Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Ghana: Nigerians Must Go - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana: Nigerians Must Go (6727 Views)

Why Nigerians Must Reject The Second Coming Of Buhari By Femi Aribisala / Omg! Father Mbaka, Buhari And All Nigerians Must Hear This / Nigerians Must Rise In Defense Of Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by ikeyman00(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@

never trust a ghanaian
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by WilyWily: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2009
chosen04:

so where do we go from here?
No where, Nigeria is a Land of No where.
The only thing we have to do is to Beg them. I knew why they are angry. the humiliation they received from the Hands of Yorubas during that GHANA MUST GO saga, the wounds are still fresh in their minds.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Chongaiman: 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2010
Honestly the way some of our countrymen behave 'outside' makes one feel uncomfortable. If there are no cracks on the wall the lizards would not enter the house. After all even when fellow Nigerians are caught in Italy, they claim Edo State. Our grouse should be directed at our thieving leaders who do not spread our commonwealth sufficiently. Meanwhile, the Ghanaians should consider themselves lucky. I almost laughed about the armed robbers still using knives, sickles! etc. I have been a victim of armed robbers twice in Naija. I can only thank God for his mercies.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by james1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2010
@viewers.really long,so how does this concern 9ja peeps?**yawns**someon.somebody get Mills a copy of this letter,
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by ifele(m): 2:30am On Jul 04, 2010
niger(ia) is done. done i tell you.done. messed up.lol
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Justcash(m): 3:53am On Jul 04, 2010
Nigerians must go has already started o! Below is an instance;

[center]Ghanaians move against Nollywood[/center]
•Nigerian Actors to pay $1000, producers pay $5000 to work in Ghana
•Nollywood retaliates
By Samuel Olatunji
Sunday, July 04, 2010

Arinze
Photo: Sun News Publishing

Showpiece Index

The relationship between Nigerian movie industry otherwise known as Nollywood and Ghanaian movie industry popularly known as Ghollywood is strained now due to a resolution by Ghollywood that Nollywood is “dim, insulting and retarded”.

The Ghana Actors’ Guild penultimate week reached a resolution that henceforth any Nigerian producer that wants to work in Ghana must pay $5000 while Nigerian actors must pay $1000 per movie. Producers must also pay $300 for every Nigerian crewmember on set. What is however not clear is whether it is the actor that must cough out the $1000 or the producer using the actor?

[b]The move SBN learnt, did not go down well with stakeholders in Nollywood who feel Ghanaians are biting the fingers that fed them. “How in the world can Ghanaians ever think up such idea? We taught them our way, make their actors popular, put food on the table of their stars, show them the way to go in movie making, established interesting collaborations with them and even gave them awards and recognition they would not have gotten anywhere.

[b]Our company endorsed their stars, and we are part of the reason their economy is working. This move is retarded. Ghanaians are ingrates and are becoming greedy. We will show them we are ten steps ahead of them” a Nollywood stakeholder who does not want his name in print told us. Factional president of Actors Guild of Nigeria, Mr Segun Arinze said “we are meeting to review the situation and I will let you know our decision”.

However, a source told us that Nollywood has already reached a decision which might finally put an end to the working relationship between Ghanaian and Nigerian actors. Nollywood has also resolved that every Ghanaian actor will pay $2,000 while producers will pay $7,000 and the resolution will be effective from July. AGN has also agreed to persuade all corporate bodies in Nigeria to stop employing Ghanaians . “Whether it is endorsement, invitation to event or anything at all, all patriotic corporate bodies must as a matter of urgency stop patronizing Ghanaians because they now see us as enem[/b]ies”, they said.[/b]

Another Nollywooder who doesn’t want his name in print points out that Ghanaians are becoming increasingly anti-Nigeria. “I have reasons to believe that Ghanainas are becoming increasingly anti-Nigerian. The other time they came up with a resolution that it is only one Nigerian movie that should be released in Ghana per week. We felt that they were trying to develop their market. Then when Globacom entered their market, they sent people out to vandalize their equipment and now we have to pay $5000.

