Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA (36239 Views)

Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / Nigerian Embassy Has No Stamp In South Africa, As Man Blasts Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Laryne(m): 11:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
hakimade:
are spoiling the nations name more or u are reporting femi to the world?

Spoiling the nation's name as how? Its people like you that are secretly spoiling this country. So because of the nation's image corrupt people should be overlooked? na wa for you o...well thats how smart you are though!

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by rebranded(m): 11:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
It is time Buhari removes all those PDP Ambassadors and get people to clean up our embassies!!!
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by mmabubakar(m): 12:03am On Sep 03, 2015
Its really sad to hear this, but I think since these useless people (femi and ifeanyi) have been in the act for long from what I read the DSS should have heard about this and they should quickly try and do something about this!!!
Because the earlier the better!
PMB must hear this o!
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by SmartMugu: 12:08am On Sep 03, 2015
Yomieluv:
Not surprised..

Even at home,those in civil service carry themselves like a demi-god...

That's Nigeria for you.
Yup, even those at the Nigerian airports aren't spared. They hustle you when you return and hustle you on your way back.
Yet we all blame currupt leaders when even the civil servants are damn so currupt. It's really frustrating.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by mmabubakar(m): 12:17am On Sep 03, 2015
Its really sad to hear this, but I think since these useless people (femi and ifeanyi) have been in the act for long from what I read the DSS should have heard about this and they should quickly try and do something about this!!!
Because the earlier the better!
PMB must hear this o!

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by michaelmo11(m): 12:27am On Sep 03, 2015
I guess that lackadaisical attitude knows no borders...I wonder if people from outside pay at all for our visas before coming into our messed up abode called Nigeria. Imagine since the month of May which I went to register for NIN @ the NIMC office, I am just getting a confirmation message today ((Sept 03)) (something which shouldn't take up to 2 weeks).
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by guiddoti: 1:45am On Sep 03, 2015
what do we expect from polluted and corrupt people if not bribe. Attending to foreigners faster than local citizens is very shameful
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by mikolo80: 2:43am On Sep 03, 2015
madejibo:
Yesterday: Now getting frustrated: A friend of mine in Cape Town wants to convert his Nigerian Driver's license to South African Driver's license. The process entails the holder of the Nigerian driver's license to take his license to the SA traffic department and apply for SA's license. The SA traffic department will now email the Nigerian Embassy to confirm if the license the applicant has tendered is real. This is where the wahala starts.
My friend followed this process and the SA traffic dept sent a mail to cg@nigeria.co.za for verification since June and up to date no response by the Nigerian Embassy. I was at the embassy (in Ilovo, Johannesburg) two weeks ago I met a very rude embassy official Femi and he went inside claiming that the person in charge said no email was received. I conveyed this to my friend in cape town and he went back to SA Traffic Dept and the officials sent another email on the 24th of August to Nigerian Embassy, yet no reply.

Today 1st of September 2015, I got here at 9 am, I met Femi again he said the woman in charge of such issue hasn't come to work, this is 12 noon SA time she is still not at work, and the embassy closes at 1 pm.

There is a woman here, her passport is missing she has applied since 3 months ago, no response, nothing. She is in tears and can't write exams and all yet the embassy staff are not bothered. Please repost this.

I am still at the embassy am waiting for them to chase me out at 1pm

Today: Still on my visit to the Nigerian Consulate in Ilovo, Sandton, Johannesburg. (I initially posted a story yesterday)

I finally left the Consulate at about 1:40pm yesterday, without any solution to the problem, I was told the woman that checks emails, Mrs Obidi is not in the office (in other words, she didn't come to work yesterday) so every one that had similar issues will have to come back another day. Some people came from Cape Town (cape town is about 20hours by road to Johannesburg or 2 hours by flight), some came from neighboring Southern African countries like Swaziland and Lesotho.
While in the Consulate, the only two members of staff that you are allowed to see are Femi and Ifeanyi. These two guys are corruption personified. I have heard about Femi since my days in cape town, he only attends to people that offer him money, you don't need a sting operation to confirm this. For people who wants to apply for passports, after paying the recommended fees online, you proceed to submit your application to Femi with R120 cash. This R120 cash is not stated anywhere on the website, you don't get any receipt for this R120. Then Femi will tell you if you want your passport application to be attended to you have to pay R2000 (roughly 30,000 Naira).

