Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners (16862 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Chris Ngige For His Recent Comments About Igbos / How Awolowo Was Jailed By Yorubas And Northerners / EXPLOSIVE: The Anti Igbo And SS Plot By Yoruba And Northerners Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by DMerciful(m): 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
Thanks.
whirlwind7:
@ nameo, overdrive, Vicotex, DMerciful, dossylvanus

You got mail.
That's it. I'm not sending any more mails today. Perhaps I will feel up to it some other time. Happy reading, y'all.

Most of these cyber warriors and keyboard "geniuses" have no real idea what they are talking about.

The thing is, The British were running the country then. They are the ones who employed personnel to man various positions in the civil service across Nigeria.
Most northerners were illiterates. They cannot handle such jobs that require one to read or write anything. The British had no choice but to invite educated southerners to come up north, and have them appointed into those posts. That's where the envy and hatred arose. Northerners then felt that people from the south are taking over the jobs meant for them! Igbos in particular are adventurous and enterprising. Coupled with their love for education, northerners don't stand a fleeting chance on any level playing ground.

A comparison can be made with the xenophobia shown by South Africans against people from neighboring countries that took up businesses that most South Africans were reluctant or unable to perform. Next, they felt that the way forward is to kill or chase them out of their country. If you didn't support that horrible move by South Africans, then you need your head examined for supporting Ahmadu Bello and his Northernization Policy.

That Ahmadu Bello preferred to outsource those jobs to expatriates when there are suitably qualified southerners to man the positions shows how intimidated and bitter the north is. Since when has it become a crime to rise through the ranks and become the top dog in an organization, by virtue of hard work and excellence? That anyone on this forum will see nothing wrong with his position, simply shows the sort of half baked and backward thinking generation this country is churning out.

Even till this day, have the north fared better for it? The policy simply reduced them to mere half wits. There was no real desire to improve themselves, since the policy got rid of competition for jobs where the best is selected. That's why till this day, southerners are required to score 200+ while northerners just need to score 2 marks to gain admission into the SAME school.

Now, isn't that a pity?
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by tobtap: 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
patrick89:

I have treated this awolowo blablabla! Awolowo was a double faced coward, that went to sarduna to promise prime minister, and came to. Azikwe and promised the same prime minister, Sarduna called Zik to inform him what awolowo is bringing to the table, Zik was dumbfounded, he told sarduna that the same awolowo n sent some people to him, for the same position!! They (sarduna and zik) now saw that awolowo was not trust worthy. that's was the situation! stop lying....
any prove?.... undecided
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by BrainBox001: 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:

Saw it. If it's about the book I mentioned. Just drop your email address, and i'll send it immediately
Pls send to my box
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by Gracebegatme: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
whirlwind7:
Huh. We all know that the only tribe who is afraid of competition in whatever level, are the people from the north.
This video doesn't even say much. Get a better perspective of how their mind work, and how they have this unhealthy phobia for progressive and hardworking southerners from the book "The Biafra Story" by Frederick Forsythe.
I mean, when you understand them, you won't be surprised that despite being in power longer than any region of the country, the north remains the most backwards, poorest and most underdeveloped appendage of this contraption called Nigeria.
I can mail the eBook to anyone who wants to read it.
Please i need a copy.matnelson2013@gmail.com
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by vivalavida(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
read that book all night and just finished it after church now.

we don't have a country. simple
I am a biafran
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by cheruv: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Now did you know ahmadu bello regarded kaduna nzegwu as a son? Nzegwu used his own hands to kill that man an his wife
Just like Tanchuma Teofilus used his own hands to kill Ironsi cheesy
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by TruthisGOD: 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
whirlwind7:
Huh. We all know that the only tribe who is afraid of competition in whatever level, are the people from the north.
This video doesn't even say much. Get a better perspective of how their mind work, and how they have this unhealthy phobia for progressive and hardworking southerners from the book "The Biafra Story" by Frederick Forsythe.
I mean, when you understand them, you won't be surprised that despite being in power longer than any region of the country, the north remains the most backwards, poorest and most underdeveloped appendage of this contraption called Nigeria.
pls mail the book to email
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by TruthisGOD: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You got him wrong. Ahmad bello premier northern region not prime minister of Nigeria. He had the opportunity of being the prime minister but he refused and chose to be premier of the north instead. If he wanted to northernise Nigeria he would have accepted the prime minister position and do just that, but he stayed as premier of the north so as to develop the north. He was killed before he realised that dream.
Ahmadu Belo never believe or accepted One Nigeria. It was only forced on him by the British after the revealed the prospect it holds for his region. That explains why he was a bigot
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
whirlwind7:

You got mail
THANKS
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by ArodewilliamsT: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
These are thile kind of people animals like omenka call 'national leaders'. If the internet hadn't existed no one would have known this about the gworo bigot.