This is crap and very unbecoming of Ghanaians”, he said.
The deteriorating relationship SBN learnt, has sent jitters down the spine of Ghanaians working in Nigeria among them Van Vicker, Nadia Bhuari, John Dumelo, Jackie Appiah and Majid Michael. The actors are against the move and many of them felt members of the guilds who reached the decision without their (actors) input are jealous and jobless. “If they are working, they won’t reach that kind of decision. They are jobless lots who are inspired by boredom to always stir the hornet’s nest unnecessarily” a Ghanaian actress told us.

When SBN spoke to Van Vicker, he said he was not in a position to talk. “My guy, I can’t talk on that o since I wasn’t there and I don’t have much information now. Moreover I’m not president of Ghana’s Actors Guild” he said.
Nadia Bhuari we learnt, might also be affected as she is presently the face of Devon Soap which is manufactured by Orange Drugs.

Source: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2010/july/04/showpiece-04-07-2010-001.htm

We will definitely see who the looser will be at the end.  grin grin grin grin
I bet more Nigerian stars will emerge in Nollywood.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 04, 2010
Our company endorsed their stars, and we are part of the reason their economy is working. This move is retarded. Ghanaians are ingrates and are becoming greedy. We will show them we are ten steps ahead of them” a Nollywood stakeholder who does not want his name in print told us. Factional president of Actors Guild of Nigeria, Mr Segun Arinze said “we are meeting to review the situation and I will let you know our decision”.

Will this one keep quiet.

Ghana needs to teach them how to create sensible movies. Can barely remember the last time I watched a Nollywood film.

RRR- Reduced [sense in movie], Reused [overgown actors, some even acting as secondary school children], Recycled [Plots].
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by londoner: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2010
I believe Nigerians should withdraw from Ghana and take every last penny back with them, including the banks. Invest in neighbouring countries around Ghana and let them benefit. Ghanaians are a two faced set of people.If they dont want Nigerian investment, then why force it on them?

@Ileke Idi, you admitted you havent watched Nollywood in a long time, so you are out of touch with the new wonderful productions that are coming out of Nigeria to date. Watch any Emem Isong movie of late or Nnenda, Amazing Grace etc before you start talking. You are out of touch and also misinformed by friend.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Adonike(m): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2010
Ghana cannot be measured up with Nigeria in any way at all! at all!! I believe MILL was only trying to be diplomatic. Once again, Nigeria is better than 'small' Ghana no matter how you want to see it.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by londoner: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2010
Nigerians need to take their investments out of Ghana, simple. Its not business friendly to all, only non Blacks. Africa is a big continent, going to Ghana to live or business is just one of those fashionable fads which will soon pass. Even if they dont want to reinvest into Nigeria there are other countries less xenophobic to Nigerians.

They are beginning to feel that they are the only option in Africa. Its really not about measuring up each country, at the end of the day people are leaving Nigeria to Ghana, but now they are about to discover that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

It is no big deal for Nigerians to stop filming in Ghana, that is the solution. Film in Nigeria or even neighbouring countries, and start to invite their stars to join us. When they also begin to see success and a following, Ghana will regret its decision.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by sd6: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2010
Do they have the "NIGERIA MUST GO BAG"? i want to buy. Lol
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by idnole4(m): 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2010
The era of 'Ghana-must-go' has gone; I mean, it has gone into the dustbin of of history. Is it not that the unified Ecowas passport allow a Nigerian to live in any Ecowas country for 90days? The Ghanians should put there house in order, equip their police and develop their security systems rather than blaming foreigners for the increase in crime rate in their country,
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2010
sd-6:

Do they have the "NIGERIA MUST GO BAG"? i want to buy. Lol
Me too, I hope they're stronger than our GHANA-MUST-GO.

londoner:

@Ileke Idi, you admitted you havent watched Nollywood in a long time, so you are out of touch with the new wonderful productions that are coming out of Nigeria to date. Watch any Emem Isong movie of late or Nnenda, Amazing Grace etc before you start talking. You are out of touch and also misinformed by friend.
ROTFL!!!!! Honey, I see the trailers, I read comments here and hear them from peeps, same shoit.

Sorry, if it's not Yoruba, I dnt watch.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Gayigaskia(m): 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2010
Why don't GJ suspends Nigerians from going out of the country for two years until he moralizes the Nigerian people. grin grin grin
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by londoner: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2010
Ileke Idi, are Yorubas no longer Nigerian?

