Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,295 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath (7119 Views)

Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David / D / Bishop David And Faith Oyedepo Laughing Heartily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by johnydon22(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
5minsmadness:
Its amazing how you atheists lap up stories from your white masters without questioning them. On one hand you laugh at the black man for not questioning the faith the white folk brought to Africa's shores, calling it made up, illogical and silly. On the other hand you still follow this same white man without question, rejoicing in the stupidity of his shallow thinking and biased reasoning.

Are you saying in the whole army of the isrealites there wasn't a single slinger? If the slingshot was so deadly as your white shallow atheist says, why didn't one of the so called skilled stingers simply approach Goliath and put an end to the fight? Why let an inexperienced little Shepherd boy who had little to no known experience using said sling for warfare in the first place?

Unless you are saying there were no slingers in the isrealites army(which cancels Ted's reasoning) then you have to admit that Goliath was so formidable even the slingers were afraid of him(thus also cancelling Ted's illogical reasoning).

You don't chose your opponents weapon in a war. So if a slinger came forth from the isrealites army would Goliath had turned tail and run cos he wasn't carrying a slingshot as well? Also if Goliath wanted "hand-to-hand" combat, he wouldn't have come with his shield and spear.
And don't dare mention his shield and spear being too heavy for him; if it was, why would he carry it to battle in the first place. Do you think he became the Philistine champion by measuring height and weight? No! He did it by becoming one of the most deadly, ferocious and unconquerable foes the enemy could face. So lying that Goliath was simply a clumsy oaf with acromegaly is a lie straight from the pit if he'll and illogical to boot.

I know you will be in a hurry to respond. Be patient. I'll be right back. Perhaps this will be a good time to think of sine logical excuses to cover your asses in believing this nonsense cooked up by an atheist nobody.
I like this

2 Likes

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by Osisie(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
5minsmadness:
Its amazing how you atheists lap up stories from your white masters without questioning them. On one hand you laugh at the black man for not questioning the faith the white folk brought to Africa's shores, calling it made up, illogical and silly. On the other hand you still follow this same white man without question, rejoicing in the stupidity of his shallow thinking and biased reasoning.

Are you saying in the whole army of the isrealites there wasn't a single slinger? If the slingshot was so deadly as your white shallow atheist says, why didn't one of the so called skilled stingers simply approach Goliath and put an end to the fight? Why let an inexperienced little Shepherd boy who had little to no known experience using said sling for warfare in the first place?

Unless you are saying there were no slingers in the isrealites army(which cancels Ted's reasoning) then you have to admit that Goliath was so formidable even the slingers were afraid of him(thus also cancelling Ted's illogical reasoning).

You don't chose your opponents weapon in a war. So if a slinger came forth from the isrealites army would Goliath had turned tail and run cos he wasn't carrying a slingshot as well? Also if Goliath wanted "hand-to-hand" combat, he wouldn't have come with his shield and spear.
And don't dare mention his shield and spear being too heavy for him; if it was, why would he carry it to battle in the first place. Do you think he became the Philistine champion by measuring height and weight? No! He did it by becoming one of the most deadly, ferocious and unconquerable foes the enemy could face. So lying that Goliath was simply a clumsy oaf with acromegaly is a lie straight from the pit if he'll and illogical to boot.

I know you will be in a hurry to respond. Be patient. I'll be right back. Perhaps this will be a good time to think of sine logical excuses to cover your asses in believing this nonsense cooked up by an atheist nobody.

Damn!
GOD Bless u real good, bro.
Wonderful reasoning. Me sef no even think go that side.
It's ok to be an apologist.

2 Likes

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by Osisie(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
johnydon22:
I like this

Ok, even Yemi Alade's Johny admits!

Good reasoning.
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by 5minsmadness: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Durinsday:
People missed asking Ted how a double-visioned, slow-moving, led-by-the-hand giant came to represent a tribe of warriors with their kingdom and lives at stake! How did that slowpoke Goliath even make it through war school and actual wars, to represent philistine? Nice try Ted. David may have been a great slinger and that showed that God uses the seemingly small to baffle the profound. God's hand is there

Don't mind them. Looking for whatever material they can to discredit the bible. Later they will say they don't have an agenda! Lemme charge my phone.

1 Like

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by llaykorn: 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
johnydon22:
I like this
First time in history! tongue
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by johnydon22(m): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Osisie:

Ok, even Yemi Alade's Johny admits!

