Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (26106 Views)

Requirements For Installing Windows 10 Or Windows 8 Operating Sysem / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / I Can't Change My Screen Resolution After Installing Windows 8.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 2:57am On Jul 27, 2016
After going through the thread on the Windows free upgrade deadline, I saw many complaints from people who installed the Windows and the others who were still skeptical.

To be honest, Windows 10 is the best Windows experience once everything has been set up and running

Let’s get straight to the issues.

First of all, you need to know basic information about your system.
Press Win+R and type in msinfo32 to launch the System information console and look for these items
a. Manufacturer
b. Model Number
c. Architecture ( 64 bit or 32 bit/86x) very important
d. RAM

These are the most important, other information are there

1. Download size and options

Yes, the download size is about 3.5 GB to get Windows 10 on your PC. Other additional installations/driver updates might take another 1 GB

Note: if you are upgrading from the Microsoft tool, make sure you have enough data (>4 GB) and a strong network otherwise any network interruption, even at 90%, you start afresh

Solution: Download a good Windows 10 ISO file with any Download Manager (which you can pause and resume at will), click here for the link or buy a DVD from a computer shop.

Source: http://www.ityunit.com/2016/07/windows-10-post-installation-issues-and.html

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 3:01am On Jul 27, 2016
2. Display issues after installation

80% of the time, this is a common issue, icons becoming larger and funny looking

Solution:
Go to Device Manager (Shortcut: Win+R, then type devmgmt.msc in the RUN box and press enter or OK). Look for Display Adapter (probably with a yellow alert sign), right click on it and select “Update Driver”.
Then choose “Allow Windows to search for drivers automatically”. Make sure you are connected to the internet and wait for it to do its work.

3. WiFi not working

Same as above, still on the Device Manager, look for “Network Controller” (especially if it has a yellow alert icon) and update the drivers.

For some brands of PC, Windows might not be able to connect to the respective manufacturer’s site so you have to do it manually.
For HP users, just go to http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/ and search for your system model

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 3:06am On Jul 27, 2016
4. Games not playing

Most games were built for backward compatibility; however, most Windows 10 only came with DirectX 12c graphic engines.

Solution:

Download DirectX 9 (standalone version) from Microsoft or any other reliable site and install. (You may google “directx 9 offline installer” or “directx_Jun2010_redist.exe”), your GTA, PES etc games will play smoothly.

5. Printer not recognized

Get your printer driver from the “carry-come” boxed CD and run the installation again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 3:10am On Jul 27, 2016
6. AutoCAD or some other programs cannot install

Solution:

Download .Net (dot NET) 2.5 – 3.5 Framework and install on your system.

To check which version of .NET Framework is in your PC (probably only 4.5), enter from the RUN box again (Win+R) and type regedit (MAKE SURE you do not change anything here, just look and close)

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > .NETFramwork
A good system should have versions 2, 3 and 4 installed and listed

7. Consuming too much data

Unlike Windows 8, you can control your data consumption easily in Windows 10 (especially WiFi connections).

Just connect the WiFi first, then go to PC Settings > Network > WiFi, then select Advance Options, under your connected WiFi name, you will see “Set as metered connection”, just slide it “ON” and all Windows Updates and Map downloads will be stopped “forever” as long as you don’t change the name of the WiFi hotspot connection.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by pragmatistm(m): 4:38am On Jul 27, 2016
Great write-up. lalasticlala come and see this.

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by mrnairaland1(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice post. I just upgraded, I believe this is a cool one for me.

Modified**

STC tongue I dedicate this to wink2dre grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by veekid(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
Washere OP
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Trailblazer1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even a new wife too has her problems

How much less Buhari tongue

3 Likes

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Proffdada: 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
The best OS so far kiss

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ephi123(f): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Not sure I will go ahead with this upgrade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by EWAagoyin(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
The only problem I'm facing is Bluetooth not working I've tried everything possible installed many Bluetooth drivers still same.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by koolguy88(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
woooooooow. windows 10 was really tough for me to download. It took me 3days to complete

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by esaias1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
kiss I love it's design.

But still loving my 8.0

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by saxwizard(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
well wat do I do to get bak all previously installed app ...
cos wen I upgraded all apps went missing only few left
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by adedayourt(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
windows 8 all the way no vex tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by olisafincy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
windows 8.1 still the best if you ask me

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
..hmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by GoodMuyis(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
Why installing Windows 10 when 2019 is closed by when Microsoft will release another stable version.

When MS release Vista many people think it will be stronger and better than Longhorn and XP, but its a woe until 3 years later Win7 fix earlier mistakes. In my Opinion Microsoft is yet to get it straight am waiting for he Next Windows higher than 10.

4 Likes

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Braidsden(f): 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
God. All this is like computer science course to me o.....just cus I wanna upgrade to windows10?!

3 Likes

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by XketchDesigns(m): 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
My old antivirus is not working on it.

whats the big deal about upgrading? what happend to the normal method of downloading the software and installing it. that how i installed windows 8 on my system.

i have the installation seff..
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by dalhjana: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
updated mine it Started from 2.9 gig .but I don't know why sha..but now the brightness is not reducing.
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by meltiplexer: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice write up,when install mind it was consuming more data but thanks to Mr google that show me how to on the metered connection. Naijabet man say so
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by stephliet(f): 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
hmmm
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ibkgab001: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
oxoxoxoxooxoo
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by johnstar(m): 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by vicobosi: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
The only problem I got after the upgrade is that my laptop doesn't shut down properly unless I restart it first and then shut it down. I've tried to find a solution but to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Window 10 sucks. I Upgraded to window 10 twice n downgrade back to 8.1. After upgrading, Bluetooth won't work, SD card port not working, battery draining very fast, unable to increase or reduce screen brightness. F**k window 10

4 Likes

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by pointstores(m): 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
ok
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
that pretty much covers everything, ain't got anything more to add to the thread.

1 Like

Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by Dottore: 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
I downloaded the free upgrade in all my siblings systems hitch free and they are all running smoothly. The exciting news is that in my younger sis Hp probook 4520 she had issues with the Wireless Lan and Bluetooth drivers after formatting the system and fresh-installing Windows 8.1. This made her to be using USB wireless adapter. We had made every effort to find suitable drivers both from HP support and broadcom sites but they keep conflicting and the device never worked hence the USB dongle. After the win 10 upgrade, the system reset the whole driver files and the on board wireless Lan and the Bluetooth are working perfectly without conflicts. I think it's the best windows so far
Re: Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions by ITbomb(m): 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
Princetolu94:
Window 10 sucks. I Upgraded to window 10 twice n downgrade back to 8.1. After upgrading, Bluetooth won't work, SD card port not working, battery draining very fast, unable to increase or reduce screen brightness. F**k window 10
Check the device manager and update all drivers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 840 G2 with 1gb graphics card / Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria / How To Download Season Movies Free Online With IDM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.