Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? (56048 Views)

Apple Is Locking People Out Of Their Iphones But It's For Their Own Good / What People Do With Their Iphones / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by MrDoGood(m): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
dawtune:
try the personal hotstop on iPhone and thank me later.

Hotspot you mean?
Try that of tecno and thank me later let alone Sony, lumia, Samsung, HTC and a host of others.

IPhone is just being operated.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by iameugene(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
iphone graphic is way better than anyother phones ive came in contact with, you can transfer and receive from other phones with xender, speaking of which you can now transfer medias from iphone to iphone without xender with the use of Airdrop. I download even without paying with idownloader, you cant compare iphone apps with androids and BBos apps its way better than their apps. You use an iphone 4 i use 6 u can upgrade it to my own software without purchasing anoder unlike android saying 1 is jellybean 1 is kitkat bro save the crap. I can snap 100ppl in line at once just by moving the camera from the first point to the las.
Any advertisement you see dat requires the use of phone they show an iphone tongue

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
XVIER:
So many people talk sh!t about IOS because you haven't or have no money to purchase one. Talking from experience, I have use different mobile OS and currently using IOS. If you know about technology very well you will know that no mobile OS is compared to IOS. Ok let me give you one simple example because I won't like to sound complex. Let's look into FIFA15 you will see that in the game on any other mobile OS you can't play online season I mean playing with other people all over the world like PS3 while IOS is the only mobile OS you can play online game. Do you ever think why is that? Don't bother thinking that's why I said you will have to know more about technology.
Android plays online games with people all over the world. below are screenshots of arcane legends and mc4. both have online multi-player. 90% of my Android games are online with multi-player features

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Elxandre(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Funny enough, even die hard Iphone users just accept the superiority of the S6.
The low ram they brag about is clearly insufficient with the upcoming IOS9 tests.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by MrDoGood(m): 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

High end expensive androids can do all that.
The other advantages you listed are also obtainable.

Wetin consign me
Help me ask am Watin Dropbox dey do?
That's if he has even heard of it.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
MrDoGood:

Help me ask am Watin Dropbox dey do?
That's if he has even heard of it.

What about Google drive and Onedrive?

3 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
jomoh:

I will give you only one of the things Iphone does and when you get another phone that does that you can come back for the second lesson.

I once stood at the front desk of Etisalat experience center at Allen avenue with my iPhone 5. Their service was horribly slow so typed a text on my phone which reads "YOUR SERVICE IS TOO SLOW", copied and paste to fill the whole page and then sent about 10copies to their printer that was on the Wifi. I was being attended to when one of their staffs came with the printouts to ask his colleagues who sent the printout. I actually went there to buy an Nano sim (iphone being the first phone to use it).

In my Office in Ikeja GRA then, our office was using a duplex building. Instead of climbing the stairs with my Laptop to connect to the printer stationed upstairs before printing a 300page proposal sent to me for printing, I will access my mail on my Iphone and send the document to the printer's WiFi while doing other things on my laptop without leaving my desk until after some minutes that I believe the documents must have been printed completely.

When you get another phone that does something similar, come for a second class.

My phone has that function, its an android phone called Gionee Elife E7 and please if don't know the phone, Google it b4 spilling. I love iphones yes, but this function is not exclusive to the Ios alone. Just wanted to put it out there.

2 Likes

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by ikbnice(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

1.) It has a fine, shiny, half-eaten apple. 2.) Uhmmm...can I Call a friend?
yes u cn only if he wil provide the name of the man ate part of d apple.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by MrDoGood(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
oreos:

What about Google drive and Onedrive?
Chie!!!!! Your school fees must be very expensive.
In fact, Your brain is healthy.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Iphone on my mind, I want to start iphone 4.* I want a feel of the phone*
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Clear and clean pictures. We could send through xender and we still won't be affected by virus windows and bb fear. We could locate our phone anywhere in the world as far as is it on so I don't worry about theft. Guys please come to the iOS world. You'll love it

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by alexanderdeg: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
For your info , iPhone now uses xender app which works with flash share you can easily share pics And video , besides it has good security , modified apps , portable and durable , something you don't always find on phone engineers table , you can check imore.com for mor features , #you have a choice, conclusion of the matter phone na phone depends on wetin you need ontop am# android , Andrew, iOS , blackberry, Lumia ........all join
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by sureteeboy(m): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
nnamdibig:

U said it all, my iPhone 4s runs iOS 8.4.1 smoothly. If you never use iPhone, you are really missing. My 4s is 512 ram but it's faster and smoother than my useless tablet with 2gig ram.
The 8MP camera is clearer that 13,16 & 20MP you see these days on android phones.

