Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (56608 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Queenfiona(f): 10:00am On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
I can never use any Chinese phone, whether Tecno, Gionee or Infinix. If it's not Samsung, it must be apple.

U r only saying dis cos u cn afford dem.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by komeh1(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
I can never use any Chinese phone, whether Tecno, Gionee or Infinix. If it's not Samsung, it must be apple.

My guy, be it tecno, gionee or samsung, they're all produced from Asian countries ok.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by adanny01(m): 10:01am On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:

I dont want to judge you but you dont sound like those who never worked hard for money.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lekjons(m): 10:02am On Aug 30, 2015
eleko1:
grin grin cheesy grin embarassed lipsrsealed grin 10k. aNd be ready to spend more Dan dat to fix it if it have issue/the screen(glass)break. embarassed sad
that's their only problem, and one of the reasons i still prefer tecno, its screen, calibration pads, are now available at local stores and not costly
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by komeh1(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
-All this Gionee--Tecno----infinix they are still Chinko products you know...
Maybe am wrong...

Have used this Tecno A+ b4 around early last year--
The thing got spoilt just 1month later*

Can't go for all this products again... Will stick to Samsung/Blackberry Products... For now..

#S4

Oga s4 owner we don see you. Your so called almighty samsung is from Korea (an Asian country too) and even blackberry is now expanding to India. Browse about the origin of your phone before talking ok.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

dumb asss otg ko ota grin
Dumbass, stupidity can only take there but never to the end.
Whether u buy Tecno or not, their market is moving, they are selling and people are buying. . . So sit back and watch ur folly by reading more people praising tecno

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by BANGERLEE1(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2015
komeh1:

Oga s4 owner we don see you. Your so called almighty samsung is from Korea (an Asian country too) and even blackberry is now expanding to India. Browse about the origin of your phone before talking ok.
don't have the time.... I prefer quality to ur quantity chinko phones my bro.... One Love...don't quarrel me cos of common phone....
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by popularbig: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2015
#team BlackBerry Q10

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:
have been a fan of tecno since their birth until i discovered that tecno is a scam yes i said it tecno is a scam.

to make the story short i bought a tecno flagship phone the almighty phantom z last year and believe me the phone is superb with a good display but considering the price i bought it 59k it supposed to worth it. fast forward to 2015 the phone still remains a flagship tecno phone because no other tecno beats it's spec but how can such a flagship phone still runs kitkat even when lollipop is now rampant on Chinese brands like infinix gionee etc. considering the amount i bought the phone i think I deserve a lollipop update instead of making customers money valuable to them they are busy producing scrap in the name of phone while their media paid hypers will hype the Useless scrap to the extent of comparing c8 to iPhone (abomination)
well in the end i have to sell my over priced phantom z which i bought 59k not less than 1 year as low as 29k and right now am a proud user of infinix hot note pro updated from 4.4 to 5.1 (that's value of money)

please don't tell me that tecno is cheap thus update are not necessary because infinix gionee are also more cheaper but are churning out updates for their customers that's what I call value of money.

if you want to buy a phone with sure ota update go for

gionee (best when it comes to Ota)

infinix(happy they kept their promise)
59k for a Tecno or Chinese phone? grin

Tecno will always remain Tecno. That "nice" display you claimed is only nice in comparison to other tecno and infinix brand. When put side by side to HTC or Samsung it pales in brightness, contrast and sun legibility.

- REASONS NOT TO BUY A TECNO PHONE

1) Low ram
2) low clocked processors when compared against rivals

3) mediocre screen display
4) miserable PPI
5) lack of OS updates
6) Can't cope well with rooting .
7) possibly the worst camera display in the market
(coolNo 4G network
9) No qualcom chipset processors

10) No complete HD display
11) No gorilla glass screen
12) Can't support a wild rage of video formats when compared with rivals
13) multimedia speaker quality is rechargeable lantern quality grin
14) If you love high quality HD games, even flagship Tecnos won't come well with fluidity.
15) Lastly, no matter the specs written on the pack of a tecno phone, they can't be independently verified from or by a reputable source. Tecno 's 8 mega pixel camera always inscribed under the camera lens are always 5 mega pixel or even less in reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Lachynos2k2(m): 10:15am On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

people like you ginger them to rip off more customers
and it's people like you that will buy iphone6 with $1000 and 3 months later, people like us will buy it at 30k..lol u get money to waste sha. Keep it up.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
59k for a Tecno or Chinese phone? grin

Tecno will always remain Tecno. That "nice" display you claimed is only nice in comparison to other tecno and infinix brand. When put side by side to HTC or Samsung it pales in brightness, contrast and sun legibility.

