Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

How The South Betrayed Her Own - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The South Betrayed Her Own (2967 Views)

Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Restructuring: Senate Betrayed The APC - Atiku / How I Was Betrayed At Pdp’s National Convention In Port Harcourt —sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by carnegiefan: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
Yoruba betrayed the South... again. End of discussion.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by carnegiefan: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
It is this pattern of betrayal by groups in the South that makes Nigeria an unviable country. The North are Islamic supremacists and do not believe in compromise. Whenever a Southerner is the president, the North makes so much trouble that they get more positions than even the South. But whenever a Northerner is the president, he uses groups in the South against themselves.
It is an unending vicious cycle, only a lunatic would wish to continue in it.
This is why we must continue pushing until we get Biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Ngokafor(f): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
carnegiefan:
It is this pattern of betrayal by groups in the South that makes Nigeria an unviable country. The North are Islamic supremacists and do not believe in compromise. Whenever a Southerner is the president, the North makes so much trouble that they get more positions than even the South. But whenever a Northerner is the president, he uses groups in the South against themselves.

..I agree with you...The South and I-too-know mentality in politics will just hever learn.
..They stvpidly joined the clannish and greedy northerners to shout about Jonathan and corruption whle the deceptive northerners continually and would alway sheild their own.
..Now that the chicken has come home to roost for traitors like Amaechi,some silly folks from the South expects Amechi and Fashola who betrayed their own for North to be protected..story!!!

..I do not care one bit if Amaechi,Fashola and co gets anything from this government cos we are all having fun mocking the hell out of them..

...Buhari should please add more strenght to his bigotry and bias cos it vindicates 5% people like me daily.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by chigoizie7(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
Oyind17:

Amen!!!!! oya come chop

But,me, I don't want to be dragging the b00bs with those twins ooh.

U know that u will be d one to feed me
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
Since I have been on nairaland and read most political posts, I can only help but laugh at how all of a sudden we have become so caring about our own.

I am not writing to defend anybody or in defense of any party but to expose our betrayal in the south......

GEJ failed not because he was a southern but because he failed the nation at large. He allowed corruption to thrive thoroughly, at times he appeared clueless sometimes he appeared intelligent but all put together showed he lacked the quality of true leadership.

There had been lot's of out cry about lopesided appointment of the Buhari led government, the question is who do we really blame for our woes?? Is it the north or the stupidity of the south??
Being honest the south in its stupidity and hatred towards her own schemed her own out of the political calculations,

First the senate president would have been from the SE if only they had not allowed their hatred for APC to override their sense of judgement.

2nd because Fashola and Amechi were being considered for different offices of high ranking what did the south do to her own?? We rubbished their personality all because we want to paint them as black horses, few questions I will want to raise; was Amechi more ccorrupt than Uduaghan of delta state?? Is Fashola more corrupt than Tinubu?? But fashola's iimage has been tarnished and may nt be consider for any appointment in Buhari's admin.

I will still bring to our remembrance when buhari appointed an Ijaw to head the amnesty program a group in ND raised up to complain about the appointment of an ijaw man,

Finally i raised this issues for the South to stop shouting marginalization no body is mmarginalizing us we marginalize ourselves by hating on our own......

Long live the SS
Long live southern Nigeria
Long live the federal republic of Nigeria
Sai Buhari......

Let the whole leaders of the south unite for the southern agenda
wetin dis one dey say?
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by saint047(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
The APC is now being haunted by the saying, “When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back at you.” If it knew, it wouldn’t have accused Goodluck Jonathan of running a very corrupt government. Most times, we forget to listen to the voice of reason that says, “Look in the mirror, brother. You might just be talking about yourself.” It is now clear that the APC focused on the speck in Jonathan’s eye and ignored the log in their own eyes.” Who would have thought that just few weeks into a new regime in Lagos State, Fashola would be engulfed with the following accusations – Drilling of just two bore holes with N139m, remodelling and equipping of the official residence of the state’s Chief Judge at N510m, reconstructing of a car park with N640m, spending N300m to relocate cables, N175m to replace the railings of a pedestrian bridge, N220m on the facility management of the Lagos State University College of Medicine, N619m on surface repair of a road, N1.2bn on the construction of an unidentified multi-storey building, N1.6bn on the construction of a 48-bedroom hotel. These things don’t seem like what a person as intelligent as the former governor would do; especially for those of us who regard him as one of the very few bright spots of our democracy. In fact, I am still of the belief that in the annals of corrupt governors in Nigeria, his place remains to be seen. But the question here is, can the Lagos State government come out with such weighty accusations without having evidence to back them up?.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
obailala:
I cant help but totally agree with the Op. The 2015 elections have come and gone and the nation should have moved forward but the south still fights everyday across the political lines of APC vs PDP.

