Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! (878 Views)

Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
This is a phenomenon occuring everyday which hurts me. You see Christians shouting that science is "evil and will only lead you to hell". What annoys me is that when I ask them what they truly know about science, they either become mute, make Ineffuctal claims or, worst of all, fake disintrest in the discussion. I am Christian, so it truly hurts me when I see Christians behaving like Unenlightened folks. Thank you
Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by frank317: 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
SirWere:
This is a phenomenon occuring everyday which hurts me. You see Christians shouting that science is "evil and will only lead you to hell". What annoys me is that when I ask them what they truly know about science, they either become mute, make Ineffuctal claims or, worst of all, fake disintrest in the discussion. I am Christian, so it truly hurts me when I see Christians behaving like Unenlightened folks. Thank you

They will come and tell you that u are not a Christian.

As a Christian you are in the world but not of the world. You can use products produced by science but you must not like science. Liking science means science is your God.

Everyday... God! God!! God!!! Yet nothing to show for it... Not even a bicycle

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by philomental: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2015
When you want to write such things as this don't generalise it, there are plenty of Christians who love science and apply it even in their daily 'religious' lives. And if you must check it, science was championed by Christians - Michael Faraday was a Sunday School teacher. So please next time research more before you post anything. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by menesheh(m): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
philomental:
When you want to write such things as this don't generalise it, there are plenty of Christians who love science and apply it even in their daily 'religious' lives. And if you must check it, science was championed by Christians - Michael Faraday was a Sunday School teacher. So please next time research more before you post anything. Thanks

you are right but do you mean cherry picking some scientific facts or do you accept all scientific facts.

why am saying this is that most scientific facts are in direct opposite to faith.
Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
philomental:
Brother,for every Christian who applies science, I can show a million others who condemn science for false or ineffectual purposes. Since the majority carries the vote, I am VERY right to generalise
Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
menesheh:

you are right but do you mean cherry picking some scientific facts or do you accept all scientific facts.

why am saying this is that most scientific facts are in direct opposite to faith.
Er... Actually there is only one Major Scientific Topic which opposes Christianity, which is Evolution.
Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by philomental: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
menesheh:

What you say is right, as u call it FACTS, doesn't, mean the TRUTH nor THEORIES.

I am not always very fast to condemn science except as a Christian I have the revelational knowledge from God that it is meant to attack the Christian faith.

Now, what i observe so far is those theories meant to attack Christianity don't survive for long, like the evolution theory, which was still debated in the US Congress as at last year, whether it should still be taught in school or not as there are so many contradictions to it.

Finally, it is not all scientific facts that I accept.
Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by AtheistD(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
SirWere:
Er... Actually there is only one Major Scientific Topic which opposes Christianity, which is Evolution.

Big bang theory?
Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by davien(m): 1:19am On Sep 05, 2015
SirWere:
I'm an atheist I'll be blunt with you, evolution, the big bang theory, etc have nothing to say about god/gods...

It were Christians that came up with both theories(doesn't mean Christianity is by default true)and when the theory of evolution was bundled to court against "intelligent design", it were Christians and notably Kennett miller(also a Christian) that provided the various evidences of evolution in a courtroom and exposed intelligent design as a radical faith-based ploy...

so accepting those theories for then didn't affect their faith.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Stop Abusing Science!! by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 07, 2015
AtheistD:

Big bang theory?
It's a Theory that is quite unsuitable for the formation of the Universe. It is only still accepted cuz scientists cant find any other theory

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Snaps A Picture Of A Child "In The Spirit" With An Ipad [video] / Chris Brown Says He’s Tired Of Worshipping The Devil…and God Spoke To Him / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World & Their Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.