Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (56713 Views)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Justice28(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
undecided
Ohiomoba5:
U b fool naw u sold ur phantom z bcoz of u needed a lollipop update.iz it d os u wanna eat? Ar mean u guys dey behave like kid tomorrow dem go change m to tomato den u sell d infinix again.i use tecno phantom z mini nd u can never compare infinix with tecno phantom z.
Buffon what do u mean?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Youngzedd(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sincere4u:

I have never had a tecno phone that didn't give me problems. Buy one and their Carlcare center becomes your new office.

The whole truth.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
The antutu benchmark test CANNOT run test on screen resolution and super amoled quality with gorilla glass specification. This is what Tecno don't yet have. The antutu benchmark and the antutu 3D benchmark can run test on gpu, memory, ram, 2D &3D compatibility on graphics and games which extinct Nokia N series can do.

Let me cut to the chase more simply : For Tecno to arm any of its flagship with a corning gorilla 3 super amoled display screen resolution, it has to outsource the screen from either Samsung ( which are the largest producers of super amoled displays for mobile ) or from other 3rd party OEM'S and that will move the price of the phantom Z way up.

The only reason Tecno, infinix, gionee and Co entered phone business is because android happened to be free for any one to use.

listen tecno a7 is really a premium phone with these features i know what am saying because as a phone and gadget freak i have used many phones ranging from Samsung, lg, htc, then mtk. get an a7 tecno and see for yourself. i know ips when i see it and i know super amoled when i see it also same with fHD QHD etc.

tecno a7 is a supper amoled phone with 400+ ppi making the display good.

and who told you that tecno didn't source out hardware from other companies

and mind you Amoled display is not owned by Samsung is like saying that hp owns intel or amd.

also tecno used corning gorilla ™ for their glass ( i didn't use screen guard on the phone)

sound they used dolby Mobile audio

and so many borrowed hardware

so my brother don't talk like Samsung owns super amoled.

remember common infinix zero 2 runs an amoled display cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
How did yhu upgrade the O. S to 5.1?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
markmira:

nice 1 bro,people dnt rilli know what superamoled display look lyk.get a samsung phone u will notice every icon has depth and the colours are real,galaxy s3 beat phanton z in terms of display.
Very well so. Techno uses archaic TFT displays and lie to the public that it is amoled. When even HTC, Sony and IPhone aren't even using super amoled. HTC uses LCD 2/3 for their screens which is a worthy rival to super amoled. IPhone uses retina display over LCD. Nokia uses OLED and AMOLED over clear black technology.

Tecno uses Archive-resisdent 2001 TFT displays used by old N series Nokias

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by daxon001(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
O don laff tire ogringringrin
how ungrateful many 9jerians are.But aren't u d ppl over praisin tecno wen dey 1st came outnow dey've becom d devil.lol!op and his supporters,judgement awaits ucheesy
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Justice28(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
ayusco85:
This OP must be a wailing wailer. Did they force u to buy the phone? Pls stop spoiling Tecno phone's hustle. Nigerians are so wicked. Why cldnt u ve just quitely sold the phone without making so much fuss about it?
#TechnoWailer
Are Dat wicked that u want others to fall victim of tecno nonsense phones?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by BraniacX(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
Rick9:
#TeamBlackberryTorch
wink

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
Very well so. Techno archaic TFT displays and lie to the public that it is amoled. When even HTC, Sony and IPhone aren't even using super amoled. HTC uses LCD 2/3 for their screens which is a worthy rival to super amoled. IPhone uses retina display over LCD. Nokia uses OLED and AMOLED over clear black technology.

Tecno uses Archive-resisdent 2001 TFT displays used by old N series Nokias

yeah but nowadays companies are upping their games thereby introducing new hardware to their brand remember those companies (Samsung htc) are on the verge of death before android resurrected them.

in the past i used to despise mtk brands till companies like thl, jiyau, etc prove me wrong that's when i discovered that tecno are bastards ripping off our hard earned cash.

please note that any company can put any hardware of choice on their brand so far they can afford it
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
Oliviaarims:
How did yhu upgrade the O. S to 5.1?
dear give to someone that knows how to handle an sp flash tool well to do it for you or if you know how to make use of sp flash tool you can do it yourself
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by BraniacX(m): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
flokii:
OP na cos you no sabi android in and out... I bought a very cheap android phone but now it performs the function of 100 - 200k +. As regards OTA, you could always root your phone and install custom roms on it... i'd suggest you join Xda developers forum for more

Please elucidate
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

do you know that the funny part is that my friend that owns the over hyped phantom a3 that had a little issue still under warranty went to their office only for them to tell him that they have phased the phone out and that they won't repair it for him. na so my guy use vex smash the phone in front of them and told them frankly that they have lost one customer because phone is not a pampers (use and trowey)
Eiya, they actually changed my A3 to R7, though i added small money.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
Youngzedd:

Not enough, Chipset used determine if a phone will get latest android update.

