Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Dog Home Alone. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Home Alone. (1566 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Home Alone. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
Dear NL dog keepers pls what is your opinion on someone (a dog lover) but who works/is away for 9hrs weekdays that wants to adopt a pup and subsequently keep like 2 dogs.
Re: Dog Home Alone. by olumig(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2015
Bubewilson:
Dear NL dog keepers pls what is your opinion on someone (a dog lover) but who works/is away for 9hrs weekdays that wants to adopt a pup and subsequently keep like 2 dogs.
Not good bro, imagine leaving a year old child at home without supervision or care for nine hours a day what do you think will happen?.
Re: Dog Home Alone. by naijainfogalery: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bro It depends, Kindly answer this question,

Do you have anyone that can take care of the dog while you are away?
If you must get a dog dont get aggresive ones.

For example , i work 12 hours Including distance time

So i leave for work around 6am but i wake up as early as 5, the dog is usually in my room till around after 6 that i am leaving, then i feed it, luckily i have some other peeps around that dont leave the house until 10, so they also feed it and leave extra food, by the time school closes i have neighbours that will be home by then then they also feed it around 2 then when i get home around 6, we play all through till like 11pm before i sent it back to its cage.

The dog loves every one,

Once u can get someone to feed it while you are away, bro get one and build a cage, lock him in with that there wont be any issues, If u dont have anyone to feed it, then that one will be hard small except u can get enough food that will last them till u come, but u cant do that for puppies cos u will need to feed puppies 4 times a day but adults can be fed twice daily

1 Like

Re: Dog Home Alone. by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2015
olumig:
Not good bro, imagine leaving a year old child at home without supervision or care for nine hours a day what do you think will happen?.
Hmmm Ok, thanks for your opinion.
Re: Dog Home Alone. by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 05, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Bro It depends, Kindly answer this question,

Do you have anyone that can take care of the dog while you are away?
If you must get a dog dont get aggresive ones.

For example , i work 12 hours Including distance time

So i leave for work around 6am but i wake up as early as 5, the dog is usually in my room till around after 6 that i am leaving, then i feed it, luckily i have some other peeps around that dont leave the house until 10, so they also feed it and leave extra food, by the time school closes i have neighbours that will be home by then then they also feed it around 2 then when i get home around 6, we play all through till like 11pm before i sent it back to its cage.

The dog loves every one,

Once u can get someone to feed it while you are away, bro get one and build a cage, lock him in with that there wont be any issues, If u dont have anyone to feed it, then that one will be hard small except u can get enough food that will last them till u come, but u cant do that for puppies cos u will need to feed puppies 4 times a day but adults can be fed twice daily
thanks for your explanatory comment.

1. Aggressive. Whats your assessment please? I intend to adopt any of GSD, Tibetian Mastiff or Saint Benard. I have penchant for big dogs but due to there rearity and high cost I would go for a GSD pending when I can get the other one.

2. Age. About Pups (8 weeks) having need to be fed 4 times, which can prove daunting for me, how many months old dog do you rather suggest i go for.

3. Feeding. School children/neighbours will feed the dog when they are back by 2-3pm.
Re: Dog Home Alone. by naijainfogalery: 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
Since you are kind of busy, you can start with a 3 or 4 month old GSD, by then they are growing towards adulthood where u will need to feed them 3 times or twice unlike pups that have small bellies that will have to keep eaten small chunks till they are full,

Just get the dog everything will sort itself lol the most important thing is the little time u spend with them make it a quality time.

Would love to get a St Bernard some day

Bubewilson:
thanks for your explanatory comment.

1. Aggressive. Whats your assessment please? I intend to adopt any of GSD, Tibetian Mastiff or Saint Benard. I have penchant for big dogs but due to there rearity and high cost I would go for a GSD pending when I can get the other one.

2. Age. About Pups (8 weeks) having need to be fed 4 times, which can prove daunting for me, how many months old dog do you rather suggest i go for.

3. Feeding. School children/neighbours will feed the dog when they are back by 2-3pm.
Re: Dog Home Alone. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Since you are kind of busy, you can start with a 3 or 4 month old GSD, by then they are growing towards adulthood where u will need to feed them 3 times or twice unlike pups that have small bellies that will have to keep eating small chunks till they are full,

Just get the dog everything will sort itself lol the most important thing is the little time u spend with them make it a quality time.

Would love to get a St Bernard some day

Ok dear, Thanks plenty plenty.

(1) (Reply)

Native Dogs / Dog Has Wound On Both Ears / My Fowls Have Turned canivourous- now Hunting And Eating Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.