- REASONS NOT TO BUY A TECNO PHONE

1) Low ram
2) low clocked processors when compared against rivals

3) mediocre screen display
4) miserable PPI
5) lack of OS updates
6) Can't cope well with rooting .
7) possibly the worst camera display in the market
coolNo 4G network
9) No qualcom chipset processors

10) No complete HD display
11) No gorilla glass screen
12) Can't support a wild rage of video formats when compared with rivals
13) multimedia speaker quality is rechargeable lantern quality grin
14) If you love high quality HD games, even flagship Tecnos won't come well with fluidity.
15) Lastly, no matter the specs written on the pack of a tecno phone, they can't be independently verified from or by a reputable source. Tecno 's 8 mega pixel camera always inscribed under the camera lens are always 5 mega pixel or even less in reality.

bros phantom z has a super amoled hd display of 1080x1280 resolution with 400+ ppi corning gorilla glass 3 the phone is very ok and a premium tecno that's more reason to give it 5.1 update.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 10:21am On Aug 30, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

Dumbass, stupidity can only take there but never to the end.
Whether u buy Tecno or not, their market is moving, they are selling and people are buying. . . So sit back and watch ur folly by reading more people praising tecno

You're a bastard Hopless tecno mugu.

they are fast loosing it they only sell to gullible bastard folks like you until they step up their game people will ditch them for a better brand

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2015
their online hypers can make galaxy s6 look like Nokia touch grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by WailingWailer00(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2015
Proudly a galaxy s4 user

IPhone = Bugatti

Samsung = Rolls Royce

Tecno = Danfo

grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by komek(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2015
UnknownT:
#TeamBlackBerryBold2

This fone is a strong machine. Those who are with you are more than those who are with all those android and window fones.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

You're a bastard Hopless tecno mugu.

they are fast loosing it they only sell to gullible bastard folks like you until they step up their game people will ditch them for a better brand
. . .
Bastard? I guess not cos my Oldman is still alive, safe, sound and healthy. That I can't say about you.
Secondly, I have never bought a Tecno phone in my life, cod I don't like the name, even though I have one.
Now run along, get some sense, stop portraying ur stupidity cos ur is epic, and

Finally read, hear opinions and analyze before buying, as this may be the best thing that would happen to your miserable life
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
adanny01:

I dont want to judge you but you dont sound like those who never worked hard for money.

I think it all depends on your pocket and your style.
People like me who is hard working and crazy for phones can give #120k for a mobile device.Don't forget that I am a power user(blogging,internet marketer,mail client,biz mails that require heavy files etc) all these cannot be done successfully on a Chinese phn with low processors.All my phones are rooted(nexus 4,oppo n1) so much that I switch Roms on monthly basis.

But I truly know that if i were to earning less than #60k a month,then I will surely go for a London use flashy phone of a about #15-#30k or at worst settle for a Chinese phone.

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 10:45am On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

bros phantom z has a super amoled hd display of 1080x1280 resolution with 400+ ppi corning gorilla glass 3 the phone is very ok and a premium tecno that's more reason to give it 5.1 update.
That's what they wrote on the box but I can assure you no tecno phone has a 1080×1280 resolution with a super amoled gorilla 3 glass. If it does, it CAN NEVER be sold for 59k. Believe me. Super amoled screens are in house built by Samsung and they are SUPER EXPENSIVE. That's why even samsung don't equip all their phones with this display.

Why do you think galaxy S3, S4,S5, Note,2, 3 and 4 have a cut - throat price for their screens? It's the super amoled that has the sharpest contrasts in the market currently.

Just as Tecno will hurriedly inscribe false camera specs on the back of its phone ,so they also give false specs in other department.

The phantom Z has a great screen, Tecno standard, that's all about it. You don't believe me? The galaxy S5 has super amoled gorilla 3 glass with roughly the same screen resolution and PPI , put both phones side by side in a room and then take them outdoors under direct sun light. The Tecno will reveal it's true class of mediocrity.

