Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power (6067 Views)

"Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola / NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 7:41am On Aug 30, 2015
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC has attributed the recent improvement in power supply in the country to the efforts made by the former President Goodluck Jonathan-led government.

In an interview with Leadership Newspaper, the NERC Chairman, Sam Amadi stressed that a combination of activities and steps taken by the Jonathan administration had now yielded impressive results.

“But essentially, we have light because, one; it is a combination of several activities we have taken especially towards the end of last year,” which is the Jonathan’s administration.

Amadi disclosed that several meetings were held within that period, between the commission, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Chief Executive Officers, CEOs, of electricity generation, distribution and transmission companies, including government institutes like the Bureau of Public Enterprise, BPE, bulk traders and special task force on power.

“Therefore, what you are seeing is partly as a result of the success of those meetings because initially, we were more concerned with regulations. But now, since last year, we are now saying ‘let’s now sit back and look at how these regulations are working”

In addition, the NERC boss attributed the “very clear direction of reform”, from President Obasanjo to President Jonathan, for the improvements seen now.

NERC in a report earlier published by Post Nigeria, hinted that power generation in the country may increase to 5,500 megawatts by the end August pending the completion of the on-going repairs on gas supply pipelines.

See: Power generation will total 5,500MW in August – NERC

During the Jonathan administration, a Presidential Task Force on Power was established in June 2010, to drive the implementation of the reform of Nigeria’s power sector.

According to records, some of the achievements of the reforms are; privatizing the power industry, improved power generation from 2,200 megawatts he inherited, to 4,500, re-instating the moribund NERC and commissioning of several power plants in Ogun, Aba, Sapele and Lagos amongst several other achievements.

According to a report obtained on Tuesday, August 25, as disclosed by the Presidential Task Force on Power, Nigeria generates 4,748.1 megawatts which is the highest capacity the country has ever generated.

The country’s latest peak power generation of 4,724.6MW was recorded on August 22, 2015, while the peak demand was put at 14,630MW, the report stated.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/nerc-expresses-gratitude-to-jonathan-government-for-steady-power/

mod: fp

8 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by fromnigeria(m): 7:43am On Aug 30, 2015
Okay
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2015
Thank you GEJ for your enormous contribution to the Nigerian energy sector unlike one baboon faced inbreeding olf fool who looted $16 billion meant for the sector!!!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2015
I greet the 'body language watery mouth action party' people.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by jazinogold(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2015
buhari been reaping from where he did not sow! thank God dem no say na him body language cos m

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by mrvitalis(m): 7:49am On Aug 30, 2015
We hear
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 7:52am On Aug 30, 2015
height of sycophancy and foolishness
SeverusSnape:
I thought it's "Buhari body language" that did the magic. grin

5 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Jesusloveyou: 7:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Thank God, we have action president, d action has not even start, everything have started working

4 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by macpetrus(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Thank you........ Pure truth... I guess it Goodluck body language that did it.....

3 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by osaslord500(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by SeverusSnape(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
Thank God, we have action president, d action have not even start, everything has started working
A zombie spotted. cheesy

Do you mean "mouth action"??

I've told you this times without number, Go and buy a good English language text book 'cause your grammar sucks.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2015
grin
Lalasticlala wink
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2015
spotted a goat we were just talking about.
Jesusloveyou:
Thank God, we have action president, d action have not even start, everything has started working

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Welrez(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2015
And I neva get light for three days now!
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Jesusloveyou: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2015
jazinogold:
buhari been reaping from where he did not sow! thank God dem no say na him body language cos m
and u think say, fear no dey caught amadi? Tell him to do what he use to do, in time of ur clueless corrupt hero, God bless PMB, i am enjoying light now, if u saTANist wailers like, make una wail into lagoon

2 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by 1miccza: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2015
This is a truthful and God fearing Nigerian..

