Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion (5383 Views)

The Problem With Religion, Including Science. / The More I Grow The More I Get Confused With Religion / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
I saw this on another website and I feel it is good that I share it here also.

10 – You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 – You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that humans were created from dirt.

8 – You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 – Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the male first-born babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" – including women, children, and trees.

6 – You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods consorting with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 – You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is about a couple of generations old.

4 – You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs – though excluding those in all rival sects – will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering, and yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 – While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor “speaking in tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" your choice of religions to be the correct one.

2 – You define .01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers, and consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% failure was simply the will of God.

1 – You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history – but you still call yourself a Christian.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2009
change the title to - top ten indications that you're over-obsessed with christianity.

That is basically what atheism is all about - attacking christianity.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2009
Top ten indications that you're over your head with atheism

3 – While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you that evolution is true, you would rather believe a lie and then rant or insult others when your lack of credible evidence is exposed.

2 – You despise "blind faith" in religion YET your entire belief in the big bang theory, abiogenesis, evolution and the earth's origin is based on . . . blind faith!

1 – You actually know a nothing about the bible and christianity, much of what you "know" is plagiarised from godless websites . . . but you still call yourself intelligent anyway.

Not done . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by LadyT(f): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2009
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

David will you marry me?

grin
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

change the title to - top ten indications that you're over-obsessed with christianity.

That is basically what atheism is all about - attacking christianity

Ex-Christians like me only attack the Christian religion because that was my former faith, I have atheist friends who only attack the Islamic faith when rejecting the existence of God.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2009
toneyb:

Ex-Christians like me only attack the Christian religion because that was my former faith, I have atheist friends who only attack the Islamic faith when rejecting the existence of God.

my brother enough of this nonsensical excuse, that is all you come up with whenever we expose the fact that you people dont really have a problem with "religion" perse . . you simply have issues with christianity because its the only one that pricks your souls.
Islam also calls you an infidel and threatens you with the flames of hell . . . yet i never see you bother about them.

LadyT:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

David will you marry me?

grin

my sister, i am all yours.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

3 – While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you that evolution is true, you would rather believe a lie and then rant or insult others when your lack of credible evidence is exposed.

2 – You despise "blind faith" in religion YET your entire belief in the big bang theory, abiogenesis, evolution and the earth's origin is based on . . . blind faith!

1 – You actually know a nothing about the bible and christianity, much of what you "know" is plagiarised from godless websites . . . but you still call yourself intelligent anyway.

Not done . . .

Where did I say that I believe in Evolution? If you have a problem with evolution why not go and publish a book against it claims? why are you ranting on the Niaraland religion forum against Evolution you claim to be a scientist then go ahead and write a book debunking all the claims of evulotion. I know very much about the bible, you don't know the bible better than me that i know for sure.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

my brother enough of this nonsensical excuse, that is all you come up with whenever we expose the fact that you people dont really have a problem with "religion" perse . . you simply have issues with christianity because its the only one that pricks your souls.
Islam also calls you an infidel and threatens you with the flames of hell . . . yet i never see you bother about them.

my sister, i am all yours.

How does Christianity pricks a persons soul? What is a soul?
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2009
7 more on the list:

10 – Your basic motto is: “scientists” said it, so it must be true.

9 – You have serious problems with biblical claims that man was created from soil but swallow hook, line and sinker the idiotic scientific claim (of course without proof) that man evolved from protists (even though modern protists have not evolved in 6000 yrs).

8 – You laugh at the claims for the existence of God but cry that God wasn’t tolerant enough to allow you into His heaven anyway.

7 – You loudly trumpet the “atrocities” of God in Exodus and Leviticus but hypocritically turn a blind eye to the atrocities of modern day atheists and muslims in your society today. Of course you can always use the “ex-christian” excuse.

6 – You laugh at christian beliefs that a man could be born of a virgin but believe you evolved from an ape anyway.

5 – You cry loudly for proof that biblical stories are true but are perfectly comfortable answering “I don’t know” to virtually every question we ask you of your own science.

