Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund (808 Views)

I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. / HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony / Who Inherits The Deceased Mother's Property In Igbo Family. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund by barikay: 5:24am On Sep 03, 2015
My stepfather who has been ill finally died. He has banking with one of the Nigeria Bank, we don't know how to withdraw his money for the burial. He was a civil servant and the secretive type. He started working when he was not married and we don't know he used as the next of kin. We have his phone and the Bank alerts. Bankers and anybody help pls
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund by eleko1: 5:50am On Sep 03, 2015
He probably use either his first son name.Let the first son/wife contact his bank for verification.Shey the deceased left a WiLL?Then leave it for d executor to do the needful
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund by pretydiva(f): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2015
U go 2 d bank 1st,then u will b asked 2 go 2 court to bring proof or something. D process is a bit long tho. My brother in law is almost in d final stage.

Just follow wat ever d court ask u 2 do
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund by pasqal09: 7:16am On Sep 03, 2015
Go and get a letter of probate or administration from the court and present it to the bank and they'll process it.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund by maramax: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2015
If the man left a will, then the person whom he gave the money in the account to will be the one to claim it. If he died intestate (without a will), like pascal said you need to get a letter of administration from the court to present to the bank.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2015
Go through his documents, find out accounts he had, could be bank account, shares, bonds, etc.. Then go the bank or brokerage house as the case may be... They'll tell you what to do and what documents to bring. .......
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund by barikay: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
Thank you for your contributions.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Really Happy With What I Have Accomplised So Far. / Facts About Your Own Family. / A Man Beatup His Wife Mercilessly For Saying President Buhari Is Working - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.