Whenever PMB appoints a northerner, the northerners (pdp+apc) just unite and accept the individual. However, whenever PMB appoints or attempts to appoint a southerner, we see all sorts of opposition and 'pull-him-down' syndrome at work from fellow southerners across the PDP vs APC lines. Now even the few manageable men like Fashola have been rubbished and we wonder why Buhari's appointments are pointing in the direction that southerners are corrupt.
wike is probing amaechi which is justified, can u recalled what amaechi told wike?
He said thr is no money in rivers state treasury n he dont knw hw wike will pay salaries let alone build roads. So if u think its bad to probe a thief like buhari is probing gej then u guys can wail d more, i cant help.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by citizenY(m): 12:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Ohammadike:
Shut up there.The Apc members from the south east was frozen out of principal officers and you are here blabbing about SE hatred snd senate presidemcy. As for fashola and rotimi they are both dirty shameless theives that should be jailed snd keys thrown to river niget

Please keep the keys in your pocket to ensure that no fisherman gets them.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 12:58am On Aug 30, 2015
chigoizie7:

Shut up there u f00L. The question u should have asked is

If Fashola, Tinubu, Amechi,ROChas,NGIGE had not betrayed there own, would buhari had been d president?

Is GEJ more corrupt than OBJ,IBB,Abdulsalami Abubakar,ATIKU and even Tinubu himself (the father of APC)?

Those are the question you should have asked if u are truly talking about betrayal.

The people of the south only showed Amaechi and fashola what betrayal is really all about, they should both go to HELL and burn to ashes including u OP.
you are a very big fool I am from Niger Delta but GEJ was a big failure, imagine being a President for six years he can't even bring portable water to his own community, that dumbas polarized ND if you are not from their don't speak any further, go to delta state and confirm things for yourself even the VC of a school was schemed to the ijaw, how about the EPZ saga? If not for the treat from the olu of Warri he would have located it in an ijaw village just knw that GEJ was a big failure and a big mistake the South South presented him........very few ethnic group apart from the ijaw of the ND enjoyed his admin.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:02am On Aug 30, 2015
Duru1:

The only renowned betrayal artists and inherent backstabbers in southern Nigeria are the Yoruba, period. Unless you are ridiculously apathetic to the historical facts about the zoo called Nigeria, you should have avoided the above statement. In addition, it is safe to say that you are a political neophyte. Who is a more corruptible subject in the zoo than Daura Dumbass called Muhammdu Buhari whose admission into Nigerian army was painted with nepotistic endeavors by Nigerian government led Tafawa Balewa?

Ndiigbo shall never indulge in any form of political corporation with Yoruba in order to form any crap called southern Nigeria.
first was GEJ an Igbo?? Do you know how much youths from the ijaw villages shared during that dumbas tenure?? I speak with real fact GEJ made himself President of the ijaws, since Buhari won how many times have you seen an Asari from the north speaking rubbish??

Note my point, if the south can't corporate then no need to cry over the lopsided appointment, if we keep destroying the image of our own,
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:06am On Aug 30, 2015
chuna1985:

Lemme point out just one thing..... There's was no plan to make an igbo man Senate president.
so why cry over the Buhari appointment?? If for real all your people make themselves untrustworthy do you blame buhari for that??

