Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,304 members, 7,867,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? (1023 Views)

Bode George Defeated In His Polling Unit / Can PDP be A viable Opposition Party? / Can PDP Force Speaker Aminu Tambuwal To Resign? -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by exotica(m): 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2009
Everyday I keep wondering about the dominance of the PDP in the Nigerian Political Terrain. I wonder what good this is in a multi-party Political System which the nation seeks to operate upon. I think for the nation to progress with the speed of a torpedo, other parties must be allowed to enjoy an equitable machinery for campaigns, and equal representation in the electoral commission. I believe all members of the Electoral Commission are members of the PDP as they are appointed by the nation's number one man. Please , someone should tell me what hope the other political parties have? What strategies cvan be employed to win more states from the PDP?[/b][b][/b][b]
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 02, 2009
A transperant judiciary thats all we need in this country not any strategy to win PDP. cool
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2009
I wonder what good this is in a[b] multi-party Political System [/b] which the nation seeks to operate upon.

This is what the Nigerian government wants the world to believe. But the truth of the matter is power would still rotate among a particular set of people for years to come irrespective of whatever party name they align themselves with.
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by TCUBE(m): 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2009
not going to happen, they grown so big and powerful. They control virtually everything in nigeria, its more of a one party state
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by Lagosboy: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2009
They can be defeated by getting rid all the imbeciles in the cabal who have been ruling us since independence. They should all be kicked out and sent to the abyss of political extinction. OBJ 76 - 79 ,IBB 85-93 , OBJ 99 - 2007, Yaradua senior no 2 76 - 79, yaradua junior 2007 - God knows. All these men are members of PDP. Anenih is abt 80 and has been around since the 70s as well. Adamu chiroma been in govt since the 60's he ws the PDP convention chairman that selected yaradua.

all these old men are nothing but waste of space and their presence would forver spell doom for our dear nation.

1 Like

Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2009
the average nigerian refusing to accept hand outs/bribes for voting,and even if they do,dissappoint the bribe givers by voting their conscience all the same.

by voting credible candidates in overwhelming numbers making it really difficult for inec to fiddle with numbers, if a pdp candidate is behind by a few tens of thousands,the onus will be on him/her to seek help from inec and that ll be easy for an inec official to do, but if he/she is behind by a few hundreds of thousands,then that l be so obvious that the inec official will be helpless.

altruistic political leaders who can inspire and serve as a catalyst for change
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by blacksta(m): 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2009
WMD at the next political conference
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by exotica(m): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2009
BLACKSTA, my brother , pls wat do u mean by WMD? Is it [b]W[/b]atch [b]M[/b]umu [b]D[/b]isplay?
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by blacksta(m): 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2009
exotica:

BLACKSTA, my brother , pls wat do u mean by WMD? Is it [b]W[/b]atch [b]M[/b]umu [b]D[/b]isplay?

no bey that one. Weapon of mass destruction, anthrax, akara, hydrogen bomb , killer virus etc
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by exotica(m): 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2009
From the replies so far got, the problem lies in the political campaigns, the corrupt practises of the PDP and the EGUNJE nature of the common man who wouldn't love to miss out of the political largesse. The problem is not with the judiciary system as it has proven itself in reinstating rightful winners of elections , not minding who is involved.

I also think the PDP can be defeated if credible candidates are paraded by opposition parties. Last election was so bad. The opposition parties did not do much campaigning. Most limited their campaigns to cities like Lagos and Abuja. I did not see somebody like Pat Utomi or Chris Okotie here in Calabar. Or they sent representatives. That, I don't Know!

The masses should also change their mind set. Nigerians vote for parties and not candidates. This makes it difficult to get the right people on the seat.