4 – You don’t believe in the bible, you don’t believe in evolution either (at least that is your ready excuse since you cant prove it), infact besides plagiarizing websites you really don’t believe in anything.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

That is basically what atheism is all about - attacking christianity.

sure that is what atheism is exposing the lies and myths of christianity. . . .it seems you do not like the taste of your own medicine thou hypocrite. . . .

davidylan:

we see all the bitterness and fear and the lame excuse of saying that we only attack because christianity is the only religion we have a problem with because it pricks our souls, as toneyb asked what exactly is a soul? thou hypocite why have i never seen you post attacking hindusim?

davidylan:

Not done . . .

i like toneyb do not believe in evolution, you claim to be a scientist so as toneyb has rightly said if you have any problem with evolution why not write a book and debunk all its assertions, thou idiot?

what brand of christianity are you talking about? there is no universal christianity in case you have forgotten and as for the bible, the only thing that you seem to know better than me about the bible is bible apologetics. . . .the goodless websites that we plagiarise from are doing a very good job in exposing all the lies of your so called "truth" and impotent god. . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2009
mazaje:

sure that is what atheism is exposing the lies and myths of christianity. . . .it seems you do not like the taste of your own medicine thou hypocrite. . . .

Why do you say so? Have i ever told you to stop posting? Pls continue . . . the bible already predicted the rise of goons like you so its no problem to me. If i didnt like a taste of my own medicine i would simply ignore your posts. Rather i enjoy the fact that we dont leave you to post nonsense all in the name of "intelligence".

mazaje:

we see all the bitterness and fear and the lame excuse of saying that we only attack because christianity is the only religion we have a problem with because it pricks our souls, as toneyb asked what exactly is a soul? thou hypocite why have i never seen you post attacking hindusim?

Bitterness and fear? Fear of who? You? Pls climb down your high horse.

mazaje:

i like toneyb do not believe in evolution, you calim to be a scientist so as toneyb has rightly said if you have a problem with evolution why not write a book and debunk all its claims, thou idiot?

Many of you lazy people dont believe in anything . . . you are like the chaff which the wind driveth away . . . neither here nor there, simply floating bits of human biomass . . . they dont subscribe to scientific theories even though they trumpet them loudly when its time to "debate" christianity.

Toneyb claims not to believe in evolution, err but he posts a top ten that includes references to evolution anyway . . . the end always justifies the means no.

mazaje:

what brand of christianity are you talking about? there is no universal christianity in case you have forgotten and as for the bible, the only thing that you seem to know better than me about the bible is bible apologetics. . . .the goodless websites that we plagiarise from are doing a very good job in exposing all the lies of your so called "truth" and impotent god. . . .

Ah here we go with the red herring again. At least now you confess that you are nothing but copy paste machines.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

6 more on the list:

10 – Your basic motto is: “scientists” said it, so it must be true.

whose basic motto? there are millions of atheist that do not believe in so many scientific assertions. . . if you have a problem with scientific assertions go write a book and stop displaying your folly and stupidity on the internet. . .

9 – You have serious problems with biblical claims that man was created from soil but swallow hook, line and sinker the idiotic scientific claim (of course without proof) that man evolved from protists (even though modern protists have not evolved in 6000 yrs).

thou fool there are so many christians that strongly believe in evolution and you are in no way a better christians than them. there are millions of atheist that do not believe in it. . . again if you have a problem with evolution and its claims go write a book and debunk it thou fool. . . . .

8 – You laugh at the claims for the existence of God but cry that God wasn’t tolerant enough to allow you into His heaven anyway.

you believe in heaven while atheist believe that heaven is imaginary so how can atheist "cry" that a non existent deity is not tolerant enough to allow them into his heaven?  can you see the foolishness?  by the way which heaven are you talking about the heaven describe in the bible or the heaven that was revealed to joyce mayer through a vision? she narrated her accounts in detail in her book. is it also the same heaven that pastor darlington visited and wrote a book about? their accounts and description of "heaven" completely cancel each other out because it is full of contradictions. heaven exist only in your deluded mind and imaginations thou idiot. . .

7 – You loudly trumpet the “atrocities” of God in Exodus and Leviticus but hypocritically turn a blind eye to the atrocities of modern day atheists and muslims in your society today. Of course you can always use the “ex-christian” excuse.

says who thou hypocrite? atheist condem the attrocites of moslems and mordern day atheist any where by the way no mordern day atheist has ever claimed to be a god, on the other hand you claim you worship a merciful and loving good that tells people to rape women and kill people that do not belong to the tribe of his "chosen people". . .

