Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience (32494 Views)

List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by exactly77(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Here in Akobo area, Ibadan, we do 16-20 hours everyday. There are days we go as high as 22 hours. I don't rush to iron my clothes or boil water using the kettle any longer. I just leisurely do my thing. Great!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ohonre street in benin 4 hours per. Day, some days no light at all
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by treasuremi1(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ikorodu-Lagos has been like London. U hardly hear the noise of generators these days. Electricity has really been stable this month.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by abogjohn(m): 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Here we have stayed for like 2mnths without light but since Buhari came in Allah is indeed Great.. We use like 12 to 15hrs everyday

1 Like

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
soe:
well here in the UK, it has been 24hrs constant power supply. Pardon me but I will keep you guys in my prayer.

Sheer brilliance grin

My Mother In Law is visiting, she's been here for 6 months and no power outage (thank god there were none cause we do get them sometimes in summer here due to overload). She says she has a story to tell when she gets back home.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by DropShot: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lordave:
Slightly improved

All thanks to GEJ for his vision and Transformation agenda which is still visible in every achievement of the current administration.
Shuttap your dirty mouth dere! Which yeye Jonathan you dey talk?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Hallams(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
Well here in akobo ibadan i have minimum of 22hrs and maximum of 24hrs i cant even remember the last time they took light. I dont rush to charge my phone i charge it only when it is flat and i cant attribute it to gej or pmb even during yaradura's time it was 18hrs if there is no transformer prob from surrounding areas. I swear stable power supply sweet o
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Lordave: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
DropShot:

Shuttap your dirty mouth dere! Which yeye Jonathan you dey talk?
Whats your problem?
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by fairheven: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
berrystunn:

have being livin in paris for over 16y now ,

have not seen or hear any Power outage, is not even possible....The electricity sector in France is dominated by nuclear power, which accounted for 77% of total production, France has the largest share of nuclear electricity in the world. The country is also among the world's biggest net exporters of electricity. The French nuclear power sector is almost entirely owned by the French government , even with the Wind power Energy technology my brother is not possible as long as there is wind and human lives ......

but some countries this days are weary of nuclear power because of the recent incident in JAPAN, even the plant that was proposed in UK by AREVA of FRANCE has been put onhold. i think germany is on the best path going by its 75 percent of renewable energy mainly from wind and solar
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by DropShot: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lordave:
Whats your problem?
Na your hypocrisy be my problem. When Boko boys strike, you pipu are quick to blame Buhari but when light has improved na Jonathan?
Una dey reason at all? Nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Adesina12: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
Gejpresident:
God punish northern Nigeria and God bless Niger Delta

Here in Melbourne, since 2009 I got here haven't seen light blinks

Infact god punish Africa

why you don't blame jona, your brother.
yeye people

1 Like

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by shizzy7(f): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
stevesharon:
In naija ,u can't eat ur cake and also have it.if u see the huge amount off bill that was sent to my compound, it was over estimated. Is as good as buying fuel and running ur gen set.
Don't you have prepaid meter?? its actually cheap and No mago mago So they stopped selling it..we use it and its the best...
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by aleem50(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
There is steady power supply here in Agbowo Ibadan,@least 17hrs of electricity,and Ojoo where I work up to 18hrs. Infact as I am typing this,there has been light since saturday,if they took the light before 15mins it is on papapapa.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by NovusHomo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
exactly77:
Here in Akobo area, Ibadan, we do 16-20 hours everyday. There are days we go as high as 22 hours. I don't rush to iron my clothes or boil water using the kettle any longer. I just leisurely do my thing. Great!

SECONDED!
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Mishydoo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
[size=15pt]Nigerians are too easy to please...![/size]
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by swedex: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
We don't have minister of power yet and electricity is almost stable! Hmmmmm Tnx to Baba.... grin
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by haskeem: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
GoodMuyis:
Before the Month of August vanish away Let recount the progress of Electricity distribution nationwide to see how far it has improved.

Here in Kaduna, Electricity has improve drastically in this Month of August, at least a day will not pass without we using up to the minimum of 14hrs to 16hrs a day (average). There have being some days we had more that 18hrs.

But since last week Thursday, the only time the power was taken was last mid-night, apart from that 24hrs power supply since last week

It's rubbish in Lokoja, imagine a situation where the entire community were disconnected from transformer by AEDC just some people don't settle their bills.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Lordave: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
DropShot:

Na your hypocrisy be my problem. When Boko boys strike, you pipu are quick to blame Buhari but when light has improved na Jonathan?
Una dey reason at all? Nonsense.
Good things last longer!

Whatever bad thing that happens in this administration should be the concern of Buhari, he should tackle them properly and the next administration will accredit it to him also.

GEJ didn't claim his predecessors' achievements even though there wasn't any, use your senses, give GEJ the credits he deserves.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by dckng16(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
PMB has drastically improve electricity in Nigeria. Awesome president we have. Here in Ojota where I stay and do business Electricity has improved beyond measure. My business is growing rapidly with enough profit to show. Not like before that all my profit go into fuel everyday. Hope it continues likes this for long.

