Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? (5384 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? / Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by asco15(m): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
I noticed that millions of people pray to Mary (and angels and saints) all over the world, here in Nigeria, Rome, Brazil, Ireland, France, etc. And sometimes they all pray to her at the same time, especially during her feast or solemnity day.
My question is can she (or they) be everywhere at the same time to listen to their prayers? Is she (Mary) omnipresent like God. Because God is omnipresent and thats why we can all call Him at the same time and He can hear us. Even the devil is not everywhere at the same time, he spreads his agents to be everywhere and they give report back to him(satan).
Please i need your answers with concrete proof. Don't lie if you don't know what to type.
Also when and how did the use of images started in the church, because none of the early christians used it as recorded, and i think many bible verses criticize it use in worship.
Thanks for your sincere answers in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
my brother
why did you allow the devil to rid you of the treasure that you possessed before. I saw in your post where you wrote that you were a slave of love before you changed church. I am also a slave of love just as you were before. I was not happy when I read that you have abandoned your birth faith to a new one. God in his infinite mysterious plan knows why He created you to be a Catholic and also why he have you to His holy mother through the devotion of holy slavery. it is a grace that He ordains not from our will but you have abandoned them all. you have abandoned the sacraments which you were to survive on as a born-Catholic and now you are wandering in darkness of signs and wonders. you left the church that preaches righteousness and jumped to the one that preaches salvation not knowing that salvation is the end product of righteousness. Now you are attacking Catholic church and it's teachings more especially mother Mary whom you consecrated your soul to. why?

Rewind your life to when you are a Catholic, telling yourself the truth, figure out the reasons why you left Catholic church and you will only realise that the root is weather disobedience, pride, or search for miracle. Ask yourself that if after dying, I see mother Mary as my only intercessor with the supreme judge Jesus, with what look will she behold me? I love you that is why I am calling you back to your God - given faith. Remain blessed +
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by woky: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2013
stanchris4reality: my brother
why did you allow the devil to rid you of the treasure that you possessed before. I saw in your post where you wrote that you were a slave of love before you changed church. I am also a slave of love just as you were before. I was not happy when I read that you have abandoned your birth faith to a new one. God in his infinite mysterious plan knows why He created you to be a Catholic and also why he have you to His holy mother through the devotion of holy slavery. it is a grace that He ordains not from our will but you have abandoned them all. you have abandoned the sacraments which you were to survive on as a born-Catholic and now you are wandering in darkness of signs and wonders. you left the church that preaches righteousness and jumped to the one that preaches salvation not knowing that salvation is the end product of righteousness. Now you are attacking Catholic church and it's teachings more especially mother Mary whom you consecrated your soul to. why?

Rewind your life to when you are a Catholic, telling yourself the truth, figure out the reasons why you left Catholic church and you will only realise that the root is weather disobedience, pride, or search for miracle. Ask yourself that if after dying, I see mother Mary as my only intercessor with the supreme judge Jesus, with what look will she behold me? I love you that is why I am calling you back to your God - given faith. Remain blessed +

nice comment bro, i pray he heed to it
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by asco15(m): 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
stanchris4reality: my brother

U dn't answer my questions. Dis questions and many more were what contributed to my leaving the cath. Ch. I even asked a priest but he dn't give me a reasonable ans. Is as if he is nt even sure of d ans he gave me.
U must realise dat d early xtian dn't practise any special devotion to Mary. And i cn tell u dat my life is far beta dan wen i was a promoter, beside, d manifestation of d power of d Holy ghost is lacking in d cath ch.
I tink u sud try oda genuine bible ch and experience d holy spirit in ur life.
I wish dat all my cath brethrens cn come into dis light in Jesus' name.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by damerry(m): 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ op. let me give you what i have.

Concerning the use of images, few images we have now in catholicism date back to the times of the apostles e.g. Saint Luke author of Luke's gospel. He was a painter and made famous images of Madonna and child Jesus.

E.g. Image of Our lady of perpetual help.

