Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today (6828 Views)

Download Gb Whatsapp 5.20 With New User Interface And Other Features / Allo Vs. Whatsapp: Which Is Better For You? / Bbm Vs Whatsapp: Why Is Whatsapp So Popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
let me start by saying that, Telegram messenger is definitely the closest rival to the popular Whatsapp messenger at the moment. And very soon, we will see a whatsapp versus Telegram messenger competition in the market. Before you take a side, let me give you five “5” reasons for you to download and try out Telegram Messenger.

http://www.gsmgist.com/2015/09/telegram-vs-whatsapp-5-reasons-to.html
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2015
cooldays:
let me start by saying that, Telegram messenger is definitely the closest rival to the popular Whatsapp messenger at the moment. And very soon, we will see a whatsapp versus Telegram messenger competition in the market. Before you take a side, let me give you five “5” reasons for you to download and try out Telegram Messenger.

You are a fool. If u can't state reasons here, gtfo.

5 Likes

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Demigods:

Thanks for calling me a fool, atleast the world will know the real fool

1 Like

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Justiyke4u: 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
You have 5 reasons I should download telegram but let me give you only one reason why I shouldn't have downloaded it. Out of my 244 contacts only 3 persons have telegram and some last visit was Feb 2014 and am also sure that even this your telegram compete with whatsapp in other countries not in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2015
Justiyke4u:
You have 5 reasons I should download telegram but let me give you only one reason why I shouldn't have downloaded it. Out of my 244 contacts only 3 persons have telegram and some last visit was Feb 2014 and am also sure that even this your telegram compete with whatsapp in other countries not in Nigeria
lol
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by moruphb: 11:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
No fighting guys, let me help here

Reason 1: Pricing

Like I said, Whatsapp will soon charge every user one US dollar per year “they might earn over 800 Million dollar from this alone”. This might push some users to switch to other application that are free such as Telegram. Telegram can do everything Whatsapp can do and the parent company said that Telegram will always be free and without adverts. It is a very big promise that will attract users to the application. Or who don’t want things to be free?

Reason 2: Security

One area that Telegram Messenger is good at without doubt is the way they handle security. The application is so secured that the Iranian government requested that some features be removed in the way information coming in/out of their country is handled. The company behind Telegram is always requesting for ethical  hackers to try break into their framework to test how secured it is. They recently organized a man-in-the-middle attack challenge to test how secured is the flow of messages between users and nobody was able to compromise the information flow.

Reason 3: Better Chat experience

They don't need to tell me this because one of the things I notice while using the Telegram Messenger is the smoothness of the conversation. Delivery of message seems to be faster on Telegram than on Whatsapp. There is also the ability to engage in private chat sessions. There is the ability to set an in-app timer to make your conservation self destruct "this feature is free on Telegram, not available on WhatsApp and it's a paid service on BBM". What is better that saying something and let it disappear forever. I guess you are beinging to have some wonderful ideas.

Reason 4: Stickers

Whenever I chat with friends on BBM and I send them stickers, they mostly asked me how can they get such stickers too. I am in Nigeria for some of you that is feeling like it is not possible. I had to pay 1.6 dollars for the last set of stickers I bought from the BBM store. When ever I tell them the cost, they mostly tell me to forget about it. Now stickers is available free of charge on Telegram. It might not be as rich as those on BBM but it is free and they can always add more stickers with time. Whatsapp Messenger do not have stickers at the moment and people using whatsapp might not know what they are missing.

Reason 5: Cloud Storage and Multiple Access

One complain I get often from BBM and Whatsapp users is that they sometimes lose their chat history when changing from one device to another. When you change devices, you can hardly get back your chat history unless they are saved on a memory card. Telegram Messenger stores your chat history using cloud server technology. That means you have you chat history at a secured location. This best part about this is that, if you log into your account from another device, you chat history is waiting for you. This is one cool idea i guess.

3 Likes

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 6:37am On Sep 02, 2015
Justiyke4u:

When I started with whatsapp, it is just as bad as that. I can assure you that Telegram will grow if they get it right.
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 6:40am On Sep 02, 2015
moruphb:

Like I said, Whatsapp will soon charge every user one US dollar per year “they might earn over 800 Million dollar from this alone”. This might push some users to switch to other application that are free such as Telegram. Telegram can do everything Whatsapp can do and the parent company said that Telegram will always be free and without adverts. It is a very big promise that will attract users to the application. Or who don’t want things to be free?

