Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (409892 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2019
Please help, just upgraded my Windows 10 to the latest version and I'm encountering this problem. Can't get pass the Lenovo icon. Update was carried out automatically when I connected my computer to a WiFi network. This is the first time I'm installing an update since 2016

Cc computerboy Androidking obago1 Greatzeus

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2019
I don't even have a way to back up any of my data because I don't possess a hard disk or flash drive. I just want to return back to my former windows 10 version
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
Olarewajub:
Please help, just upgraded my Windows 10 to the latest version and I'm encountering this problem. Can't get pass the Lenovo icon. Update was carried out automatically when I connected to my computer to a WiFi network. This is the first time I'm installing an update since 2016

You upgraded or updated your windows 10?
Did you upgrade your windows 7/8 to windows 10 or you updated your windows 10?
If it's the formal,that is upgrading from lower versions to windows 10, it comes with a lot of complications, especially with our epileptic internet speed here.
What you need to do is to download the latest windows 10 .iso file and burn to CD or USB.
This will save you lots of stress,you will always have a copy in case you need to reinstall for yourself or others.
If it's the latter,that is you updated your windows 10,it means the update was not successful or some feature updates we're not downloaded successfully,but windows try to install them.
Update replaces old windows files,if the update is installed,and you try to reboot,there will be boot failure due to the files that were not downloaded completely.
There are lots of troubleshooting tips you could use like repairing boot failure from cmd, system restore,safe mode etc but don't waste your time.
Just download the latest windows 10 and burn to CD or USB.
Then disable windows update,not just to save data but to make sure you click update only when you have enough data to completely download it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
Olarewajub:
I don't even have a way to back up any of my data because I don't possess a hard disk or flash drive. I just want to return back to my former windows 10 version
If you have important files,don't format them I can help you copy them into my HDD,but if you don't have any important files you will like to keep you can reformat.
What happened was that the updates was not 100% completed,but windows went ahead to install them, replacing older windows file. When you restarted, windows try to boot from the update files,which are incomplete or missing
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2019
Olarewajub:
I have Windows 10 .iso October 2018 update I burn to USB,i can use it to help you reinstall. Depending on where you stay though
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2019
Olarewajub:
Please help, just upgraded my Windows 10 to the latest version and I'm encountering this problem. Can't get pass the Lenovo icon. Update was carried out automatically when I connected to my computer to a WiFi network. This is the first time I'm installing an update since 2016

Unsuccessful update. You should do it again. I'll advise you use CD or USB drive
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2019
computerboy:

Unsuccessful update. You should do it again. I'll advise you use CD or USB drive

Thank you for your response. I will try it out next week.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 10:45pm On Feb 15, 2019
Greatzeus:

If you have important files,don't format them I can help you copy them into my HDD,but if you don't have any important files you will like to keep you can reformat.
What happened was that the updates was not 100% completed,but windows went ahead to install them, replacing older windows file. When you restarted, windows try to boot from the update files,which are incomplete or missing

I actually updated from Windows 10 (1611 build i think).I was already considering doing a system format. I've got lot of important files majorly academic and loosing them will be disastrous. I will get the ISO file from a colleague next week and I'm hopeful the problem would be resolved. Thank you. I will give a feedback

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dhavid(m): 5:27am On Feb 16, 2019
Please help my laptop keeps showing boot device not found

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dainnif(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2019
Please am my lap top in having inbuilt Bluetooth but it can't see any of my Bluetooth device and my Bluetooth devices can't see it as well. Please help. The Bluetooth is well driven and am on windows 10. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by masterfactor(m): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2019
Dhavid:
Please help my laptop keeps showing boot device not found
it either your hard disk have crashed or your hard disk is not properly connected to the motherboard.
solution
1.check if ur hard disk is properly connected.
2. try ur hard disk on another system to confirm.
3. change your hard disk.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by factorial1(m): 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hello house,

How do I make windows 10 run apps downloaded from third party? I mean trying to download a particular app from softonic but windows 10 keeps popping its invested with virus and wouldn't allow me run the app.

Modified

Thanks

Cc computerboy
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
factorial1:
Hello house,

How do I make windows 10 run apps downloaded from third party? I mean trying to download a particular app from softonic but windows 10 keeps popping its invested with virus and wouldn't allow me run the app.

Modified

Thanks

Cc computerboy

If you're sure it has no virus inside then disable your antivirus and download it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by thexmodgames: 1:45am On Feb 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by factorial1(m): 7:03am On Feb 19, 2019
I did that already

Thanks, brother.

computerboy:

If you're sure it has no virus inside then disable your antivirus and download it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Brownhypo: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please help, my PC Bluetooth doesn't connect with my phones Bluetooth. What could be the solution?

Greatzeus
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
Brownhypo:
Please help, my PC Bluetooth doesn't connect with my phones Bluetooth. What could be the solution?

Greatzeus
Check if your PC Bluetooth driver is installed.
Go to settings/ device manager
Look for Bluetooth driver,if it's not there,it's missing. Download the driver on your Pc manufacturer website or use driver pack .
If it's there but showing yellow icon,right click it and select update.
But if the driver is there with no yellow label,it means the fault is not from the driver.
Get a good data cable and use to transfer files from your phone to PC.its way faster than Bluetooth.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 4:40am On Feb 20, 2019
Olarewajub:
Please help, just upgraded my Windows 10 to the latest version and I'm encountering this problem. Can't get pass the Lenovo icon. Update was carried out automatically when I connected my computer to a WiFi network. This is the first time I'm installing an update since 2016

Thank you Computerboy and Greatzeus . I was able to resolve the Blue screen of death by doing a system reset. I lost all my programs but my files are intact.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:36am On Feb 20, 2019
Olarewajub:

Thank you Computerboy and Greatzeus . I was able to resolve the Blue screen of death by doing a system reset. I lost all my programs but my files are intact.

