Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta (19870 Views)

Armed Bandits Kill 3 Police Officers In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Miagu Village In Jos, Kill 3 Villagers (Graphic) / Robbers Attack Skye Bank In Ondo, Kill 3 Policemen (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 31, 2015
OLEH — Three persons have been killed and two others injured in renewed hostilities between Fulani herdsmen and residents of Okuke, a satellite village at Amorji in Ndokwa West Local Government Area of Delta State.

The people of the community, it was gathered, had been at loggerheads with the herdsmen who they accused of destroying their farmlands and terrorizing them over the last three years.

An indigene of the community told newsmen that the herdsmen had threatened to chase the residents out of Okuke, a development which, he said, prompted Amorji to constitute a 15-man delegation to meet with them (the herdsmen) for a peace talk.

The community indigene, who craved anonymity, said the delegation was on the way for the peace talk when they were ambushed by herdsmen, who he alleged opened fire at them, killing three and inflicting gunshot injuries on two others.

He said one person was still missing and that those injured were receiving treatment at a hospital in Kwale, headquarters of the Ndokwa West Local Government Area, while the bodies of the deceased had been deposited in the mortuary.

He lamented that indigenes of the community could no longer go to their farms or markets in neighbouring communities for fear of being ambushed and attacked by the armed herdsmen.

Police statement

Contacted, Police Public Relations Officer of the state police command, Celestina Kalu, confirmed the killings and said the incident was a suspected reprisal attack.

She disclosed that a Fulani herdsman had earlier been reported killed in the community in the last one week.

Kalu said: “After some days, some of the villagers went to the police to complain that three of their indigenes were missing. A search party was raised and the bodies of three persons were found.”
Kalu said the command was trying to curtail the situation, and that efforts were on to bring the feuding parties together

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/fulani-herdsmen-kill-3-peace-emissaries-in-delta/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by CowbellY: 6:22am On Aug 31, 2015
This is getting serious. Bubu how are you gonna tame your wild dogs?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by christinie(f): 6:22am On Aug 31, 2015
Why can't they ban these people from moving from place to place? They sell cow to people and turn around and drink their blood. God forbid evil.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Yujin(m): 6:36am On Aug 31, 2015
If you can't destroy the herdsmen then let them wipe the entire village out. I support that. No dialogue with marauders.

23 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by amadice(m): 6:38am On Aug 31, 2015
Yujin:
If you can't destroy the herdsmen then let them wipe the entire village out. I support that. No dialogue with marauders.
...what are you saying?..every one just wanna comment..mtcheew

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by emmalexabl(m): 6:39am On Aug 31, 2015
Fulani herdsmen threatening and killing their hosts and you tell me young and vibrant youths are in that village !!

Shame on them..

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 31, 2015
That's a village in my Clan Onicha_Ukwuani. Those fulani herdsmen are wicked. Raping people in their farms and feeding their cows with peoples crops. I pray it ends soon.
The police seem to have taken sides already. They have bn askd to leave but dem nor gree. Make government come pack them take o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 31, 2015
The last time these fools killed a farmer in enugu, the residents ganged up and started killing and robbing herdsmen of their cows..next thing, soldiers invaded the residents to arrest people.

Government would always turn a blind eye to these fools but jump into action once the people retaliate

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by ebamma(m): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2015
Funny how this fulani herdsmen now carry weapons around without being apprehended by the police,

Or is the NPF telling us that Fulanis are above the law?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 31, 2015
your village is on fire and you're here claiming Lagos or some other SW state if your ancestors had been like this would you have had what you call your village existing today?
Take the mata seriosly b4 they start Chiboking your women!

ogorkojo:
That's a village in my Clan Onicha_Ukwuani. Those fulani herdsmen are wicked. Raping people in their farms and feeding their cows with peoples crops. I pray it ends soon.
The police seem to have taken sides already. They have bn askd to leave but dem nor gree. Make government come pack them take o.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by bigiyaro(m): 7:10am On Aug 31, 2015
belive me, if dis fulani guys r not overwelmly terrorised n fully, completly n adequately eliminated, exterminated n eradicated from dat LGA, dey will take over dat place in nx 3 to 4 years, BTW were r d niger-delter militants?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2015
angels09:
your village is on fire and you're here claiming Lagos or some other SW state if your ancestors had been like this would have had what you call your village existing today?

Me claiming Lagos abi south West? E b like say u carry my map for head. Na Delta I don live all my life. I dey arrange my weapons. Am not done

23 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Sweetcollins: 7:24am On Aug 31, 2015
Again
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2015
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Tonnniey: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2015
How will this not happen when their master and leader is the president of this country. I wonder how Nigerians forget things so soon. This was the same man that threatened bloodshed if he looses 2011 elections and it came to pass. cry cry cry

In other news, check my signature for tummy reduction and to loose 5kg-10kg of body fat and weight

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2015
Na wa o....
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by free2ryhme: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2015
shocked
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by free2ryhme: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2015
Funny so few Fulani herdsmen taking over Delta communities? Maybe you should also go to Sokoto or Kano to takeover over their communities if you cannot defend yourselves against few fulani herdsmen who are over 800km away from their home. Too much Kuman do turn una lazy

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by mildflame: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2015
4DELTA !! Wetin una de wait 4 send those SOULESS BASTARD packing sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by stevesharon: 7:28am On Aug 31, 2015
Baba plz u better call dis ur pple to order ooo....if u actualy want peace to ruin...dey don go step into d Big Heart Territory...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by jumper524(m): 7:28am On Aug 31, 2015
i've said it, i knew this was going to happen. U can't kill a fulani cow and go scott free
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Neduzze5(m): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2015
The Foolanis are at it again!!

I think the best thing to do is to wipe them away from the face of the earth. They don't deserve to live!! angry

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by saintneo2: 7:29am On Aug 31, 2015
How can this Fulani issue be solved?

Fight and kill them, more will come from Senegal for revenge.
Allow them, they and their cows will destroy your farm lands and crops.

It is high time, Fulani herders should be forced to evolve from nomadic cattle rearing. Forced by forcing them to adopt modern system of animal farming. If the Fulani insist on nomadic movement, then we to engage them in long distance athletics......I have never heard of a Fulani winning a gold medal.

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by hedonistic: 7:30am On Aug 31, 2015
What do you expect when their brother, the Herdsman-in-Chief, is the president. When a herdsman is in power the people suffer.

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Richie0974: 7:30am On Aug 31, 2015
Seriously?? Killing peace emissaries means war...

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by aameyah(f): 7:30am On Aug 31, 2015
Something needs to be done about these herdsmen. Haba!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 31, 2015
jumper524:
i've said it, i knew this was going to happen. U can't kill a fulani cow and go scott free
Na where u take hear say dem kill cow?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by skillet(m): 7:32am On Aug 31, 2015
If militants don't respond, we are doomed.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2015
They can't try this shit in anambra, Fulani people are heatless, foolishe people.
Derive joy from killing innocent people.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by jamesbanjo(m): 7:32am On Aug 31, 2015
What z wrong with dz fulani pple sef
Always takin power into their handz... :/

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Peace Emissaries In Delta by myworldtech: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2015
emmalexabl:
Fulani herdsmen threatening and killing their hosts and you tell me young and vibrant youths are in that village !!

Shame on them..

You don't understand what is going now.Fulanis have the president at their backs.If you touch them the next minute the whole village will be swarming with soldiers.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 White Men Kidnapped In Port-Harcourt, Rivers After Intercepting Police Convoy / Armed Robbers Now Disguise As ATM Users –Police / Suspected Armed Robbers Nabbed In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.