One area that Telegram Messenger is good at without doubt is the way they handle security. The application is so secured that the Iranian government requested that some features be removed in the way information coming in/out of their country is handled. The company behind Telegram is always requesting for ethical  hackers to try break into their framework to test how secured it is. They recently organized a man-in-the-middle attack challenge to test how secured is the flow of messages between users and nobody was able to compromise the information flow.

They don't need to tell me this because one of the things I notice while using the Telegram Messenger is the smoothness of the conversation. Delivery of message seems to be faster on Telegram than on Whatsapp. There is also the ability to engage in private chat sessions. There is the ability to set an in-app timer to make your conservation self destruct "this feature is free on Telegram, not available on WhatsApp and it's a paid service on BBM". What is better that saying something and let it disappear forever. I guess you are beinging to have some wonderful ideas.

Whenever I chat with friends on BBM and I send them stickers, they mostly asked me how can they get such stickers too. I am in Nigeria for some of you that is feeling like it is not possible. I had to pay 1.6 dollars for the last set of stickers I bought from the BBM store. When ever I tell them the cost, they mostly tell me to forget about it. Now stickers is available free of charge on Telegram. It might not be as rich as those on BBM but it is free and they can always add more stickers with time. Whatsapp Messenger do not have stickers at the moment and people using whatsapp might not know what they are missing.

One complain I get often from BBM and Whatsapp users is that they sometimes lose their chat history when changing from one device to another. When you change devices, you can hardly get back your chat history unless they are saved on a memory card. Telegram Messenger stores your chat history using cloud server technology. That means you have you chat history at a secured location. This best part about this is that, if you log into your account from another device, you chat history is waiting for you. This is one cool idea i guess.

Thanks but it's not too good post such. U don me as much damage.
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 6:41am On Sep 02, 2015
For those on Telegram, drop ur number or password and let connect in a group.
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Mafia4life(m): 6:56am On Sep 02, 2015
cooldays:

Thanks for calling me a fool, atleast the world will know the real fool
The real world knows that you did something foolish. The world might choose you to be the fool here. But ain't calling you a fool. Just giving you tips
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 7:14am On Sep 02, 2015
Mafia4life:
The real world knows that you did something foolish. The world might choose you to be the fool here. But ain't calling you a fool. Just giving you tips

If I take time to write out an article and someone is lazy to go read it only to say "you are a fool". He is surely foolish. I hold my intellectual property right.

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Craven: 7:56am On Sep 02, 2015
Demigods:

Calling someone a fool to prove a point does not make you superior. It does not make your argument more valid than the other person's. Any civilized person knows this. Calling someone names only portrays you as immature, and it invalidates your point.

It won't cost you anything to lay down your argument like a properly-mannered person. This is not secondary school, you don't have to be rude.

6 Likes

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Mafia4life(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2015
cooldays:

If I take time to write out an article and someone is lazy to go read it only to say "you are a fool". He is surely foolish. I hold my intellectual property right.
Actually, it pisses one up to find out there was nothing to read about. Is just link. It is not worth taking readers extra miles and time when you are marketing telegram. What's wrong to use copy and paste technology? Rather than dropping additional address that will pull us out from our choice of website?
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Funnybro(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2015
Gmail Auto-purge can help keep your mailbox clean and crisp. for more visit the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/how-to-auto-purge-your-gmail-inbox-or-label-delete-your-old-mails-authomatically/
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by sorextee(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Telegram, whatsapp, Viber, wechat. all are platforms, where the CIA spy on us.

cooldays:

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2015
Mafia4life:
Actually, it pisses one up to find out there was nothing to read about. Is just link. It is not worth taking readers extra miles and time when you are marketing telegram. What's wrong to use copy and paste technology? Rather than dropping additional address that will pull us out from our choice of website?

Thanks you very much. I appreciate ur submission. The reason for dropping linking now is due to the strict rules of plagiarism by Google. nairaland is ranked above most site and if one is not careful, it can hurt a blogger.
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 8:51am On Sep 02, 2015
sorextee:
Telegram, whatsapp, Viber, wechat. all are platforms, where the CIA spy on us.

