Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. (29042 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute / Honda Cars - Why Do They Get Such A Bad Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by mastercee(m): 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
cocoflakes:
You are a Liar...before the ball joints cave in, A Honda car must have been giving you signs for at least two weeks..you probably just ignored or too dumb to notice...I have been using an EOD for 2 years now and I have never had my tyres cave in....When I get the warning (little noises from the tyres when making turns), I change my ball joints immediately.....

But seriously do you have to call me dumb before driving home your point? Abi na your papa get Honda?

4 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by mich2012: 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Honda all the way. I will only leave Honda when I upgrade to German machines or premium luxury cars but for now, please leave my Honda alone.

The issue OP raised is caused by total negligence and not "listening" to your car. I have never experienced that problem throughout my 10yrs plus of Honda romance.

To all my fellow Honda lovers, use original suspension systems and if you drive through bad roads everyday, always listen to check if any sort of noise comes from the tyres especially the front ones and go check your joints, lower arms and upper arms as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by ptoall1000: 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
I don't think it makes scientific sense to discredit Honder because of the leg wahala. I just bought another Honder last week. I asked myself, how many Honda cars do I see daily on Abuja roads? At least 100/day or 700/week. How many time do I see that leg problem on the road? Maybe 2 in a week. In management, a risk of 2/700 is not a risk. That is 0.003. That was why I bought another Honda. Though if had more money I would have bought Toyota.
Also, I was told to watch out for strange sound from the legs.
Beside Toyota, most other brands are not advisable here in my area because of inexperienced mechanics and cost of spare parts. BMW, Benz, etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by billy187(m): 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2016
It must be something in Naija - either the bad roads, the poor maintenance culture or the witches in the village grin . I'm not in Nigeria and I have never seen a Honda with a caved in tire, NEVER. I've seen a couple of Toyotas, especially the late 1990s early 2000 Tacomas and 4-runners, as well as a whole lot of Volkswagens, especially 1990s Passats with the issue, but never a Honda.

I always thought Honda's Achilles's heel were their crappy auto transmissions- at least during the late 90s to mid 2000s

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by kunle75(m): 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
itiswell1:
I have never used any other car apart from Honda and i never experience that and I'm on my 3rd one. I will continue to be careful and pay attention to signs/sounds and i pray i will never experience such things

Your testimony just help to reduce my high BP now cos i just bought a CRV 04 from canada due for delivery any moment, but with all this yeye complain am beginning to get tensed already but thank God you came up to share your testimony.

I have never drive Honda b4 now but i just wanted to try and hope i will not fall victim of bad experience

Though i take good care of all the cars i have used.

But i will willing and ready to listen to good maintenance advise
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by ptoall1000: 6:27am On Apr 16, 2016
This is my second Honda, as I said. That brand is really reliable.

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by ichakaobos(m): 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
chuchuo:

Go to Aspamda Trade Fair. Ask for Uche Honda for original Honda parts.
I believe this Uche has a number. Aspamda no be shop rite.

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by ptoall1000: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2016
My first Honda was bought in 2008 and I 've not experienced such problem on it till now.

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Macmilla(m): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
Something similar happened when I got my babyboy from a friend. But it wasn't the CV joint or anything, instead, it was the thread on the lower ball joint carrying the lower arm. The nut holding it just pulled out and d lower arm, together with the car was on d ground. I guess the kazeem dt worked on it b4 ruptured an aneurysm tightening so much that he broke d thread. I replaced it and got extra 2 spare cos I was told it is normal with Honda. I drove d car for another 2yrs and sold it off with the two spare ball joints still in my trunk.

My point; while going through d repair manual, I noticed most screws and nuts have an amount of torque needed to tighten them. But come and see these kazeems and the way they tighten nuts. You will think d nut snatched their wives.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by abatically(m): 2:37am On Apr 19, 2016
AdeniyiA:

what exactly are the signs?
thanks

The common signs are

1. Squeaky signs when u make a turn. Normally ur driveshaft is not supposed to make any sound when turning, when u start heraring the slightests of sounds, have the legs checked.

2. When driving over s pot hole or roads that are not very smooth, u will feel the signs on ur wheels, u might think it is the tie rod but it might actually be the ball joints. A good drive shaft is suposoed to stay strong when u go through a pot hole, but when u go through a pothole and u feel like the steering wheel becomes unstable, pls have ur legs checked, it might be ur ball joint. A lot of people are culprits to this. I've driven lots of cars that suffer from this sickness but the owners keep ignoring them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by mokset123: 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
AdeniyiA:

what exactly are the signs?
thanks

I drove the 04 and 05 EoD for 3 years, and i can tell you it never happened to me.