Tecno do use ancient Chipset that doesnt support Lollipop.

Nope phantom z chipset is the same as m3 gionee and jiayu s3 yet they all have lollipop.

tecno are just trying to create a fast consumable phones just like people producing pampers.
they care more about sales than maintenence.

they keep producing phones like akara

yes they brought the competition but they should also cooperate or be ready to be booted out of business
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by 400billionman: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
You don't wanna know what I suffered in the 'hands' of my Techno Phantom.

Me too. No battery to replace the worn out one.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
VenusBetty:
Eiya, they actually changed my A3 to R7, though i added small money.

Hehehehehehe that's robbing Peter to pay paul grin
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Youngzedd(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

Nope phantom z chipset is the same as m3 gionee and jiayu s3 yet they all have lollipop.

tecno are just trying to create a fast consumable phones just like people producing pampers.
they care more about sales than maintenence.

I guess you don't know the Chipset Jiayu S3 use.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

Hehehehehehe that's robbing Peter to pay paul grin
na R7 is higher
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by lezz(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:

listen tecno a7 is really a premium phone with these features i know what am saying because as a phone and gadget freak i have used many phones ranging from Samsung, lg, htc, then mtk. get an a7 tecno and see for yourself. i know ips when i see it and i know super amoled when i see it also same with fHD QHD etc.

tecno a7 is a supper amoled phone with 400+ ppi making the display good.

and who told you that tecno didn't source out hardware from other companies

and mind you Amoled display is not owned by Samsung is like saying that hp owns intel or amd.

also tecno used corning gorilla ™ for their glass ( i didn't use screen guard on the phone)

sound they used dolby Mobile audio

and so many borrowed hardware

so my brother don't talk like Samsung owns super amoled.

remember common infinix zero 2 runs an amoled display cheesy
I didn't say Samsung owns super amoled. I said they are the biggest mobile producers of the amoled screens. They supplied Nokia those screens for their first Lumia series. I understand Tecno has done a lot of improvements. For real.

But sadly there are no premium Tecno device when compared with HTC, Samsung, IPhone.

A premium device should support a good number of these:

-Support simultaneous video and image capture

-Stereo sound audio recording
-Audio zoom
-4k video shoot out capabilities
-Supports up to 128gb of memory card
-3GB/4GB ram
-qualcom 810 processor chipset clocked at least 2.5 Octa-core.
-4G global network LTE range
- USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 4.0

No Tecno phone is armed with any of these at least.

Any gorilla glass screen is from China. The costliest techno phones screens are , is 8k to 12k and that's not the price for gorilla glass screen in any market.

Samsung S4 is gorilla glass 2 and the screen is sold for....?

You know how much Lolz.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Youngzedd:

I guess you don't know the Chipset Jiayu S3 use.
ok sorry my bad it's 64 bit mt6752

but a7 and gionee m3 runs the same Chipset
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by adazinnie(f): 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
Tecno I know is better Dan infinix...my neighbour bought one infinix zero whatever..just within two days d fone fell wit damaged screen and it refused to work..to change d screen was abt 15k...he later sold d infinix for 2k chai wat a waste of monie.. back to u op..stop saying rubbish abt tecno. Shea u get brain oya produce your own fone so DAT we go patronize you....Nigerians and their complains yet most of dem cant even be creative
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by sats: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
I can never use any Chinese phone, whether Tecno, Gionee or Infinix. If it's not Samsung, it must be apple.

htc no make your list?
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
lezz:
I didn't say Samsung owns super amoled. I said they are the biggest mobile producers of the amoled screens. They supplied Nokia those screens for their first Lumia series. I understand Tecno has done a lot of improvements. For real.

But sadly there are no premium Tecno device when compared with HTC, Samsung, IPhone.

A premium device should support a good number of these:

-Support simultaneous video and image capture

-Stereo sound audio recording
-Audio zoom
-4k video shoot out capabilities
-Supports up to 128gb of memory card
-3GB/4GB ram
-qualcom 810 processor chipset clocked at least 2.5 Octa-core.
-4G global network LTE range
- USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 4.0

No Tecno phone is armed with any of these at least.

Any gorilla glass screen is from China. The costliest techno phones screens are , is 8k to 12k and that's not the price for gorilla glass screen in any market.

Samsung S4 is gorilla glass 2 and the screen is sold for....?

