Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

2Face vs Styl-Plus - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2Face vs Styl-Plus (17089 Views)

"Imagine That" By Styl-Plus / Styl-Plus Olufunmi Song: Can Someone Please Translate? / P-square vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by uchesco(m): 3:33am On Nov 04, 2005
Oh i forgot to add to my list of good music videos...Rugged man!!!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by iyabo(f): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2005
y all yall heads h8in ma man 2face at da end of ad day his a sola artist and styl plus are a band so cant compare shite
although styl plus are good 2 face iz much much more good lookin jus h8in coz non of yall r his afrikan queen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by olaidibia(f): 2:23pm On Nov 04, 2005
in terms of looks i think 2face i
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Rolly: 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2005
well. i think both are great in their own ways i mean 2face has the songs and the voice and so does styl-plus so......................... rolleyes
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by theORAKU(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2005
Just want to raise some points based on angela k's contribution

@angela K:Tu Face is definitely better that styl-plus!
If Styl-Plus was so good, why didn't BBC notice them and mention them as one of the bright up coming stars from Africa. After all sty-plus songs were making waves around that period. Styl plus, no doubt have a good voice but they don't have the personality / charisma needed for show biz.
since when has BBC been the Standard Unit for judging who is good,better or the best in music? They only based their judgement on news which what is making rave as at the time.
2face is just another product of the KENNIS MUSIC aggressive marketing PROMO, skillwise he aint the best infact i will pick 10 naija guys plus blank spaces b4 2face.
tell Him to go sign to another label and lets see!.

@angela K: I remember a show they both perform in, i was so disappointed at Styl- plus, they were not comfortable on stage and they didn't even know how to carry the crowd along.But when Tu face came on stage, the crowd went wild.
I must give that to 2face, he has the charisma to carry crowd along, but why wont he? he has been in the game for a long time longa b4 the stylPLUS guys. so he's experienced. Give the STylPLUS guys some time, they will definitely improve.

@ angela K: Why do you think Tu face is so popular? It is because he is an excellent performer! Being an artist is not only about voice, other things are required. It's like modelling, you could be very pretty, have a unique face etc, but if you don't have the carriage your wasting your time.
he is popular, thanks to KENNIS aggresive promo. He has good looks, but that doesnt make him an automatic model, anybody can be a model it only depends on the PR agency you are with.

@ angela K: Tu face is more popular than styl-plus because his much better than them! period.
Sorry, i dont agree. why dont you compare stylPLUS with plantashun boys(2face's former group)
u cant compare a solo with a group.

they are both good, but i must say i prefer STYL-PLUS.

kind Regrads.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Nalpretty: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2005
Tu face vs Styl-plus, Huh?
Is there any comparison to make? I personally think Styl-plus is great and they re doing a nice job but Tu-Face is d best in naija and Africa as a whole. smiley
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by tamababe: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2005
i definately agree with uchesco,tuface is talented, style plus are talented as well,now the speaking of english it doesent matter and for the record tu is fluent in english i have had a conversation with him b\4,he jus feel comfortable speaking pidgen english with his country people jus like a cogonese or a french or even jamaican man feels comfortable speaking his language,he dnt have to speak english to prove to peeps he's fleunt in english language abeg the bobo graduate from uni and 4 the video aspect i think its poor now dat hes the best african act,peep go wan do some stuff with am including making nice video.oh he got another album coming up
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by agorobaba(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2005
I don’t normally do this, but.....
You guys can say all u like about 2face, the guy is good and original. That is what African music needs now. You can compare him with Style plus all u like, originality will always stand out. I have both albums but 2face stands out. With his accent, and whatever may handicap him (inability to speak fluent English) Men that guy entertains. We all should be tired of all these western imposition and embrace ingenuity. If I want l Boyz-II-Men record I go enter Virgin Mega store, no be Style- plus. Dot get me wrong those guys (styleplus) are good, very good, but but plenty but dey there ha ha……. With the record label, that’s another thing. At least they gave the bobo a break thru.
I love my music, and as said if I wanted African thing I no where to go; same goes for Hip-Hop, Dance Hall, Rap etc.
Abeg pop another champagne for 2FACE IDIBIA. (Hey this is not just because i lived in festac...... For those that will recognise the name) The guy even win MTV sef. Abeg no compare them at all
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Joan2(f): 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2005
Although 2face is really a good artist
and recently just won the MTV Europe Awards
I still prefer Stylplus
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by angelak(f): 11:12am On Nov 09, 2005
Theoraku Hi
I agree with you that BBC is not the standard unit for judging if a musician is good or not. However, you must be really good to be recognized by them.

You mentioned that Tu face is another product of Kennis music aggressive marketing promo, well let me ask you? Is Tu face the only musician signed up to Kennis music? why are the other musicians before and after him not making waves like him?