Which trailers did you watch? Did you watch the trailer of Amazing Grace? Ije? Nnenda? The Figurine? If you havent watched any of the quality which is now coming out of Nollywood, then you should know that you are speaking from ignorance.

Its not the same at all, thats how I know you are uninformed, the storylines are very different as well as the scripts.If you had watched them you would know that already.

@gayigaska
Ghanaians are not putting road blocks on Nollywood or Glo because they have done anything criminal or wrong, but because they are just a spiteful people when you scratch the surface far enough.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2010
londoner:

Ileke Idi, are Yorubas no longer Nigerian?

Which trailers did you watch? Did you watch the trailer of Amazing Grace? Ije? Nnenda? The Figurine? If you havent watched any of the quality which is now coming out of Nollywood, then you should know that you are speaking from ignorance.

Its not the same at all, thats how I know you are uninformed, the storylines are very different as well as the scripts.If you had watched them you would know that already.
Never assumed or suggested that Yorubas werent Nigerian

I watched Nollywood trailers. Abi wetin we dey talk abt again? I'm going to admit, Ije sounds like a great movie. But the ratio of 5 great movies to the rest of crappy movies Nollywood has produced/ are still producing is 1: 10000000000.  Am I talking out of ignorance, that's your opinion.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by londoner: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2010
Well, its not just about watcing any Nollywood trailers, there are quite a few quality productions out there, not just Ije either. Even if you look at Hollywood, most films made in the US are crap and go straight to video. its the same with any movie industry.

Your claim that Nollywood is the same as its always been is misinformed and outdated, yes thats my opinion.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2010
londoner:

Well, its not just about watcing any Nollywood trailers, there are quite a few quality productions out there, not just Ije either. Even if you look at Hollywood, most films made in the US are crap and go straight to video. its the same with any movie industry.

Your claim that Nollywood is the  same as its always been is misinformed and outdated, yes thats my opinion.
You dare compare Hollywood to Nollywood? Where's my pankere, someone needs to be spanked this morning.

Nollywood still has the same shoit,  RRR, and I stay adamant to my opinion. 5 moves does not change anything.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by irohadis: 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2010
I am not a xenophobe, but I believe it’s about time we make it mandatory that they return to their homeland.

This sounds to me like what white racists say before they express their racism toward others. Writer doesn't need to defend or affirm his xenophobic credentials. we can read between the lines.

It is people like these that the world should really be afraid of. This writer is more of a threat to social stability and harmony than armed robbers. Armed robbers may kill or maim a couple of people. People like these can incite genocide. This guy is scary.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by londoner: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You dare compare Hollywood to Nollywood? Where's my pankere, someone needs to be spanked this morning.

Nollywood still has the same shoit, RRR, and I stay adamant to my opinion. 5 moves does not change anything.

I did not compare Hollywood with Nollywood as an industry, I pointed out that EVEN in your precious Hollywood, most of the releases in the industry as a whole are crap, because only a select few even make it to the cinema in any given year. Thats fact.

As far as Nollywood, those new movies , which is more than just five, signify a new change in the industry which departs from what you once knew. You are detached from it but yet want to claim to be some kind of expert on the matter. Not even from what you have watched, but from what some friends tell you, lol, please.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Gbawe: 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2010
@Londoner.

Please stop trying to educate the ignorant and those who are irredeemable self-haters. The Nigeria who hates himself and his nation is the most pathetic on this forum. He/she is only here to tell us , without at all observing the salient facts, we deserve all the terrible things being visited against ordinary Nigerians because we have brought it upon ourselves. Never mind that some folk are shameless xenophobes with hateful minds who only want to target Nigerians unfairly to sate their feelings of inadequacies.

@ Londoner. By the way I made good over what I said on previous threads. I left Ghana for good and I am now in Lagos with my family and they love it here. My wife who is Ghanaian is terribly ashamed of Ghana and the xenophobic conducts of its people. In the end we decided that it is better to manage our investmests in Ghana from Nigeria than tolerate living in a place where unchecked xenophobia against Nigerians and other Africans (like Liberians) has , in a repulsive fashion, permeated every facet of ordinary life in Ghana. It is only Nigerians who have not experienced Ghana who will believe it is a paradise of development and sophistication. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The prejudice and bias in Ghana , against Nigerians , dwarfs , by far , anything I have witnessed in the UK in twenty years of living there. I warned the Ghanaians on this forum that it is better for them to be the voice of reason rather than play Ostriches. Since they are also haters, they preferred to pretend as if all Nigerians are making up stories about hostilities faced in Ghana.  Now , as I predicted, they will watch as Ghana descends further in an sin assembly of xenophobia that may spill into violence and chaos that will surely have negative repercussions Ghanaians will not be able to deal with.

