Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Power Supply Drops By 1047mw - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Supply Drops By 1047mw (17552 Views)

Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu / Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / Forex Supply Drops To $700m Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by zomoears(m): 4:41am On Sep 02, 2015
Power supply to households and businesses in the country has fallen below the 4,000 megawatts mark as 1,047.3MW was lost in seven days, data obtained from the Presidential Task Force on Power showed on Tuesday.

Last week, electricity from the national grid hit a record high of 4,810.7MW, which was achieved at 8:45pm on August 25.

The Transmission Company of Nigeria had then said the new peak followed the record set the previous day, August 24, when 4,748MW was wheeled by its network.

But electricity generation stood at 3,843.16MW on Monday, August 31, while 3,763.40MW was sent out, according to the PTFP.

On Sunday, August 30, generation was 4,117.73MW, while 4,029.83MW was sent out, data from the Federal Ministry of Power showed.

The dip in power generation and supply followed the shutdown of both the Trans Niger Pipeline and Nembe Creek Trunkline late last week.

Shell Petroleum Development Company had last Thursday declared force majeure on the export of Bonny Light crude oil, one of Nigeria’s main export grades, effective August 27, 2015, following the shutdown of both the TNP and the NCTL.

The Manager, Corporate Media Relations of the SPDC, Mr. Precious Okolobo, had said a leak was reported on the TNP at Oloma in Rivers State, while the NCTL was shut down for the removal of crude theft points, adding that the SPDC was working to repair and reopen the two lines as quickly as possible.

The Trans Niger Pipeline transports about 180,000 barrels of crude oil per day to the Bonny Export Terminal and is part of the gas liquids evacuation infrastructure critical for continued domestic power generation at the Afam VI power plant and liquefied gas exports, Shell said in a statement on its website.

Afam VI power plant has a generation capacity of 624 MW.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali, on Monday said electricity had been stable in the country lately because there was no case of gas pipeline vandalism.

He recalled that vandalism was the bane of electricity supply during the last administration.

He said things improved with the decision of the current administration to engage the communities through which the pipelines pass.

This, he said, led to increased gas supplies and improved power supply nationwide currently at 4,600MW.

Lalasticlala pls share with d house.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-supply-drops-by-1047mw/

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Obijulius: 4:43am On Sep 02, 2015
Looking like this Daura Du.llard can't sustain any of the achievements GEJ left behind.

After NERC confirmed that the improvement in the power sector are the results of the hard work of Mr. Jonathan, this deluded King Of The North and his clumsy handlers want us to believe that body language is all that matters.

Oya Northern Slaves a.k.a Masturbaters come and eat I have prepared breakfast for you.

118 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Beesluv: 4:49am On Sep 02, 2015
How come We have light for more hours in my area now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by EKONGKING: 4:49am On Sep 02, 2015
Don't worry people .The integrity and body language of illiterate president will take care of power supply .

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by olafum1(m): 4:53am On Sep 02, 2015
Smh.. What of my area in Akure with no power for the past 5months?? cry cry

Anyway: I'm still waiting for the fulness of time and in the long run.. cool

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 02, 2015
Where is my body language abi body odour lemme use it to increase power generation and supply

31 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by OtunbaJega: 5:03am On Sep 02, 2015
Alright.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by AlPeter: 5:17am On Sep 02, 2015
These guys above needs to learn reading and comprehension.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by niggi4life(m): 5:17am On Sep 02, 2015
This country won't get better, sad but true.
For those that have the opportunity to travel out, please do before it becomes too late angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by fromnigeria(m): 5:24am On Sep 02, 2015
EKONGKING:
Don't worry people .The integrity and body language of illiterate president will take care of power supply .
Really?

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by repogirl(f): 5:26am On Sep 02, 2015

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali, on Monday said electricity had been stable in the country lately because there was no case of gas pipeline vandalism.

He recalled that vandalism was the bane of electricity supply during the last administration.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-supply-drops-by-1047mw/

So wetin come do all the vandals now na? Saboteurs everywhere, one Nigeria indeed! angry

15 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by fromnigeria(m): 5:26am On Sep 02, 2015
Obijulius:
Looking like this Daura Du.llard can't sustain any of the achievements GEJ left behind.