I am not trying to justify Buhari's appointment but trying to point out our own error , if Ambode a northern?? How about Wike?? I bet you if someone like Amechi or Fashola was appointment into any of these recent appointment the south would have been roaring now, now he left us out we still complain,
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:12am On Aug 30, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

wike is probing amaechi which is justified, can u recalled what amaechi told wike?
He said thr is no money in rivers state treasury n he dont knw hw wike will pay salaries let alone build roads. So if u think its bad to probe a thief like buhari is probing gej then u guys can wail d more, i cant help.
see am not saying it is wrong to probe Amechi if he is corrupt, but having destroyed all close ally of the President we should expect no appointment simple, I don't think Amechi is or was more corrupt than Aliyu of Niger, how about Uduaghan of delta state, let's be honest Fashola might have stolen or corrupt but he was one of the few ally of PMB from the south that performed now he has been painted as one of the most corrupt and might not get any appointment who do we blame??
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by chigoizie7(m): 1:12am On Aug 30, 2015
Gr8amechi:
you are a very big fool I am from Niger Delta but GEJ was a big failure, imagine being a President for six years he can't even bring portable water to his own community, that dumbas polarized ND if you are not from their don't speak any further, go to delta state and confirm things for yourself even the VC of a school was schemed to the ijaw, how about the EPZ saga? If not for the treat from the olu of Warri he would have located it in an ijaw village just knw that GEJ was a big failure and a big mistake the South South presented him........very few ethnic group apart from the ijaw of the ND enjoyed his admin.

Wats now ur point about. Betrayal?

The same way GEJ messed up is the same way Amaechi and co messed up,

Gej was booted out because he messed up big time

Amechi and co were booted out because they also messed up big time,

So, what is ur moral justification of being betrayed or being messed their people up?

If u can't justify GEJ as regard to Amaechi and co, den u ve no right or reasons to talk about betrayal here, that's my point

Btw, u re still an unrepentant f00L.

Good nite,

#qoutemeanddieASAP
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:19am On Aug 30, 2015
carnegiefan:
you have some great point but check obj cabinet and compare it with PGJ, note you can't compare the govt of PDP to that of apc, PDP had a nationwide grassroot hence making appointment more distributed, politics is all about interest and alliance GEJ was a politian if you ask me because he schemed the SW out of things no region will tolerate that, and finally GEJ committed a political suicide by having issues with OBJ
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Gr8amechi: 1:21am On Aug 30, 2015
chigoizie7:

Wats now ur point about. Betrayal?

The same way GEJ messed up is the same way Amaechi and co messed up,

Gej was booted out because he messed up big time

Amechi and co were booted out because they also messed up big time,

So, what is ur moral justification of being betrayed or being messed their people up?

If u can't justify GEJ as regard to Amaechi and co, den u ve no right or reasons to talk about betrayal here, that's my point

Btw, u re still an unrepentant f00L.

Good nite,

#qoutemeanddieASAP
so stop wailing about lopsided appointment, your foolish skull can't comprehend
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:24am On Aug 30, 2015
Gr8amechi:
Since I have been on nairaland and read most political posts, I can only help but laugh at how all of a sudden we have become so caring about our own.

I am not writing to defend anybody or in defense of any party but to expose our betrayal in the south......

GEJ failed not because he was a southern but because he failed the nation at large. He allowed corruption to thrive thoroughly, at times he appeared clueless sometimes he appeared intelligent but all put together showed he lacked the quality of true leadership.

There had been lot's of out cry about lopesided appointment of the Buhari led government, the question is who do we really blame for our woes?? Is it the north or the stupidity of the south??
Being honest the south in its stupidity and hatred towards her own schemed her own out of the political calculations,

First the senate president would have been from the SE if only they had not allowed their hatred for APC to override their sense of judgement.

2nd because Fashola and Amechi were being considered for different offices of high ranking what did the south do to her own?? We rubbished their personality all because we want to paint them as black horses, few questions I will want to raise; was Amechi more ccorrupt than Uduaghan of delta state?? Is Fashola more corrupt than Tinubu?? But fashola's iimage has been tarnished and may nt be consider for any appointment in Buhari's admin.

