying for and requirement is a chem eng 2'1...put that at the top after your values/executive summary, followed by experience....this will catch the interest of the HR person or software. Then you can add other stuffs like work experience, worshops attended, trainings, professional affiliations, personal data, etc...CV shouldn't be too jampacked,...hence the need for 2 or 3 pages, to create good spacing.

If its an experienced job...put the most relevant experiences after executive summary at the top....followed by others.

A one page CV will be too jampacked if you really want to sell yourself.....expecially if the company is using that crazy software that filters CV based on keywords. I'd suggest a 2 or 3 page CV where page 1 sells the most marketable qualifications and skills.

Nice job.

14 Likes

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by crowntoro(f): 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
ednut1:
On-point
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by Prinzofparis: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
ednut1:
Baffles me my brother. I just laugh when I see things like this.

If you have been in charge of a recruitment, you will understand that HR persons don't even look at CV's beyond 20-30 seconds at first....If you don't catch their interest within this time, they move to the next. Your CV should be unique and not generic like all these stuffs online.
Most marketable Qualification or skill must be top to catch the HR's glance.

In truth CV doesn't get you an interview!!!!!....your qualification, skills and achievements does.....how you place these in your CV is then left to you.

If you like structure your CV to half page...if you don't have what they need, nobody will call you...except through backdoor sha.

My first 2 jobs, I didn't submit a 'CV persay' till I resumed work. Just fill in your qualifications, if you meet requirements, your write tests and attend CBI, if you meet requirements, you do medicals and resume.
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by toygod2: 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
ok
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by club340: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
ednut1:

Thanks for your views Ednut. Like the introductory paragraph above said, this thread is targeted at persons who have need for one-page CVs (probably because the firm/university they are applying to have specified this or simply for preference and to be on the "safer side" ) but are having trouble putting their information in the best possible light within this limit.

That said, like most people on this thread probably know already, the adjective "job-winning CV" is used figuratively to purport that so long as every other criteria in the application process is moderately met, this CV format can certainly be a winner in differentiating the applicant from other candidates. We certainly don't guarantee that our clients will clinch jobs by just dropping their CVs with HR and not "fine-tunning" their end. The CV is a critical part of the process, it is "the all-too important starter", and as such we try to create a good first impression for our clients.

In the same way you cannot blame Nokia (read: Motto "connecting people" ) if you are unable to "connect" with someone because you failed to charge your phone, you shouldn't expect to win a job with a good CV if you don't do your homework well undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by xdream(m): 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
What happened to the personal data aspect?
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
Y'all should try!!!

For car owners u can check my signature
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by LKO(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
fine CV. I would adopt this. Thanks OP.
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
the first class honors is already a winner
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by Kelklein(m): 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
nice CV ..but I'm sure most employers will want to know how old you are..

2 Likes

Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by DarkFive: 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Not standard enough, as it lacks achievements
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by club340: 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
Kelklein:
nice CV ..but I'm sure most employers will want to know how old you are..

Thanks for your opinion. Actually most (reputable) employers would have already had you fill out an online application form requesting for your personal details including date of birth. Infact some MNCs discourage candidates from putting this on their CV because in the event that such candidates are rejected, they could turn tables and sue the firm for discrimination on the grounds of age. Same applies to sex, religion or race. It's not ideal (or safe) to put these on your CVs especially when applying to MNCs (like most of us do). Of course, their are some cases (such as when applying to indigenous Nigerian firms) in the local context where including such could be in your favour.

Ultimately, it's best to for candidates to use their discretion in deciding what should be included on their CVs and when.
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by club340: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
DarkFive:
Not standard enough, as it lacks achievements

Thanks for your comment. The template is designed for fresh graduates with little or no career experience, so the achievements/skills that are emphasized here are mainly leadership and academic. Career achievements become more obvious/necessary on our experienced professionals' template.
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by omobenluv(f): 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by koksybrown: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
club340:

Thanks for your comment. The template is designed for fresh graduates with little or no career experience, so the achievements/skills that are emphasized here are mainly leadership and academic. Career achievements become more obvious/necessary on our experienced professionals' template.
So why is Club340 running on a wordpress subdomain? What happened to the N2,000 domain names on namecheap or the N240 .com domain on godaddy? Take ur business seriously so that others will do same. cool
Re: Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like by VeeBabs(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Why do people keep forgetting that a CV/Resume is NOT meant to get you a job? It is meant only to get you an interview, and then it's work is done.

The task of "getting the job" is what you will try to do at the interview. And you better get ready for the heat!

If you start thinking of it this way, your CV/Resume should begin to make more sense. Hopefully.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunvait Network Limited Latest Job Recruitment (15 Positions) / Nigeria Customs List Of Successful Canadidate 2019 Update 16th May,2019 / How Long Did/Have Your Job Hunting Lasted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.