Concerning the early church having a devotion to Mary I'll love to give you this 3rd century prayer

We fly to thy patronage O Holy Mother of God, despise not our prayers in our necessities, but ever deliver us from all dangers, O Glorious and Blessed Virgin. Amen. (AD250)

apart from the holy mass which Christ himself was the first to celebrate during the last supper, most other devotions, teachings, doctrines and dogmas came about as the church continued to grow through out ages by the inspiration of the Holy spirit.

E.g. The definition of the 7 sacraments of the church as we have it today took 10 centuries before it was fully compiled, because the church had to counter all heresies before presenting it as non-error.

Even the creeds took alot of years before it was fully compiled as different heresies were been dealt with.

In conclusion, Rome was not built in a day, even at this present age Jesus continues to call people to himself by introducing pious devotion through visionaries.

Go and do a fair-minded research bro. Peace smiley
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by asco15(m): 10:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
damerry: @ op. let me give you what i have.

Concerning the use of images, few images we have now in catholicism date back to the times of the apostles e.g. Saint Luke author of Luke's gospel. He was a painter and made famous images of Madonna and child Jesus.

Concerning the early church having a devotion to Mary I'll love to give you this 3rd century prayer

We fly to thy patronage O Holy Mother of God, despise not our prayers in our necessities, but ever deliver us from all dangers, O Glorious and Blessed Virgin. Amen. (AD250)

apart from the holy mass which Christ himself was the first to celebrate during the last supper, most other devotions, teachings, doctrines and dogmas came about as the church continued to grow through out ages by the inspiration of the Holy spirit.

E.g. The definition of the 7 sacraments of the church as we have it today took 10 centuries before it was fully compiled, because the church had to counter all heresies before presenting it as non-error.

Even the creeds took alot of years before it was fully compiled as different heresies were been dealt with.

In conclusion, Rome was not built in a day, even at this present age Jesus continues to call people to himself by introducing pious devotion through visionaries.

Go and do a fair-minded research bro. Peace smiley
u try bro. But u dn't ans d first question. Is mary omnipresent?

1 Like

Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by damerry(m): 6:55am On Oct 25, 2013
asco15:
u try bro. But u dn't ans d first question. Is mary omnipresent?
First of all, Are you cleared on the subject that the use of images during worship date back to the time of the apostles and that St. Luke was the first person to complete pictures of the holy Mother of God carrying the Child of God in her arms, which He showed to the Holy Virgin for approval, while she was still alive and St. Luke made pictures of the Holy Apostles and bestowed upon the Church this pious and holy tradition of venerating the icons of Christ and His Saints??

Secondly, have you firmly believed that the early church had a devotion to mary??

If yes, we can procced to your first question, because if you Don't really believe these minor and clear empirical facts, i don't think you will believe what i and other Catholics have to say concerning your first question.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by kcjazz(m): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2013
Only God is omnipresent. Mary is not. The devil and demons are not as well.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by forexprophet(m): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2013
damerry: @ op. let me give you what i have.

In conclusion, Rome was not
built in a day, even at this present age Jesus continues to call people to himself by introducing pious devotion through visionaries.

Go and do a fair-minded research bro.
Peace smiley

LIAR LUKE WAS A DOCTOR. The problem wit catholic is purely lack of knowledge. They follow what is not in d bible but tradition dat was given to them by roman idolatry practices.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by damerry(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet:

LIAR LUKE WAS A DOCTOR.
Apart from being a physician, He was also an artist/painter Go and do your research again, the op asked if using images for worship was associated with the early church, there i made an allusion of saint Luke being an artist. Please kindly recant your statement, i ain't a LAIR.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by damerry(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet:

The problem wit catholic is purely lack of knowledge. They follow what is not in d bible but tradition dat was given to them by roman idolatry practices.
Fortunately we catholic have a place where junks like this rest in peace. Your opinion has been duly noted.

Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Syncan(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2013
For any one who wish to know. It is scriptural that those with God share in certain aspects of Him. Note that any of these attributes such as Omnipotence,Omnipresence, Omniscience are God's alone and His to give. Believing that God cannot make another Omnipresent, is already a doubt on the omnipotence of God.