Nice point bro, but RAM has nothing to do with your phone's speed and smoothness. That's the basic function of the processor. Besides, a camera's clarity has little or nothing to do with it's mega pixel. A camera's mega pixel defines the clarity of a picture at a specific resolution. In simple words, Someone with 13MP camera will be able to snap images of higher resolution then someone using 8MP.

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by LEAFLET(m): 8:21pm On Sep 04, 2015
Jamb question..
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by lampardizik(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:
Gist me because I have an iPhone junked....gathering dust somewhere
While my Lumia Windows Phone is tickling me to no end

I assure you if you give me that Iphone i'll find a use for it
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by nnamdibig(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
sureteeboy:

Nice point bro, but RAM has nothing to do with your phone's speed and smoothness. That's the basic function of the processor.

If at that, iPhone is faster than the so called octa-core processors that we see around
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by lampardizik(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:
Gist me because I have an iPhone junked....gathering dust somewhere
While my Lumia Windows Phone is tickling me to no end

I assure you if you give me that Iphone i'll find a good use for it
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
bettercreature:
I have sent you as many as possible
bro I need an iphone, *sobbing*huhuh.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by bigerboy200: 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
imperialebony:
You can say that again. Iphone is purely rubbish. I'm glued to BlackBerry, anyway. I do a lot with my BlackBerry. It's my mobile office, intimate companion and my Internet dongle. I do millions of Naira worth of business with it annually. I receive and send a lot of emails daily via my BlackBerry. With the hotspot, I always stay connected to my laptop and browse endlessly. I share files seamlessly too. Iphone cannot give me all these benefits. I don't BBM, except when I'm less busy and idle.
U must be charging ur BlackBerry 10 times in a day to do all u have jes mentioned..

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by freshdude99(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=XVIER post=37663592]So many people talk sh!t about IOS because you haven't or have no money to purchase one. Talking from experience, I have use different mobile OS and currently using IOS. If you know about technology very well you will know that no mobile OS is compared to IOS. Ok let me give you one simple example because I won't like to sound complex. Let's look into FIFA15 you will see that in the game on any other mobile OS you can't play online season I mean playing with other people all over the world like PS3 while IOS is the only mobile OS you can play online game. Do you ever think why is that? Don't bother thinking that's why I said you will have to know more about technology.[/quoted]
You are still a kid

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:

Justifying is the essence of the thread....

Then I humbly bow out.

Have a nice afternoon all.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nsonaso:
A lot bro..... At least better than BlackBerry OS and Windows Phone OS combined....

[b]Initially when I said iPhone users does a lot of things with their iPhone more than Windows Phone OS and BlackBerry Os combined, people started quoting me and asking me to mention ‘em.

But I was afraid to list them because am scared that if I tell them, they may be tempted to go and sell their fathers land in the village to buy an iPhone just like the Chinese kid last year with his kidney.
And I know my Nigerians very well, we love our lives and we are not willing to tread it with anything so nobody will be willing to sell his/her kidney like the Chinese kid but our fathers land in the village will not be spared.
…… That’s a joke please, don’t take it too personal…..

1. iPhone has a built in Dictionary that automatically integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, making it easy for you to find meaning of words right on the App you’re using (just by taping and holding the word and click on “Define” on the list of options that appear…) without leaving the App.
2. iPhone has Text to Speech engine that integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, enabling your iPhone to read every Text file on the screen while you do the listening. (It works across all your Apps including third-party Apps like Chrome, Opera mini, MS word etc. You can as well just select a particular word you don’t know how to pronounce (either on your browser, Opera Mini for instance or any other App you install on your iPhone) and your iPhone will pronounce it for you.
3. Have you ever played a Music with your phone while you’re feeling sleepy and you wish your phone could stop playing the music when you doss off? Well iPhone does it even when you’re using a third-party Music Player like TTPod or Musixmatch etc.
4. A lot of people like to take Selfie, but using your hand to hold your phone and control the camera at the same time, is kind of look awkward but with your iPhone Original headset, you can place your iPhone on a table or anything at all and comfortably control the Camera of your iPhone just with the volume locker on your headset.
5. A lot of people like to “Take Note” of things that matter to them…. For me I’ve lost countless of my Notes, since 2008 that I started using Smartphone even with my HTC One Dual SIM I lost my note after I updated to Android 5

