Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol (16149 Views)

IPOB Members Searching Buses For Hausas To Kill In Aba (Video) / Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Buhari To Launch Helicopters In Lagos For Police Patrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by ajbabs(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Koolking(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Let see how this play out. Nigeria is the only country in the world where the government says one thing and mean another. We enjoy making rules and laws just to get applause from our listeners. Acting on the laws is a different ball game.

There is this team of about 4 policemen from Area F command in Ikeja who uses one navy colored danfo to extort people in Ikeja. The worst of them all is the policeman with one bad (left) eye. These policemen are epitome of thugs and bully.

Let see how this law will change their modus operandi.

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
HOW MANY TIMES THEN GO BAN AM..THAT REMINDS ME..WHO'S GOING TO ENFORCE THIS ONE
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by chrizbrain(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
thumbz up ya'man inspectooooooo

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Frydae: 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
THIS IS GOODNEWS! Next should be "NO OFFICER ON MUFTY SHOULD CARRY A FIRE-ARM"...... These mufty fire-arms officers scared me still d day they were chasing my car while on bikes! No difference from armed hit men of a goon squad!
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by kaelz(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
aproko247:

http://www.punchng.com/news/igp-bans-use-of-commercial-vehicles-for-patrol/
Good move by d IG i feel this man is makin alota senz!!!
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by babayinka77(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
themilanway:
Long over due,but hey,I will be surprised if they adhere to this order.

Na so o my brother, all those police for mushin and ikotun area ........hope say them go hear sha.
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by seanjy4konji: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
no stop there ooo...

it remain the ones in mufti jumping in front of peoples cars,Start flashing id card when you did not report your car stolen,search your trouser,pants,car and seize your phone for if you dont know your right...

Thank God say Nigeria no be like america dem for don kill plenty police for town ooo....
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good move but Nigeria remain a cursed country!
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by gagewonda(m): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
after this he should make sure dey ban all police officers on mufti from carrying arms its very worrisome sometimes wen i drive nd see men on jeans nd t-shirts carrying ak-47 doing stop nd search or patrol duties. we dont knw who is who
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Leyemoshood: 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
That's a goo idea

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-
available/3
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by emperorlog: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice development. This IG really knows what he's doing. PMB must have seen his quality to have retained him till now.... Like if u pass a vote of confidence on IG Arase wink
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Smooyis(m): 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
The FG should set up state policing as that is the only way community policing can be effective and erring officers easily traceable & punishable. I can't wait to hear names like Oyo State Police Department, Kaduna State Police department and Enugu State police department.

Thank you for your indepth knowledge with the above paragraph. I don't really know why we cannot think right and do things in a way that would bring positive results.

Well you just made my day.

@fanofstatepolice#
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by ribbit: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
What about the roger thing ... Do they still do that ?
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Gradually, Arase is becoming the best IGP the Nigerian police force has ever had. His directives and policies are very apt, timely and commendable.

A lot still needs to be done though.....

1. The IGP should ban police officers from wearing plain clothes for official duties. I almost took to my heels one certain time when I encountered two policemen in plain cloth (babanriga) walking towards my direction. I mistook them for Boko Haram militants.

2. It's about time to withdraw the AK47 rifles from police officers and replace them with automatic pistols (as seen in most developed countries). AK47 is an assault rifle and should not carried around just anyhow, they should be reserved for a special team like SWAT or anti-terrorism squad. No wonder we always hear of accidental discharge.

3. Make it a compulsion for officers to always look smart, fit and neat. Conduct a routine drilling exercise to ascertain the fitness level of officers per time and disengage those found unfit. I'm tired of seeing lazy pot-bellied officers adorned in over-sized uniforms and can't chase a common burglar.

4. Establish a forensic unit in all police commands, purchase mordern forensic equipments and employ anatomists, biochemists, microbiologists, criminologists, forensic scientists and others who will be dedicated to solving delicate criminal puzzles related to forgery, murder, rape, robbery etc.

5. Install CCTVs at all police stations and set up a control room in each command to monitor the activities of each station.

6. The FG should set up state policing as that is the only way community policing can be effective and erring officers easily traceable & punishable. I can't wait to hear names like Oyo State Police Department, Kaduna State Police department and Enugu State police department.

Take one bottled water from Shoprite beverage section..i would pay later grin

2 Likes

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keneking:

Take one bottled water from Shoprite beverage section..i would pay later grin
Thanks bro grin
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Dayoara: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
Sir,how about commercial micra cabs in oyo state... Agugu police station very desperate also akobo ojurin police station 6am-7am.. Agodi gate police station Mtd ..sir i wish this could stay.
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Smooyis:
The FG should set up state policing as that is the only way community policing can be effective and erring officers easily traceable & punishable. I can't wait to hear names like Oyo State Police Department, Kaduna State Police department and Enugu State police department.

Thank you for your indepth knowledge with the above paragraph. I don't really know why we cannot think right and do things in a way that would bring positive results.

Well you just made my day.

@fanofstatepolice#
I'm glad we still have great minds like you Sir. Thanks for sharing my view.
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by redcliff: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
nzgal:
After the ban, next news "he provides adequate bikes and patol cars for them". Then we will applaud!

Is it today they have been giving ng police mobility? Under 2 months they would spoil it like its their daddy manufacturing it at his backyard.. smh

2 Likes

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by UncleDeeee(m): 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
This is good news indeed. Any team I see in any bus I'd be the first to shout Ole!
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
mrpackager:
cool
wow!!!
This Arase is really making sense cool
gOod moves by him ,coz its somehow stupid to a see policemen of a nation patrolling with a "DANFO"
BTW FTC wink its been a while #lolz

They use this to sneak in on drinking and ashawo joints to raid innocent fun-loving nigerians
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by anytexy: 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
I just saw them in Ajegunle Lagos now now!! somebody help oooo!
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
that is a good move
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Smooyis(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I'm glad we still have great minds like you Sir. Thanks for sharing my view.

I hope together we can step up the campaign to sensitize our people to the need for these recommendations particularly the setting up of state policing.

Gradually many will key into it and more pressure can be put on the part of the authority towards it's formation.

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
AND ma dem ban dem from entering comercial bus... because de no go pay,,,..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin fake police ever were
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2015
Smooyis:

I hope together we can step up the campaign to sensitize our people to the need for these recommendations particularly the setting up of state policing.

Gradually many will key into it and more pressure can be put on the part of the authority towards it's formation.

Thanks bro.
I'll send u a PM bro. Great insight you've got!
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by DEDEAL77(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
POLICE OFFICER EMPLOY THE SERVICES OF HOODLUMS TO EXPLOIT OKADA RIDERS FROM CELE EXPRESS TO IKOTUN.
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by RAO1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good ! I saw one today @Beere in Ibadan
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by caprini1: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
Bad business.....how will they now disguise to catch and extort danfo drivers?
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by caprini1: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
DEDEAL77:
POLICE OFFICER EMPLOY THE SERVICES OF HOODLUMS TO EXPLOIT OKADA RIDERS FROM CELE EXPRESS TO IKOTUN.
And am very sure ,they are not happy,the road is getting fixed and traffic over there is getting smoother?
Re: Arase Bans Use Of Commercial Buses For Police Patrol by obuduman: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
very nice move by the IGP .Please Area C police comman surulere take note.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Swears In Daisy Wotube-okocha As Chief-judge Of Rivers (photos) / African Rights Commission Tells President Buhari What To Do Regarding IPOB, Kanu / Endsars Demonstrators Call Off Protests In Osun, Appreciate Youths’ Consciousnes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.