Scriptural backing could be found in these:

1.Even while in this mortal frame, we share in these aspects to the level that God allows and to which our mortal limitations could tolerate. Our Lords speech in Matt 17:20, "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you". If nothing is impossible to any one, is that not what omnipotence is? However note that it is your level of cooperation with the omnipotent God that grants you that. Bi-location is a share in omnipresence for those still limited by this flesh, degrees vary according to the measure God grants the individual. You may want to Google and read about Padre Pio.

2. For one who is no longer in the mortal frame, but is with God. These attributes come to the most perfect level it can be, for the cooperation of this individual is perfect and found worthy of the heavenly Jerusalem(Heb 12:22-23). So those who live with God share in a more sublime manner, these attributes of God. I shall give support for angels and for saints as seen in the passage above as inhabitants of Heaven with God.

2a Angels. Lk 15:10 "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth". It matters not where the sinner is, in a hole,in the mountain, in the sea, on land,in public, in secret etc. If he repents, there is immediately joy among the angels that is Omniscience and Omnipresence shared by the angels. Again because of their cooperation with the Omniscient and Omnipresent God.

2b. Saints. 1cor 13:12 " For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." St. Paul makes it clear here that earthly limitation to his knowledge will cease in heaven as he will be fully united to the all Knowing(Omniscient) God. He will know even as much as he is known!

1 Like

Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by forexprophet(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2013
@ damerry and others: I was much more a catholic than u were. It was in my 3rd year at the Major seminary that my lecturer told me d truth secretly about the origin of the worship of mary in d cath. church, emperor constatine who forced himself to bcome d first pope......(peter was never a pope). how he introduced roman idolatries into the church at rome dat was planted by paul b4 it was taken over by the emperor,the church at jerusalem was not part of all d take over.......later paul had to write them a later in Romans 1:1- the end warning of the idolatry. It was d church at rome that became THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. And becos it has d backing of the emperor/pope who was the super power of the then political world, the Roman catholic church spread like wild fire by persecuting other part of churches planted by the apostles......this refered to the INQUISITION PERIOD and this ushered in what is called THE DARK AGE OF THE CHURCH. Pope/emperor ordered dat those who do not accept his idolatarous mixed christianity shuld b burnt alive.......

I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SHOULD DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL

Time will fail me to tell u all more. but i will b posting more of d UNKNOWN SECRET that average catholics are ignorant about. i wil soon post d secrets of NIMROD AND SERAMIS which is d root of "the woman and d child" image in d cath church, VATICAN I & II etc
You hv stirred d bee hornet my friend. sit down drop all the thing u tink u know and make some research

I HV SINCE LEFT THE SEMINARY SHORTLY BEFORE OUR ORDINATION WHEN WE WERE ABOUT TO TAKE THE OATH OF SECRECY to keep the cath church secrets secret...........dat is why no rev. father wil giv u straight forward answer if u ask him deep question about the cath. church.

Honestly, i hv deep concern and pity for multitude of blind follower who dont knw dat the cath church is jst Roman branch of the jerusalem dat was corrupted by roman idol worship.......... wil post soon
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Syncan(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet: I was much more a catholic than u were. It was in my 3rd year at the Major seminary that my lecturer told me d truth secretly about the origin of the worship of mary in d cath. church, emperor constatine who forced himself to bcome d first pope......(peter was never a pope). how he introduced roman idolatries into the church at rome dat was planted by paul b4 it was taken over by the emperor,the church at jerusalem was not part of all d take over.......later paul had to write them a later in Romans 1:1- the end warning of the idolatry. It was d church at rome that became THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. And becos it has d backing of the emperor/pope who was the super power of the then political world, the Roman catholic church spread like wild fire by persecuting other part of churches planted by the apostles......this refered to the INQUISITION PERIOD and this ushered in what is called THE DARK AGE OF THE CHURCH. Pope/emperor ordered dat those who do not accept his idolatarous mixed christianity shuld b burnt alive.......