One interesting thing is if your passport gets missing in SA, you can't get a replacement in SA, they tell such a person to go to Abuja. They can only issue such a person an emergency travel certificate. They can only assist you if that missing passport was printed in SA. They can also assist if you are ready to bribe heavily.

Visas are granted easily to foreigners with little or no questioning, with little or no paper work. Visas are granted and issued on the spot, depending on how much you pay. This is very worrisome. Only visa applicants are allowed to pass through Femi and Ifeanyi. I once passed through Femi and Ifeanyi just to see what happens at the visa application center and I was shocked! Please friends share these around till authorities see this. I am ready to go to any length to defend this, please don't hesitate to quote my name if need be. For now am a resident of Johannesburg, South Africa.
wetin do your hand. you fit write this nonsense bet you no fit complain to their oga. Abi
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by laoma15(m): 3:03am On Sep 03, 2015
This has come down to only one thing "money ". When you make money out of someone by inflicting them on them, it won't go down well with you and your descendants. It's a fact and I wonder why people don't learn from history.

Why is that most people think that money is the only solution to their problems. This is a major problem with most Nigerians. Extortion, bribery, and corruption.

The individuals need to examine themselves carefully and have a re-think. Nigeria embassies everywhere are nothing to write home about.

I will advise that undercover investigators be send to every Nigeria embassy abroad for fact findings. The office of the vice president should handle this to ensure proper cleansing of Nigeria embassies in order to restore discipline and orderliness.

People should continue to voice out thier grievances until the authority do something about this ugly trend.

I wil recommend that Femi and Ifeayi be investigated immediately and placed on compolsory leave and if found culpable should be fired.

More customer oriented people should be deployed to Nigeria embassies. The best and the very best should be the ones representing our Country in our embassies over the World.

Coming back home, every sector of the government establishment need proper clean up. Every individual also need to stop giving money at every instance all in the name of getting things done quickly. If people don't give, they will learn to make do with their salaries.

If you see something, say something!
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by AreaFada2: 3:49am On Sep 03, 2015
agarawu23:
not only SA, it's everywhere.
This silly set of ppl working in Nigeria embassy will never attend to you until you bribe them . at times you will feel like crying. Foolish people. Like say den know dey collect salary.

Well, many got into those positions through bribery too. To get to pay/buy the job, they would be told that the money is peanuts compared to what they can make. If they are smart.

Corruption has eaten so deep into the fabric of the nation. Those waiting for body language to change it, good luck!

3 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by AreaFada2: 3:52am On Sep 03, 2015
laoma15:
This has come down to only one thing "money ". When you make money out of someone by inflicting them on them, it won't go down well with you and your descendants. It's a fact and I wonder why people don't learn from history.

Why is that most people think that money is the only solution to their problems. This is a major problem with most Nigerians. Extortion, bribery, and corruption.

The individuals need to examine themselves carefully and have a re-think. Nigeria embassies everywhere are nothing to write home about.

I will advise that undercover investigators be send to every Nigeria embassy abroad for fact findings. The office of the vice president should handle this to ensure proper cleansing of Nigeria embassies in order to restore discipline and orderliness.

People should continue to voice out thier grievances until the authority do something about this ugly trend.

I wil recommend that Femi and Ifeayi be investigated immediately and placed on compolsory leave and if found culpable should be fired.

More customer oriented people should be deployed to Nigeria embassies. The best and the very best should be the ones representing our Country in our embassies over the World.

Coming back home, every sector of the government establishment need proper clean up. Every individual also need to stop giving money at every instance all in the name of getting things done quickly. If people don't give, they will learn to make do with their salaries.

If you see something, say something!

Kikikikikiki. cheesy grin. Undercover ke? Even if you arrive in helicopters totting guns & wearing EFFC/ICPC vests, you will still catch them red-handed. They are too brazen to need undercover.

Don't forget that Femi and co in this case are tax collectors, the money goes higher up too. You think other staff don't know? It's like police bail & DPO.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by staggerlee: 4:43am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
wetin do your hand. you fit write this nonsense bet you no fit complain to their oga. Abi
Why do you feel the OP wrote nonsense?

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by olalat(m): 4:49am On Sep 03, 2015
U are just a generic mad man talking with 2 sides of his mouth.
AreaFada2:

Well, many got into those positions through bribery too. To get to pay/buy the job, they would be told that the money is peanuts compared to what they can make. If they are smart.