2 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by rozayx5(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy

thank u gej

ass fir bookohari he shud keep the fulani govt coming

5 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by SeverusSnape(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
[s]and u think say, fear no dey caught amadi? Tell him to do what he use to do, in time of ur clueless corrupt hero, God bless PMB, i am enjoying light now, if u saTANist wailers like, make una wail into lagoon[/s]

RIP to English. She was survived by husband (mathematics), and three children (primary science, home economics and quantitative reasoning).

She was murdered by Jesusloveyou grin

May her gentle soul Rest In peace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by tucky200(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2015
"sam amadi" they will always shield themselves...jona d mighty clueless left our megawatt @ 1363...buhari took over and. Within months we now generating close to 5000...fuul trying to cover up his brother's most corrupt government in the history of humanity

3 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ichoku: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2015
This Amadi is a show spoiler. He wants to spoil our consolatory song. Whether he likes it or not I still believe it is the Sai Baba's body language. Simple. There is even one engineer that will corrborate with me on this.

1 Like

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Jesusloveyou: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2015
SeverusSnape:

A zombie spotted. cheesy

Do you mean "mouth action"??

I've told you this times without number, Go and buy a good English language text book 'cause your grammar sucks.
thank God, u are my son, and u knows how to speak grammar, but is a pity, my son lack respect, children of nowadays always smoke weed, and this Sunday morning, u have started smoking,

1 Like

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 8:25am On Aug 30, 2015
lol, my body language sef de on my gen grin
ichoku:
This Amadi is a show spoiler. He wants to spoil our consolatory song. Whether he likes it or not I still believe it is the Sai Baba's body language. Simple. There is even one engineer that will corrborate with me on this.
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2015
cheesy cheesy. Only sycophants will attach this breakthrough to the BLOCKED HEAD, Sponsored dolts.

4 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by MizMyColi(f): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2015
Alhaji Passingshot!

Good Morning o!cheesy

5 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by ahaika23: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2015
[s]
ERODEDEAST:
cheesy cheesy. Only sycophants will attach this breakthrough to the BLOCKED HEAD, Sponsored dolts.
[/s] lawd hav macy embarassed
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by dunkem21(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2015
MizMyColi:
Alhaji Passingshot!
Good Morning o!cheesy

I don pass this thread before and declined to comment ..
..Why carry me come back here
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by SeverusSnape(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
thank God, u are my son, and u knows how to speak grammar, but is a pity, my son lack respect, children of nowadays always smoke weed, and this Sunday morning, u have started smoking,
You make me laugh in Swahili.

Kwakwakwakwakwa grin
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by stevecantrell: 9:17am On Aug 30, 2015
tucky200:
"sam amadi" they will always shield themselves...jona d mighty clueless left our megawatt @ 1363...buhari took over and. Within months we now generating close to 5000...fuul trying to cover up his brother's most corrupt government in the history of humanity

Amadi will be dealt with, baba is slow but I know he will get to him soon enough.

1 Like

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by MizMyColi(f): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2015
grin
dunkem21:

I don pass this thread before and declined to comment ..

..Why carry me come back here

Lol.
Please tell the world of Buhari's body language.
That's what restored power supply.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by esohjayy(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2015
Let's nt take anytin away frm GEJ he strtd dis electricity dat we r enjoying nau, d truth is itz jes d fear of PMB dat made us strt enjoying it almost immediately...credit shud also go 2 GEJ...#change #saiBuhari
ES OH JAY
Re: NERC Expresses Gratitude To Jonathan Government For Steady Power by Crocz(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2015
Nobody is saying there was no good at all in Jona's government..just like in a football game, you got smacked 5goals and then you managed to score a consolation goal, it doesn't erase the fact that you've failed...I do understand the pain of wailers from south south who haven't yet got over the loss of their "son" in the election, and I also understand the endless pain of "biafrans" who by design and circumstance always seem to self impose pain on themselves.

But one thing I'm 1000% sure of, and I can bet my two balls (which about now is the most precious stones I've got) that Buhari will succeed and eclipse the painful memories of Jona's failure

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention / Finding Common Ground: Role Of Trade Unions And FG In Fuel Subsidy Removal / Nigeria: IHRC Cautiously Welcomes Inquiry Findings Into Nigeria Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.