Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Power Supply Drops By 1047mw - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Power Supply Drops By 1047mw (17550 Views)

Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu / Cooking Gas Price Drops By 30% / Forex Supply Drops To $700m Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Coldfeets: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2015
It's okay. There's no cause for alarm. Our power is in the hands of a tested and trusted general!
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by 247notire(m): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2015
AlPeter:
These guys above needs to learn reading and comprehension.
While u need to learn ur tenses and grammar too. Correct urself before I...
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by jemir000: 9:34am On Sep 02, 2015
dmcdad:

I don't blame you, you have never had the privilege before so you are bound to doubt. Check on the older threads on electricity, I have been saying it all along. Last week and stated, and would restate that for over a month, we have not had power interrupted for more than 5 times. The fact you choose to believe it or not is none of my business. Doesn't change anything. If you know of anyone living in Mazamaza, Lagos then you can call the person to confirm.

The fact you are used to lying doesn't mean someone else is.

but 2 weeks too much naa..lying liar
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by dmcdad: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2015
jemir000:

but 2 weeks too much naa..lying liar
O.K.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by koife(m): 9:35am On Sep 02, 2015
mianyaegbu:
Where is my body language abi body odour lemme use it to increase power generation and supply
Bruv ....walaihi u wickedt fah

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by tolexy007(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2015
HzRF:
Haha my own na 3 days ooo
where in Akure
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by zomoears(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2015
permsec:
In fullness of time, we will probe the power sector.
From 4,000mw to 1,047.3mw? The former minster of Power must be probed. Thats corruption!
Definitely, the remaining 2,000 whatever mw is already in a swiss bank account!

Una never chichomchin!

APC=Opportunists

PROUDLY A WAILER!

Please read again. Power supply "drops by 1047mw", not "drops to 1047mw".

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2015
fromnigeria:

Am Assuming your father is the president of this complicated country. This how you'll open your mouth and call him Dull.ard?
femi adeshina is dat u?
Y r u vexed, abi is Buhari not an illiterate dull ar d?
The inventor of west germany....
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by sage2(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2015
If body language was responsible for the increase, then what is responsible for the sudden drop?
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2015
hassan85:
how much did jona did to manage it while he was dia
jona did not did anything o my almajiri bwodah, sorry i can remember. Jona stole the power n deposited it in swiss bank acct no 2323232365.
Jona is a thief.
He stole awa oyel that belongs to the north n also awa mega watts.
Baba bubu pwobe jona.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Nicepoker(m): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2015
karllyG:
Let's be frank wit wat we say. The light has been constant up till this morning. As long as I am concern this government has helped my house hold to divert wat we usually spend on fuel for generator for other things.
dry season will soon set in. Just wait a little
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by alabiyemmy(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2015
What happened to body language?
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by 989900: 10:26am On Sep 02, 2015
Nicepoker:
dry season will soon set in. Just wait a little

Oh, it rains gas supply?
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by 989900: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2015
alabiyemmy:
What happened to body language?

What happened to you justifying the money spent on your education/miseducation by reading and 'comprehending' the article first?
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Nicepoker(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2015
989900:

Oh, it rains gas supply?
tell us ur source of power is from gas. But if its hydro powered water plays a major role.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Godfullsam(m): 10:32am On Sep 02, 2015
batulakarada:

In all your 49 years of living ,which rainy season have you witnessed with this amount of power supply ?

I will prove you wrong when dry season comes. Silly man!
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by 989900: 10:35am On Sep 02, 2015
Nicepoker:
tell us ur source of power is from gas. But if its hydro powered water plays a major role.

Go back and read the article, albeit slowly.

Thank me later.

BTW, 'hydro' accounts for a much lesser portion of our power supply these days.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by NaijaEarnOnline: 10:35am On Sep 02, 2015
Obijulius:
Looking like this Daura Du.llard can't sustain any of the achievements GEJ left behind.

After NERC confirmed that the improvement in the power sector are the results of the hard work of Mr. Jonathan, this deluded King Of The North and his clumsy handlers want us to believe that body language is all that matters.

Oya Northern Slaves a.k.a Masturbaters come and eat I have prepared breakfast for you.

You just showed how dull you are. Must everything be politics, keep on rubbishing your region.

As you failed to read that SPDC declared a force majure.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by openmine(m): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2015
olafum1:
Smh.. What of my area in Akure with no power for the past 5months?? cry cry
don't worry....oga "body language" will make it work rite now...lol
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by beacon02(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2015
Am I the only one who thinks the improvement in electricity in nigeria is powered by GEJ administration.

I also believed the vandals of those pipeline were APC propagandists cos they want to do everything to pursue oga JONA. Diaris God o.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by wiseoneking: 10:56am On Sep 02, 2015
Beesluv:
How come We have light for more hours in my area now
Your area, ok. Other areas are having their worst hit. There was a demostration in ikorodu and ikeja for black out in some places few wks ago. Ogun communities and towns are not even seeing flash. Saw the demostration on channels tv. Not yet uhuru
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by wiseoneking: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2015
Agimor:
Shut up.
You are telling him to shut up because you cannot bear the Truth of what he is saying? Ndoo.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by ajepako(f): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2015
Tranquilla totos! (Relax all)

" in the fullness of time'

Buhari's ' body language' will fix the situation..
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by ajepako(f): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2015
repogirl:

So wetin come do all the vandals now na? Saboteurs everywhere, one Nigeria indeed! angry

APC at work then..

They stopped destroying pipelines now that they are in power

To reap where they didn't sow and give kudos to their master

God go catch them..
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by dafuturis(m): 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
I told the Buharist and body language apostles that power generation always fluctuates and that all We're enjoying now is still part of the dividends of the transformation agenda in the last administration. Buhari himself confirmed that he has neither added a single megawatts of power nor invested one kobo in the power sector but the body language apostles would have none of that.

