Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Would You Work For Your Father In-law? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Work For Your Father In-law? (9023 Views)

Poll: Would You Work For Your Father-In-Law?

Yes why not.: 25% (16 votes)
No, not at all: 56% (36 votes)
Maybe: 18% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law / How Do I Deal With An Annoying Father-in-law ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 11:44am On Apr 23, 2009
saintade01:

99.9% NO shocked

0.1% Yes undecided

Nawa o . people dey vex angry with their father-in-law oooo

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2009
It seems because of male pride, people are simply saying 'Hell NO' without weighing the benefits.

Benefits:
- Job for Life. No threat of sacking.
- Rapid rise to the top.
- All the best support and training provided formally and informally.
- If the Dad-in-law is getting on in years, you may well become the next in line.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by BabyGirl5: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2009
Benefits, job security & the treats are all good - But I do believe a time will come when a guy will just want to do their own thing, and how do you tell your father in-law that he should release you to start your own business? If it was Joe blogs, you'd just resign and go, but now you'll feel you owe it to him to stay, also your going may cause fiction at home if you're going from a stable job to nothing until yours picks up, it may be hard for his daughter to now support your decision -- Double trouble,
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2009
Most guys here will readily work for their own Dads, and eventually takeover the family biz.
And I thought that in Nigerian culture, when you marry, the father in-law becomes your Dad,

abi all that pastor yarn during your wedding na theory?
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by russellino: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2009
It depends on the kind of in-laws you've got. But for me I dont think i would like to,
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by BabyGirl5: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2009
It's easier to talk to your own parents when they are crossing the line in a nice way and protect your wife without them really taking/ getting offended, but with in-law? Hum, especially after he's set you up, now you want to start drawing the line ,  I don't think so.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2009
Grouppoint:

Most guys here will readily work for their own Dads, and eventually takeover the family biz.
And I thought that in Nigerian culture, when you marry, the father in-law becomes your Dad,

abi all that pastor yarn during your wedding na theory?

father in law no get im own pikin? grin

alot of people would work for their dads because they have been so spoilt/pampered that they cannot cope anywhere else(imho). and when dad dies . . .where are concord etal today?

like i said before - if you are coming from an equal footing, then no problem. if otudekos son marries adenugas daughter, no probs. however, if oyb were to marry bella. . .(daddy - i love him - i will kill myself. . . grin) how do you think daddy will look at the 'bloody pauper of no lineage' who he is making an oga so that bella can continue to chop life grin
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by oje(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2009
Well, It depends on my wife's position in her family. If she is the Eldest or only daughter, i might do it to protect her interest, otherwise, i won't want any seefinish of wahala from the siblings when the old man begins to trust or rely on me more than his own children. I have my honour and ego to protect. wink
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by 1forall: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2009
I'd rather not!
Come to think of it, even if I was looking for a job, Id prefer to keep job hunting than take on such employment. Its hard to draw the line between family and business in such a relationship.
Like the Notorious BIG said:
'Money and blood dont mix
Like two diks and no bi*ch
Find yourself in serious sh*t'

Just imagine keeping your opinion to yourself cos its contrary to what he wants?
NO WAY!
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Ben13: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2009
why work for a father inlaw?

No Way!
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by AmAlone: 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2009
The Dangers Will Always Be There. . .
Am A Self-Made Millionaire Remember? grin grin grin
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Lady2(f): 12:05am On Apr 24, 2009
It depends on the situation. I won't marry a man that won't be comfortable with my family. And my dad will behave himself or else, MUMMY will get him.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by leye1234(m): 3:13am On Apr 24, 2009
i go dey sell pure water instead.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by royalicon(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2009
It depends on the relationship between you and your Father-in-law.

If he really accepts you as one of his sons, you will never have problem with him to the point of fireing you at work, you will exceptionally handle him like your father and take up the work as your fathers' organisation.

But if from day-one, he sees u as a threat to his family, taking away his daughter, you can't even cope. He would not even get you employed.

One thing is this, the relationship and acceptability of a man by the In-laws really matters, even it affects the love life of the couple.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by otukpo(f): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2009
As a woman, working for ur father-in-law is not a big deal. I can do that.
But for a man, i dont think it is good. It has to be a thing of say " you dont have a choice".

I wldnt like want my husband to work for my father. i wld rather he works somewhere else. For a man to get his due respect from his inlaws, he has to be independent of them.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by FEMARY(m): 10:12am On Apr 24, 2009
jacob worked for his in-law,laban.i dont think god is against it.if god is not against,i dont think its bad.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by oseiwe(m): 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2009
I wont even accept d proposal. i ll rather open a store.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by vescucci(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2009
That simply depends on who the father-in-law is
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by vescucci(m): 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2009
If he is like Don Corleone, YES! If he isn't, No!
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Oxone(m): 6:01am On Apr 25, 2009
Not in a million years!!!!!! angry
i don't need anybody telling me her to run my home & it'll definitely come to that when u start working for him.
but when he knows he's got nothing on you, he'll give you your respect.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by slimfine(f): 9:29pm On Apr 25, 2009
Jairzinho:

Your profile says female  undecided

so I still won't do it!
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by SUKKIE(m): 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2009
Olorun maje o! Never,regardless of whoever he is.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by spikedcylinder: 10:41am On Apr 27, 2009
It is always tacky when the younger in law isn't of a befitting social class.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by odunayasam(m): 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2009
Simple no.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by NOIBMUUL(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2009
well, i'll rather remain indifferent on dis one. no offense but, "kini big deal"?!£$%
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by tpia6: 10:27am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by tpia6: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
NOIBMUUL:
well, i'll rather remain indifferent on dis one. no offense but, "kini big deal"?!£$%

Please ask them o.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by itstpia8: 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

***Home Items For Sale!!*** / Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.