6 – You laugh at christian beliefs that a man could be born of a virgin but believe you evolved from an ape anyway.

go and publish a book debunking all the claims of evolution and stop crying on nairaland, i thought you claim to be a scientist? by the way there are so many christians out there that strongly believe in evolution and you are not a better christian than them in anyway. . . .

5 – You cry loudly for proof that biblical stories are true but are perfectly comfortable answering “I don’t know” to virtually every question we ask you of your own science.

again if you have a problem with science go and write a book against scientifict assertions, you claim to be a scientist pls can you tell me how jonah survived inside a fish for three days using your basic knowledge of science and biology? thou idiot. . . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2009
you certainly have plenty of time on ur hands . . . enjoy
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

you certainly have plenty of time on ur hands . . . enjoy

are you running away like a chicken thou fool?
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

Why do you say so? Have i ever told you to stop posting? Pls continue . . . the bible already predicted the rise of goons like you so its no problem to me. If i didnt like a taste of my own medicine i would simply ignore your posts. Rather i enjoy the fact that we dont leave you to post nonsense all in the name of "intelligence".

so the bible must be right because it has already "predicted" that people will some day question its foolish assertions right? the koran also predicted the rise of idiots like you that will one day rise and question its assertions as the only truth. . .

Bitterness and fear? Fear of who? You? Pls climb down your high horse.

we see that VERY clearly you can always hide your bitterness under the guise of indifference all you can but we can clearly see the fear and bitterness. . .

Many of you lazy people dont believe in anything . . . you are like the chaff which the wind driveth away . . . neither here nor there, simply floating bits of human biomass . . . they dont subscribe to scientific theories even though they trumpet them loudly when its time to "debate" christianity.

and many of you will prefer to believe the ideas and imagination of ancient jews and europeans who do not think you are better than their domestic animals, if you were alive and living in ancient judea during the time of moses or joshua i believe you would have been amongst the people who yahweh  would have advocated their death or enslavement. . . idiot. . . .

Toneyb claims not to believe in evolution, err but he posts a top ten that includes references to evolution anyway . . . the end always justifies the means no.

I dont believe in evolution but i would rather believe in it than believe that a tribal god of ancient judea created people from sand, by the way yahweh does not seem to know when he created people in the bible because there are two different creation acconts in your bible. . .

Ah here we go with the red herring again. At least now you confess that you are nothing but copy paste machines.

i rather be a copy paste machine than to believe in the words and imagination of ancient normads who wrote on stones and thought that the world was flat and the center of the universe. . . .  i rather be a copy paste machine than allow ancient hebrew men to think or imagine for me. . . .i rather be a copy paste machine than to blindly follow and accept as "truth" the ideas an imaginations of ancient jews that believed that their all powerful god lived inside a wooden ark that they created. . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2009
mazaje:

are you running away like a chicken thou fool?

running away from what? Nadal and Del Potro are serving up an excellent game of tennis at the moment . . . i'd rather watch that than read up the disjointed ramblings of a godless and restless soul.

like i said earlier - enjoy.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2009
davidylan:

running away from what? Nadal and Del Potro are serving up an excellent game of tennis at the moment . . . i'd rather watch that than read up the disjointed ramblings of a godless and restless soul.

like i said earlier - enjoy.

grin grin grin grin thou lair why did you reply to the post initially? isn't the initail post the ramblings of a goodless and restless soul? again run away like a chicken. . . . you never seem to have anything better to do when debating muslims do you? idiot. . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 12:04am On Apr 03, 2009
Wow  grin

@ Mazaje

I like the way you are giving it to them, it is good that they  have a taste of their own medicine.

and many of you will prefer to believe the ideas and imagination of ancient jews and europeans who do not think you are better than their domestic animals, if you were alive and living in ancient judea during the time of moses i believe you would have been amongst the people who yahweh  would have advocated their death or enslavement. . . idiot. . . .