Already the Ghanaian actors and actresses who make their money in Nollywood don't want to be part of this act of hate veiled as a measure to protect the Ghanaian movie industry (see below). These actors , like my wife previously , simply do not understand the extent of the hatred some of their Countrymen/women have for Nigerian and Nigerians to the extent that they are willing to cut their nose to spite their face.

Ordinarily, the arts and entertainment industry is one within which creativity, talent (wherever it is from) and inclusion must be encouraged rather than curtailed. Only blind hatred would make anyone seek to make the entertainment industry more protective when common sense tells us that no other industry benefits from openess and opportunities for all more than the entertainment business. Ghanaians are now shocking everyone with the extent of their hate and xenophobia but I am not shocked nor surprised since I have witnessed, first-hand, the rabid and growiung hatred for all things Nigerian in Ghana currently. Let them enjoy their xenophobic notoriety that will surely have negative reppercussion. It is amusing to see Ghana and Ghanaians squandering the goodwill they enjoyed because many Ghanaians have allowed their hearts to be blackened with hatred for others who are historically and genetically closer brothers than the fair-skinned and caucasian foreigners now worshipped in Ghana.

The actors are against the move and many of them felt members of the guilds who reached the decision without their (actors) input are jealous and jobless. “If they are working, they won’t reach that kind of decision. They are jobless lots who are inspired by boredom to always stir the hornet’s nest unnecessarily” a Ghanaian actress told us.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2010
Sigh. Roll my eyes. Hiss.

londoner:

I did not compare Hollywood with Nollywood as an industry, I pointed out that EVEN in your precious Hollywood, most of the releases in the industry as a whole are crap, because only a select few even make it to the cinema in any given year. Thats fact.

As far as Nollywood, those new movies , which is more than just five, signify a new change in the industry which departs from what you once knew. You are detached from it but yet want to claim to be some kind of expert on the matter. Not even from what you have watched, but from what some friends tell you, lol, please.
I agree with you, even Hollywood does produce crappy movies. However, Nollywood takes its own to another level.
I'm not sure if directors/producers should be totally blamed, or maybe its the lack of technology.

Some of their problems already listed on NL:

Lack of a coherent storyline

Un-necessary prolonging of a short story i.e. part 1, part 2, part 3

Imcompetent producers, actors and actresses

Indecent dressing

Poor endings to movies

Bad sound quality

Poor english and editing

Plagiarism

Usage of camcorder and camera phone to shoot movies

Consistent usage of the same set of cast and crew without checking suitability,

High turnover of crap movies

Excessive market influx of poor quality movies

Lack of common sense

When I said that I couldn't remember the last time I watched a Nollywood movie, how long ago did you think I meant? It was at the beginning of this year. Same crappy motives, crappy plots, makes no sense.

Please stop trying to educate the ignorant and those who are irredeemable self-haters. The Nigeria who hates himself and his nation is the most pathetic on this foru

Na who born this maga?

No, you dimwit, nobody is self-hating or hating their nation.

Pointing out a few minuses, admitting some wrongs is a positive direction. You're the one suffering from some form of inferiority complex. Nonsense.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I agree with you, even Hollywood does produce crappy movies. However, Nollywood takes its own to another level.
Nollywood definitely takes it to a whole 'nother dimention. Na by force to make movie? I don't watch nollywood movies anymore because I can't stand most of them . It is like COME ON!!!
Ileke-IdI:

I'm not sure if directors/producers should be totally blamed, or maybe its the lack of technology.
Even amateurs using a camcorder and some disks make good movies these days. Look on the internet for millions of samplings.

Ileke-IdI:

Na who born this maga?
Pointing out a few minuses, admitting some wrongs is a positive direction. You're the one suffering from some form of inferiority complex. Nonsense.
ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Nollywood definitely takes it to a whole 'nother dimention. Na by force to make movie? I don't watch nollywood movies anymore because I can't stand most of them . It is like COME ON!!! Even amateurs using a camcorder and some disks make good movies these days. Look on the internet for millions of samplings.
ROFLMAO!!!

