Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago (65364 Views)

See What Billionaire’s Son, Paddy Adenuga Looked Like As A Young Boy / A Million Millionaires In A Decade / Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Anthony0094(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by amarachi06(f): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
girl
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by cecegorgeous(f): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
ummmmm jst passing............
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by harry509: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mykel4God:
Was going through my files when I came across this,so I decided to share with you guys.

This was how banking looks like as at year 2004.

The blue pen indicates the amount credited.

The red pen indicates the amount debited.

How many of you bank this way?
Cc: Lalasticlala
I don't kw such....
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by LatestTrend: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
grin

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by journerman(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
I don't know where you bank, but in 2004, nigeria already had modern day banking system with the likes of stb, Gtb etc

2 Likes

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by prettytasha(f): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
mm
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Soreza(m): 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
ladyF:
grin times have really changed

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
U SERIOUSLY NO GET WORK O
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by texazzpete(m): 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
That wasn't how banking looked like 10 years ago.

That was how banking in low end, community banks looked 10 years ago.

10 years ago, the likes of first Bank etc were already fully computerised. Nobody was using paper ledgers there.

1 Like

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by lonelydora: 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Tapout:
some banks haven't upgraded that much... sad

Like Union bank
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by akigbemaru: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
How banking worked a decade agp.
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by talk2yommex2000(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
lifezone247:

Or bank of the north, if u knw what I mean

hahahaha...dat yeye bank called Bank Of The North. You'll be there for 2 to 3 hours just to do little transaction back in those days. I think it's now called Unity Bank or so.

2 Likes

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Sharmeenator(m): 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
Introvert, You again! How do u do it ma'am?
INTROVERT:
hmmmmm grin
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by crowngold(m): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mykel4God:
Was going through my files when I came across this,so I decided to share with you guys.

Cooperative Bank (coop) of yore comes to mind...
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by ibkgab001: 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
Three jobless NairAland witches and wizard

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by woodmood: 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mykel4God:

Please get your facts right before posting that this is what banking looks like in 2004.
Perhaps maybe you are talking about community bank.
I make bold to say that NO commercial bank uses this booklet as at 2004 again.
Haba Nigerians with unsubstantiated postings.

1 Like

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
okn
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
hmmmmm grin
ladyF:
grin times have really changed

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

these two re jobless
SEUN carry dem as moderator na.
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by noblegrex: 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
Thank God for civilization,a very stressful banking ways then.poor technollogy,little customers +high stress,yet I think the stress just reduced a bit cos we have high technogy,plenty customers which leads to little stress or high stress atimes.
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by AmakaDNB(f): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
grin
Check my signature
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Adesiji77: 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
Maybe the OP intended to write 1994....cheesy

Cc: woodmood, Tinyemeka
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Tinyemeka(m): 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
What I saw at the top of the ledger was "Lagos Building Investment Company LTD". Was that the name of a bank?
How was interest on savings calculated?

1 Like

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Tinyemeka(m): 10:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
woodmood:

Please get your facts right before posting that this is what banking looks like in 2004.
Perhaps maybe you are talking about community bank.
I make bold to say that NO commercial bank uses this booklet as at 2004 again.
Haba Nigerians with unsubstantiated postings.

smiley I wonder what he meant when he said "When I was going through my files".
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
journerman:
I don't know where you bank, but in 2004, nigeria already had modern day banking system with the likes of stb, Gtb etc
ah gbam,ask d op,he wan turn our memory,2000 is the begining of new era,this don dey change then. Op is showing us d system of 1985 to 2000, but 2004! Forget,every organization don blend,GSM don dey then.

1 Like

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Tinyemeka(m): 10:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dottore:
Na so e be.
Even our banks presently look primitive when you compare them with the ones you see abroad.
We shall get there anyway

Our banks look primitive compared to the ones abroad? Primitive in what sense? Which bank abroad are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by aameyah(f): 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
The good, old days.
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Tinyemeka(m): 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
Adesiji77:
Maybe the OP intended to write 1994....cheesy

Cc: woodmood, Tinyemeka

My brother I tire O.

I opened an account with the then STB in 2003 and everything was already online then. Including real time online access. Don't know if he really meant Esusu banking. smiley

You never can tell.

1 Like

Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by labodinho: 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Lolaabokoku:
Seen

Until I checked closely,I thought ur name was lolaaboBAku
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by spiralwedge(m): 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
as at 2004, Europe, UK especially was already tired of ATM, online banking and were considering inserting chips under people's skin..... But I was surprised to have arrived in this country with so much backwardness as at that time.
phones, SIM cards, call tarriffs were ridiculously high and people were thanking OBJ for bringing GSM to the country. gosh! every nook and cranny of Lagos was cramped with umbrellas with a starved teenager where phone calls were made.

lol what a country.
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by kenoz(m): 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
grin
Re: How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago by Misogynist2014(m): 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Badly Printed New Naira Notes (Pictures) / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria / I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.