Time will fail me to tell u all more. but i will b posting more of d UNKNOWN SECRET that average catholics are ignorant about. i wil soon post d secrets of NIMROD AND SERAMIS which is d root of "the woman and d child" image in d cath church, VATICAN I & II etc
You hv stirred d bee hornet my friend. sit down drop all the thing u tink u know and make some research

I HV SINCE LEFT THE SEMINARY SHORTLY BEFORE OUR ORDINATION WHEN WE WERE ABOUT TO TAKE THE OATH OF SECRECY to keep the cath church secrets secret...........dat is why no rev. father wil giv u straight forward answer if u ask him deep question about the cath. church.

Honestly, i hv deep concern and pity for multitude of blind follower who dont knw dat the cath church is jst Roman branch of the jerusalem dat was corrupted by roman idol worship.......... wil post soon

Yeah @ falseprophet, your lies are noted.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by forexprophet(m): 8:51am On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan: For any one who wish to know. It is scriptural that those with God share in certain aspects of Him. Note that any of these attributes such as Omnipotence,Omnipresence, Omniscience are God's alone and His to give. Believing that God cannot make another Omnipresent, is already a doubt on the omnipotence of God.

Scriptural backing could be found in these:

1.Even while in this mortal frame, we share in these aspects to the level that God allows and to which our mortal limitations could tolerate. Our Lords speech in Matt 17:20, "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you". If nothing is impossible to any one, is that not what omnipotence is? However note that it is your level of cooperation with the omnipotent God that grants you that. Bi-location is a share in omnipresence for those still limited by this flesh, degrees vary according to the measure God grants the individual. You may want to Google and read about Padre Pio.

2. For one who is no longer in the mortal frame, but is with God. These attributes come to the most perfect level it can be, for the cooperation of this individual is perfect and found worthy of the heavenly Jerusalem(Heb 12:22-23). So those who live with God share in a more sublime manner, these attributes of God. I shall give support for angels and for saints as seen in the passage above as inhabitants of Heaven with God.

2a Angels. Lk 15:10 "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth". It matters not where the sinner is, in a hole,in the mountain, in the sea, on land,in public, in secret etc. If he repents, there is immediately joy among the angels that is Omniscience and Omnipresence shared by the angels. Again because of their cooperation with the Omniscient and Omnipresent God.

2b. Saints. 1cor 13:12 " For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." St. Paul makes it clear here that earthly limitation to his knowledge will cease in heaven as he will be fully united to the all Knowing(Omniscient) God. He will know even as much as he is known!

THIS IS ERKANKER TEACHING....
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Syncan(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet:

THIS IS ERKANKER TEACHING....

Ofcourse, what do I expect from the falseprophet, Scripture is erkankar teaching...
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by italo: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2013
"God is omnipotent (all powerful) and he can do all things. Making it possible for saints and angels to hear us is hardly a challenge for God. In Luke 16: 19-30, Jesus giving an example of a rich man in Hades calling on Abraham in heaven to go tell his brothers to reform their lives. AND Abraham hears him!"--Fr Vincent Serpa of Catholic Answers.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by italo: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2013
@ Syncan, nice one.

If only we weren't talking to close-minded people.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Syncan(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2013
italo: @ Syncan, nice one.

If only we weren't talking to close-minded people.

Thanks bro, we keep working and praying.

For those who think Images were a modern day introduction, with lies from the depth of hell about Seramis and co,and about emperor constantine 306-337AD.Lets see the words of Eusebius, Bishop of Caeaseria in Palestine, born in 260AD and died in 341AD. This Bishop wrote a most insightful knowledge about early Christianity in what he termed "church history". In Church history VII.18, he wrote:

"[b]1. Since I have mentioned this city I do not think it proper to omit an account which is worthy of record for posterity. For they say that the woman with an issue of blood, who, as we learn from the sacred Gospel, received from our Saviour deliverance from her affliction, came from this place, and that her house is shown in the city, and that remarkable memorials of the kindness of the Saviour to her remain there.