Abi, one of their last movie I watched, the producer had the audacity to use a TOY helicopter as a real helicopter.

Another one, they used an obvious [b]cartoon [/b]accident scene for one of their scene.

These people must think the viewers are ediots.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Abi, one of their last movie I watched, the producer had the audacity to use a TOY helicopter as a real helicopter.
Another one, they used an obvious cartoon  accident scene for one of their scene.

These people must think the viewers are ediots.

[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]

OH MYGOSH!!! roflmao!

Please give me the link to the original oooo. . . . I have to send this to everyone I know ooo!!
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please give me the link to the original oooo. . . . I have to send this to everyone I know ooo!!
lol e gbadun. e je ma lo ba oruko nollywood je grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv2W2PwMbEM

Start from 2:00
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Gbawe: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Na who born this maga?

You are not only ignorant but an ignoramus to boot also. In case it missed your attention, this thread is generally about the growing xenophobia in Ghana. Unlike you , Londoner is very good at seeing the big picture and speaking accordingly by addressing the issue at hand in its entirerity.  Anyone who knows how to put issues in perspective will first speak about the xenophobic action of the Ghanaian actors guild , regardless of the state of Nollywood, rather than seek to pedantically make excuses for the actions of the Ghanaians with a put down of Nollywood. That is classic self-hatred . If , according to you , the Ghanaians feel Nollywood is poor why do they not simply stop using Nollywood actors ? Why the financial sanction?

if you are not a self-hating Nigerian then I can only conclude you are a hateful Ghanaian posing as a Nigerian because that is the only reason that can explain why you ignore serious issues of discrimination and bias to nitpick over issues that are inconsequential . Nollywood is complaining of the unfair , highly prejudiced and overtly xenophobic  actions of the Ghanaians. That is a serious issue that any forumer (Ghanaian or Nigerian) should not ignore. That is why I think Londoner is trying to educate the ignorant.

Speak about the prejudiced actions of Ghanaians first and anything else second. Simple. Your post so far amount to you saying that it is okay to discriminate against Nigerian actors , with senseless financial penalties, because Nollywood is poor. What ever happened to the American, Englkish or French example of directors simply refraining from using Actors they consider inferior ? What is the point of deeming an actor inferior and then casting him in your film because he will pay you $1000? Are you then not 'dumbing down', cheapening and prostituting your movie industry?

The title of this thread is proof enough of what is being discussed. Many examples of the dangerous and growing prejudice against Nigerians (Glo etc) have been given yet you do not care to comment on those . You prefer to limit you contribution to knocking Nollywood to mitigate for the type of action that should be condemned by all Nigerians and all sensible Ghanaians (such as the Ghanaian actors who have condemned this move) . You cannot convince anyone that you are not a self-hating Nigerian or a hateful Ghanaian pretending to be Nigerian. First deal with the numerous issues of prejudice raised and any discussion about the lack of quality of Nollywood can flow from that point.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Gbawe: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2010
Londoner wrote:

@gayigaska
Ghanaians are not putting road blocks on Nollywood or Glo because they have done anything criminal or wrong, but because they are just a spiteful people when you scratch the surface far enough.

Indeed. Let the self-haters and the ignorant Nigerians , already susceptible and willing listeners to the deciet of hateful Ghanaians in cyberspace and in the general media , continue to speak ignorantly. Even Dele Momodu , previously the staunchest supporter and promoter of Ghana,  is now singing a different tune about the growing hostility and dangerous xenophobia against Nigerians in Ghana (I will try to find the article) .

It has been amusing to watch Ghanaian society becoming more xenophobic daily , particularly against Nigerians and even to the pettiest level ,  with the usual excuses of "we are protecting our local industry/products". Funnily it is only Nigerian Industries and products that are the targets of this new found 'patriotism'.

I have seen Star beer ( deemed Nigerian) going from being one of the most popular beer in Ghana in the past to one now largely shunned by Ghanaians , as if it contains poison, in favour of Club beer (deemed Ghanaian) in most eateries and bars . Ask Ghanaians about this and they will , in their usual duplicitous manner, tell you they have no problem with a Nigerian beer and they are only patronising made in Ghana products. Surprisingly (or shall I say not surprisingly) their consumption of other foreign beer (becks, Stella, Heinekens, etc) is entirely unchanged !!!!

