Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) (27541 Views)

OAU DSA Suspends All Religious Activities In Halls Of Residence (PICS) / OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why / Terrible Insect Causes Havoc In Unibadan, All Hall Of Residence[PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Maghan37: 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
I believe d hostel I am seeing is between Blk1 & blk2 or blk2& Blk3 . I belief d problem does not just boils down 2 management Iinfact 80% of fault comes 4rm d students reckless attitudes a prove of dis is d state of d toilets of d blocks & I belief other tertiary institutions have d same problem as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by isaajibola(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
That's the difference between University of Ibadan 'UI' and other universities in Nigeria. UI hostels are old and are still very maintained. Though, they have some bad sides too but UI hostels are far better than any hostel of government owned universities in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
Karlovich:
Only in the South West
its a pity DAT ur here
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
professorbea:
[/color] OP, but are those building in deteriorating state?. Those buildings are dated back to many years ago. Their is nothing wrong with it. only that the environment is bushy...... OAU OnlyAvailableUniversity..

Its because of people like u that nigeria is like dis

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by adaweezy(m): 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
richybanky:

I remember in my year 2, we ar 15 in a room at block 1 Rm308 Awo Hall.. 6 legal occupants and 9 scouters grin grin
Others room wer like dat too, no room in Awo Hall dat u won't see more dan 5 scouters, even Awo Annex sef dere is[b] scouters[/b] smiley
OAU Graduate it is squatters not scouters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by isaajibola(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Eureka123:

The old age of a building isn't an excuse for leaving it in such condition. There are old buildings in my school too that are highly maintained and restructured as the years go by. It's all about maintenance, as you said.
That's it o... Their management can go and learn from UI management. We all know that UI is the oldest university in Nigeria. Can we all compared the serene environment of UI with most of the universities in the country. Most of the roads in the school are tarred road. UI is far better than most school in this country in terms of many thing but we like celebrating mediocrity in Nigeria. You will see some students that will come to Nairaland and be chanting the name of their school. Although, UI have the other side too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Iamvictor(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
Oba Awon University (OAU)

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by DrKlever(m): 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
i'm mad at the OP. why would he snap fajuyi hall when awolowo hall is there. you almost made me leave town to snap awo hall and upload here because that hostel is an eyesore. peak of dirtyness and mismanagement. the toilets are intolerable, i have never a place as dirty as oau halls of residents. the students are not even helping matters, they behave like animals. i think the school should provide more hostels to reduce the incidence of squatters being more than legal occupants in a room(poultry). i'm a displeased oau student.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by skondo09(m): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
Karlovich:
Only in the South West
I just spotted a real dumb ass
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Its because of people like u that nigeria is like dis

like me honestly. that hostel is old as the school itself. you can check out some of the recent hostels built like Angola hostel.
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
Eureka123:

Are you for real?? @bolded

sure naw.... The building architectural design is okay. thou, the paintings has fade.
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2015
professorbea:

like me honestly. that hostel is old as the school itself. you can check out some of the recent hostels built like Angola hostel.

Have u ever heard about the word Maintenance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by breakeven: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
Is there any federal university whose hostel is descent? I guess its a Nigerian thing undecided
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
I smh when ppl compare this school with U.I..
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by 1stdammy: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ramon92:
And the management is busy building one gigantic state of the art new Senate building...

If we don't take laws into our hands sometimes and ready to make sacrifices, those nonentities in power will continue to take us for a ride..
Hmmm, U too dey dat film? A new ship-like Senate building.......
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
prettytasha:
is this a hostel? Nigerians av poor maintenance culture this looks like a building from WW2

Have you seen buildings from WW2? Hehehehe cheesy
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
chuna1985:

Have u ever heard about the word Maintenance

laughing in Cantonese *guyouyiresotuotrg*

at all.
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by prettytasha(f): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2015
Zohan:

Have you seen buildings from WW2? Hehehehe cheesy
yes
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Ayus34(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Eureka123:

The old age of a building isn't an excuse for leaving it in such condition. There are old buildings in my school too that are highly maintained and restructured as the years go by. It's all about maintenance, as you said.
Try to get me right.....I'm not saying the building is old as a reason for the neglect, oau is a first generation university and still has d most beautiful campus edifice in Nigeria.... But the maintenance culture of our leaders is number one,they re only good at stealing which is not corruption by them!
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Tycoach: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Na wa oooo
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by skytreader(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
professorbea:
[/color] OP, but are those building in deteriorating state?. Those buildings are dated back to many years ago. Their is nothing wrong with it. only that the environment is bushy...... OAU OnlyAvailableUniversity..

Dude, call a spade a spade. Those buildings are in bad shape. Yes, they are old, but deteriorating as well. There are bathrooms in Faj that have concrete deckings with cracks so deep, water seeps from the floor above! I'm not going to play the blame game here by trying to point out those who are supposed to be responsible for maintenance and renovation, but when I read your "dated back to many years ago but not deteriorating" comment, I just went "pfft..."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by richybanky(m): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
adaweezy:

OAU Graduate it is squatters not scouters
Noted, thanks
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by DedeNkem: 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
Someone is busy looting maintenance money.
Nigerians can't maintain anything, except corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by azzima(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
breakeven:
Is there any federal university whose hostel is descent? I guess its a Nigerian thing undecided
Have we heard of Student - led maintenance? ??when you have at least 8 students in a room including squarters but this massive number of students can't mobilize themselves to clean up that mess?I can't even spend an hour in that mess unless I clean it myself. And these are the future of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by richybanky(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
Lifebender:

The reason i dislike awo,Scouters are much more than the legal occupants grin
Am telling u Bro, though am not going to blame those guys cus am one of dem grin grin I squatted tru out my undergraduate program..
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
Here is the problem.

The issue is that if you want posh hostels......we have to either pay high school fees or we have to privatize the hostels.

Hostels in your average UK Uni are posh and nice. UK students pay 6000 pounds, foreigners pay 12000 pounds ......and the hostels stay nice.

Are Nigerians prepared to pay.?

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by bodee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
I think much of the blames lie on the occupants of those rooms. Those occupants are simply uncultured, simply dirty and simply lack maintenance culture. There are numerous rooms in the male hostels that are well arranged and neat so let's not commit the fallacy of hasty generalization.
I can bet it with my life, on the average, the rooms within the female hostels can be said to be neater, well and beautifully arranged and well spiced up than the bedrooms of most of the ranters we have in here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by tpiander: 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
Probably the op is fynestboi who opened a similar thread recently, moved it to front page and then made it a sticky.

Otherwise I don't see what is being complained about here, snapping pictures do not show what a place is really like, its a matter of when you time your snaps. Why not take another picture which doesn't try to show the hall in a negative light.

Joblessness and nairaland iregbe sha.

Too many gutter sniffers here.

No wonder dem dey take makeup deceive una every time.
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by tpiander: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
@ topic

The hostels are very neat and well structured.

What is the complaint?
Re: Bad State Of OAU Halls Of Residence (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
professorbea:

laughing in Cantonese *guyouyiresotuotrg*

at all.

Exactly. That's whybi said nigeria is like dis because of people like u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel / Seplat Joint Venture 2020/2021 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing / ASUU Strike: NANS Blasts Lecturers After Agreement With FG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.