Well it's okay that you prefer Tu face Styplus, we are different people with different taste, so enjoy baby! cheesy
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by mecusbosco(m): 11:27am On Nov 09, 2005
This goes to Fabian. So you are now telling me that because of the Pidgin english that makes you not to give him what he is suppose to have. There is no need to gainm say the fact that Tuface is a cool Guy and I like him. Styl Plus has a "voice" When you talk of voice, Men! I got everything. They are loaded upstairs while the reverse is the case ib Tuface.

I will stop here but Give to God what is God's
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by freakynony(m): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2005
I fink 2face has got it all. Though the group, style-plus is a very good side in the industry, but the fact remains that 2face ma real man, has got it all 4 life. a round of applause for that guy abeg. he's made it 4 real, and still goin' make it again. he's made Nigerians and Africa as whole proud. he's really da real Bomb.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by freakynony(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2005
I fink 2face has got it all. Though the group, style-plus is a very good side in the industry, but the fact remains that 2face ma real man, has got it all 4 life. a round of applause for that guy abeg. he's made it 4 real, and still goin' make it again. he's made Nigerians and Africa as whole proud. he's really da real Bomb.

Nonso.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by fabian(f): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2005
@mecusbosco, do you have a personal problem with me?
What I said was, and i quote:

"This is an unfair comparison in my book, i.e. 3:1, but for the sake of arguement, lets just say

Tuface has got his marketers and producers who are doin a good job of selling/promoting him to the rest of Africa and indeed to the word, and Styl-Plus are just 1 yr+ old in the market.
Tuface has the Raw-Talent, no doubt about that, but Styl-Plus have got that as well.
I don't want to undermine Tu-faces' ability as an artiste, but what sucks for me is when He can't carry a conversation in good English. The guy is deficient in that. Styl-Plus are very good at expressing themselves in simple English, but for TuFace, I always have my heart in my mouth when he's being interviewed, i.e until he reverts to Pidgin with his usual line- "nottin dey happen"

Bottomline, I prefer Styl-Plus"

What is your problem with that? I am entitled to my own opinion, you know. Even if 2face is your hero don't mean he's perfect.

What do you mean by
mecusbosco:

This goes to Fabian. So you are now telling me that because of the Pidgin english that makes you not to give him what he is suppose to have.......................
Pray tell, what is he supposed to have that I have denied him?
mecusbosco:

.........................There is no need to gainm say the fact that Tuface is a cool Guy and I like him..........
Meaning just because you like him he is the best abi? Mind you, I like him too but I have noted that his inability to express himself easily to the world-at -large is an area where improvement can only do him a world of good. Mind you, he is going places, he will not be big only in Nigeria, by God's grace. Wetin come be your beef?
mecusbosco:

Styl Plus has a "voice" When you talk of voice, Men! I got everything. They are loaded upstairs while the reverse is the case ib Tuface.
Meaning? Duh?
mecusbosco:

I will stop here but Give to God what is God's
Meaning please explain.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by star(f): 9:45am On Nov 10, 2005
Hi,
Am new here, but all the same-- You can't compare 2face with Styl-plus..Styl plus is da bomb. They are good al round but 2 face is coll in some round. Tu face African quen is the only coll music of his but.. styl plus-- all of them songs are cool. 2face will not make lasting impression but styl plus will.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2005
2-face wouldn't make a lasting impression? i'd disagree with u on that one! he's already made a lasting impresion, girl, he went up against other african artists at the MTV awards and won, i see it as the begining of great things to come from him.I do think styl plus are equally good too.I think they'd both be around for a reasonable while. oh well! that's just my opinoin!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by star(f): 11:17am On Nov 11, 2005
ocho,

you know awards have to do with voting. A person can send one hundred votes for 2face. I am not saying 2face is not good. The award is not criteria to judge though it adds credit. I mean lasting impression by (though I don't know if I used the right words) -- in the next ten years Styl plus whether together or split will still be on the show while 2 face will be out--- my opinion though
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by priest: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2005
Who the Bleep setted this question anyway? If you look at the two critically, you discover that although styl-plus are more talented than 2face, tuface is making it becos he is a one man army and for him to combine his talent and face the other three guys, i think he is the better one at the end of the day.

Know what? I think we have to watch out for P-SQAURE

Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by theORAKU(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2005
STYL+ is better.
theORAKU insists!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2005
and i agree cheesy
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by snazzydawn(f): 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2005
In my opinion,2face is better cos he is very original.Stylplus is toooooo polished,too perfect.Take a look at 2face's video"Ole",he was singing on the road.And most of his other songs.He is more people oriented but Stylplus,they can and have never shot any of their videos in the streets.They would prefer to use a costly restaurant(downing Irish cream and tequilas)dem dey form big boy levels,but 2face will come out to the streets and dance with the "common man".That says a lot.I like Stylplus' songs,don't get me wrong,but I really dig 2face cos he is very very real.If they were both to have a concert in the town I live on the same night,I would gladly go for 2face's without thinking twice.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 12:28am On Nov 14, 2005
can i get a link to his 'ole' video, ain't seen that one yet? smiley
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by pie1ect(m): 6:09am On Nov 14, 2005
I don't know about comparisons.

