Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump (5285 Views)

Buhari To Igbo Leaders: 7 Northern States Produced Junior Ministers But / Genocide Looms, Atiku Warns As Igbo Leaders, Northern Youths’ Meeting Ends / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by explorer250(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2016
A pan Igbo socio- cultural group, Alaigbo Development Foundation (ADF) is seeking audience with American President-elect, Mr. Donald Trump, just as it has sent a congratulatory message to him on his victory.
ADF is a corporate body of intellectuals, clergy, traditional rulers, businessmen, politicians, women and youth of Igbo origin who are working to overcome the state of endemic corruption, political and economic marginalisation in the country.
In a November 12, 2016 congratulatory letter and signed by Prof. Uzodinma Nwala, president and Prof Nath Aniekwu, secretary, respectively, the group said Trump’s role in global affairs and his importance in the world can not be over emphasised.
In the letter, the group described the Igbo Nation as one of the three biggest ethnic nationalities that were brought together with several others for the administrative convenience of the British Colonial Regime to make up the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1914, mainly to serve British interest.
It alleged ethnic exclusion, genocide, systemic alienation of the Igbo Ethnic Nationality in the Nigerian Federation, a situation which it said had worsened since the end of the Biafra war in 1970.
‘’We Igbos have no sense of belonging in the political contraption known as Nigeria today. We have also been severally unable to fulfil our legitimate aspirations as a people in the country as a result of its lopsided hegemonic and corruption–driven contrivance.
‘’Igbos are found across the globe, being a great cosmopolitan people with the immense God-given gift of an entrepreneurial spirit and culture. Since the second decade of the last Century, Igbos have emigrated in large numbers to the United States where they found a second home in search of education and attracted by the spirit and practice of self-actualisation, acknowledgment of merit, embodied in the American Dream and the core essence of American democracy; themselves being children of a society that is traditionally republican and democratic in practice well before the inception of the British colonial rule’’.
ADF said Trump’s victory “represents a hope for a new world order in which America shall chart an independent foreign policy, especially in Africa, devoid of British colonialist manipulation and interests.”
While collectively praying for Trump’s success through God’s blessings, ADF offered fervent prayers for his administration to help usher in a new world order, and reverse America’s pro-British policy in Africa.
‘’ADF looks forward to and will eagerly embrace a new American foreign policy under your leadership that recognises the inalienable fundamental rights of Peoples to the protection of their ancestral homes, their lives, property, religion and their faith, to equity and justice and, above all, their right to self-determination’’.
The group recalled that many prominent Igbo leaders and intellectuals were brought up in several American universities including the late Africa’s most famous pan-Africanists, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe , renowned world Bank Executive Director, Ngozi Okonjo—Eweala, China Achebe, Professor Barth Okechukwu Nnaji and several others.
It also expressed the hope that under Trump’s leadership, Igbo citizens who wishs to live and work in the USA would be guaranteed protection and freedom under law by your administration.

sunnewsonline.com/igbo-leaders-seek-audience-with-trump/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by dEastActivist: 8:21am On Nov 16, 2016
Spot on...

One purpose driving the Igbos course

Oyah haters come and educate us how Igbos are not one and how this move will affect us negatively...

Ndi ara

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by MyGeneration(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2016
I am igbo... and i can tell u that those things written up there are not entirely true.
We igbos are not marginalized politically because of hate or anything but because of wrong political calculations and decisions.
You support Gej he lost and Apc won and re saying u are being marginalized politically. Is there someone who told you not to join Apc?
To make matters worse what were they supporting Gej for i dont know. None of them can point out one project Gej intiated in the east, federal roads zero, second Niger bridge zero, yet for reasons i dont know they were still supporting him.
To add salt to wound ever since Buhari won they have been acting like political militants, they keep attacking everything abt Buhari.
Out of no where a hate filled organisation dat is filled with ignorant, illitrates and semi literates appeared from no where and starts insulting everybody they can think of online and on radio.