Good reasoning.
llaykorn:

First time in history! tongue
Even llaykorn knows am not in any way bigoted.

This was a discussion where a plausible consensus can be reached not an argument. .

So you people should not see it as an argument..I recognize a plausible postulation anywhere i see..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by hahn(m): 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thoniameek:

I don't buy it, if you wanted to challenge religious Nigerians to think outside the box, why would you still use the same instrument that made their way of thinking primitive? And a book you certainly don't believe an ounce of anything written in, a book you call a lie, fairytale, and what have you

This your question answers itself undecided The bible does have a lot of truth and wisdom in them but i don't take it more seriously than I would "Rich dad, poor dad".

What happened to all those your sophisticated books on logic, human reasoning and philosophy? They do a great deal in helping you think out of the box

Well, most theist are too occupied with reading their "primitive" books. If they did read such books, we wouldn't be having this discussion grin

Religion might be one of many problems of Nigerians, it's certainly not on the top of the list.

That's arguable

Now, help us and start with work place mistreatment, especially from foreigners, then we can continue with a host of others

Starting with religious divisions, christians against muslims/christ embassy against deeper life, is not a bad start grin

To study and pray before exams are both important...... Just as praying alone does not guarantee success in exams, so does studying alone; at least not with the educational system of Nigeria (that's another problem you could helps us with)

Help in what way?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by Weah96: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
Zoharariel:

The bible is nothing more than a compilation of fables & lies by some overzealous nonentities under the influence of some [size=18pt]vatican marijuana[/size].

It was more than likely psychedelic mushrooms, not ganja. Israeli researchers are finally starting to notice the trend.

John Allegro, in his book “The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross: A Study of the Nature and Origins of Christianity within the Fertility Cults of the Ancient Near East”, postulated through the etymology of words and relates how the development of language indicated that the roots of the religions emanating from the Middle East were based on fertility cults, and shamanic practices such as Entheogens (or hallucinogenic) plants as a source of spiritual communion with the universal consciousness, or the mind of God..

http://www.shamanportal.org/article_details.php?id=252

1 Like

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
hahn:

As always, you christians are unable to differentiate between a discussion and an argument as you always subscribe to the latter.

Since when did you start having discussions with Christians ?An escape tactics or what ?

You say the bible is a myth , so we should start discussing "fairytales " like kids ?

Goliath is not 6 foot 9- that's my own contribution . It's just common sense .
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
5minsmadness:
Let's start with the quote below.

Are you saying in the whole army of the isrealites there wasn't a single slinger? If the slingshot was so deadly as your white shallow atheist says, why didn't one of the so called skilled slingers simply approach Goliath and put an end to the fight? Why let an inexperienced little Shepherd boy who had little to no known experience using said sling for warfare in the first place?

And don't dare mention his shield and spear being too heavy for him; if it was, why would he carry it to battle in the first place. Do you think he became the Philistine champion by measuring height and weight? No! He did it by becoming one of the most deadly, ferocious and unconquerable foes the enemy could face. So lying that Goliath was simply a clumsy oaf with acromegaly is a lie straight from the pit of he'll and illogical to boot.

I know you will be in a hurry to respond. Be patient. I'll be right back. Perhaps this will be a good time to think of some logical excuses to cover your asses in believing this nonsense cooked up by an atheist nobody.

Am back.

The above quote is further atheistic bullsh1t propounded in a desperate attempt to explain away David's good fortune. In arguments atheists say the bible is inaccurate. In other arguments they swear on the Bible's accuracy to prove a point.

"Am I dog that you would come against me with sticks" is an inconsequential phrase. As long as those sticks were on one of David's hands it wouldn't have mattered. A battle was about to take place. Also from your "intelligent but stupid" atheist Ted he already said David approached him from a distance. So it was most likely that David hadn't come close enough for Goliath or ANYBODY for that matter to see whether he was holding a stick or "sticks" in his hand.

Once again in an attempt to paint Goliath as Stvpid the op contradicts himself. Are you saying this was the first battle Goliath was fighting? Are you saying Goliath couldn't weird his own armour or weapons? How then did he become d people's champion? By measuring height?

Goliath was the people's champion! He was a celebrity! Of course he had cup bearers ans shield and spear carriers! He had an entourage just as any important person in those days would have. And once again it wouldn't have mattered if he was going into battle. It would be foolish of the Philistines to choose a champion that needed to be aided simply to get unto the battlefield.

Therefore what the op is trying to explain is total rubbish!