After NERC confirmed that the improvement in the power sector are the results of the hard work of Mr. Jonathan, this deluded King Of The North and his clumsy handlers want us to believe that body language is all that matters.

Oya Northern Slaves a.k.a Masturbaters come and eat I have prepared breakfast for you.

Am Assuming your father is the president of this complicated country. This how you'll open your mouth and call him Dull.ard?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by obynocute(m): 5:38am On Sep 02, 2015
Who re we to blame for dat??
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 02, 2015
I told the Buharist and body language apostles that power generation always fluctuates and that all We're enjoying now is still part of the dividends of the transformation agenda in the last administration. Buhari himself confirmed that he has neither added a single megawatts of power nor invested one kobo in the power sector but the body language apostles would have none of that.

The current generation is sufficient now to guarantee stable power in many parts of the country because we're in rainy season when power demand is somewhat low. Dry season will soon be here and We'll be back to square one. Then the body language apostles will be missing in action.

I told them that this is not the time for a new regime to celebrate Any phantom achievement in a very critical sector like the power sector, rather we expect that this new regime should have unfolded it's plans and roadmap for the sector and followed it up with ACTION. It is unheard of that a regime that only came to power 3 months ago will have the temerity to talk of achievements at this time. It can only happen in Nigeria in the mind of some sick sycophants.

Anyway, the set back is only temporary and will soon be back to the transformation threshold. We're still waiting for the Buhari govt to unfold his plans, agenda and roadmap for the sector.

Meanwhile, 100 days is gone already, and that is why we say it's a 100 wasted days

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by HzRF(m): 6:00am On Sep 02, 2015
olafum1:
Smh.. What of my area in Akure with no power for the past 5months?? cry cry
Haha my own na 3 days ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by HzRF(m): 6:01am On Sep 02, 2015
obynocute:
Who re we to blame for dat??
Na Jonathan nw

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by sylvar02(m): 6:01am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by salam1(m): 6:30am On Sep 02, 2015
keep fooling urselves, over here we r begging NEPA to take d light for sum hours

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by softvio(m): 6:40am On Sep 02, 2015
Lmaoo...oya Body Language Disciples, make una come troll this place with "Body Odour"

23 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:41am On Sep 02, 2015
A
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Agimor(m): 6:46am On Sep 02, 2015
Obijulius:

Shut up.

8 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by permsec: 7:01am On Sep 02, 2015
In fullness of time, we will probe the power sector.
From 4,000mw to 1,047.3mw? The former minster of Power must be probed. Thats corruption!
Definitely, the remaining 2,000 whatever mw is already in a swiss bank account!

Una never chichomchin!

APC=Opportunists

PROUDLY A WAILER!

34 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by ice25(f): 7:09am On Sep 02, 2015
The Probe king must probe this. no no no this is corruption

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by SeverusSnape(m): 7:31am On Sep 02, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
A
A for Almajiri undecided

@ topic, I expect PassingShot and omenka to blame Jonathan for this. The stupid_ Daura dullard_ can't even sustain all the gains of the previous administration. Shame on to the zombies!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by thefakestan: 7:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Blame it on PDP plus PMB Body Language.

ThefakeStan
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by islandmoon: 7:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Useless Country!!! no wonder everyone is running away through the sea to Europe!
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by parzdor(m): 7:47am On Sep 02, 2015
Hit like if you here to read comments with most likes cool

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Benedict44(m): 7:48am On Sep 02, 2015
hmmm..still apc claims that it had improved , nawaa for this kind of change...

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Evaromantik(m): 7:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Sai Bullhari.......i tell you,this una baba is a bastard......he cannever achieve anything good there since he indulge in nepotism.........beside,he has deny all his political promisess which stands,he may neither eradicate the boko boys nor the corruption he promised to fight..........all these APC fans,recieve sense from the gods of common sense..........oya mek una execute me with quotes

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 02, 2015
Na who cause am? Them go soon blame Oga Jona.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Razes Printing Press At Tejuosho Market, Lagos (Photos) / NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery / How Can I Start A Small Scale 20 To 50 Birds Poultry Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.