Now this was the sign i observed, that whenever i am in a traffic jam and i had to apply the brakes often, i would hear a squeaky sound come from the tyre that has a bad ball joint

I immediately took the car to my mechanic and after his check we discovered it was the lower arm ball joint which was faulty
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by bryan360: 6:19pm On May 10, 2016
doskie:
your a product of a cursed semen for insulting me for my opinion. may your generation be cursed. may you give birth to imbeciles. may your wife sleep with your dad and elder brother. and finally may you find 60 big snakes in your room that will bite you to death. amen. next time watch your mouth. foool.
may all ur curses be upon u nd ur haus hold in jesus name amen..u r Bigger foooool..man filth..
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by doskie(m): 7:05pm On May 10, 2016
bryan360:
may all ur curses be upon u nd ur haus hold in jesus name amen..u r Bigger foooool..man filth..
when im through with you my friend you will learn that the right to swing your arms stops where my nose begins. Watch out for what I can do with your profile pix.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by bryan360: 7:36pm On May 10, 2016
doskie:
when im through with you my friend you will learn that the right to swing your arms stops where my nose begins. Watch out for what I can do with your profile pix.
i dnt v tym for this crap..how childish..i will v yu banned in no tym
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by doskie(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2016
bryan360:
see who is piping low now. Have you burned all your gas so early? Oh so you know how to quote someone who didnt call you out but you dont know how to bear the heat of an online battle. You insulted me for stating a personal opinion that honda crosstour is finer than venza. Now who is the childish one here? I have very many accounts i dont care if im banned. If your parents forgot to teach you how not to pop nose and insult people who didn't direct a single word of abuse at you or even call you. Then you came from a family of monkeys and moronns. Learn to apologize when you are obviously wrong. Instead of spewing diatribes and appearing more like the big fooll you actually are.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by doskie(m): 8:50pm On May 10, 2016
bryan360:
see who is piping low now. Have you burned all your gas so early? Oh so you know how to quote someone who didnt call you out but you dont know how to bear the heat of an online battle. You insulted me for stating a personal opinion that honda crosstour is finer than venza. Now who is the childish one here? I have very many accounts i dont care if im banned. If your parents forgot to teach you how not to pop nose and insult people who didn't direct a single word of abuse at you or even call you. Then you came from a family of monkeys and moronns. Learn to apologize when you are obviously wrong. Instead of spewing diatribes and appearing more like the big fooll you actually are. We are not mates in any way. You are a small boy yet to know what life is and trust me you have started out very poorly.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by doskie(m): 9:02pm On May 10, 2016
Who can help me ask this monkey how my post warranted the use of an abusive word on me by him. Is his father mr venza? Or is it that he comes from a family of ogogoro and pamie drinkers? Or is mentally unstable? I just don't understand my crime. But I'll apologize. Im very sorry mr venza for comparing your fathers product with Honda . And since your father told you he is mr toyota. Rush him to the hospital asap

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by MrOrioye(m): 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Can you give out Uche's contact number? You're the 2nd person referring him. I think ama give him a try.

chuchuo:

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by captainking(m): 8:39am On Jun 26, 2017
chuchuo:

You are right... Uche Honda got originals..
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by captainking(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2017
MrOrioye:
Can you give out Uche's contact number? You're the 2nd person referring him. I think ama give him a try.

oga.. I used to have his contact.. Just go to Aspamda and ask of him.. He is very popular
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 30, 2018
lonelydora:

You can lie. It must give you sign, except you don't understand the sign.

Port to Toyota and start dealing with Shock Absorber. Come back and thank me later.

Same thing a friend told me about Toyota's shock absorber. HHmmmmm. I have an opportunity to get this Babyboy and im being skeptical about this ball joint issue.

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by jimmyneut: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
Have you seen a Civc pull out before?? wink
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by victorD3: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2018
The 15k was for a direct Belgium.

2) the reason I changed it was that both side started making screeching sound (the normal sound shaft make when it fails)ie when you wheel the car towards left or right

3) I got a direct belgium driver and pasenger side shafts the pasenger side pulled on my way home and the shaft was cut and extended but that leg started vibrating when I'm driving

4) Got a new shaft for the pasenger side which worked just fine but within 10months but pulled from the cup (not the gear box) and my Mech fixed it by just recoupling it and putting it back inside

5) shaft pulled again after 2 months and thesame fixing was carried out

6) pulled again after 3 weeks and the tripod inside the cup damaged a bearing. I went for another direct Belgium shaft that also pulled immediately

7) My Mech found out all my engine mount (seating) are gone which I changed including the hear box seating

cool On putting the shaft again and coupling of everything except tyres I realised if I wheel the car completelyto the pasenger passenger side i feel one of the three bearing porp out from the cup. I can feel it with my hands through the rubber boot.

QUESTIONS

1) is one bearing suppose to porp out? Because im scared of test driving the car so something wont spoil anything if it pulls again.

2) my car have never experienced any serious accident apart from the pasenger side droping into a small ditch once

3) Is it my camber? It doesn't look faulty and my rubbers are not that bad.