I am igbo from imo state, before u start giving me dat afonja trash or northern muslim trash but if ipob or massob doesnt want to develop sense if sm1 like me deals with u guys ehhhh to u people wont be able to cough Biafra or even see it in ur dreams.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by DropShot: 8:24am On Nov 16, 2016
The Igbo race needs to be studied as a research topic perhaps we can understand how a large set of a large group of people can be this gullible, irrational and weirdly emotional at the same time.

Every day, we get a new comical display from this group. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why is it even difficult for these people to go their separate way if that is their choice?

Do they think any president of Nigeria will just say "oya Igbos, take this portion of Nigeria and have Biafra"?

If the Igbos are united about seceding, they should know how to do it methodically.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by eleojo23: 8:25am On Nov 16, 2016
What is this obsession with Trump sef?

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by blackpanda: 8:27am On Nov 16, 2016
Hahaha

Pathetic loosers! Trump dont like you. Trump dont care about your biafra shit and all the senseless noise you making! Go back to nigeria and improve the lives of your people not wasting time of frivolous fantasies. There is no country in the world that will support biafra. Why? Cos it doesnt exist!

Biafra is a mythical creation of france to gain share in nigeria's oil. It has absolutely nothing to do with helping igbos. Anything u cant achieve in nigeria, u sure as hell cant achieve it in any other country. Period!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by explorer250(m): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2016
only the sons of scratched awolowo will come here to oppose and make noise on this thread.
biafra go happen for their eye like film
Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by PedroJP(m): 8:31am On Nov 16, 2016
Small small.. Instead of bringing arguments and act in a way that will keep them from ever thinking to leave, in other words have them feel comfortable and loved in this Nigeria, my senseless neigbours feel that antagonising Igbos is the best way to God as longer as it makes them feel excited, not knowing that Igbos are in no competition with anyone as they are already blessed.

Biafra will be declared someday to the surprise of all who kicked against it thinking power belongs to them.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by foladara777(m): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2016
Funny... D liberal Democrats didn't pay attention to your agitations and u think a republican will? Or u think the united States doesn't have groups that want to secede...
....buh why rely on facts and reason when u are happy in your delusions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by dEastActivist: 8:34am On Nov 16, 2016
See them.. They don dey enter...
Hate bittered Devils...

Wail on.. The message has already been passed..
Fools...
I believe they backed Clinton thinking she will give them true federalism... cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 16, 2016
MyGeneration:
I am igbo... and i can tell u that those things written up there are not entirely true.
We igbos are not marginalized politically because of hate or anything but because of wrong political calculations and decisions.
You support Gej he lost and Apc won and re saying u are being marginalized politically. Is there someone who told you not to join Apc?
To make matters worse what were they supporting Gej for i dont know. None of them can point out one project Gej intiated in the east, federal roads zero, second Niger bridge zero, yet for reasons i dont know they were still supporting him.
To add salt to wound ever since Buhari won they have been acting like political militants, they keep attacking everything abt Buhari.
Out of no where a hate filled organisation dat is filled with ignorant, illitrates and semi literates appeared from no where and starts insulting everybody they can think of online and on radio.

I am igbo from imo state, before u start giving me dat afonja trash or northern muslim trash but if ipob or massob doesnt want to develop sense if sm1 like me deals with u guys ehhhh to u people wont be able to cough Biafra or even see it in ur dreams.

Who asked after your state of origin Ogbeni? In an over-exerted effort to caste an Igbo image you expose your insecurity, forcing down the toga down our throat.

You are more pro-Buhari than you're Igbo and that sounds crazy. You're no different from OkoroAwusa Governor of IMSG.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by eleojo23: 8:35am On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:
See them.. They don't dey enter...
Hate bittered Devils...

Wail on.. The message has already been passed..
Fools...
I believe they backed Clinton thinking he will give them true federalism... cheesy

I am surprised at this kind of reasoning.

Are you for real?

This sounds ridiculous.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by explorer250(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2016
DropShot:
The Igbo race needs to be studied as a research topic perhaps we can understand how a large set of a large group of people can be this gullible, irrational and weirdly emotional at the same time.

