Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) (49399 Views)

Ndigbo Holds Reception For Fayose Because Of Nnamdi Kanu / Ekiti APC Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Support For Fayose, Alleges Bribery! / Obanikoro Loaded Plane With N1.29b For Fayose: Airport Video Shows - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by ebenlay: 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
Osoko bambam ekun oko Ekiti
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by spenca: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Oluwaseun748:

But u voted for GMB who mabe adult civil servants do frog jump for coming late. Didn't U? HYPOCRIT

Obviously you don't know the dichotomy between democracy and military regime , just piss off mate
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by drehdinho(m): 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Urine:
Chei! See person papa and mama, Fayose jeje laye gba o!

And that's not supposed to be directed to Fayose. 99% corrupt practices in our nation is deployed by the masses(especially the government workers). Nigeria Civil servants are not deligent with their work anymore. They spend much of their time at work, gisting and doing irrelevant stuffs.
Leaders like Fayose need to be encouraged...
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by tunergy(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
DedeNkem:

A baboon shouldn't be given access to computer or internet to write st*upid response because it belongs in the zoo.

Ok, so which of the Zoos are you from?
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by Xtfield(m): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
I'm sure most of the people commenting negatively here do not reside in Ekiti State nor have many of them even visited the state. I am from Ekiti State, worked in Ekiti State as aTeacher before relocating to lagos and three years ago I returned to ekiti state to start a private school. My first observation upon relocating was about the poor attitude to work not just by civil servants but by private business owners. You may not believe it, most civil servants in my nneighbourhood hardly go to work and when they do, sometimes they do not leave home until 10am. Private shops in most part of Ado Ekiti do not open before 9am. The exceptional ones are businesses run by Ibos. And most shops in Ado Ekiti close as early as 5pm. I remembered when I invited a professional colleague from Lagos to give a talk to my staff. He got to Ado about 7.30pm and there was no restaurant open in the heart of the town to entertain him. Its as bad as that. This is one major reason the state is poor. Lateness was a major issue I had to contend with when I started my school. Getting to work at 7.00am was a problem for my teachers and yet there is no where in Ado that you need to commute for up to 30 minutes before arriving at your destination. The point is the people just can't get out of their homes before 7am! I do not know of any company that allows its workers to resume and close at their own will. Every employer has a set time for resumption and closing. The workers in that picture were grossly late and they were caught by their employer. They know they stand the risk of losing their jobs and all their years of service. Of their own will they chose to kneel and prostrate to beg their employer. Fayose is a no nonsense man, but he is not one to humiliate the very workers that he loves so much. He has shown his love for them by paying their salaries up to date. He listens to them, he plays with them but he by locking the gates against late comers today has shown that he can also discipline them if they break the rules. He has done nothing wrong. I love Fayoose, Ekiti people love him and we will continue to do so.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by charlso1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
benedictnsi:
Chai..... All in d name of not loosing the job

It is either you wake up and work or be sacked. Either way the job must be done.

Anyway, if you want to know how to be your own boss, download my 51 free eBook titled "Fiverr Lazy Man's Blueprint" now.
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
The picture does not look like he subjected them to anyany inhuman and degrading treatment... The workers were wrong for coming late and as typical yorouber folks that lie on the ground when they greet elders, they gesticulated to seek for pardon....

At least the man is working... It is the non chalant and I do not care attitude of Nigeria government worker that has led to the closure of many government offices like NITEL... How do you expect them to be productive if they comes to work late? They should learn from companies like MTN, that would have sacked them a long time ago.. A company built on profit making will sack you straight.

For there to be CHANGE, heads has to fall

FAYOSE.. MY ROLE MODEL....
Fayose is a bastard disgrace and a thief
See the bad shape of the secretariat where the bastard loots billions cry angry shame
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by Dottore: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
wisefizz:

U MAKE NO BRAIN BRO

Who asked morons to comment
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by fotadmowmend(m): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
Now I know that APC owns Nigerian media. What would you write or say if it were Buhari ?
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by warrior01: 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
bulldoza:

See the bad shape of the secretariat where the bastard loots billions cry angry shame

But your Apc man, Fayemi was there before him and couldn't do anything

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
bulldoza:

Jeez... When will MTN stop giving out free data
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by Mhyzamy(f): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
This is a full evidence that salary is slavery. Entrepreneurship is the way forward.

Full grown men and women postrating like a wage slave.
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by ransomed: 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
All hail the Power of "Jesus of Ekiti"
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Keneking:
Great

Latie latie comer, how are u?? grin

Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by badostic: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=sojiboy post=37518252]Happening Now

Gov. Fayose did not order them to kneel down, its a normal way of yoruba folks expressing their fear.
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by abbeyty(m): 2:04pm On Aug 31, 2015
The guy in suit be like..e jooo sir mio ni late mon sir
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by tpiander: 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
Did someone just say paying salaries is based on how much love you have for the employee?