Tommorow one idi.ot will ask my daughter to sing the zoogerian national anthem and shout 'our heroes call obey". Which hero abeg? This one?
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by ArodewilliamsT: 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
@whirlwind7 can you get the e-version of the book- Biafra: Britain's shame by Auberon waugh

Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
@whirlwind7 can you get the e-version of the book- Biafra: Britain's shame by Auberon waugh

Sorry, bro. I don't have it. I will keep on searching for it, though.
But from the title of this book you asked for, if you have read Mr Forsyth's book, you will get to understand what is being referred to as Britain's Shame.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by whirlwind7(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Gracebegatme:
Please i need a copy.matnelson.com
You got mail
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
meccuno:
I read carefully the thread on appointments. Made by buhari and I was shocked to my marrows what actually came out of the hearts of so called Nigerians especially the APC and die hard buhari fans. And the same thing is happening today on this thread. What my conclusions are is the Nigeria would never succeed with this our mind set. I don't know if the average black man has been cursed or we decided to be a curse to our selves. Many ignorant people who blindly and foo.lishly support the sarduanas assertion about the igbos in the so called northern civil service do not know that the federal character was created as a result to checkmate the dominance of the then civil service which was dominated by the igbos. The truth is that the people who employed were the british who felt that they were qualified. The south especially in the mould of nnamdi azikiwe was sympathetic to their cause of not being ready for independence because they were not ready for it and that if allowed,the south would always dominate. Fast forward to 2015, the same North who refused to go to school has the same problem of very few and less educated people compared to the south. So whose fault is that? A situation where a student from zamfara has to score just 2 to gain admission while someone from imo or anambra has to score almost 200 speaks volumes....and someone has the guts to support what the sarduana said? The reason why Nigeria is messed up is because the North has been rulling this country for more than 40 years. If as leaders, things as ridiculous as polio is still prevalent in your region, then you have no business being in the helm of affairs..........Nigeria will never succeed with injustice,tribalism,religious intolerance............quote me.....Buhari as a president is doing exactly what sarduana would have done. And that is Northern Dominance.........or you thought the NE voting consistently for the times buhari contested was for the progress of this nation? What reasonable decision do you think an almajari who isn't an adult but voted or shoe makers and cattle reares know about an economy? Am sorry for this country

Buhari is Sarduna's disciple

That's why we Igbos should ignore him. cool
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
huangcheng:
How has the Northern Agenda helped the North? Common polio that has long been eradicated from war torn Palestine was only eradicated from the North last year.

At least they have eradicated it; while others are yet to even begin eradicating their own diseases: Cannibalism, Armed Robbery, Drug & Human Trafficking, Ritualism, Osu Culture, Prostitution etc.

@ TOPIC:
The Sardauna couldn't be far from the truth.

In those days of confederation, we had regions acting almost like independent countries within the federation; with their own flags, foreign policy etc; in healthy competition against one another.

The Sardauna was one of the champions of his own region, like his contemporaries; Akintola, Okpara and Osadebay; he was duty bound to lead and to protect his own ppl from outsiders (even if they were to be from within the same country).

Anybody who knows Igbos, knows that wherever they go and settle in significant numbers they soon grow into becoming nuisances to their hosts; just take a look at them in Europe, Asia, America, not to talk of South Africa - where xenophobia was probably reinvented just because of them - in short they quickly make you hate them, its their talent or rather curse.

It does not need a rocket scientist to figure out why the Sardauna was therefore very particular about them; it may also explain why they killed him and why they are still paying for his blood along with those of other unarmed innocent northern leaders they selectively killed in January 1966.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by Gracebegatme: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
whirlwind7:

You got mail
It was a typo error,this is the correct one:matnelson2013@gmail.com.thanks
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by faste: 9:05am On Jul 30, 2022
whirlwind7:
send me one.
Re: See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners by drunkpunk(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2023
whirlwind7:

Please I do. chykesben@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo, APC Governors Storm Benin For Governorship Flag Off / Peter Obi Meets With EU, WEF Delegations On 2019 Election / 2 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents Enrol In National Open University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.