Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) (31697 Views)

Lady Sacked For Refusing To Say Good Morning To Her Co-Worker / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Woman Sacked By Kaduna Electric Faints After Reading Sack Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by ijustdey: 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
Cyriacus Izuekwe
Crisis is brewing in a Lagos Catholic school after a woman who had worked for nine years in the school as teacher was sacked for going on maternity leave and was paid N2 ,500 ( about $12 ) as her severance benefit in Ejigbo, Lagos state , western Nigeria .
Parents of pupils of the school under the umbrella of Parents Teachers Association , PTA , protested the sack and demanded her immediate reinstatement and full payment of her benefits.

The woman, Mrs . Cynthia Patrick, who resides at 12 , Folawiyo Street , Ejigbo, was employed as a primary school teacher by the management of St Peters Primary School, Ejigbo years ago.
She was on N10, 000 monthly salary and when she was eventually sacked, she was paid N2, 500 as her entitlement despite the fact she did not owe or borrow money from the school .
While she was working there , she got married and became pregnant and applied for maternity leave to deliver her baby, which was granted to her.
However , during her delivery , there was complication and doctors asked her to rest before resuming for work, and she informed the school authorities in writing .

She said she was surprised when she resumed work and was given a letter terminating her appointment.
The letter was signed by the director of the school , Rev . Father Mathew Ogunyase .
She said the matter was made worse after they paid her N2, 500 as her severance package .
The embittered woman said she was surprised by the way she was treated despite the fact that she was among the pioneer teachers who worked hard for the progress of the school .
Mrs Patrick said she was traumatized by the treatment meted out to her .

Her sack has caused friction between parents of pupils in the school and the management . The parents have insisted that the injustice against the woman must be addressed.
Confirming the development, the Chairman of PTA, Mr. Okwudili Ude , said when the woman was narrating what happened, he did not believe until he went to the school to make inquiry.
He said he was surprised that the management
confirmed what the woman said and he had to call other parents to inform them .
He explained their intervention was because they are critical stakeholders of the school .
Ude also said if the management refuses to meet the PTA ’ s demand , they will embark on protest to draw the attention of the authorities especially the Catholic Bishop to the matter.
Some of the parents who spoke to our
correspondent said the whole thing was embarrassing and said they were determined to speak on behalf of the hapless woman.
When our reporter made efforts to contact the
school ’ s director , Rev Ogunyase , he was said to have travelled abroad on vacation leave. However , the management confirmed the development and explained that the school had a set of rules and regulations guiding the disengagement of members of staff, adding that it was in line with such rules that Cynthia was paid N2, 500 as her severance package .
They said they have no power to address the issue.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/31/woman-sacked-paid-n2500-as-benefit-at-catholic-school/

Photo of the woman and her child

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
angry
CATHOLIC CHURCH AND THEIR HYPOCRITICAL DEALINGS THO...

WHAT A FARCE...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by dhantey324(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nlc is a useless organisation imo.. Man's inhumanity to man continues.. To think they would know better.. Smh

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by donholy28(m): 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
This one na money for pure water...what nonsense is this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2015

Here's a cause worthy enough for "the equality-seeking crew" to fight for instead of the right to walk around bare-breasted.♦

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Delphi(m): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
This is the type of case NLC should wade into and show their prowess not waiting for increase in the pump price of PMS/AGO as to protest and subsequently be bribed. It's unfortunate that 'mercy and compassion' have travelled out of this country for a long time. Let the PTA lead a campaign that all parents should withdraw their children from the school so that we see who bulges first. Nonsense! Justice must be served accordingly.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by lekjons(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
don't even know what to post, all this kinda news everyday...

it is well...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Barselonia(m): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
ayeee ooo....

which money b dis. ....after working for 10 years, entitlement Na 2,500...dem no try oo....

leaving Catholic aside sef, it doesn't make sense....for wetin na

bushdoc9919:
Nairalanders.....do you want your children to be teachers?
if That's what he / she wants, I support him/her... my parents are teacher

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by walemadu: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nigeria and its many problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
ok, very pathetic.

1. Was there any approval for the maternity leave?
2. Was there any approval for an extension of leave?
3. What was the condition of service for her job? This includes severance package, termination clause, pension etc
4. Where is the husband?
5. A salary of N10,000 is broken down as follows;

- Basic Salary : N1,250 per month
- Housing allowance: N2,500 per month
- Transport allowance: N2,500 per month
- Feeding : N2,500 per month
- Pension: N1,500 per month
- PAYE: N1,500 per month

I support the decision of the management however, on compassionate grounds, i think she should be re-instated or offered jobs elsewhere by the PTA. There is no need for this uproar as the last government created most of the difficulties we are facing today.

Anyway, is there any account we can contribute peter's pence to support the child undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Deardeals: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
bad

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by yorke1: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Like seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by boman2014: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
what nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by stepo707: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
rubbish country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by okooloyun1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Babatindan: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
Slavery in naija. A lady was sacked in union bank and was paid just 7500. Can u imagine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by MrCounselor: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
I don't wanna believe this is true.
Catholics are not that callous.

Somethings must be missing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Segadem(m): 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
It is a blessing in disguise for her!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nairalanders.....do you want your children to be teachers?

And the funny thing is that in the public sector...it may be slightly better. Or not.

Nigeria needs teachers. High time we also valued them too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Segadem(m): 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Babatindan:
Slavery in naija. A lady was sacked in union bank and was paid just 7500. Can u imagine.
Is unionbank a bank?
One day I was to use ATM but because I can't withstand the queue in my bank's ATM I just decided to use union bank ATM. lo and behold after inserting my card,the ATM screen displayed PROCESSING more than 48 minutes,of which those who queue and others that came after me cash their money while I stuck alone grin ...and the sad part of what happened was that when the machine finally processed my card ,it says " your card is in operative"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Evaromantik(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
#2,500 for what?............dem dey quarrel before?.......biko,i need nkowasiation to know whom to blame

1 Like

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
"Western Nigeria"? For some weird reason, I don't like the sound of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Pascal181: 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
Too bad 4 d poor woman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by otabuko(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
10,000 as salary, ha, poverty dey oh.... Na for transport fare? 2,500 for entitlement when sacked.... GOD please come and take this world!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Richie0974: 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
Imagine #2500 with a baby to take care of.... Unbelievable.... Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by allanphash7(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Laughing

And these people call them self children of sky daddy?

I am very sure that this poor woman would have been paying fvucking 10% every month o

Some gullible christain will pay offering, pay 10% in order to run the affair of the church and even build schoold which they can not afford to enrol their children yet they will still feel dejecyed at the end of the day

So sorry poor woman next time you will live your life without imported religion

Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Opinedecandid(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
God wins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
Wtf! I need a gun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by hakeem4(m): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
Not fair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo) by Zonacom(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
A proud catholic, but i must say the way some mission schools treat people under their employ is very absurd. Especially schools managed by Rev. sisters. Have heard a lotta bad tales about them. Not good

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Give A Quick, Impromptu Speech Or Toast / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report / Andela Sacks 420 Staff In Nigeria, Kenya And Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.