B4 I go, let me congratulate the Labour Party over their victory in Edo state. The Bendelites, I HOPE YOUR ALUTA GOVERNOR IS DOING WELL!
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by abuja4real: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
They can be defeated by getting rid all the imbeciles in the cabal who have been ruling us since independence. They should all be kicked out and sent to the abyss of political extinction. OBJ 76 - 79 ,IBB 85-93 , OBJ 99 - 2007, Yaradua senior no 2 76 - 79, yaradua junior 2007 - God knows. All these men are members of PDP. Anenih is abt 80 and has been around since the 70s as well. Adamu chiroma been in govt since the 60's he ws the PDP convention chairman that selected yaradua.

all these old men are nothing but waste of space and their presence would forver spell doom for our dear nation

the leaders since independemce still the leaders of TODAY.
AS LONG AS THIS OLD CROOKS ARE RULING THERE IS NO HOPE.
NO NATION WAS CHANGED BY AN OLD MAN

REBRANDING LOL
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by exotica(m): 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2009
the leaders since independemce still the leaders of TODAY.
AS LONG AS THIS OLD CROOKS ARE RULING THERE IS NO HOPE.
NO NATION WAS CHANGED BY AN OLD MAN

REBRANDING LOL
[quote][/quote]

it is believed that J J Rawlings of Ghana killed all the corrupt leaders in Ghana before they started enjoying all they are enjoying now as a nation. Do you think that can be done here in NIgeria?
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by luckiest: 12:30am On Apr 08, 2009
it is possible to knockout PDP; a Free and Fair Election is the Answer; or why do you think they rejected the most important part the white paper (selection of the INEC Chairman); see what they want to do at Ekiti what a shame; if the party is so strong they should leave their governorship aspirant to campaign by himself; today Yar Adua is in Ekiti, tomorrow Yar Adua is in Ekiti what a shame we should be prepared to match these people vote by vote in 2011. It is only criminals that act the way these bunch of idiots acts; ha ba common Ekiti
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by AntiNigerian: 10:30am On Nov 17, 2023
Well if the people in this thread are still around/alive. It's the year 2023. The topic now should be, How on Earth can APC cease to exist?😒

1 Like

Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by naijaboy756: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2023
AntiNigerian:
Well if the people in this thread are still around/alive. It's the year 2023. The topic now should be, How on Earth can APC cease to exist?😒
These are the smaller demons sent and used to destroy Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by Arda1000(m): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2023
AntiNigerian:
swears down
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by lexylaw40: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
The demise of pdp was eminent the moment obj decided to sideline Babangida after 2003 elections and he Obj totally blew it when he decided to fight against atiku the "Babangida boy" and handed over power to a dieing Yaradua knowing fully well that yaradua will not make 4 yrs in office. Thereby systematically favouring his brother Goodluck Jonathan.
Obj had the chance of correcting his errors and make up with the north ( Babangida) during the 2011 pdp primaries after Babangida stepped down for Atiku but what did he do.. he went ahead to use his influence to rally support for Jonathan. Well after Jonathan won the election , Jonathan immediately threw Obasanjo under the bus 🚍, ...well as they say THE REST IS HISTORY

1 Like

Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by Throwback: 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2023
The answer to the OP's question is called Tinubu.

Thankfully, we have this kind of thread to remind us that PDP was an albatross and obstacle to Nigerian development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by naijaboy756: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2023
Throwback:

Thankfully, we have this kind of thread to remind us that PDP was an albatross and obstacle to Nigerian development.

You dey reason from nyash

How can PDP be obstacle to Nigeria's development?

APC you meant to say?
Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by Ikaeniyan0: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2023
Throwback:

PDP achieved almost nothing between 1999 and 2015.

2 Likes

Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by lexylaw40: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
PDP achieved almost nothing between 1999 and 2015.
absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: How On Earth Can Pdp Be Defeated In Nigeria? by naijaboy756: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2023
when mumu's talk you will know (Like the 2 above)

APC achieved setback, death, banditry, economic backwardness and hunger

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Achieve Real Electoral Reforms Before The Next Election? / Ecowas Accepts Blames For Regional Tragedies / Remi Babalola Quits Jonathan's Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.