Like you concluded, the fad of Nigerians investing in Ghana is , like most fads , now diminishing . Nigerians are being put off by the hostile environment on ground in Ghana that is contrary to what they have heard that attracted them to Ghana in the first place. A Ghanaian director of Glo even admitted that Glo was having trouble in Ghana it has not experienced in Benin or elsewhere !!! I have seen many Nigerians come to Ghana and head back home simply because they were shocked at the hostility towards Nigerians in Ghana. The Nigerians hustlers and chancers may be staying in Ghana but the Nigerian investors are not remaining there. 

You guys mark my word , based on actual knowledge of whta is on the ground , some Nigerian banks will leave Ghana in the near future . Patronage , despite the attractive products Nigerian banks offer that local banks cannot match , is becoming a big problem. The details of Glo's experience in Ghana is only half of reality. Do Nigerians know that the Ghanaian government collected Glo's licence fees only to then hamper Glo's progress by banning the erection of telecom masts even as the Ghanaian Govt was  already aware of Glo's mast-dependent operational strategy cited in the initial proposal that gained Glo its Licence to operate in Ghana?
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by PROJECT: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
until we learn as nigerians to represent ourselves well , we will always be insulted by this folks, see what we write about ourselves on this blog,why cry foul when we are called criminals, this ghanaians are crazy cos only a crazy person will write such a long aimless article with a misleading title, journalism in ghana is dead.am there so i know they tend to blame evryone for their own corrupt lifestyles,nigeria is my country wether right or wrong
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2010
Gbawe:

You are not only ignorant but an ignoramus to boot also. In case it missed your attention, this thread is generally about the growing xenophobia in Ghana. Unlike you , Londoner is very good at seeing the big picture and speaking accordingly by addressing the issue at hand in its entirerity.  Anyone who knows how to put issues in perspective will first speak about the xenophobic action of the Ghanaian actors guild , regardless of the state of Nollywood, rather than seek to pedantically make excuses for the actions of the Ghanaians with a put down of Nollywood. That is classic self-hatred . If , according to you , the Ghanaians feel Nollywood is poor why do they not simply stop using Nollywood actors ? Why the financial sanction?

if you are not a self-hating Nigerian then I can only conclude you are a hateful Ghanaian posing as a Nigerian because that is the only reason that can explain why you ignore serious issues of discrimination and bias to nitpick over issues that are inconsequential . Nollywood is complaining of the unfair , highly prejudiced and overtly xenophobic  actions of the Ghanaians. That is a serious issue that any forumer (Ghanaian or Nigerian) should not ignore. That is why I think Londoner is trying to educate the ignorant.

Speak about the prejudiced actions of Ghanaians first and anything else second. Simple. Your post so far amount to you saying that it is okay to discriminate against Nigerian actors , with senseless financial penalties, because Nollywood is poor. What ever happened to the American, Englkish or French example of directors simply refraining from using Actors they consider inferior ? What is the point of deeming an actor inferior and then casting him in your film because he will pay you $1000? Are you then not 'dumbing down', cheapening and prostituting your movie industry?

The title of this thread is proof enough of what is being discussed. Many examples of the dangerous and growing prejudice against Nigerians (Glo etc) have been given yet you do not care to comment on those . You prefer to limit you contribution to knocking Nollywood to mitigate for the type of action that should be condemned by all Nigerians and all sensible Ghanaians (such as the Ghanaian actors who have condemned this move) . You cannot convince anyone that you are not a self-hating Nigerian or a hateful Ghanaian pretending to be Nigerian. First deal with the numerous issues of prejudice raised and any discussion about the lack of quality of Nollywood can flow from that point.

You're so correct.

Too much garbage on this forum.
Re: Ghana: Nigerians Must Go by Smi1(m): 4:07am On Aug 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You're so correct.

Too much garbage on this forum.

short of words lOOlx i thought you can defend your nasty analysis, stop masquerading yourself as a nigerian , jobless self hater cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Lesson 2: Gideon Orkar Broadcast Message-unedited / Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism / Dapchi Schoolgirls: PDP Insists Buhari Must Visit Yobe To Show True Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.