You will get same result with iPhone, Nokia, and HTC .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2015
This guy or whatever needs to have his head examine. That you don't love tecno doesn't mean you come to spit thrash even though some points raised are valid. Some discrediting a brand because you hate it, that you bought phantom Z for N57,000 and disposed it because of updates doesn't make any sense to your ideology. You knew from the onset that tecno doesn't support OTA, yet you bought it. What's your problem huh? Do you think infinix and likes are better either? How many Nigerians can afford to buy infinix phones or the bigger boys Samsung, HTC e.t.c. You raised an issue about OTA which is correct, let the market forces determine that not you. There's nothing special in those updates as their isn't any economic value or utility I derive from them. Until I see an update that will compress data, I wouldn't update to any latest o.s from Google.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Brother op, u are still using a china phone na. Infinix hot or cold is still chinko phone.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Desdee101(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2015
who post dis nonsense here? sorry mahn bt u were not forced to buy d tecno phone abi? if u really smart n knowledgable about such tins as rom and upgrade stuff why didnt u run a background check about d fone bfor buying. why com here to talk nonaense about tecno product? u hav succeeded in making a FOOL of urself. Gerara here jorr, OTONDO!!!
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 11:00am On Aug 30, 2015
komeh1:

Yeah, Samsung is from Korea with a lot of tutorials from Nokia. Remember when it used the symbian based Series 60 UI from Nokia in those days. They even deleloped their own BADA OS later on.

With their expertise on LED TV, they have managed to produced one of the best mobile screens in the market today. They have copied iPhone and have come up with a unique UX in the android platform.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2015
Linqsz:
Gingerbread...lollipop....kitkat

Various Operating System being released for update...i ask myself; will it reduce data consumption?

We just want to have the latest without having any real need for it.

My lumia 610 and my galaxy tab 4..works fine for me
Bless you Bro!
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
You don't wanna know what I suffered in the 'hands' of my Techno Phantom.
my brother the memory na wash
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 30, 2015
asuustrike2009:
This guy or whatever needs to have his head examine. That you don't love tecno doesn't mean you come to spit thrash even though some points raised are valid. Some discrediting a brand because you hate it, that you bought phantom Z for N57,000 and disposed it because of updates doesn't make any sense to your ideology. You knew from the onset that tecno doesn't support OTA, yet you bought it. What's your problem huh? Do you think infinix and likes are better either? How many Nigerians can afford to buy infinix phones or the bigger boys Samsung, HTC e.t.c. You raised an issue about OTA which is correct, let the market forces determine that not you. There's nothing special in those updates as their isn't any economic value or utility I derive from them. Until I see an update that will compress data, I wouldn't update to any latest o.s from Google.

I will advise you step a bit upward in your mobile use if you really need a data compression os.

Root your phone.
Compile a rom from source using Android source code or at worst use cyanogen source code by getting the device tree of your phone.

In compiling,write a data compression algorithm using a Linux script into the make files of the source folder after synchronizing your repo.

Be warned that you must know what you are doing before venturing into this journey.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by gaderibigbeya(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2015
BANGERLEE1:
-All this Gionee--Tecno----infinix they are still Chinko products you know...
Maybe am wrong...

Have used this Tecno A+ b4 around early last year--
The thing got spoilt just 1month later*

Can't go for all this products again... Will stick to Samsung/Blackberry Products... For now..

#S4
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by dennistar(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2015
I noticed something that people who hate tecno the most were former tecno users. I once used a tecno device around early 2012 untill i changed to samsung and right now i despise tecno because they are my enemy and enemy to all other nigerians and africans out there.i pray for the scales in the current tecno die hard fans to fall off so that they can see that they have been greatly ripped and duped by the so called Tecno brand that claim to be doing good to them.THANK YOU FOR READING .

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

You're a bastard[b] Hopless tecno mugu[/b].

grin grin
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by theplushist: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2015
bayusdipe:
Na same company get tecno and infinix........
Most people don't know this
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Onyeval212(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2015
My NOKIA C5 STILL DEY SERVE ME SINCE 2012. @#TEAMNOKIASYMBIANPHONE#
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Fourwinds: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

i have been using infinix hot note pro for some months so far so good no regrets i stated using it on kitkat now am on lollipop grin

gionee m2 comes with 4.2 upgradable to 4.4

m3 4.4 upgradable to 5.1

infinix 4.4 to 5.1

now this is what i call value of money.

tecno na use and trowey brand

money no dey grow for tree bro.
what is d market value for dat infinix
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by azpekuliar: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2015
Lachynos2k2:
and it's people like you that will buy iphone6 with $1000 and 3 months later, people like us will buy it at 30k..lol u get money to waste sha. Keep it up.

Dreamer! No phone brand holds it value like the iPhone. A 3 month's old iPhone 6 will conveniently sell for at least 95% of it's brand new value.

The only N30,000 iPhone 6 you can afford are the cheap imitations made by the Chinese which is were you belong, sadly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Activate Mtn 100mb For N100 And 50mb For N50 Data Plan / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.