Your mistake was doing the update online with our nonsense networks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
computerboy:

Thanks Boss. I will use an ISO file next time.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
computerboy:

Thanks Boss. I will use an ISO file next time.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by benardtotti(m): 3:09am On Feb 22, 2019
hello guys, computer boy and greatzeus, i have a problem, ever since my lappy upgraded to windows 10 in January , after about a week , my internet connectivity via WiFi or hotspot has become troublesome, it keeps fluctuating, I have to keep turning the wifi button off and on just to get service on the lappy , and it won't last for 5 minutes, meanwhile my Spectranet works seamlessly on my phone so it's definitely not network issues, please what do you think is the problem?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
benardtotti:
hello guys, computer boy and greatzeus, i have a problem, ever since my lappy upgraded to windows 10 in January , after about a week , my internet connectivity via WiFi or hotspot has become troublesome, it keeps fluctuating, I have to keep turning the wifi button off and on just to get service on the lappy , and it won't last for 5 minutes, meanwhile my Spectranet works seamlessly on my phone so it's definitely not network issues, please what do you think is the problem?
Since your other devices see and connects with your spectranet easily,the problem might be your WiFi driver.
You should reinstall it with the latest wifi driver available for you device.
Go to your PC manufacturer's website to download the latest wifi driver for your PC.
Go to device manager,locate the wlan broadcom and uninstall it. Then install the newly downloaded driver and restart your PC
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by mrbalancer: 3:10am On Feb 24, 2019
please who has the keys to unlock 2016 MS WORD...
Using Windows 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 3:37am On Feb 25, 2019
Olarewajub:

I actually updated from Windows 10 (1611 build i think).I was already considering doing a system format. I've got lot of important files majorly academic and loosing them will be disastrous. I will get the ISO file from a colleague next week and I'm hopeful the problem would be resolved. Thank you. I will give a feedback

Finally upgraded to Windows 10 1809. The interface is awesome especially the dark mode.
Thanks once again @ computerboy and Greatzeus

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by orobosa26(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2019
bro could u pls help me with the windows file so i can update mine
Olarewajub:

Finally upgraded to Windows 10 1809. The interface is awesome especially the dark mode.
Thanks once again @ computerboy and Greatzeus
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by benardtotti(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
Greatzeus:

Since your other devices see and connects with your spectranet easily,the problem might be your WiFi driver.
You should reinstall it with the latest wifi driver available for you device.
Go to your PC manufacturer's website to download the latest wifi driver for your PC.
Go to device manager,locate the wlan broadcom and uninstall it. Then install the newly downloaded driver and restart your PC
thanks @ greatzeus for the tip, i tried getting the drivers from HP website but it keeps saying the following : We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product. Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again., please is there an alternative way to get the drivers asides hp website? cos even on the hp website there was no option for windows 10 , it only stopped at windows 8.1 for my type of laptop hp elitebook 8460p.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
benardtotti:

thanks @ greatzeus for the tip, i tried getting the drivers from HP website but it keeps saying the following : We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product. Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again., please is there an alternative way to get the drivers asides hp website? cos even on the hp website there was no option for windows 10 , it only stopped at windows 8.1 for my type of laptop hp elitebook 8460p.
Yes there are many ways.
I told you this because it's the safest place to get your device driver.
Now try this
1. Select windows 7 or 8.1 and download it. Install and see if it will install. I think it will.
2. Buy driver pack CD,insert into your PC and run. It scans your PC for missing,outdated or faulty drivers and installs them.
3. Go to Google,type " driver pack.exe" download it, less than 5mb. Download and install. It searches your PC for missing outdated or faulty drivers and installs them.
4. Download driver reviver and run. It searches your PC for missing outdated drivers and install them.
5. Go to settings/ device manager/ right click the driver and select update,you need internet for this.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by benardtotti(m): 2:28am On Feb 27, 2019
Greatzeus:

Yes there are many ways.
I told you this because it's the safest place to get your device driver.
Now try this
1. Select windows 7 or 8.1 and download it. Install and see if it will install. I think it will.
2. Buy driver pack CD,insert into your PC and run. It scans your PC for missing,outdated or faulty drivers and installs them.
3. Go to Google,type " driver pack.exe" download it, less than 5mb. Download and install. It searches your PC for missing outdated or faulty drivers and installs them.
4. Download driver reviver and run. It searches your PC for missing outdated drivers and install them.
5. Go to settings/ device manager/ right click the driver and select update,you need internet for this.

ok thanks for this, please should i delete or uninstall the current wifi driver on the lappy before installing the new one or should i just install the new one like that without deleting the current wifi on the lappy
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Greatzeus(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2019
benardtotti:

ok thanks for this, please should i delete or uninstall the current wifi driver on the lappy before installing the new one or should i just install the new one like that without deleting the current wifi on the lappy
Uninstall the current one first.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Adeyemi0(m): 8:53am On Mar 01, 2019
Please how do i pin a webpage to appear in all desktop?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by damosky12(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hello guys... This is a Windows 7 issue...

The system does not boot but displays "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk (3F0)"

How can this be solved, pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.