Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,870 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Any Mac Os X Fan Here - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Any Mac Os X Fan Here (3680 Views)

Lovers Of Apple Mac Os X / Best Karaoke Software For Mac OS X And Windows PC / Apple Ibook G4 Laptop*great Condition*mac Os Leopard*warri*benin- #70,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 3:51pm On May 20, 2009
Correct. I have had similar experiences before with a network printer. Again, what was I ever doing with windows all these years?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 6:53pm On May 20, 2009
i feel u . have u tried spotlight searching
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 11:01am On May 21, 2009
Yes, spotlight searching is just fantastic; I'm looking for something - anything, I just put ANY PART of what I'm looking for and Swoosh! it there. no nee for file name and locations and blah blah.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by mamba74(m): 12:21pm On May 21, 2009
Fellas,

I'm moving back to 9ja in some couple of months, the warranty on my macbook will expire right before my trip, i know i should take the applecare thing but how im suppose to get support in 9ja? is ther any Apple service center in 9ja?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2009
I don't think they have a service center in Nigeria but applecare will cover you worldwide so if u have a problem you can allways call the center for the region of the world you are located and am sure they will be able to assit you
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by mamba74(m): 12:35pm On May 21, 2009
@Candylips

TQ, could you please update us on this page when u find any authorized center, i may as well post something up when i do.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by tboy1(m): 12:42pm On May 21, 2009
macbook pro kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
havent touched windows since i started using macbook - only issue i have is wit the wireless connection- goes crazy sometimes , apparently its a known macbook issue (includin pro and air)
anyone got solution 2 dis, pls let me know. I've tried solutions from mac forums but i still get the problem sometimes
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 1:08pm On May 21, 2009
you mean the airport. Strange i haven't come across this problem although i use an iMac
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by tboy1(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2009
yep the airport
the thing is just so random
sometimes when i turn the airport off and on, it works - sometimes it doesnt
my bro also has a macbook and he's got the same problem
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 3:17pm On May 21, 2009
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by tboy1(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2009
Thanks.
I'll try some of the options later today
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 3:56pm On May 21, 2009
tboy1:

yep the airport
the thing is just so random
sometimes when i turn the airport off and on, it works - sometimes it doesnt
my bro also has a macbook and he's got the same problem

@ tboy, I use a mac myself and like candylips said, I have no issues with my airport. Have you tried updating your version? It could fix such problems. There is now 10.5.7 download it at their website (support section). Mac is not all that 3rd party solution friendly, you know.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by tboy1(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2009
yep ive updated the version and tried other things. im gonna try one of the options in the link later on
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by amor4ce(m): 9:34am On May 25, 2009
i have had a macbook, 2.4ghz since june last year.i decided that the first computer i would ever use my sweat to buy wuld be an apple product.been interested in them since it was mentioned in a movie i saw about 15yrs ago. if u love innovaton u'll love a mac. yeah the price may be high but on the long run, u'll be smiling.i have won some converts at my office in VI who say they wuld like to get one. if u r thinking of price u are housnig fear and limiting urself.

that said i have really under-utilized it.i need help in making the most of it. also, i have a canon VIXIA HG20 and the video software that comes with it aint mac compliant. i've not been able to transfer my videos to the macbook and i would appreciate ur sugestions. i dont want to budget for virtualization now.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 12:12pm On May 25, 2009
amor4ce:

that said i have really under-utilized it.i need help in making the most of it. also, i have a canon VIXIA HG20 and the video software that comes with it aint mac compliant. i've not been able to transfer my videos to the macbook and i would appreciate ur sugestions. i dont want to budget for virtualization now.

Underutilised? Well, I think you've not even scratched the surface!

Per your vidoes, don't bother about software; I may suggest you connect your camera directly - preferrably with a fire wire, if you have one- that should launch iMovie/iPhoto automatically (depending on your prefences); mac comes with a lot of in-built softwares, especially for the latest Canon products. Or, just remove the memory card from the canon and connect to your mac via an appropriate adapter/cable.

You can also visit the apple website for apple approved third party softwares that can help you.
A last resort would be loading windows via boot camp, then installing your software on the windows side.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by amor4ce(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2009
windows ke!?! yee pah. no way

one annoying thing is that i cant use oracle sql developer on the macbook like installing sample databases. i attended a program at NIIT but had to abandon it cos of work pressure and i want to learn on my own. oracle sql is one of the courses.

also i had to sit for the computer-based GRE without using my mac to practice. the gre powerprep software isnt designed for macs and its been like this for ages like there's a conspiracy. i tried using crossover for virtualization but it just couldnt load.

no firewire for now. i'll explore the macbook further this night.

thnx swift1
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 12:43pm On May 25, 2009
amor4ce:

windows ke!?! yee pah. no way

one annoying thing is that i cant use oracle sql developer on the macbook like installing sample databases. i attended a program at NIIT but had to abandon it cos of work pressure and i want to learn on my own. oracle sql is one of the courses.

also i had to sit for the computer-based GRE without using my mac to practice. the gre powerprep software isnt designed for macs and its been like this for ages like there's a conspiracy. i tried using crossover for virtualization but it just couldnt load.

no firewire for now. i'll explore the macbook further this night.

thnx swift1

Per your oracle, go to the website and download Navicat. I think that should help.