Even China dey collect our info just because we carry our money buy China smart phones
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by sorextee(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2015
Ha, those ones na baba.. that's why I will never use an android fone.

cooldays:

Even China dey collect our info just because we carry our money buy China smart phones
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Adatob(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2015
K
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 9:28am On Sep 02, 2015
sorextee:
Ha, those ones na baba.. that's why I will never use an android fone.

WHERE SHOULD WE RUN TOO? FROM THE CHINESE TO THE AMERICANS
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by sorextee(m): 9:40am On Sep 02, 2015
We are all slaves to technology.. sad sadwhich is very sad..

cooldays:

WHERE SHOULD WE RUN TOO? FROM THE CHINESE TO THE AMERICANS

1 Like

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2015
sorextee:
We are all slaves to technology.. sad sadwhich is very sad..

YA... AND WE ARE GETTING MORE ENTANGLED BY THE DAY
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Advans(m): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2015
moruphb:

ur 5 reasons r filmsy n baseless. FYI whatsapp has cloud storage. u can always retrieve ur chat history if u change fone
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
Advans:

ur 5 reasons r filmsy n baseless. FYI whatsapp has cloud storage. u can always retrieve ur chat history if u change fone

Whr is the cloud storage... Point us all to it. If you fone is lost, whr will u find ur chat history. They are trying to work on it but still in beta.

What is based in that an app is free, is WhatsApp free now?

Google and check the level of Telegram security and compare with whatsapp here.

When will private chat comes to whatsapp.

Teach us by answering those questions and I will apply write them out again
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
Craven:

Calling someone a fool to prove a point does not make you superior. It does not make your argument more valid than the other person's. Any civilized person knows this. Calling someone names only portrays you as immature, and it invalidates your point.

It won't cost you anything to lay down your argument like a properly-mannered person. This is not secondary school, you don't have to be rude.

And this ain't secondary school where you lecture me undecided
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Craven: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Demigods:

And this ain't secondary school where you lecture me undecided

Oh? I'm sorry. Well carry on then. Please, do not stop being immature. smiley

1 Like

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Danelo(m): 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
dis thread sha......only few pple making sense. d OP n dat oda felo just dey misbehave.
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by nani667: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
If it's based on features..., Telegram is waay better.... The only thing Whatsapp has that telegram doesn't is voice call feature, and I'm sure telegram will integrate that soon..... Telegram has loads of features that Whatsapp doesn't..... It's just that Whatsapp is more popular ✔

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by Valentinooo: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
And the best of them all is that u can send files of any format to ur friends and group and they will receive and download directly without any hassle. This feature is very good in a group where people always request for links to some files, just upload it to the group and every other persons can download it. Unlike in WhatsApp whereby u give link today and few days later another person will be requesting for that same link.

1 Like

Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by ewizard1: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ok, cooldays got that wrong.

To tell you the truth, when I opened this thread and found out you actually redirected the post. The first thing I said was "Fool" even tho I wasnt going to reply with it.
IMO, you shouldnt trick or force people to visit your blog. Post good stuff here with your blog URL and people would rush there to find more.
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
ewizard1:
Ok, cooldays got that wrong.

To tell you the truth, when I opened this thread and found out you actually redirected the post. The first thing I said was "Fool" even tho I wasnt going to reply with it.
IMO, you shouldnt trick or force people to visit your blog. Post good stuff here with your blog URL and people would rush there to find more.

That is not my method. And am sorry if u don't like that. If one method look foolish to u, what of urs
Re: Telegram Vs Whatsapp: 5 Reasons To Download Telegram Today by cooldays(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
Valentinooo:
And the best of them all is that u can send files of any format to ur friends and group and they will receive and download directly without any hassle. This feature is very good in a group where people always request for links to some files, just upload it to the group and every other persons can download it. Unlike in WhatsApp whereby u give link today and few days later another person will be requesting for that same link.

And u can upload files far bigger than that of whatsapp using telegram

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Decode Calls Made With An 'unknown Number' ? / Mtn: we’re Not Under Pressure To List Shares In Nigeria / Help! How Can I Shop On Aliexpress Above 100 Us Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.