This is priceless  grin, If davidylan was alive and living close to the ancient hebrews during the time of Moses or Joshua he would either have been killed or ensalved under the divine commands of Yahweh. His sisters and female relatives would all have been raped under the divine command of Yahweh and his parents and relatives killed or enslaved all under the divine commands of Yahweh.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 12:14am On Apr 03, 2009
toneyb:

Wow  grin

@ Mazaje

I like the way you are giving it to them, it is good that they have taste of their own medicine.

This is priceless  grin, If davidylan was alive and living close to the ancient hebrews during the time of Moses or Joshua he would either have been killed or ensalved under the divine commands of Yahew. His sisters and female relatives would all have been raped under the divine command of Yahweh and his parents and relatives killed or enslaved all under the divine commands of Yahweh.   

grin grin grin o boi you harsh ohhh. . . his parents would have been marked for death and killed for woshipping ba'al or any of the other gods that are enemies of the ancient hebrew god yahweh, or for living in the land that yahweh had promised his "chosen people".
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 03, 2009
toneyb:

Wow grin

@ Mazaje

I like the way you are giving it to them, it is good that they have taste of their own medicine.

This is priceless grin, If davidylan was alive and living close to the ancient hebrews during the time of Moses or Joshua he would either have been killed or ensalved under the divine commands of Yahew. His sisters and female relatives would all have been raped under the divine command of Yahweh and his parents and relatives killed or enslaved all under the divine commands of Yahweh.

what a dunce . . . you couldnt muster your own responses so you waited for another clueless side-kick who does one thing - continously post plenty of drivel so you can cry about "giving them a taste of their own medicine". The above nonsense is even more proof that you dont understand the bible at all. Go read up the strict rules regarding jewish slaves, read up on jubilee . . . read up on the punishment meted out to rapists . . .

i dont respond here much not because i do not wish to but because i have much more to do than respond to people who are nothing but trolls. You can look that up.
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 12:59am On Apr 03, 2009
davidylan:

what a dunce . . . you couldnt muster your own responses so you waited for another clueless side-kick who does one thing - continously post plenty of drivel so you can cry about "giving them a taste of their own medicine".

grin Mazaje has shown that he has more cluess about the bible and the faith you claim you have more than you at least, all I see from you is nothing but meaningless apologetics including outright lies when you feel it will do you some good.

The above nonsense is even more proof that you dont understand the bible at all. Go read up the strict rules regarding jewish slaves, read up on jubilee . . . read up on the punishment meted out to rapists . . .

Again you do not understand the bible better than any Christian or Atheist your own opinion of the bible is not better than that of any other person out there.  The writer of the post says it better.

7 – Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the male first-born babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" – including women, children, and trees.

What are the strict laws of the Jewish regarding the Jewish slaves? Branding of slaves was permitted in the bible a slave owner is allowed to beat his or her slave, It is all in your bible. A person is allowed to sell his daughter into slavery. All these are allowed by Yahweh the tribal god of the ancient Jews. You want me to read about the strict punishment meted out to rapist? Is raping the young gentile virgins or worshippers of Ba'al considered a bad thing in the eyes of Yahweh the tribal God of the ancient Jews? If you were living close to the ancient Hebrews your sisters or female relatives would have been raped under the divine command of Yahweh and taken as spoils of war and non of the "chosen people" people would have been punished.

dont respond here much not because i do not wish to but because i have much more to do than respond to people who are nothing but trolls. You can look that up. 

As Mazaje rightly said why did you respond to the post initally if you have better things to do than respond to people who are nothing but trolls? grin You seem not to understand yourself. You say one thing and then turn around and do the opposite.

Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 1:14am On Apr 03, 2009
toneyb:

You want me to read about the strict punishment meted out to rapist? Is raping the young gentile virgins or worshppers of Ba'al considered a bad thing in the eyes of Yahweh the tribal God of the ancient Jews? If you were living close to the ancient Hebrews your sisters  or female relatives would have been raped under the divine command of Yahweh and non of the "chosen people" people would have been punished.

his sisters/female relatives would not only be raped they would have been scarificed to yahweh to end disputes the way it was done in the old testament. . . .