Now 5000 mega watts since 1960. Great achievement within 3 months of being president.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by fareed69(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lordave:
Slightly improved

All thanks to GEJ for his vision and Transformation agenda which is still visible in every achievement of the current administration.

Hmmm

Goodluck Indeed

Transformation Unlimited?
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
ago lagos we c light 22hrs a day.I dnt really knw if dis is buhari's hand work bt it started since he came in

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by fairheven: 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lordave:
You guys have a peculiar style of propaganda each.
How many corrupt politicians have been tried, found guilty and prosecuted after over 100 days that Buhari assumed office?

During campaign and elections we heard that your hero would renovate our prison to a higher capacity to accommodate politicians, fast forward to now, it seems the Warders are the ones occupying the prisons with their families and the corrupt politicians are dinning with Buhari and helping him make appointment out of bigotry and biased favouritism.

What has really changed?

GEJ was a weak leader according to you, but we're about hearing the last stories of Boko Haram until your likes bullied him out of office, your mentor is now in charge and it seems like FG is even providing them with reinforcement.

Perhaps, GEJ should have made sure the dogs and baboons soaked in blood for you to really know he's an international hero.

you sound so pained.the last story of boko haram ? what he cudnt achieve for 5yrs ,you expected him to do in 3months because of his desperation for electorate votes ?
have you asked yourself wat happened to the billions that were budgetd for defence and amunition under JONATHAN ?
what happened a whole bling bling CAN president ,AYO ORITSEJIAFOR and and MONEY laundring in SA ?
what happend to our millitary that used to be a pride for ECOMOG and west Africa...our millitary dared to go where BRITISH AND AMERICANS CUD NOT GO in LIBERIA and sierra leone,BUT jonathan turned them to boysscout that were running away from boko and a clueless leader had the right to sentence them,even wen they were not given weapons to fight ?
where were you when former NSA AZAZI boldly stated that BOKO HARAM WAS A creation of PDP ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Kazrem(m): 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2015
Here in Epe, Lagos state we do have light for minimally 15 hours and sometimes they will surprise us by giving us for 22 hours.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by BruzMoney(m): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
in funaab Abeokuta ask anywhere we use light for at least 22hrs per day, d surest tin is dia cannot b power outage again anytin after 7pm even if there is, 2mins its back.... I tot its only here but when I went home recently in Ibadan dat we harslty have light for once in a week, we r cruising on 15hrs per day now... PMB has done sometin unusual
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by shizzy7(f): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
In My Area they only take it for about 15mins and some days they don't take the light at all..Our generator has not been useful recently...

But I pity

GENERATOR SELLERS
GENERATOR REPAIRERS
PETROL STATIONS(#20 on 1keg]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by chatterly: 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
in Magodo GRA 2,lagos, we have had light since saturday without a minute break,Amazing
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by DropShot: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lordave:
Good things last longer!

Whatever bad thing that happens in this administration should be the concern of Buhari, he should tackle them properly and the next administration will accredit it to him also.

GEJ didn't claim his predecessors' achievements even though there wasn't any, use your senses, give GEJ the credits he deserves.
Aswear, your mumuism pass that of Jonathan. Eediotta!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Goke545(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
Here in Osogbo, Ofatedo to be precise. Honestly, they only off their light probably for about 1 hour 30 minutes and some days they don'toff the light at all, for almost 2 to 4 days.. Sometime in February I bought 10 liters of Petrol and as at this moment, I should have close to 4 litters inside. Electricity supply has improved drastically in my area.

Nevertheless, a lot still have to be done on the charging / billing system.......
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by Dankamaru(m): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
There's tremendous improvement in power supply here in Gombe, although we do have relative adequate supply but now it's above average.
An average of 20 to 21 hours daily. Kudos to drivers of change!!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by felixawe(m): 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
In delta state, udu LGA light is frustrating. But we experience crazy billing.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by leanalyst: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Improvements everywhere, only BEDC in Edo state never improve. A city (Benin city) which was used to almost 24hr light and some weeks full 24hr light most of it. We are not getting used to 12hrs. Most times they eat into the 12hrs. BEDC should be investigated.
Re: Electricity Usage Status For The Month Of August -share Your Experience by predatorX: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
In 2013, i nearly sued THERMOCOOL electronics for selling sub-standard refrigerator to me after 3months of purchase still within the warranty life. Them dey tell me say the thing dey ok. I no know say na Jona dey worry my compressor. Since Baba enter, 18hrs light don turn my fridge to dual-purpose Air-Conditioner.

All i just gatz do na to open am, then ON fan and lock all doors and i have myself CHILLERSZ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / APC Governors Exchange Heated Words Over Oshiomole At Meeting With Buhari / Ramadan: Tinubu Donates 1800 Bags Of Rice To Kano Residents (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.