The current generation is sufficient now to guarantee stable power in many parts of the country because we're in rainy season when power demand is somewhat low. Dry season will soon be here and We'll be back to square one. Then the body language apostles will be missing in action.

I told them that this is not the time for a new regime to celebrate Any phantom achievement in a very critical sector like the power sector, rather we expect that this new regime should have unfolded it's plans and roadmap for the sector and followed it up with ACTION. It is unheard of that a regime that only came to power 3 months ago will have the temerity to talk of achievements at this time. It can only happen in Nigeria in the mind of some sick sycophants.

Anyway, the set back is only temporary and will soon be back to the transformation threshold. We're still waiting for the Buhari govt to unfold his plans, agenda and roadmap for the sector.

Meanwhile, 100 days is gone already, and that is why we say it's a 100 wasted days

Are you just against development or you're one of the many Nigerians that lacks comprehension ability or just a wailer of the immediate past government. which are you?

The report stated a dip in power generation from a recent high providing reasons why the dip occurred.
The dip in power generation and supply followed the shutdown of both the Trans Niger Pipeline and Nembe Creek Trunkline late last week. Shell Petroleum Development Company had last Thursday declared force majeure on the export of Bonny Light crude oil, one of Nigeria’s main export grades, effective August 27, 2015, following the shutdown of both the TNP and the NCTL.
The Manager, Corporate Media Relations of the SPDC, Mr. Precious Okolobo, had said a leak was reported on the TNP at Oloma in Rivers State, while the NCTL was shut down for the removal of crude theft points, adding that the SPDC was working to repair and reopen the two lines as quickly as possible

it was clearly stated above that a leak in Trans Niger pipeline and the removal of crude theft points in Nembe Creek Trunkline lead to the temporary shut down of both lines. if you read further you will realise that the lines are crucial to the supply of gas to a power station.
you left all the report said and started deliberating on rainy and dry season of which the report made no reference to any hydro power station or water level.

also note, this is not dividends of the transformation agenda of GEJ but parts of the many dividends that awaits Nigerians in the CHANGE agenda. before you start arguing blindly, read below.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali, on Monday said electricity had been stable in the country lately because there was no case of gas pipeline vandalism. He recalled that vandalism was the bane of electricity supply during the last administration.
He said things improved with the decision of the current administration to engage the communities through which the pipelines pass
. This, he said, led to increased gas supplies and improved power supply nationwide currently at 4,600MW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by jemir000: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
dmcdad:
O.K.
which area you dey?
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by dmcdad: 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
jemir000:

which area you dey?
Mazamaza.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by alabiyemmy(m): 2:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
989900:

What happened to you justifying the money spent on your education/miseducation by reading and 'comprehending' the article first?

Ignored! Spit on his face. Calls him mumu.
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by Petdagr8t(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
zomoears:
Power supply to households and businesses in the country has fallen below the 4,000 megawatts mark as 1,047.3MW was lost in seven days, data obtained from the Presidential Task Force on Power showed on Tuesday.

Last week, electricity from the national grid hit a record high of 4,810.7MW, which was achieved at 8:45pm on August 25.

The Transmission Company of Nigeria had then said the new peak followed the record set the previous day, August 24, when 4,748MW was wheeled by its network.

But electricity generation stood at 3,843.16MW on Monday, August 31, while 3,763.40MW was sent out, according to the PTFP.

On Sunday, August 30, generation was 4,117.73MW, while 4,029.83MW was sent out, data from the Federal Ministry of Power showed.

The dip in power generation and supply followed the shutdown of both the Trans Niger Pipeline and Nembe Creek Trunkline late last week.

Shell Petroleum Development Company had last Thursday declared force majeure on the export of Bonny Light crude oil, one of Nigeria’s main export grades, effective August 27, 2015, following the shutdown of both the TNP and the NCTL.

The Manager, Corporate Media Relations of the SPDC, Mr. Precious Okolobo, had said a leak was reported on the TNP at Oloma in Rivers State, while the NCTL was shut down for the removal of crude theft points, adding that the SPDC was working to repair and reopen the two lines as quickly as possible.

The Trans Niger Pipeline transports about 180,000 barrels of crude oil per day to the Bonny Export Terminal and is part of the gas liquids evacuation infrastructure critical for continued domestic power generation at the Afam VI power plant and liquefied gas exports, Shell said in a statement on its website.

Afam VI power plant has a generation capacity of 624 MW.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali, on Monday said electricity had been stable in the country lately because there was no case of gas pipeline vandalism.

He recalled that vandalism was the bane of electricity supply during the last administration.

He said things improved with the decision of the current administration to engage the communities through which the pipelines pass.

This, he said, led to increased gas supplies and improved power supply nationwide currently at 4,600MW.

Lalasticlala pls share with d house.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-supply-drops-by-1047mw/
His body language still in action of course
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by olafum1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
HzRF:

Haha my own na 3 days ooo
For Akure too abi?
U can come to Akure plaza motel area to confirm my assertion
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by 989900: 2:56pm On Sep 02, 2015
alabiyemmy:

Ignored! Spit on his face. Calls him mumu.

Exactly . . .
Re: Power Supply Drops By 1047mw by olafum1(m): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
EKONGKING:
Don't worry people .The integrity and body language of illiterate president will take care of power supply .

Yes o.. In the fullness of runs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LONGRICH As A Business.....how Viable Is It? / NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery / Fire Razes Printing Press At Tejuosho Market, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.