Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Mercy Aigbe-gentry Dishes On Why Celebrity Marriages Crash More Than Regular One - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe-gentry Dishes On Why Celebrity Marriages Crash More Than Regular One (923 Views)

5 Celebrity Marriages That Have Scaled Through Scandal / Six Celebrity Marriages That Crashed In 2 Years / Halima Abubakar Dishes On The Dangers Of Having Multiple Sex Partners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Aigbe-gentry Dishes On Why Celebrity Marriages Crash More Than Regular One by ndnuray(m): 6:48am On Sep 01, 2015

Actress Mercy Aigbe-Gentry has been unofficially married to Lanre Gentry for 6 years and officially for two following their courthouse wedding in December 2013. The style star who was previously married before getting with her current husband is dishing her two cents or naira on why a lot of celebrity marriages these days are failing with a capital F!.

Speaking in an interview with Naij, the actress put it down to people getting married for the wrong reasons.

She also stated that she has not yet experienced any challenges in her marriage…which is quite odd as every relationship has its own share of ups and downs.

Read what she had to say after the jump.

Failed marriages are on the increase now not just Nollywood. Some people are not just ready to be married because it comes with its own challenges and people also get married for the wrong reasons.

She went on to add,

Nollywood marriages are more challenging because we are constantly in the news without being given any breathing space or privacy. Also, some journalists just get stories and are too lazy to verify such stories before publishing them. Journalist needs to know that, people are wicked and will want to get back at someone out there so, they should put their integrity in check before writing any story.

We gotta say Mercy is right, a lot of people are getting married for the wrong reasons. But is it everyone though? How come the divorce rate is a lot higher than 20/30 years ago? How come our parents made it work?

Share your thoughts!

Image Credit: Instagram

SOURCE: http://www.that1960chick.com/2015/08/31/mercy-aigbe-gentry-dishes-on-why-celebrity-marriages-crash-more-than-regular-ones/
Re: Mercy Aigbe-gentry Dishes On Why Celebrity Marriages Crash More Than Regular One by chineloSA(f): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2015
This is her second marriage.

I guess the first time she married for the wrong reasons. undecided
Re: Mercy Aigbe-gentry Dishes On Why Celebrity Marriages Crash More Than Regular One by ndnuray(m): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
Lols... I don't think so.
chineloSA:
This is her second marriage.

I guess the first time she married for the wrong reasons. undecided
Re: Mercy Aigbe-gentry Dishes On Why Celebrity Marriages Crash More Than Regular One by Shebarh(f): 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

“I Did Not Shed A Tear When My Mother Died”, Iyanya Shares His Pain. / Prophet TB Joshua Buys New $60m Gulfstream G550 Private Jet / Opinion: Was Iyanya High During His Album Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.