You know how much Lolz.

hmmmm break your a7 screen then you'll realize that the screen is 25k
and who told you that tecno a7 does not have Bluetooth 4.0

bros Qualcomm or exynos does not make phone premium and tell me a device that runs Qualcomm octa core grin

Hahahahahaha bros you just dey quote spec.

do you know that Samsung rips off its customers too.

how can someone build a scrap of duos with stupid camera and outdated dual core and still sell it 28k

sometimes these branded companies sells based on popularity

2 Likes

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
adazinnie:
Tecno I know is better Dan infinix...my neighbour bought one infinix zero whatever..just within two days d fone fell wit damaged screen and it refused to work..to change d screen was abt 15k...he later sold d infinix for 2k chai wat a waste of monie.. back to u op..stop saying rubbish abt tecno. Shea u get brain oya produce your own fone so DAT we go patronize you....Nigerians and their complains yet most of dem cant even be creative

You're probably a woman so no reply.

even infinix admitted their mistakes on infinix zero thus they apologized thereby making better device which tecno can never do.

talking about me producing phone am a customer so i have the the right to complain

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
VenusBetty:
na R7 is higher

i know grin
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
EMERITUS85:
have been a fan of tecno since their birth until i discovered that tecno is a scam yes i said it tecno is a scam.

to make the story short i bought a tecno flagship phone the almighty phantom z last year and believe me the phone is superb with a good display but considering the price i bought it 59k it supposed to worth it. fast forward to 2015 the phone still remains a flagship tecno phone because no other tecno beats it's spec but how can such a flagship phone still runs kitkat even when lollipop is now rampant on Chinese brands like infinix gionee etc. considering the amount i bought the phone i think I deserve a lollipop update instead of making customers money valuable to them they are busy producing scrap in the name of phone while their media paid hypers will hype the Useless scrap to the extent of comparing c8 to iPhone (abomination)
well in the end i have to sell my over priced phantom z which i bought 59k not less than 1 year as low as 29k and right now am a proud user of infinix hot note pro updated from 4.4 to 5.1 (that's value of money)

please don't tell me that tecno is cheap thus update are not necessary because infinix gionee are also more cheaper but are churning out updates for their customers that's what I call value of money.

if you want to buy a phone with sure ota update go for

gionee (best when it comes to Ota)

infinix(happy they kept their promise)

Bros abeg, how did you update ur hot note to lollipop? I tried using system update but it was showing me dat my version was d current version, while my hot note pro is still running on kit kat. Could you please direct me on how to go about it.
Thanks.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
The minimum I can use for now is a windows Phone.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by sorextee(m): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Is dat why u will now call him a fool

Ohiomoba5:
U b fool naw u sold ur phantom z bcoz of u needed a lollipop update.iz it d os u wanna eat? Ar mean u guys dey behave like kid tomorrow dem go change m to tomato den u sell d infinix again.i use tecno phantom z mini nd u can never compare infinix with tecno phantom z.
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by BraniacX(m): 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
Abeg oh! I be tech illiterate and a stark one at that so can somebody please tell me whether it is even remotely possible to upgrade my ancient HTC legend 2.0's OS? I can't even get data network with it embarassed
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by sorextee(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
All the TECNOcrats in d house, sell ur phones or else..... I once said something negative about tecno products, and some shallow minded peeps bashed me.. thank God some of dem don dey wake up.. go to tecno office in abj here, and see phones queued for one repair or the other... and d stupid company, treat our fellow nigerians like trash.. Never been a fan of android sef.. undecided #teambb, smiley
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by barrybanbi: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
Youngzedd:
I have said this times without numbers that Tecno days are numbered.

We have other top quality Chinese brands with frequent OTA. The likes of Xiaomi, Meizu, UMI, Ulefone etc.
If you need a quality and affordable Chinese phone checkout Kulimart.com

Just imagine their latest device called Camon C8 that its camera look like fake. 5MP interpolated to 13MP.

Tecno fans are kids who will soon come and derail this thread.

Any phone I buy must equate the money I paid for it. Value for money.

#TeamXiaomi
#MIUI

I bought xiaomi phone by mistake, I never regretted it am thinking of going for high brand of their product ..light and slim compare to bulky over hyped tecno
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by Youngpo413: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
ignis:
I can never use any Chinese phone, whether Tecno, Gionee or Infinix. If it's not Samsung, it must be apple.
you get class jare
Re: Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) by EMERITUS85(m): 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Bros abeg, how did you update ur hot note to lollipop? I tried using system update but it was showing me dat my version was d current version, while my hot note pro is still running on kit kat. Could you please direct me on how to go about it.
Thanks.

do you know how to use sp flash tool? if yes the tell me let me continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Countries That Use The Most Gigabyte / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.