The god you don't believe in save you that my battery has run down. I for finish una today.

Damn ... you madly killed it . 10/10 ... nothing left to say

3 Likes

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by hahn(m): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Since when did you start having discussions with Christians ?An escape tactics or what ?

You say the bible is a myth , so we should start discussing "fairytales " like kids ?

Goliath is not 6 foot 9- that's my own contribution . It's just common sense .

Bubu, every concept is subject to discussion. That's all. When you believe in something and I ask you "why?" You're supposed to give me reasonable reasons for your belief and not assume I'm trying to lead you to "hell", which you're already heading for for belieing in Christ. You're headed for over 30,000 "hells" of every other religious beliefs. Does that even make sense?

What height was Goliath?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
hahn:

@bolded, that's what every other religion says. You're destined to burn in the hell fire of other religious ideologies

If you have some better offer say it
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
hahn:

@ bolded,

1 Samuel 17 verse: 41 Meanwhile, the Philistine, with his shield bearer in front of him, kept coming closer to David.

Religious concepts have always been subject to editing and improvement. You might be forced to come to terms with the fact that your victory can only come as a result of your level of preparedness and not "god".
shield/armor bearer don't assist in movement. they are more like ADC of today. Besides what is in that verse u quoted to suggest that Goliath was a weakly?
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Help me ask them o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by llaykorn: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
johnydon22:
Even llaykorn knows am not in any way bigoted.

I do, I do.
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by hahn(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
5minsmadness:

*standing ovation*

I love this. This is exactly the kind of discussion necessary to enable us all understand each other better.

Let's start with the quote below.

[b]Are you seriously going to bring up this "white folk" talk here when you are trying to defend the ideologies the same white folks taught you? What you are inferring here is quite ironic.

You have to understand this is not entirely about abolishing "white beliefs" but rather it's aimed at putting ALL ideologies be it cultural, religious, political etc, foreign or domestic, which we have been forced to swallow, under proper scrutiny thus separating the shaft from the seed. The same white people responsible for slavery also produced William Wilberforce who also contributed in ending it. The same white folks that forced us to accept their beliefs are the same people fighting against lots of their dogmas today. In America, a certain period in time, it was once against the law for women to vote but today women vote freely just as well as other issues such as segregation, homosexuality, death penalties, public lynchings, nudity etc which were once considered a taboo but today are norms and even recognized by the law.

Most of our knowledge, the type of governance we practice, our education, electricity, fashion etc are adopted from them but even they criticize their beliefs. We've always learnt from them and they are indeed decades ahead of us so I do believe that they are worthy of emulation.[/b]

Are you saying in the whole army of the isrealites there wasn't a single slinger? If the slingshot was so deadly as your white shallow atheist says, why didn't one of the so called skilled slingers simply approach Goliath and put an end to the fight? Why let an inexperienced little Shepherd boy who had little to no known experience using said sling for warfare in the first place?

And don't dare mention his shield and spear being too heavy for him; if it was, why would he carry it to battle in the first place. Do you think he became the Philistine champion by measuring height and weight? No! He did it by becoming one of the most deadly, ferocious and unconquerable foes the enemy could face. So lying that Goliath was simply a clumsy oaf with acromegaly is a lie straight from the pit of he'll and illogical to boot.

Israel came with an army and NO ONE could challenge Goliath for forty days till David showed up. If that isn't evidence that there was a lack of courage, skill or whatever was needed to defeat him, I wonder what was is? If you had questioned that detail when you read it in your bible we wouldn't be here. grin

Just as combat soldiers are different from snipers of today, slingers were in a category of their own. The fact that Goliath was a champion doesn't specifically mean he was also a champion with the sling.

I know you will be in a hurry to respond. Be patient. I'll be right back. Perhaps this will be a good time to think of some logical excuses to cover your asses in believing this nonsense cooked up by an atheist nobody.

Lol. Are you seriously referring to Ted and Malcolm as "nobodies"?

Am back.

The above quote is further atheistic bullsh1t propounded in a desperate attempt to explain away David's good fortune. In arguments atheists say the bible is inaccurate. In other arguments they swear on the Bible's accuracy to prove a point.

"Am I dog that you would come against me with sticks" is an inconsequential phrase.

But it wasn't inconsequential when you were thinking the story justifies your belief. Oh

As long as those sticks were on one of David's hands it wouldn't have mattered. A battle was about to take place. Also from your "intelligent but stupid" atheist Ted he already said David approached him from a distance. So it was most likely that David hadn't come close enough for Goliath or ANYBODY for that matter to see whether he was holding a stick or "sticks" in his hand.