(Until I discovered MIUI ROM the best Android ROM on the planet: MIUI also back up SMS, Contact, Call log, Recorder, Music Play List etc. for those interested)

iPhone Note App backs up your Notes automatically to Gmail or iCroud. You can also insert picture to your iPhone Note, also when you copy an article on the internet to your Note, it also copy both the picture in the article.

6. Ladies and gentlemen, permit me to stop here for some people has already started thinking of the worth of their father’s land in the village so they and sell it and buy an iPhone. And I wouldn’t want to be held responsible for being the person that talked them into selling their fathers precious land.
[/b]
dude I doubt u backed up ur note on your HTC to Google drive which is googles cloud service just like Icloud and micloud

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
animpuyeE:
Clear and clean pictures. We could send through xender and we still won't be affected by virus windows and bb fear. We could locate our phone anywhere in the world as far as is it on so I don't worry about theft. Guys please come to the iOS world. You'll love it
am coming o,I fell in love with the phone 3 days ago. The exterior deSign make me wanna.
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=freshdude99 post=37676861][/quote] its bcoz of iOS closed ecosystem hence less piracy and more games from developers on I phones than android e.g BioShock. but not everyone uses their phone for gaming and in terms of customization android is second to none.even without rooting ur device most manufacturers have themes or u can use launchers icon packs and much more

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Dhavido(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
angels09:
Apart from camera and feel

It doesn't communicate with other gadgets no file sharing just a stand-alone ..

you don't know how to use smartphone, it's obvious.
you can connect your Android phone to iPhone using xender share. xender share is Just like flash share
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nsonaso(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
davthom:
dude I doubt u backed up ur note on your HTC to Google drive which is googles cloud service just like Icloud and micloud
Are you using HTC One and still on Android 4.4.2 so you can show me
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
bettercreature:
imagine i bought s4 and it caught virus withing 2 weeks,the same with blackberry chai

Virus? Not with windows phones
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by tartarus(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
jomoh:

I will give you only one of the things Iphone does and when you get another phone that does that you can come back for the second lesson.

I once stood at the front desk of Etisalat experience center at Allen avenue with my iPhone 5. Their service was horribly slow so typed a text on my phone which reads "YOUR SERVICE IS TOO SLOW", copied and paste to fill the whole page and then sent about 10copies to their printer that was on the Wifi. I was being attended to when one of their staffs came with the printouts to ask his colleagues who sent the printout. I actually went there to buy an Nano sim (iphone being the first phone to use it).

In my Office in Ikeja GRA then, our office was using a duplex building. Instead of climbing the stairs with my Laptop to connect to the printer stationed upstairs before printing a 300page proposal sent to me for printing, I will access my mail on my Iphone and send the document to the printer's WiFi while doing other things on my laptop without leaving my desk until after some minutes that I believe the documents must have been printed completely.

When you get another phone that does something similar, come for a second class.

Lol Sony xperia Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4 has that function. wink

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by sureteeboy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
nnamdibig:

If at that, iPhone is faster than the so called octa-core processors that we see around
. I just edited my initial post to include some points about the camera as well. You might want to check it out. ...............

By writing "so called octa core processors" , can you please be specific with the phone make and model. coz the last time I checked, the iphone 6 is nowhere to be found near the top 10 fastest and smoothest phone in the world based on their benchmark scores. (A list dominated by samsung with it's octacore processors).

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
People using chavvy plastic Samsung hotplate and tecno fan boys should stop bringing android down.

Sony, HTC and Google's own nexus are better ambassadors of Android than the ugly touchwiz. These are much more closer to stock android too.