2. For there stands upon an elevated stone, by the gates of her house, a brazen image of a woman kneeling, with her hands stretched out, as if she were praying. Opposite this is another upright image of a man, made of the same material, clothed decently in a double cloak, and extending his hand toward the woman. At his feet, beside the statue itself, is a certain strange plant, which climbs up to the hem of the brazen cloak, and is a remedy for all kinds of diseases.

3. They say that this statue is an image of Jesus. It has remained to our day, so that we ourselves also saw it when we were staying in the city.

4. Nor is it strange that those of the Gentiles who, of old, were benefited by our Saviour, should have done such things, since we have learned also that the likenesses of his apostles Paul and Peter, and of Christ himself, are preserved in paintings, the ancients being accustomed, as it is likely, according to a habit of the Gentiles, to pay this kind of honor indiscriminately to those regarded by them as deliverers.[/b]"

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/250107.htm
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by forexprophet(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan:

Ofcourse, what do I expect from the falseprophet, Scripture is erkankar teaching.

Turning d scripture upside down......to suit ur believe........heresy......thats all u said
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by forexprophet(m): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan:

For those who think Images were a modern day introduction, with lies from the depth of hell about Seramis and co,and about emperor constantine 306-337AD.Lets see the words of Eusebius, Bishop of Caeaseria in Palestine, born in 260AD and died in 341AD. This Bishop wrote a most insightful knowledge about early Christianity in what he termed "church history". In Church history VII.18, he wrote:

"[b]1. Since I have mentioned this city I do not think it proper to omit an account which is worthy of record for posterity. For they say that the woman with an issue of blood, who, as we learn from the sacred Gospel, received from our Saviour deliverance from her affliction, came from this place, and that her house is shown in the city, and that remarkable memorials of the kindness of the Saviour to her remain there.

2. For there stands upon an elevated stone, by the gates of her house, a brazen image of a woman kneeling, with her hands stretched out, as if she were praying. Opposite this is another upright image of a man, made of the same material, clothed decently in a double cloak, and extending his hand toward the woman. At his feet, beside the statue itself, is a certain strange plant, which climbs up to the hem of the brazen cloak, and is a remedy for all kinds of diseases.

3. They say that this statue is an image of Jesus. It has remained to our day, so that we ourselves also saw it when we were staying in the city.

4. Nor is it strange that those of the Gentiles who, of old, were benefited by our Saviour, should have done such things, since we have learned also that the likenesses of his apostles Paul and Peter, and of Christ himself, are preserved in paintings, the ancients being accustomed, as it is likely, according to a habit of the Gentiles, to pay this kind of honor indiscriminately to those regarded by them as deliverers.[/b]"

QUOTE FROM THE BIBLE NOT BISHOP
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by italo: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet:

He quoted the Bible, you said Bible was eckankar teaching.

He quoted a Bishop (and it was Bishops that compiled the Bible), you say he should go back to the Bible which you called eckankar teaching.

Maybe you should do some quoting yourself.

Tell us where the Bible days Mary cannot hear millions of prayers at the same time.

Which chapter and verse?

And tell us where the Bible says anything must be in the Bible for Christians to do it.

Where did Bible even mention Bible?
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet:

the op asked about the early church, so and account of a 3rd century bishop is totally neccesary.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by damerry(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet: @ damerry and others: I was much more a catholic than u were. It was in my 3rd year at the Major seminary that my lecturer told me d truth secretly about the origin of the worship of mary in d cath. church, emperor constatine who forced himself to bcome d first pope......(peter was never a pope). how he introduced roman idolatries into the church at rome dat was planted by paul b4 it was taken over by the emperor,the church at jerusalem was not part of all d take over.......later paul had to write them a later in Romans 1:1- the end warning of the idolatry. It was d church at rome that became THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. And becos it has d backing of the emperor/pope who was the super power of the then political world, the Roman catholic church spread like wild fire by persecuting other part of churches planted by the apostles......this refered to the INQUISITION PERIOD and this ushered in what is called THE DARK AGE OF THE CHURCH. Pope/emperor ordered dat those who do not accept his idolatarous mixed christianity shuld b burnt alive.......