Once again in an attempt to paint Goliath as Stvpid the op contradicts himself. Are you saying this was the first battle Goliath was fighting? Are you saying Goliath couldn't weird his own armour or weapons? How then did he become d people's champion? By measuring height?

Goliath was the people's champion! He was a celebrity! Of course he had cup bearers ans shield and spear carriers! He had an entourage just as any important person in those days would have. And once again it wouldn't have mattered if he was going into battle. It would be foolish of the Philistines to choose a champion that needed to be aided simply to get unto the battlefield.

Champions lose eventually. It happens

The Philistines made a mistake. It happens in war. They underestimated the Israelis and they got served by a Warri boy. (We no dey carry last) grin grin

Therefore what the op is trying to explain is total rubbish!

The god you don't believe in save you that my battery has run down. I for finish una today.

Why does it seem that you guys get all worked up and murderous whenever your belief is confronted or questioned? Oh, I get it, you're fighting for your space in heaven. I understand *big hugs*

1 Like

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by theunusualmoon(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
In that fight Achilles was not an underdog.I only sighted that example to show that it was a case of your best man against mine.So Goliath was not a slow poke.infact, I think that probably wasn't the first time he was representing his army.David can be said to be an underdog because he had no combat experience whatsoever.

hahn:

And what happened to the giant that faced Achilles? Would you say Achilles was an underdog in that fight?
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by hahn(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2015
theunusualmoon:
In that fight Achilles was not an underdog.I only sighted that example to show that it was a case of your best man against mine.So Goliath was not a slow poke.infact, I think that probably wasn't the first time he was representing his army.David can be said to be an underdog because he had no combat experience whatsoever.

He might not have been enlisted in the army but he had experience killing bears and lions on his own. It's a simple case of underestimation. Even his brothers couldn't confront Goliath despite their years of military training.

At the end of the day, David wasn't a total weakling as depicted by theists. He was expericed and well prepared
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by theunusualmoon(m): 9:14am On Aug 31, 2015
You have a point but david was not as brave as you make him look.He may have slaughtered bears and lions but those are animals with sheer strength and no wisdom.Goliath had strength and wisdom.He underestimated david and he(infact,no one) never knew david was that cunning.hitting him between the eyes was sheer class.Goliath had an helmet on.He must have felt: what! I am fully covered but david suprised them all.

hahn:

He might not have been enlisted in the army but he had experience killing bears and lions on his own. It's a simple case of underestimation. Even his brothers couldn't confront Goliath despite their years of military training.

At the end of the day, David wasn't a total weakling as depicted by theists. He was expericed and well prepared

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by onweson(m): 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
Your piece is interesting and articulated with the best of your prowess. However, the fact that you wittingly refused to link David's victory to name of the Lord, the God of Isreal, makes it disjointed and half-baked truth.[silas.ebenyi@firs.gov
Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by hahn(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
onweson:
Your piece is interesting and articulated with the best of your prowess. However, the fact that you wittingly refused to link David's victory to name of the Lord, the God of Isreal, makes it disjointed and half-baked truth.[silas.ebenyi@firs.gov

Since he is god of Israel and you are a Nigerian, I don't see why you are bothered grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:22am On Sep 01, 2015
hahn:

Bubu

This guy , yarn me .. how do you know me

every concept is subject to discussion. That's all.

Im not denying that .
When you believe in something and I ask you "why?" You're supposed to give me reasonable reasons for your belief and not assume I'm trying to lead you to "hell", which you're already heading for for belieing in Christ. You're headed for over 30,000 "hells" of every other religious beliefs. Does that even make sense?

Nonsense . There are close to 5,000 Religions in the world with very few most notably Christianity which believes in eternal damnation of the wicked - Hell .

What height was Goliath?

1 Samuel 17 :4

And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

From my little calculation its more than 9 feet - close to 1.5 times his supposed height .

1 Like

Re: The Unheard Story Of David And Goliath by Lex11(m): 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
There is only one Truth - "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

So, we shall all see... May God bless you!

TheDauraMallam:

Abeg go siddon somewhere.

You're going to hell in every other religious ideology.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Misusing & Abusing The "blood Of Jesus" / Is Wearing Of Trousers By Women A Sin? The Meaning Of Deut 22:5 / 5 Questions For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.