Does your bible not tell you the worker is entitled to his wages?
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by aresa: 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ekiti fountain of knowledge don turn to fountain of comedy..
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by Gh0stFreak: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
This is what actually happened

[b]Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State Governor,
has frowned at the lateness to work of civil
servants in the state, warning them to shun every
act of lateness and truancy.
Fayose, who paid an unscheduled visit to the
state Secretariat, on Monday, by 8am, caught
unawares over 30 civil servants who came late to
work, and directed that disciplinary committee be
set up to try them with appropriate sanctions.
This is even as he warned that whoever engages
in late-coming and truancy may be shown the way
out of service if such a one remains recalcitrant.
However, many of the civil servants on sighting
the Governor scampered around to avoid being
apprehended, even as some others who
encountered the governor one-on-one knelt down
pleading with the governor for forgiveness.
The Governor stated that the unscheduled visit
will continue until appropriate discipline has
been entrenched in the civil service, adding that
his next port of call could be at the Ministries,
Departments and Agencies, anytime soon.
He noted that if the government is working round
the clock to ensure the workers salary are paid as
at when due inspite of the economic downturn,
the workers should reciprocate the gesture by
being alive to their responsibilities.[/b]

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/workers-scamper-as-fayose-pays-unscheduled-visit-to-state-secretariat/#sthash.MEtylAjJ.dpuf
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by tpiander: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
workers salaries are not supposed to be used as a bargaining tool though, is paying salaries now optional or did I miss something?
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by nanzozo(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
[quote author=sojiboy post=37518252]Happening Now

Ekiti civil servants kneel down for Fayose because they resumed late to work at state Secretariat.......Them don smell sacking be that,serves them rit.
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by olayinkaj2(m): 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
perpetual late comers. Why were they late? You can be late to work at times but if its becoming frequent, then you need to be punished. I do not know their case anyway.
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by tpiander: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2015
Fayose should give them points for dressing and let them off with a warning.
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by blackboy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
correction : Ekiti Civil servants kneeling and prostrating after being caught coming to work late. Foyose didnt ask them too. They are begging to save their jobs .. notice some are not kneeling or prostrating . Its a thing about choice. Yorubas normally kneel or prostrate to also beg.

Rubbish propaganda and lies will get the opposition only cheap votes and to remain in the opposition. It might work in the Federal level but not in Ekiti State
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by tpiander: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
blackboy:
correction : Ekiti Civil servants kneeling and prostrating after being caught coming to work late. Foyose didnt ask them too. They are begging to save their jobs .. notice some are not kneeling or prostrating . Its a thing about choice. Yorubas normally kneel or prostrate to also beg.

Rubbish propaganda and lies will get the opposition only cheap votes and to remain in the opposition. It might work in the Federal level but not in Ekiti State

the ones who aren't kneeling are sitting on the ground though.

btw, why was this posted on the media?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by tpiander: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
anyway, they should be given a warning and freed to resume work.

I'm almost certain most if not all of them depend on public transportation to get to work, it could have been just the one day they were late, is there any evidence its all the time?
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by kennyddonn(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
leksy07:

l ve always believed in civilized ways of doing things! Those civil servants' appointments are governed by civilized rules, not d brutish force being used by Fayose! U ve just exposed ur ignorance by d way u contribute to debates on a social media! It can only be as a result of a defective upbringing which is quite unfortunate! I do not support late coming but Fayose must behave in a civilized manner, not like an emperor/military ruler in a democracy! Dis is d tragedy! Fayose cannot arbitrarily determine their appts without going thru a process! Those civil servants humiliated were cowardly. D unions shld protect their workers if they are not compromized! What happened is a shame to d HOS who could not protect his workers! "grin yorubas say ti apa ko ba se san, wa ko leri" Maybe it is time to go home to d self respecting ones, afterall, not working for Ekiti is not d end of d world!
To be candid, I dont read novels, u don't have to write a poem to get noticed and likes.....u 've really shown u are a breed of President Buhari....u 've only seen pix u don dey pour if u con see video nko.....
someone with low brain don like ur post anyway...I go always gbadun u my Mr Dr fayose
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by orunto27: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
spare the rod and spoil the child. this is repentance and prayers for forgiveness. I hope The Governor will forgive them.
Re: Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) by DedeNkem: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
tunergy:

Ok, so which of the Zoos are you from?

You mean the zoo you came from? You've to tell us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Stopped His Convoy To Collect Credentials Of Youths In Maiduguri / Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) / El-Rufai On Easter Break: Kaduna Schools Will Not Close Before Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.