Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:11 PM

Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan (771 Views)

Kaduna Assembly Passes Bill On Master Plan Into Law / Kaduna State Unveils Its New Logo (Photo) / Buhari To Unfold Apc’s Job Creation, Security Master Plan On May 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan by qkman: 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2009
Government of Rivers State has unveiled a new 50 years master plan that will bring about the development of a functional and sustainable city system.

The plans which is tagged Greater Port Harcourt City Development Master Plans is the first of it kind in Nigerian. The master plan accommodate 8 Local Government Areas with improve transport system that caters for the much density that many Nigerian cities experience. More details later

Port Harcourt capital of Rivers state and port town in southern Nigeria lies along the Bonny River (an eastern distributary of the Niger), 41 miles (66 km) upstream from the Gulf of Guinea. Founded in 1912 in an area traditionally inhabited by the Ijaw people, it serve as a port, named for Lewis Harcourt - the colonial secretary.

These people only like to start projects they know fully well they won't complete,all these to embezzle and make situations worse, mama akinyuli sef govt don approve 130million Naira for her 9ja rebranding project when people dey suffer,she say she wan rebrand,we be bournvita,
Re: Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan by comfort3: 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2009
cool
Re: Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan by asha80(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2009
See comfort ram
Re: Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan by blacksta(m): 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2009
50 point agenda or vison 5050
Re: Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Apr 03, 2009
50 years roflmao!!!
Re: Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan by blacksta(m): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2009
The man might not even be around
Re: Government Of Rivers State Unveils New 50 Years Master Plan by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Apr 03, 2009
I am not even thinking of the man, I am more concerned about the many people who will come in to tell us to give the plan more time even after 45 years has passed and maybe not much improvement. I don’t know if I can trust any Nigerian government with such a commitment. 50 whole years when in only 2, most hardly lift a finger, this one wants 50 years of commitment?
The project I know that comes closest to such was FADAKA, and based on the initial plans and promises, I think it was a flop! You may not agree with me but FADAKA to me was a long term commitment that failed to achieve the many goals set. I hope the people say NO to it and call for shorter plans. Lol

Call me a cynic but I don learn my lesson! roflmao!!

(1) (Reply)

Kalakuta Islmaic Sect Plan Mega Religious Wars In Nigeria / Four Arrested With Human Skulls In Ogun State / Bayelsa Govt To Bulid Massive Plaza With Returned N45B Loot!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.