4) Is there anything like a long or short cup for the extension ( pasenger) side? Thinking I may just purchase I shaft that has a long cup.

Please i really need help with my 2008 Accord (4cl)

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Bobnnamdi(m): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2019
sandracoopert:
Anyone noticed that honda cars have that problem? whereby either of the two front tyres caves in while making a turn?

Anyone?
This is not a "Honda" problem as a lot of people think. That problem is mostly due to the negligence of the owner/driver. The car would always give warning signs but a lot of Nigerians never adhere. Plus once you change the shaft &a ball joint once, you have to ensure you're getting the original. There are a lot of fakes out there which would make you continue to have such problem and it inturn makes people think it's a Honda problem.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 24, 2019
thunder74:

You hear "ke ke ke ke ke" when turning.

This is what I don’t understand.

The CV joints, inner or outer, makes the above sound when you turn but CV joints do not hold the suspension on. It’s the arms and ball joints that holds the suspension. So why is the blame on CVs?

Please enlighten me.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by adanny01(m): 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
mastercee:
After this current one I'm using, I'll never try Honda again in my life.

For those saying, it gives sign before the CV joint pulls off, that's a lie. It happened to me just last week without any formal warning, thank God it was around my house.

Porting to Toyota soonest

Bye bye grin
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by adanny01(m): 6:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
kakaimam:
The design of the front wheel suspension of Honda saloon cars are delicate compared similar cars of other makes. Honda cars come with upper arm and likely the precursor of early failure of shafts and joints.

You are right about delicate design. It is called the double wishbone suspension while Toyota on their low end cars relies mostly on the cheaper MacPherson suspension otherwise called single wishbone suspension.

Funny enough, the double wishbone is superior to a single wishbone. The single wishbone has 2 major disadvantages of not having a fixed camber and having a stronger steer especially when not power assisted.

The double wish bone is like the luxury of suspension system thats why even Toyota use it for higher end model cars especially SUV's eg Tacoma, Tundra, Prado, Landcruiser, Hilux, 4 runner etc.

The double wishbone relies more on the ball joints to give a smoother ride meaning they suffer more. Besides, the suspension is attached to the body in 3 locations, upper arm, lower arm and strut with each having dampers which takes more shock of hitting a pothole than a single wishbone. A single wishbone is hinged to body in 2 locations, lower arm and strut.

Technically, there is nothing wrong with the accord suspension, infact it is by far more reliable than the camry. A Civic for instance use the single wishbone. Mercedes Benz and majority of the luxury brands use the double wishbone too.

Note. CV joints are not in anyway related to the problem of the K leg issue, its just a ball joint particularly the lower arm ball joint.

To all who think Honda made a mistake with Accord, infact the Accord has a better suspension than a Camry.

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
adanny01:

You are right about delicate design. It is called the double wishbone suspension while Toyota on their low end cars relies mostly on the cheaper MacPherson suspension otherwise called single wishbone suspension.

Funny enough, the double wishbone is superior to a single wishbone. The single wishbone has 2 major disadvantages of not having a fixed camber and having a stronger steer especially when not power assisted.

The double wish bone is like the luxury of suspension system thats why even Toyota use it for higher end model cars especially SUV's eg Tacoma, Tundra, Prado, Landcruiser, Hilux, 4 runner etc.

The double wishbone relies more on the ball joints to give a smoother ride meaning they suffer more. Besides, the suspension is attached to the body in 3 locations, upper arm, lower arm and strut with each having dampers which takes more shock of hitting a pothole than a single wishbone. A single wishbone is hinged to body in 2 locations, lower arm and strut.

Technically, there is nothing wrong with the accord suspension, infact it is by far more reliable than the camry. A Civic for instance use the single wishbone. Mercedes Benz and majority of the luxury brands use the double wishbone too.

Note. CV joints are not in anyway related to the problem of the K leg issue, its just a ball joint particularly the lower arm ball joint.

To all who think Honda made a mistake with Accord, infact the Accord has a better suspension than a Camry.
Are you mechanical engineer?
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by adanny01(m): 7:13am On Jun 25, 2019
papiforreal:

Are you mechanical engineer?

No, Civil.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by ak22(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Please what could be the reasons for Honda civil both back k leg? the car is just 2 months old
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2020
sandracoopert:
Anyone noticed that honda cars have that problem? whereby either of the two front tyres caves in while making a turn?

Anyone?

Bad road, poor maintenance culture and fake replacement parts. Do away with all those and trust me, you will enjoy Honda.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by adanny01(m): 6:48am On Oct 22, 2020
ak22:
Please what could be the reasons for Honda civil both back k leg? the car is just 2 months old

Bushings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / Misuse Of Power By Some Vehicle Insurance Officers. / How To Sit In A Car Without Back Pain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.