I will still bring to our remembrance when buhari appointed an Ijaw to head the amnesty program a group in ND raised up to complain about the appointment of an ijaw man,

Finally i raised this issues for the South to stop shouting marginalization no body is mmarginalizing us we marginalize ourselves by hating on our own......

Long live the SS
Long live southern Nigeria
Long live the federal republic of Nigeria
Sai Buhari......

Let the whole leaders of the south unite for the southern agenda

This is nothing but empty assault.

Who are you calling Southerners, I hope Yoruba is not included....
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Gr8amechi:
so why cry over the Buhari appointment?? If for real all your people make themselves untrustworthy do you blame buhari for that??

I am not trying to justify Buhari's appointment but trying to point out our own error , if Ambode a northern?? How about Wike?? I bet you if someone like Amechi or Fashola was appointment into any of these recent appointment the south would have been roaring now, now he left us out we still complain,

As I said, sit back n read other people's threads boy.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by Ogunleti01: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2015
I just hope these disillusioned,hopeless,myopic and political bigots parading themselves as Ndigbos would put on their thinking caps and stop allowing prejudice,hatred and greed to becloud their sense of judgement. What good have you ppl offered this nation since independence rather all what you are good at is to be laying blames on the doorstep of other tribes for political mishaps and misfortunes. To be sincere with yourselves, you know that even an average SouthSouthner will never agree with any alliance with Igbo ppl becos the basis for you ranting that your God-forsaken Biafran Republic is to use their oil to your own selfish advantage. If an average Igbo man gives you a bottle of coke, be sure by d time you will be paying him back, it would be a bottle of champagne. Just stop this your senseless perception of the SouthSouth being part of your jungle republic.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:28am On Aug 30, 2015
Gr8amechi:
see am not saying it is wrong to probe Amechi if he is corrupt, but having destroyed all close ally of the President we should expect no appointment simple, I don't think Amechi is or was more corrupt than Aliyu of Niger, how about Uduaghan of delta state, let's be honest Fashola might have stolen or corrupt but he was one of the few ally of PMB from the south that performed now he has been painted as one of the most corrupt and might not get any appointment who do we blame??
do u knw this name dr ogbonnaya onu?
Was his image also tarnished by the southerners? Hw abt chris ngige?
Is he not also an ally to buhari?
Did he not campaign rigorously for buhari?
Was he also tarnished by d southerners?
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by bjdon: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2015
If Fashola and Amerchi are dirty then why in Gods name would anyone want them to have an appointment in Buhari's govt?

Let's be honest is there any petition or cloud against ANY of the Northerners Buhari has appointed so far? No

Is there any petition or cloud against the Igbo man appointed to run NNPC? No?

Are there petitions and clouds against Amechi and Fashola? Yes

Buhari will appoint southerners, he has not choice has the constiution mandates this(Every state must have a minister for example) but he won't appoint people just because they have a loud and vocal online support. BTW I am not a Buhari supporter, but on this issue of appointments I will defend him 200%. If we really want CHANGE, then we have to be ready to CHANGE the way we think and the way we do things. You can't have change without change.
Re: How The South Betrayed Her Own by bugzbunny: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Goodboiyy:
We never betrayed our own, wen u talk of south pls indicate, We have SS. , We have SE , We Have SW.

The Igbo and Yoruba should continue with there Stupid fight, you just gat to know 1 tin, we re different from Both tribe.

We lost the Election because of the stupid Fight b/w Igbo and Yoruba which the Northerners sees as an opportunity to Ride on us all, There is nothing like Southern Nigeria, I.e you re from SS, SE or SW, nothing Like SS/SW or SW/SE or SS/SE. .

God bless Nigeria
Don't talk lik u just woke up
There is no fight btw igbo and yoruba
The SW connived with their Northern masters to install hausa fulani.... Go check hw we voted.. Thank me later

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Government As Emperor Of The Country Of Western Nigeria Will Be Transparent / Jonathan Is Truly Wicked, Read What He Said Today / Restructuring- 6 New Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.