Corruption has eaten so deep into the fabric of the nation. Those waiting for body language to change it, good luck!
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by secretsofpeace(m): 5:15am On Sep 03, 2015
hakimade:

Bro quit thinking thru ur nose! Pple like u is the problem naija is facing... Femi and ur likes shld face firing squad

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by secretsofpeace(m): 5:21am On Sep 03, 2015
hakimade:

quit thinking thru ur nose! Pple like u are the problem naija is facing... Femi and ur likes shld face firing squad
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by AreaFada2: 5:49am On Sep 03, 2015
olalat:
U are just a generic mad man talking with 2 sides of his mouth.
Look at an Aro and Yaba left veteran talking with his anus. cheesy Is that not how you and your corrupt cohort role? You don't like being exposed? Then do the right thing. cool
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by 175(m): 5:53am On Sep 03, 2015
Who else noticed this thread has been peaceful and with geniue condemnations so far? cheesycheesy

The involvement of a certain Femi and Ifeanyi put the tribal warlords at leash. . . . gringringrin

Igbo and Yoruba, the second bane of Nigeria!
Oya minorities plus Hausa it's a field day gringrin
Alas we won't because we reason better than them!

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by mikolo80: 5:55am On Sep 03, 2015
staggerlee:

Why do you feel the OP wrote nonsense?
just trying to get a reaction to see if he or she is serious
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Memyselfu2009(m): 5:59am On Sep 03, 2015
corruption is just every where.. it is a cankerworm that has eating deep into the fabric of our society
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Osisie(m): 6:02am On Sep 03, 2015
Wetin this op still dey do for SA? undecided

Niggaaa, u wan die? lipsrsealed

Come house b4 dem finish u o. angry
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by pacespot(m): 6:13am On Sep 03, 2015
madejibo:
Yesterday: Now getting frustrated: A friend of mine in Cape Town wants to convert his Nigerian Driver's license to South African Driver's license. The process entails the holder of the Nigerian driver's license to take his license to the SA traffic department and apply for SA's license. The SA traffic department will now email the Nigerian Embassy to confirm if the license the applicant has tendered is real. This is where the wahala starts.
My friend followed this process and the SA traffic dept sent a mail to cg@nigeria.co.za for verification since June and up to date no response by the Nigerian Embassy. I was at the embassy (in Ilovo, Johannesburg) two weeks ago I met a very rude embassy official Femi and he went inside claiming that the person in charge said no email was received. I conveyed this to my friend in cape town and he went back to SA Traffic Dept and the officials sent another email on the 24th of August to Nigerian Embassy, yet no reply.

Today 1st of September 2015, I got here at 9 am, I met Femi again he said the woman in charge of such issue hasn't come to work, this is 12 noon SA time she is still not at work, and the embassy closes at 1 pm.

There is a woman here, her passport is missing she has applied since 3 months ago, no response, nothing. She is in tears and can't write exams and all yet the embassy staff are not bothered. Please repost this.

Today: Still on my visit to the Nigerian Consulate in Ilovo, Sandton, Johannesburg. (I initially posted a story yesterday)

I finally left the Consulate at about 1:40pm yesterday, without any solution to the problem, I was told the woman that checks emails, Mrs Obidi is not in the office (in other words, she didn't come to work yesterday) so every one that had similar issues will have to come back another day. Some people came from Cape Town (cape town is about 20hours by road to Johannesburg or 2 hours by flight), some came from neighboring Southern African countries like Swaziland and Lesotho.
While in the Consulate, the only two members of staff that you are allowed to see are Femi and Ifeanyi. These two guys are corruption personified. I have heard about Femi since my days in cape town, he only attends to people that offer him money, you don't need a sting operation to confirm this. For people who wants to apply for passports, after paying the recommended fees online, you proceed to submit your application to Femi with R120 cash. This R120 cash is not stated anywhere on the website, you don't get any receipt for this R120. Then Femi will tell you if you want your passport application to be attended to you have to pay R2000 (roughly 30,000 Naira).

One interesting thing is if your passport gets missing in SA, you can't get a replacement in SA, they tell such a person to go to Abuja. They can only issue such a person an emergency travel certificate. They can only assist you if that missing passport was printed in SA. They can also assist if you are ready to bribe heavily.