Lair!!! Have anyone noticed this concoct? YOU WEREN'T AND NEVER A MAJOR SEMINARIAN. What shall it profit you to post lies just to defend your opinion concerning matters of faith THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS OATH OF SECRECY BEFORE AND DURING ORDINATION!!!

First of all, you're not even a catholic! Which catholic church have u seen worshipping Mary
Have you been to a catholic church where the sacrifice of holy mass was offered to Mary? Whats your definition of worship TELL ME, HOW DID YOU WORSHIP MARY WHILST YOU WERE A SEMINARIAN (as you claimed to be one)

Guy u're a learner! Your lies have been duly noted.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:06am On Oct 25, 2013
your 1st question is wierd, it is like saying 'd angels are not omniscient, how do they know every conversion on earth?'.
The the glory of heaven consist in sharing the attributes of God, you are now fully in God, now everything is posible. They simply share in the glory of God.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by italo: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2013
forexprophet: @ damerry and others: I was much more a catholic than u were. It was in my 3rd year at the Major seminary that my lecturer told me d truth secretly about the origin of the worship of mary in d cath. church, emperor constatine who forced himself to bcome d first pope......(peter was never a pope). how he introduced roman idolatries into the church at rome dat was planted by paul b4 it was taken over by the emperor,the church at jerusalem was not part of all d take over.......later paul had to write them a later in Romans 1:1- the end warning of the idolatry. It was d church at rome that became THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. And becos it has d backing of the emperor/pope who was the super power of the then political world, the Roman catholic church spread like wild fire by persecuting other part of churches planted by the apostles......this refered to the INQUISITION PERIOD and this ushered in what is called THE DARK AGE OF THE CHURCH. Pope/emperor ordered dat those who do not accept his idolatarous mixed christianity shuld b burnt alive.......

Unfortunately, these are the kind of people we have to reason with.

People who find it easy to tell blatant lies against the Church just to discredit it.

...and yes, we know satan is the father of lies.
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by woky: 11:43am On Oct 25, 2013

must you lie
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by italo: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
woky: must you lie

How else can one challenge truth, but with lies?
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan:

Quoting Eusebius is as bad as it gets ! The father of pious forgery. How did the Jesus Epistles work out for you all ?
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sarassin:

Quoting Eusebius is as bad as it gets ! The father of pious forgery. How did the Jesus Epistles work out for you all ?

Eusebius father of pious forgery? How desperate can you peeps be?
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
chukwudi44:

Eusebius father of pious forgery? How desperate can you peeps be?

Desperate ? I think not ! Pray do tell, what is your take on Eusebius and the infamous Jesus Epistle to the King of Edesus ?
Re: Is Mary Omnipresent (everywhere At Thesame Time)? by Syncan(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sarassin:

Desperate ? I think not ! Pray do tell, what is your take on Eusebius and the infamous Jesus Epistle to the King of Edesus ?

"The learned world have been much divided on this subject; but, notwithstanding that the erudite Grabe, with Archbishop Cave, Dr. Parker, and other divines, has strenuously contended for their admission into the canon of Scripture, they are deemed apocryphal". The Rev. Jeremiah Jones observes, that the common people in England have this Epistle in their houses, in many places, fixed in a frame, with the picture of Christ before it; and that they generally, with much honesty and devotion, regard it as the word of God, and the genuine Epistle of Christ.

http://ecmarsh.com/crl/lost_books/epistle_of_jesus.htm

The sentence in bold describes the state of things, it is not canon because the church has not said it is. However we who are present today owe the early church fathers for doing the hard work and canonizing the ones they feel sure. I do not have anything against him if he believes the epistle is canon worthy, as a personal view. Not everybody agreed on all the books.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking / Jesus Did Not Die For Everybody. / The Science Agenda To Exterminate Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.