Why is it even difficult for these people to go their separate way if that is their choice?

Do they think any president of Nigeria will just say "oya Igbos, take this portion of Nigeria and have Biafra"?

If the Igbos are united about seceding, they should know how to do it methodically.

shame on the foolishness of afonjaism

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2016
Who did this to my people? angry angry angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2016
blackpanda:
Hahaha

Pathetic loosers! Trump dont like you. Trump dont care about your biafra shit and all the senseless noise you making! Go back to nigeria and improve the lives of your people not wasting time of frivolous fantasies. There is no country in the world that will support biafra. Why? Cos it doesnt exist!

Biafra is a mythical creation of france to gain share in nigeria's oil. It has absolutely nothing to do with helping igbos. Anything u cant achieve in nigeria, u sure as hell cant achieve it in any other country. Period!

As IPOB are sweating it out on their ambition. Why aren't you taking out your sweat on own life-ambitions, or you have none? Perhaps your life ambition is anti-IPOB, in that case you have no essential reason for existence.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2016
foladara777:
Funny... D liberal Democrats didn't pay attention to your agitations and u think a republican will? Or u think the united States doesn't have groups that want to secede...
....buh why rely on facts and reason when u are happy in your delusions
Don't give insinuations. You're not Republican being referred to by that Body.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2016
DropShot:

Oga, go take a back seat and patiently watch events unfold before you, 'stead of foaming allover this thread, constituting nuisance.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by dEastActivist: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2016
MyGeneration:

Igbos have honour and we vote in honour though except some zombies okorocha has brainwashed beyond repair using bewitching tactics...

I was expecting that you will be dissing Igbos 2015 political calculations based on say apc and buhari are living to expectation but alas you are foaming in the mouth with frustration vituperating outta context...

So Mr igbo, how has apc or buhari helped your life than giving you a platform to hate on Gej, a hero of democracy that if given the chance again Igbos will still vote him than a dullard herdsman destined to rear cattle in daura.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by MyGeneration(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2016
If u want to know d real definition of ignorance join dat radio Biafra london group nd see for yourself.
Of recent nollywood actor kenneth okonkwo is their new antagonist that they love to attack ever since he said he doesnt support Biafra.
Another igborance dat made me want to give up on them is when they wrote a stup1d article and said Lagos govt is dishing out levies on igbo traders. The question is does the Lagos state govt demand for state of origin card when demanding for tax or if they look your face nd u re not a yoruba or hausa they wud say pay this levy... is dat not ignorance. To make matters worst ipob nd der ignorant boys start boasting dat Lagos state is d richest state in Nigeria because of igbo traders angry. Am fed up with their level of ignorance and stupidity.
Another thing is if u try to reason with them and tell dem the truth they wud declare u a yoruba or hausa man. Or they wont even read in details what u ve to say instead they start insulting both u nd ur generation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by PedroJP(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2016
MyGeneration:

This is a class of imbecilic Afonja. Deception perfected to its peak.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2016
I wish them well

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by DropShot: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2016
Funnicator:

Oga, go take a back seat and patiently watch events unfold before you, 'stead of foaming allover this thread, constituting nuisance.
Abeg, get out of Nigeria joor.

Nigeria will be the better for it. Who wants to live with a people with victim mentality?

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by DropShot: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2016
explorer250:

shame on the foolishness of afonjaism
Idiocy, gullibility and senselessness of a people.
grin

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by PedroJP(m): 8:47am On Nov 16, 2016
MyGeneration:
If u want to know d real definition of ignorance join dat radio Biafra london group nd see for yourself.
Of recent nollywood actor kenneth okonkwo is their new antagonist that they love to attack ever since he said he doesnt support Biafra.
Another igborance dat made me want to give up on them is when they wrote a stup1d article and said Lagos govt is dishing out levies on igbo traders. The question is does the Lagos state govt demand for state of origin card when demanding for tax or if they look your face nd u re not a yoruba or hausa they wud say pay this levy... is dat not ignorance. To make matters worst ipob nd der ignorant boys start boasting dat Lagos state is d richest state in Nigeria because of igbo traders angry. Am fed up with their level of ignorance and stupidity.
Another thing is if u try to reason with them and tell dem the truth they wud declare u a yoruba or hausa man. Or they wont even read in details what u ve to say instead they start insulting both u nd ur generation.

