Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses (5306 Views)

Why I Admire Nnamdi Kanu / He Might Be The Most Paranoid Man/President On Earth But I Kindda Admire Him / Yorubas I Admire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Gov Fayose of Ekiti State
Femi Aribisala (a public commentator and newspaper columnist)
Femi Fani Kayode (needs no introduction)

The rest are MOSTLY selfish, narrow-minded, on-track minded, gullible, short-sighted, and shallow-thinking lots.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
Wole Soyinka would be in that league 50 years ago. Unfortunately, since becoming senile, he has lost his mojo and become a typical Yoruba

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by PentiumPro(f): 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
How many Yorubas do you know?
You admire them because they say things that sounds like good music to your ears

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
PentiumPro:

I KNOW ALL THE IMPORTANT YORUBAS ENOUGH TO ASSESS THEM. I USED TO LIVE AND MINGLE WITH THEM
THE ONES I DO NOT KNOW, LIKE IYA BASIRAT AND BABA ELEMU, ARE INCONSEQUENTIAL IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS

21 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2015
The other one, Obasanjo, first helped destroy Nigeria, then contributed greatly to rebuild it, only to surprisingly help destroy it again. How can some people be so erratic and unreliable?

21 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by babasoji: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

The rest are MOSTLY selfish, narrow-minded, on-track minded, gullible, short-sighted, and shallow-thinking lots.

Are you saying Yorubas don't generally see past their noses because we have big noses?

7 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by vicadex07(m): 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
omo ale
Ramnon2:

2 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
babasoji:

Are you saying Yorubas don't generally see past their noses because we have big noses?

Not because you have big noses, but because your eyes are not wide open nor sharp enough to see far beyond the immediate. After what the North did to Yorubaland beginning from Ilorin usurpation; the utter disdain for Yoruba muslims; the June 12, MKO, Obasanjo, Diya travails; the incessant Fulani cattle rearers killing Yoruba farmers; and the killing of southerners including many Yorubas in the North, for political and religious reasons, they generally still do not want to see far enough.

God bless the few Yorubas who have seen the light.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2015
vicadex07:
omo ale
Back to sender pelu baba ati iya re wink wink wink

6 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Olabestonic001(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
How About This: 3 Igbo's I admire and respect;
(1) Governor Rochas Okorocha.
(2) Barrister Monday Onyekachi Ubani.
(3) Librox Oshoma.

........They are Supporters of PMB!

Does that fan your ember of bigotry op?
So, you do thing everyone aligns to your primordial sentiments?
Its neither a Yorubish notion or not to antagonize a Politician. GEJ lost in an election and you suddenly became grossly tribalistic. Politics is a game of number and not ethnic fuelling.
Wake up op.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2015
Olabestonic001:
(3) Librox Oshoma.

Its neither a Yorubish notion or not to antagonize a Politician. GEJ lost in an election and you suddenly became grossly tribalistic. Politics is a game of number and not ethnic fuelling.
Wake up op.

I do not care. My point is clear and universally accepted. Yours is myopic and smacks of infantile ''revenge mission''. We know better.

16 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by babasoji: 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

Not because you have big noses, but because your eyes are not wide open nor sharp enough to see far beyond the immediate. After what the North did to Yorubaland beginning from Ilorin usurpation, down to the June 12, MKO, Obasanjo, Diya travails, and to the incessant Fulani cattle rearers killing Yoruba farmers, they generally still do not want to see far enough.

God bless the few Yorubas who have seen the
light.

I was being sarcastic. But since you've so kindly elucidated us on your premise, I will say one thing, how does any historical decisions taken by a small set of people - 100 at most, account for classifying a whole tribe of people as selfish, greedy and whatever else you said above?

1 Like

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
babasoji:

I was being sarcastic. But since you've so kindly elucidated us on your premise, I will say one thing, how does any historical decisions taken by a small set of people - 100 at most, account for classifying a whole tribe of people as selfish, greedy and whatever else you said above?

So it was 100 Yorubas that voted for Buhari? Abi? Even if you were mad at GEJ, was Buhari the solution?

BTW, I revised my post that you quoted to this below

Not because you have big noses, but because your eyes are not wide open nor sharp enough to see far beyond the immediate. After what the North did to Yorubaland beginning from Ilorin usurpation; the utter disdain for Yoruba muslims; the June 12, MKO, Obasanjo, Diya travails; the incessant Fulani cattle rearers killing Yoruba farmers; and the killing of southerners including many Yorubas in the North, for political and religious reasons, they generally still do not want to see far enough.

5 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by babasoji: 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

I do not care. My point is clear and universally accepted. Yours is myopic and smacks of infantile ''revenge mission''. We know better.

Universal? How old are you? 7?? I really hate the xenophobia brewing on this board. Nigeria's problem is far more complicated than these pedantic tribal sentiments. The elites (Nigeria's real problem) are united and all one in their quest to oppress us.

You think Orji Uzor Kalu, Fashola and El-Rufai have more differences than similarities? Don't deceive yourself my friend. We are simply pawns in the grand scheme of things. The earlier you realize this, the better.