Don't even get me started on the iPhone. Sleek hardware, unimaginative OS and UI, serious compatibility issues.

Posted from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

1 Like

Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nsonaso:
A lot bro..... At least better than BlackBerry OS and Windows Phone OS combined....

[b]Initially when I said iPhone users does a lot of things with their iPhone more than Windows Phone OS and BlackBerry Os combined, people started quoting me and asking me to mention ‘em.

But I was afraid to list them because am scared that if I tell them, they may be tempted to go and sell their fathers land in the village to buy an iPhone just like the Chinese kid last year with his kidney.
And I know my Nigerians very well, we love our lives and we are not willing to tread it with anything so nobody will be willing to sell his/her kidney like the Chinese kid but our fathers land in the village will not be spared.
…… That’s a joke please, don’t take it too personal…..

1. iPhone has a built in Dictionary that automatically integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, making it easy for you to find meaning of words right on the App you’re using (just by taping and holding the word and click on “Define” on the list of options that appear…) without leaving the App.
2. iPhone has Text to Speech engine that integrate into every App you install on your iPhone, enabling your iPhone to read every Text file on the screen while you do the listening. (It works across all your Apps including third-party Apps like Chrome, Opera mini, MS word etc. You can as well just select a particular word you don’t know how to pronounce (either on your browser, Opera Mini for instance or any other App you install on your iPhone) and your iPhone will pronounce it for you.
3. Have you ever played a Music with your phone while you’re feeling sleepy and you wish your phone could stop playing the music when you doss off? Well iPhone does it even when you’re using a third-party Music Player like TTPod or Musixmatch etc.
4. A lot of people like to take Selfie, but using your hand to hold your phone and control the camera at the same time, is kind of look awkward but with your iPhone Original headset, you can place your iPhone on a table or anything at all and comfortably control the Camera of your iPhone just with the volume locker on your headset.
5. A lot of people like to “Take Note” of things that matter to them…. For me I’ve lost countless of my Notes, since 2008 that I started using Smartphone even with my HTC One Dual SIM I lost my note after I updated to Android 5

(Until I discovered MIUI ROM the best Android ROM on the planet: MIUI also back up SMS, Contact, Call log, Recorder, Music Play List etc. for those interested)

iPhone Note App backs up your Notes automatically to Gmail or iCloud. You can also insert picture to your iPhone Note, also when you copy an article on the internet to your Note, it also copy both the picture in the article.

7. iPhone remains the only mobile phone that plays the award winning Chair Entertainment Game “Infinity Blade I, II & III”
8. Plus what you think a Lumia phone and BlackBerry can do combined togher.

9. Ladies and gentlemen, permit me to stop here for some people has already started thinking of the worth of their father’s land in the village so they and sell it and buy an iPhone. And I wouldn’t want to be held responsible for being the person that talked them into selling their fathers precious land.
[/b]

unfortunately i couldn't see how it can dispense food and cash.

wake me when it starts to do that..
Re: Please, What exactly Do People Do With Their Iphones? by abduldope(m): 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
idris4r83:
The truth of the matter is only an iphone user knows the sweetness of an iphone. It doesn't freezes like android, iphone security is second to non, when a thief steals iphone with an iCloud account he will easily be recognized anywhere as a thief and the phone with not be useful to him cos it cannot be unlocked. Even the premium feel of an iPhone in your palm cannot be compared to any polycarbonate android phone. The App Store is more richer in apps than play store. When you jailbreak an iphone the types of tweaks u can download i doubt if u can get them from android. Iphones have second hand value when u want to resell it unlike android phones that might make u cry when u want to dispose it cos of d price fall. iPhones are classy! Yes classy, if u r not up to the game u cannot use it. iPhones gives room for privacy where u don't want to share your pictures unlike android where every tom, dick n harry can pick your phone and start sharing your pictures n videos. Android are full of bloatwares, when they hand at times you have to do battery pull but I've never seen the battery of an iphone before cos it never even hangs.
lol oga kindly do ur research abt dt icloud acccnt bcs evn here on NL we hv tech expert who unlocks them...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Have You Seen A Phone With 5 Batteries? See It Here / See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At / Infinix Race Eagle, Android phone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.