On conspiracy, I don't know of that. But if there is, I think it goes to show that the competition are admitting that mac is stronger, for you only conspire against that which you percieve to be stronger. Well, conspiracy or not, its only a matter of time before they admit 'technological superiority' of mac os.

good luck with your videos.

and please cut windows some slack, after all its not like its leprosy - yet (lol).
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by amor4ce(m): 12:45pm On May 25, 2009
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2009
you can use iMovie to edit your videos it a very very good software.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by oludy: 10:34am On Jan 16, 2010
Mac OS X rocks. Have you tried Snow Leopard? Men, very improved.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2010
yea i recently get another Mini with Snow leopard installed. i haven't seen any diff so far though
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by lalaboi(m): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2010
Mac is the the truth!

Mac is the way forward!

Iyalaya windows mehhhhn! lol
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2010
pls tell them cheesy
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by lalaboi(m): 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2010
Its natural. . .peeps are afraid of change. . . try mac and you'll forget u had a GF(windows) lol
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by midastouch: 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
I bought a macbook in 2008 and was blown away. The honeymoon ended tragically when my baby (macbook) which I always put in hibernation when not in use, got fried when my apartment got flooded.

I took it to a genius bar in an Apple Store, and was told that the logic board had to be replaced for a huge amount. I resumed using the HP Windows Vista Laptop that I had abandoned when i got my mac. I cannot remember how many curses I had uttered to no one in particular (HP or Microsoft) but there were many hair pulling, hand wringing, head banging and yelling episodes.

Then in 2009 I stumbled unto the Hackintosh Movement. I installed OS X Leopard 10.5.2 on the HP Laptop, and fine tuned it. Its not sleek like an Apple designed rig, but it runs OS X! and my sanity has returned. I cannot return back to windows.

To experience the joys of elegance and genuis in Operating Systems design, it doesnt have to blow a hole in your pocket, Hackintosh it!

By all means, Hackintosh it.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
The only thing i hate about the Mac is the price tag
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by xterra2(m): 11:24pm On Feb 08, 2010
A big fan,just started using MacBook Air (the lates one-1,1)And am just loving it so very much.But am having difficulty can any1 help?:
Safari am using version 3.1.2 i dont wanna download 4 because am using MTN fastlink and it would eat away my download limit,at 1st it maximizes(i.e show full screen)but it dosent do anymore i click the maximizing button a lot to try and solve it but it still didnt work as am typing this now,am using it not full screen.can any1 help?or u need screenshots??
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by Daddyzee: 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hi Folks,

Never knew there are apple freaks like me. I got an ipod 3 years ago and between then and now, I have used 3 ipods, the latest being my latest toy , the 32G Ipod Touch 3rd Generation. Last November, I decided to try the macbook and I got myself a macbook air and the feeling has been breathtaking. I ended up buying the MC207LL for my wife, who by the way is also a huge fan.

1 problem though, I have not been able to transfer videos and photos from the mac to my itouch. I notice that the sychronisation only attempts to transfer from the itouch to the computer and not the other way round. I tried several permutations with itunes and it appears it only receives videos purchased from itunes store.

I know I have not done the right thing and I am back to naija where unfortunately there are no friendship centers.

Any assistance?

Daddy
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by texazzpete(m): 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2010
The major issues with Macbooks are the price tags, and the inferior hardware.
And before anyone takes issue with me over that last point, yes i know the unibody build quality is excellent. but there's no excusing the mediocre GPUs, lack of SD card slots until the most recent versions, the non-removable batteries and the annoying need to purchase dongles just to connect a standard VGA projector or HDMI device.

When you add to that the poor state of Mac gaming in general, I can't see the Macbook as a compelling choice for me at the moment.

I've hackint0shed a couple of Dell netbooks and played around with the OS. It's pretty interesting and kinda cute. But i think that's all it's got going for it over Windows 7, which is every bit as stable.

I'll probably get a Mac mini which can also moonlight as my HTPC to properly put the OS through its paces.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2010
please someone point me in the direction of this hackintosh thingy, sound interesting.

i think i have an extra lapie waitng to be put out of its misery. lets see wat the grass is like on the other side eh!!!
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by texazzpete(m): 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
4llerbuntu:

please someone point me in the direction of this hackintosh thingy, sound interesting.

i think i have an extra lapie waitng to be put out of its misery. lets see wat the grass is like on the other side eh!!!

You need a lappie with compatible hardware. or you could build a desktop with compatible components.#
do a google search like 'OSX on (insert laptop name and model)' and see what that gets u.
On the Nairaland tech market i've got a dell netbook with Win 7 and OSX Snow Leopard dual boot for sale if you're interested.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
feeling too lazy to google it

intel core2duo
nvidia quadro fx 3700m
4gb dr3 ram
500gb 7200 rpm sata hdd

will it work?

am dualbooting win 7 and ubuntu right now

guess i did the ubuntu more for the challenge than anything else - almost never access it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Highspeed Http Tunnel V5 / Very Clean UK Used core i5 Fujitsu Lifebook LH530 Is For Sale In Lagos / Youtube Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.