Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams (3113 Views)

Intensive Lectures For Cfa Level One Exams / Pls Advice An Accounting Graduate: CFA Or ICAN? / Frequently Asked Questions About CFA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by llade(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
I am in a fix on how to pay $1,660.00 for my December CFA Level 1 exams. I tried using my MasterCard yesterday but I could not, when I called my Bank, GTB I was told the daily transaction limit on cards is $300 for foreign payments. I then tried to do a wire transfer through a domiciliary account and was met with the same response from the bank. Finally, I sent a mail which has not been responded to, to the CFA Institute if they can spread the exam fees so I can be paying $300 a day till i finish paying the exam fees. I am worried I may miss out on registering for the exam if this option fails and the only option given to me by the bank is to fill Form A which will take about two weeks with no assurance that they will obtain dollars and effect the transfer. Last day for exam registration is September 16, 2015. I need advice and help, thanks.
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by zodo2rule: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Try someone with a Dorm account. It may be better.
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by llade(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
zodo2rule:
Try someone with a Dorm account. It may be better.
I tried and used my colleague's dom account but unfortunately GTB said the same thing that the $300 daily restriction also applies. I called CFA on whether I can be debited $300 until the entire amount is exhausted but they said they need the payment to be made once.
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by davide470(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Go to GTB and they will lift the limit just for that transaction as long as you explain the purpose with proof if possible.

Otherwise, get someone out of the country to pay and refund on a daily basis.
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by llade(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
davide470:
Go to GTB and they will lift the limit just for that transaction as long as you explain the purpose with proof if possible.
Otherwise, get someone out of the country to pay and refund on a daily basis.
Thanks I have been to GTB and they said that limit will not be lifted. They also said I need to fund my dom account for them to transfer the money through wire transfer to CFA Institute, I asked if the GTB will transfer the money and debit my naira account for the equivalent dollars they said no that I needed to get a bereau de change operator to transfer dollars to my dom account with gtb before the will do the wire transfer. I met one and he told me he was going t transfer at N236 to $1 when I can get dollars at N218 to $1 cash. I begged him to do it N218 but the BDC refused.
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by davide470(m): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
llade:

Thanks I have been to GTB and they said that limit will not be lifted. They also said I need to fund my dom account for them to transfer the money through wire transfer to CFA Institute, I asked if the GTB will transfer the money and debit my naira account for the equivalent dollars they said no that I needed to get a bereau de change operator to transfer dollars to my dom account with gtb before the will do the wire transfer. I met one and he told me he was going t transfer at N236 to $1 when I can get dollars at N218 to $1 cash. I begged him to do it N218 but the BDC refused.
That's serious.

Don't you have someone over the border to help pay and you could do a daily remittance instead of this daylight robbery?
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by doenut(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
davide470:
That's serious.

Don't you have someone over the border to help pay and you could do a daily remittance instead of this daylight robbery?
Can someone else pay for one's exam?
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by davide470(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
doenut:

Can someone else pay for one's exam?
Of course
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by doenut(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2016
davide470:
Of course
Oh nice. Thanks for the info
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by Johnparker: 11:34am On Feb 18, 2016
This format provides preparing for the exam as if reading a book. One can download it on his PC, laptop, Smartphone or tablet or any other PDF supported device. Having this enables study during mobility. So if you are a busy person who cannot spend time in front of a PC, then having the CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate 200-120 braindumps PDF file would be a good option.
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by annalake123(f): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2016
Pearson IT Certification provides a variety of exam preparation tools to help our customers in their quest for certification. As part of our service to you, we have developed this Exam Profile series. Each profile is developed based on the testing experience of one of our trainers or authors. You won’t get exact questions or answers, but you will get a real feel for the exam. Each profile describes question forms, trouble spots, hints for exam preparation, and recommendations for additional study resources. Find out what you can expect to see on the exam and how you can better prepare for it.
200-120 Pass4sure
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by nobleudeme: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello house, if anyone is still having challenges in transmitting your payment for your program, kindly Buzz me or drop a message for me as I can help you pay with your naira account with the CBN interbank rate.
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by CFAMadeEasy: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2017
For your 2018 CFA study materials level 1-3 (notes) both hard and soft copies available, qbank also available too.

Call/WhatsApp 08055047648
Re: Please Help On How I Can Pay $1,660.00 December Cfa Level 1 Exams by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2021
llade:
I am in a fix on how to pay $1,660.00 for my December CFA Level 1 exams. I tried using my MasterCard yesterday but I could not, when I called my Bank, GTB I was told the daily transaction limit on cards is $300 for foreign payments. I then tried to do a wire transfer through a domiciliary account and was met with the same response from the bank. Finally, I sent a mail which has not been responded to, to the CFA Institute if they can spread the exam fees so I can be paying $300 a day till i finish paying the exam fees. I am worried I may miss out on registering for the exam if this option fails and the only option given to me by the bank is to fill Form A which will take about two weeks with no assurance that they will obtain dollars and effect the transfer. Last day for exam registration is September 16, 2015. I need advice and help, thanks.

hello bro. I know its been a while but pls how did you resolve this? I'm in a similar situation

(1) (Reply)

Help Save My Job, I'm A Nervous Wreck! / Training And Internship Opportunity At Computer Warehouse Group Academy, PH / Fed. Govt 1:1 Scholarship For A 5 Year Compulsory Lecturing Job. Do Or Don't Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.