Hahahaha. U already know that u and ur cursed generation from the fallen angel can never be Igbo.

Who doesn't know the present meaning of afonja should come and see this.

Height of afonjaism

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 16, 2016
DropShot:

Abeg, get out of Nigeria joor.

Nigeria will be the better for it. Who wants to live with a people with victim mentality?

Don't tell me to get out, work it. Go out to the streets with placards bearing "Yoruba's support Igbo's on Biafra actualization", don't descecrate Nairaland with useless words. Work talk more than talk.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by MyGeneration(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2016
Funnicator:

Who asked after your state of origin Ogbeni? In an over-exerted effort to caste an Igbo image you expose your insecurity, forcing down the toga down our throat.

You are more pro-Buhari than you're Igbo and that sounds crazy. You're no different from OkoroAwusa Governor of IMSG.

I dont blame Okorocha for what he did to imo state i blame u people for ur excessive ignorance nd hate for d truthh. The day i came to imo state nd had a tour of my deae state i told my imo siblings dat rochas is a scam, but the ipob way of thinking took over they called me a fool dat i dobt hv sense now u people re der suffering your bad roads and blaming Buhari.
Thats how am warning u people me dat hv igbo interests at mind let go of Biafra again d ipob way of reasoning is taking over until u people wud experience what i hv been warning u about this time u people wud blame north or maybe Trump.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by dEastActivist: 8:51am On Nov 16, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Who did this to my people? angry angry angry

liar... Ondo indigent claiming igbo...
Quite Shameful of these afonjas cheesy

NgeneUkwenu:
You Are Welcome My Chairman!

We The Good People Of Ondo State, Love You!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by dEastActivist: 8:53am On Nov 16, 2016
DropShot:

Idiocy, gullibility and senselessness of a people.
grin

Afonjas you mean?? cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by MyGeneration(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

Igbos have honour and we vote in honour though except some zombies okorocha has brainwashed beyond repair using bewitching tactics...

I was expecting that you will be dissing Igbos 2015 political calculations based on say apc and buhari are living to expectation but alas you are foaming in the mouth with frustration vituperating outta context...

So Mr igbo, how has apc or buhari helped your life than giving you a platform to hate on Gej, a hero of democracy that if given the chance again Igbos will still vote him than a dullard herdsman destined to rear cattle in daura.

Please cm and point out what igbos benefited from your hesro nd why we shud support him.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by DropShot: 8:55am On Nov 16, 2016
Funnicator:

Don't tell me to get out, work it. Go out to the streets with placards bearing "Yoruba's support Igbo's on Biafra actualization", don't descecrate Nairaland with useless words. Work talk more than talk.
That's what I said earlier. You guys are so clueless you don't know how to achieve your utopia Biafra.
Why should you need any other tribe, especially those you curse, and abuse on daily basis, to assist you in the pursuit of your aspiration?

The only way I can help you is through my daily prayer for successful actualization of your dream.
Personally, I like to see your back. I hate sharing the same country with a people so bittered, hateful and gullible.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by DropShot: 8:56am On Nov 16, 2016
dEastActivist:

Afonjas you mean?? cheesy
LiePods I mean. grin

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Seek Audience With Trump by dEastActivist: 8:56am On Nov 16, 2016
Funnicator:

Na their way of life... Too much talk no action..
They only form superhero with their one man per vote syndrome...
Nah for election period dem think say dey get strength, dey lift yeye shoulder for Igbos... But we will dominate that aspect soon after the Igbos have been sensitized fully on the premises of making their vote count during election

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Trolls Gov. Bello Of Kogi State - See How / Pres. Buhari, Atiku Not Qualified To Rule Nigeria,Olawepo Hashim (video) / The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.