4 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
babasoji:

Universal? How old are you? 7?? I really hate the xenophobia brewing on this board. Nigeria's problem is far more complicated than these pedantic tribal sentiments. The elites (Nigeria's real problem) are united and all one in their quest to oppress us.

You think Orji Uzor Kalu, Fashola and El-Rufai have more differences than similarities? Don't deceive yourself my friend. We are simply pawns in the grand scheme of things. The earlier you realize this, the better.

We are talking of a population of people, not few individuals who can be dispensed with easily if the wider population know better. BTW, Orji Kalu is inconsequential in SE, politically speaking.

6 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by babasoji: 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

So it was 100 Yorubas that voted for Buhari? Abi? Even if you were mad at GEJ, was Buhari the solution?

He was the lesser of two evils. To be honest, I don't think most Yoruba people cared that GEJ was south south. We voted for him in 2011. It shows how sophisticated our electorate is. We are not blindly following a party. Yoruba land has diversity of thought and political philosophy. This isn't to denigrate any other tribe but I'm simply stating the fact

12 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Olabestonic001:
(3) Librox Oshoma.

Wake up op.
Politics not matched with long-term common sense is at best madness

4 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
babasoji:

He was the lesser of two evils. To be honest, I don't think most Yoruba people cared that GEJ was south south. We voted for him in 2011. It shows how sophisticated our electorate is. We are not blindly following a party. Yoruba land has diversity of thought and political philosophy. This isn't to denigrate any other tribe but I'm simply stating the fact

And you blindly followed APC to give yourself Buhari, are you for real?

6 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by babasoji: 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2 I have to run but let me leave you with something - what gives Nigeria its potential is its population and diversity. Let's focus on the things that bring us together. Let's focus on our strengths. Let's try to stop focusing on where a person is from. Religion and tribe are the worst thing to happen to a people trying to break the bondage they've been under.

No tribe is perfect. There are good Yorubas and bad Yorubas. Good igbos and bad igbos. Pure and simple.

Let's keep it moving. Nothing to see here.

9 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by gebest: 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
So why limiting it to PDP members alone

2 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by aresa: 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
Na today you ibo people begin like our trash and rejected clowns...This is your only portion in life.

6 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
babasoji:

No tribe is perfect. There are good Yorubas and bad Yorubas. Good igbos and bad igbos. Pure and simple.

That in bold you can already see from post. I have not thrashed all Yorubas, if you read me well.

2 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Ramnon2: 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
aresa:
Na today you ibo people begin like our trash and rejected clowns...This is your only portion in life.

Babapupa, since Fasola left office, life has been hard for you. You better pray for Fasola to get something from PMB so you can start sucking his anus again. Shameless old foooool

5 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by babasoji: 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

And you blindly followed APC to give yourself Buhari, are you for real?

Lol. Even the most ardent PDP supporters now agree that GEJ would have been a disaster if he had been allowed to continue. i don't believe in party politics and for the record, I supported agbaje in Lagos. As I did Ribadu in Adamawa. For the last time, if you think the elite care about you, you're a joker. PDP APC they're all the same. Just try to sieve for nuggets of goodness in both parties. Shikena.

I also went through your profile and realize you're a race baiter. You remind me of the South Africans who hate Nigerians (ironically enough mostly Igbo Nigerians). It is all good. I won't get dragged into the tribe wars.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by ibisko04: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

You are not seeing beyond your nose.

7 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by jaymichael(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

Politics not matched with l[b]ong-term common sense[/b] is at best madness
And what is "long-term common sense", voting GEJ ? whose tribesmen have moved on from the electoral loss and even pledged to work with the President for a better Nigeria? Was he not recently called WICKED by his very own brother(s) that benefited immensely from the largesse when he was the President?
Elections are over, MOVE ON.

9 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by wizard007(m): 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

Don't worry bro, we know you are pained!

Oya gba paracetamol grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Adminisher: 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

Fayose and Arabisala see beyond their noses?. I am very very sorry for you. You have my sympathy. God will broaden your mind and give you wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by maestroferddi: 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
aresa:
You with the usual paucity of commonsense...

When would you grow up?

1 Like

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Intrepid01(m): 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ramnon2:

Your hatred has been noted and you know what, it doesn't count.....

2 Likes

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
PentiumPro:
You admire them because they say things that sounds like good music to your ears
Madam, I'd always admired that way you think and you didn't fail me this time too. wink

1 Like

Re: Three Yorubas I Admire Most Because They See Beyond Their Noses by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
The only reason why Yorubas are complaining about Buhari's appointment is because it didn't favor them. If it had favored them to the detriment of other Southerners, trust they would have cheered Buhari on. People like PassingShot and other hypocritical Yorubas crying about the appointment today would have been telling SE/SS that they didn't vote for him and shouldn't expect much from his administration.

Thank God this is happening and we're all seeing the true Yoruba hypocrisy. If anybody understand Yorubas the way i do, you'll marvel at their treacherous tendencies and their ability to turncoat within a second.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting / Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump / Opinion: Any Evidence Gen Gowon Is Igbo From Ebonyi State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.