Visas are granted easily to foreigners with little or no questioning, with little or no paper work. Visas are granted and issued on the spot, depending on how much you pay. This is very worrisome. Only visa applicants are allowed to pass through Femi and Ifeanyi. I once passed through Femi and Ifeanyi just to see what happens at the visa application center and I was shocked! Please friends share these around till authorities see this. I am ready to go to any length to defend this, please don't hesitate to quote my name if need be. For now am a resident of Johannesburg, South Africa.

This is why I don't join Nigerians to sing their favorite song of calling their government corrupt. Because most Nigerians are worse than those people in power they tag with corruption. Like Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo said I quote "If Nigerians cannot have a single government that's worthy of their praise since independence, then they should all go to hell". He made that statement at the heat of the moment when grand corruption in Jonathan'government was causing serious shock waves in the polity, cynically calling nigerians wicked people who don't deserve good government. You won't say that's totally unfair if you consider it's coming from a man who has ruled this country under two different dispensations, and who's widely revered as an elder statesman in his country. Means he knows the people more than they even know themselves.

Today - with the change of government - the people who are supposed to be aimed with Clubs and Stones by Nigerians are those workers in parastatals and other government establishments. The civil and public servants are the worst enemy that nigerians face today. The president and governors can have a change of hearts if they discovered things are going south, and the depleting treachery can no longer fund their extravagant lifestyles. But the civil servants have been deeply enmeshed in corruption that it's almost impossible for them to even imagine their work without the menace. And these are the people who are the closest to the masses and will be the first to condemn government corruption for nation travail. You might say Obasanjo had a case when he labeled Nigerians wicked.

I recently went to my alma mater for my official transcripts when I needed to send it with an application. On getting to Exams and Records office, I saw a string of students lining up in front of a closed door waiting to be attended to. Since this is the office where I needed to pick a form, I zoomed on, knocked the door (After all, I'm no longer a student to be joining the queue). I was hearing blurred response from inside as I knocked, since I couldn't pick up what the person was saying, I decided to open up. On getting in, I found a lady slouching on a chair, obviously just relaxing, imagine!. So she was just in the office doing nothing while keeping students outside, well non of my business!, I quickly got my stuff, signed, and then compensated her with a cold look before leaving - but I made sure the door wasn't close because some of the students were already standing by it.

It was latter I found out that the lady that kept students waiting outside for long was also a student, she was just on work-study. Imagine! what kind of a person would she become if found herself in a top political post tomorrow. This same character like this lady is what an average nigerian exhibits, and this is what they take into public offices. Maybe it's a Pride, Inferiority Complex, Superiority Complex, or an unrepentant hate on themselves. Who knows

14 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by rickome247(m): 6:16am On Sep 03, 2015
Re u aware that nig embassy in foreign country like sa is d most difficult to deal wit? recently a frd 4rm sa applied for Nigerian visa b4 she got it took longer than expected .... pmb should look into this issue.. Baba go slow...
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by ochedan(m): 6:18am On Sep 03, 2015
hakimade:

He,s telling u his experience n dat's a true picture of Nigerian public workers. I tire 4 Nigeria sef
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 03, 2015
majekdom2:
will the problem be solved on here, is this a right channel.... what proof have we that femi collects R120. Why can't he be set up.
There should be camera there.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 03, 2015
PAINGAIN:
guy wetin u dey talk sef? I still have d piece of paper given to me as receipt for d 120. It has embassy stamp on it. Thing is even their oga go dey collect him own share for d 120 and believe me,this consulate gets at least 100 nigerians everyday coming to renew their passports from all over southern africa.
u just mentioned Oga plus reciept.... if going to court, this case can't be won. I am not supporting whatever these people have been doing. My thought is you guys over there are the one to find a way to stop whatever mess.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Originalsly: 6:49am On Sep 03, 2015
@op.....it's very good to put such stuff out in public....with names included....to expose those involved. I suggest you contact the major news media to publish this your experience.....it would somehow find it's way to the oga at the top.....you would know it did when Femi and the whole nest of vultures disappear.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 03, 2015
madejibo:

Home sweet home.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Boss13: 6:59am On Sep 03, 2015
agarawu23:
not only SA, it's everywhere.
This silly set of ppl working in Nigeria embassy will never attend to you until you bribe them . at times you will feel like crying. Foolish people. Like say den know dey collect salary.

The problem is from the ambassador. If he is a strict man, these nonsense would not be happening.
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by agarawu23(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Boss13:

The problem is from the ambassador. If he is a strict man, these nonsense would not be happening.
that's it, but the ambassador too is the chief corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. / Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country / Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.