As Mazaje rightly said why did you respond to the post initally if you have better things to do than respond to people who are nothing but trolls? grin You seem not to understand yourself. You say one thing and then turn around and do the opposite.

davidylan never seems to be here or there, when ever he lacks ideas on how to defend the bible, he comes up with these same meaningless excuses. i notice he never does the same when debating the moslems. . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by dbaptist1(m): 1:19am On Apr 03, 2009
joblessness na bad tin
wetin xtianity do u
watever u call ur name
or do u tink ur parents dat named u after a Bible xter , David , are fools
well ur topic is not bad cus its a bad tin 2 be obsessed wit religion.
on dat i agree with u but the contents of ur write-up is sacrilegious
may God 4give u
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 1:22am On Apr 03, 2009
mazaje:

his sisters/female relatives would not only be raped they would have been scarificed to yahweh to end disputes the way it was done in the old testament. . . .

grin ROTFLMAO
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 1:23am On Apr 03, 2009
d-baptist:

joblessness na bad tin
wetin xtianity do u
watever u call ur name
or do u tink ur parents dat named u after a Bible xter , David , are fools
well ur topic is not bad cus its a bad tin 2 be obsessed wit religion.
on dat i agree with u but the contents of ur write-up is sacrilegious
may God 4give u

grin
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 1:50am On Apr 03, 2009
mazaje:

i rather be a copy paste machine than to believe in the words and imagination of ancient normads who wrote on stones and thought that the world was flat and the center of the universe. . . .  i rather be a copy paste machine than allow ancient hebrew men to think or imagine for me. . . .i rather be a copy paste machine than to blindly follow and accept as "truth" the ideas an imaginations of ancient jews that believed that their all powerful god lived inside a wooden ark that they created. . . .

grin ROTFLAMO
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by dbaptist1(m): 1:59am On Apr 03, 2009
u know one tin tony sorry i cald u Daniel
knowledge puffs up and i tot u were the one who composed that stuff but well since its not u Thank God but u still should not believe everytin u read online or pick up any tin u see anywhere cus dis particular one is an insult to my father in heaven
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 03, 2009
toneyb:

grin Mazaje has shown that he has more cluess about the bible and the faith you claim you have more than you at least, all I see from you is nothing but meaningless apologetics including outright lies when you feel it will do you some good.

How did he show this? Pray pls tell . . . and where are the "outright lies"? You have the chance to show me this two points on this thread or else be regarded as nothing more than another noisy but empty barrel. Thank you.

toneyb:

You want me to read about the strict punishment meted out to rapist? Is raping the young gentile virgins or worshppers of Ba'al considered a bad thing in the eyes of Yahweh the tribal God of the ancient Jews? If you were living close to the ancient Hebrews your sisters or female relatives would have been raped under the divine command of Yahweh and non of the "chosen people" people would have been punished.

where did Yahweh tell you to do this? Again show us or forever become another high sounding dishonest cymbal.

toneyb:

mazaje will say anything, goons like you just lap it up and start crowing. The only reason i am bothering to reply is that you post tons of irrelevant dross and when we choose not to respond jubilate that we have turned tail and run away . . . we havent done so, many just cant be bothered with airheads who think that by posting volumes of nebulous stuff they have shown us their "intelligence".
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 03, 2009
mazaje:

he read the story of jepthah and now claims that the bible advocated human sacrifice of just about everyone? This is about the only reason i respond to these fraudulent allegations, you never know who is reading this and believing the volume of dishonest bile being spewed here.

mazaje:

davidylan never seems to be here or there, when ever he lacks ideas on how to defend the bible, he comes up with these same meaningless excuses. i notice he never does the same when debating the moslems. . . .

Ahem same old tactic . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by toneyb: 3:09am On Apr 03, 2009
davidylan:

How did he show this? Pray pls tell . . . and where are the "outright lies"? You have the chance to show me this two points on this thread or else be regarded as nothing more than another noisy but empty barrel. Thank you.

I onced debated you on  another thread, you claimed that the Yeshua talked about in the Talmud was Jesus of the bible and you provided a quote from the Talmud. Here is what you wrote.

