Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,163 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

How To Prepare Banga Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Banga Rice (4158 Views)

"My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Prepare Banga (ofe Akwu) Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Banga Rice by ImanuelJannah(m): 7:42am On Sep 01, 2015
The other time I gave you a gist that concerns the kitchen, It was Some Bad Cooking Habits Women Have that I highlighted. Today, I have a gist that could show you how to cook Banga Rice.

Doyinsola of Knorr Nigeria would be sharing her Banga rice recipe with us!

Are you ready for this recipe? Get your notepads ready!

Ingredients: Rice, Banga (Palm fruit), Banga spices & herbs, Chicken, Dried Fish, Stock Fish, Crayfish, Scent pepper, Iron fortified Knorr cubes & Salt taste.

Preparation Method:
– Wash Banga thoroughly in salt solution to get rid of sandy particles.

– Pound Banga and add lukewarm water intermittently until the juice is fully extracted.

– Pour content into pot and boil for about 10 minutes.While Banga juice boils, add the wooden herb, leave to boil. Pound the spices properly.

– Add pounded spices, scent pepper, crayfish, stock fish, dried fish and iron fortified Knorr cubes

– Wash rice and add rice to soup (ensure the soup is just enough to cook the rice, if it is more than, scoop some aside. It can be used as a separate soup to eat morsels like starch, pounded yam, fufu, etc.)

– Add salt to taste, stir and leave to cook for about 20 minutes. Be sure to check now and again till it is tender.

– Sprinkle banga green herbs or basil (efirin leaves).You can serve with Roasted, Fried or Grilled Fish,Turkey or Chicken.

– She served with oven grilled chicken & garnish with any green vegetable of your choice e.g. Cucumber.

This post was culled from this group's website www.freshestgist.com

Re: How To Prepare Banga Rice by christinie(f): 7:45am On Sep 01, 2015
Na today?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Banga Rice by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 01, 2015
Banga rice and coconut rice tastes great..... I like em

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Banga Rice by okirewaju(f): 9:00am On Sep 01, 2015
Not bad but its my first time of hearing that banga spice is used for banga rice.

Also banga rice needs lot of onion(grinded and diced)

3 Likes

Re: How To Prepare Banga Rice by mzjaney(f): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
okirewaju:
Not bad but its my first time of hearing that banga spice is used for banga rice.

Also banga rice needs lot of onion(grinded and diced)

Tell dem cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Banga Rice by ImanuelJannah(m): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
lols grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Loves These Pears And Also Know If They Sell It In The US Too? / Please What Is The Effect Of Eating Noodles Everyday / Meat Pie Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.