I just want to say I think Styl+ are the best Nigerian boyband I have ever seen. They actually speak very good English, not the accentuated English that's all too common with most Nigerian artists. Their music is sooo good and the music videos are class(appears they put a lot of time into planning), at least by Nigerian standards.

2face should keep doing what he's doing. Great advert for Nigerian entertainment.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ocho(f): 6:30pm On Nov 14, 2005
@ priest, hey, there's a thread for the guys(p-square). i agree say them tap!
@scorpio, abeg, if u get to watch the video,let me know, i want to see it too.
@star, as long as we agree that 2-face is good, we're alright. grin okay, i am just kidding!
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Scorpio(f): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2005
@ ocho,ok, boo. i got you
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 17, 2005
2face does not know how to speak correct English,but take a good look at styl plus they are graduates.Apart from the fact the 2face has a lot of videos and is more popular than styl plus(not sure about that)his use of language also matters
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by DAPHANTOM1: 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2005
na waoooh everybody know sey styl-lus na studio freiks cuz if u hear them voice on stage u go think say na frog wey chop belleful dey sing
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by zumapapa(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2005
Hey wots is in tuface is a wack guy after that album kennis will lose interest in tuface cos they r scammers hey styl plus u r the Don of r 'n' b in nigeria pls dont let kennis wind u guys up unless u will lose ur career keep it original and i love rugggedman is the man ( The greatest thing that ever happen to hip hop is ruggedman "big bros") styl plus u r da best cos tuface is still learnin and u r guys r walking
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by ddiddy: 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2005
We all have to understand the difference between a good personality and good music. Tu-face is really good, No doubt!!! I could argue for him anytime.Styl-plus is good and creative as well. The main issue is that Tu-face needs to learn more about being an International Star. He was on Mobo the other night and couldn't speak good english which made the interviewer surprised after all the hype about him. Kennis Music should do a lot in this aspect cos not all of us understand pidgin. We are just saying this in order for him to reach out far in his career.No Beef!!!! Peace
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by idiotboop(f): 7:18am On Nov 28, 2005
Hi everybody
Mymy my! guys it saddens me to see people are still hung up on the fluency of 2face's english. Might i remind you that pidgin is our unique way of communicating its wat bring all nigerians together coming from a nation of hundreds of languages. You'll never find a french man being ridiculed for not speaking proper english rolleyesHa! that will be the day. Guys we still carry around this colonial mentality, it is pathetic. Its ok, cause my folks suffer from it too, too busy teaching us to mind our english and forgot to teach us how to speak our own mother tongue and it really hurts when i can't get real down to the essence of being a nigerian with my bros.

The comparison here is a bit lame, first these artistes are from different genres and yes they are doing their thing, and yes again they can improve with the right backing. I am really feeling 2face, here's a guy whom by his own admission did not finish his studies( what? no degree? wow what a tragedy) well i beg to differ. He gets my support any day for sticking two fingers at those who say you cant get any where in life with out the highly prized degree.Dont u just luv the underdog? Dont get me wrong if thats your forte' then well done too. I know as a nation we tend to build people up and then pull them down like they owe us their life. Lets just enjoy our talents as they come, and celebrating them.

I for one do not like kennis and the whole camp of dodgie looking men, and the two dodgier front men, we know them. I wish they would drop all their endless self promotion, their incestious love for accolades and get on with the job they claim to do. which is look after the artistes and stop using playground tactics to bully other people trying to make it in the industry. Their intentions to start off with was good , but i think they are losing their way. A lot of lessons can be learnt from how ghana is handling its music industry. We tend to shout too much and end up with half baked videos and sounds and think if we shout the loudest we may convince ppl we are the best.ummm...one nigerian here still needs convincing about that.
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by icingbaby(f): 7:44am On Nov 28, 2005
@bettyboop welcome to nairaland gurl, hope you have fun been here, and i agree with what you wrote. smiley smiley
Re: 2Face vs Styl-Plus by idiotboop(f): 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2005
@icingbaby, thx for the little note. It seems a fun site i was reading some old post and was in stitched. I bet mt neighbour thought i was on something and being 4am , yes i wud think so too.
L8ta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vulgarity And The Nigerian Singer / Rema Performs At His 02 Arena "Ravage Uprising" Concert (Video) / Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.