Quote from: davidylan on February 23, 2009, 03:57 AM
From the Rabbinic talmud - "On the eve of Passover they hanged Yeshu (of Nazareth) … he hath practiced sorcery and beguiled and led astray Israel. Let everyone knowing aught in his defense come and plead for him. But they found naught in his defense and hanged him on the eve of Passover"

Here is what the Rabbinic Talmud says.

"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, 'He is going forth to be stoned because he has practised sorcery and enticed Israel to apostacy.  Anyone who can say anything in his favour, let him come forward and plead on his behalf.' But since nothing was brought forward in his favour he was hanged on the eve of the Passover."

You cleaverly and delibrately ommited the parts that will make rubbish of your claims. Did the bible tell you that a hereld went forth forty days before Jesus' execution and cried that he was going to be stoned? you delibrately removed that part from your "Rabbinic Talmud" quote, that is self is outright dishonesty. You added Yeshu of Nazareth when nothing like that exist in the Talmud, I even had to post the passage for you in original hebrew to show you that no Jesus of Narareth exist in the Talmud, it was your own addition.

By the way the Synoptic Gospels have Jesus being executed on Passover itself and not the eve of Passover. You forgot about that and insited that the Yeshua that  was hanged on the eve of passover is the Yeshua of the bible even when the gospel of Mark said that Jesus was crucified on the passover day itself.

Mark 14:12
And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

Mark 15:25
And it was the third hour, and they crucified him

This is one lie you have been caught engaging in.

where did Yahweh tell you to do this? Again show us or forever become another high sounding dishonest cymbal.

In the bible.

Deu 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
Deu 21:11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
Deu 21:12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
Deu 21:13  And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
Deu 21:14  And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

If this is not rape then I agree I don't know the defination of rape.

More advise to take women and rape them as spoils of war.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

The chosen ones of Yahweh are to enjoy the spoils of war, the spoils also include women. What kind of God approves of murder, rape, and slavery?

(Numbers 31:7-18)
If you read (Numbers 31:7-18) You will see that they attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men.  All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle.  They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.  Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder.  They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived.  After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp.  But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle.  "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded.  "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor.  They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people.  Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. Clearly This show that Moses and God approves of rape of virgins. If you were alive and living in any of the towns that had been marked for destruction by the tribal God of the ancient Jews your female relatives would have been repeatedly rape by the chosen people of Yahweh.

mazaje will say anything, goons like you just lap it up and start crowing. The only reason i am bothering to reply is that you post tons of irrelevant dross and when we choose not to respond jubilate that we have turned tail and run away . . . we havent done so, many just cant be bothered with airheads who think that by posting volumes of nebulous stuff they have shown us their "intelligence".

Why are you always bothered with the word intelligence? You believe in outlandish myths and legends of the anceint Hebrews and you get angry when people laugh at you?  grin
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 3:19am On Apr 03, 2009
davidylan:

[b]he read the story of jepthah and now claims that the bible advocated human sacrifice of just about everyone? [/b]This is about the only reason i respond to these fraudulent allegations, you never know who is reading this and believing the volume of dishonest bile being spewed here.

was the daughter of jeptha sacrificed to yahweh to end disputes? yes she was, did yahweh tell abraham to scarifice his son unto him? yes he did. . . if you don't like those parts you can tear them off from your bible so that you don't come across them when reading your bible. . . .if allah had accepted human scarifice in the koran i know you will be all over you head screaming on how wicked and evil he is. . . . what a goon. . . .

Ahem same old tactic . . .

yep i learnt it from you. . . . keep on living in your bubble of delusion. . . thou idiot. . . .
Re: Top Ten Indications That You’re Over-obsessed With Religion by mazaje(m): 3:23am On Apr 03, 2009
toneyb  grin grin grin grin i just finished reading your relpy to nairalands biggest hypocrite. . .you have really shown what a liar he really is. . . . imagine davidylan telling you to show him where rape of the gentiles was commanded by the yahweh the ancient god of the jews. . . . grin grin grin i would have posted more but the ones you have provided are enough for now. . . . . if his tribe and family were living close to yahweh'chosen people at that time his female relatives and sisters would have been offered as scacrificial virgins unto yahweh the tribal god of the ancient jews in other to end disputes as it was done in some parts of the old testament. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are There Human On Earth Before Adam? / Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? / All Atheist Will Have Their Place In The Lake Of Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.