Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista (7677 Views)

Flashback: External Reserve & Debt Under OBJ, Yaradua & GEJ Regime by Barcanista / CCB: Alleged False Assets Declaration By Saraki Live On TVC. / An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

How so? @GEJ
Please read this submission https://www.nairaland.com/2575045/indepth-look-into-buharis-asset/1#37654692

I was, to my utter amazement impressed when I saw the caption on FP.
But on opening the thread, and reading through the OP/sensible comments, I became disappointed.
But like I said on facebook, I will not say anything until the assets are made public officially.
Shehu Garba's statement is ambiguous and generic to say the least.
Good, he did that as vice president but failed to publicly as president
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by MizMyColi(f): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Good, he did that as vice president but failed to publicly as president

Did he promise to do so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Goke7: 9:07am On Sep 04, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
It is commendable that Buhari TRIED to fulfil his promise to publicly declare his assets, but like the Op clearly observed, there are several loopholes in the declaration.

But I'm not surprised that the BLIND Buhari supporters do not see these loopholes or pretend not to see.

However, half bread is better than none. Buhari has done better than GEJ in this aspect

Please try and educate your fellow haters of PMB to accept your admission here, they are heating up the polity unnecessarily.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by PAINGAIN: 9:08am On Sep 04, 2015
I have decided to be a neutral person in matters concerning nigeria. If u do good,I applaud u but if u do bad I tell u straight... Barcanista raised some valid points here.... Firstly,if u say u have less than 30million,it can b any amount from 29,999999 to 1kobo. Secondly, d worth of those houses and addresses should b revealed. Thirdly, the number of cars and their worths should also be revealed. Half truth is still a lie. Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Cossette: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2015
The asset form itself contains all the information required. I have seen the form before from someone who was filling hers as all government workers are also required to fill. For each of the assets eg property there is space for number, type, how acquired, date acquired, location, total value, income from property etc. for bank accounts you provide bank details and account number too. So I'm sure whenever the forms filled by the President are released all the relevant information will be seen by the public.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by staymore: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2015
Reptyle:

I will ignore the subliminal jibe in your response.

This is a link to a video of Buhari's campaign in Kano. He spoke for a little over 6 minutes at the event in hausa. I speak hausa fluently having grown up in the north.

Where, during this campaign did he claim he lives in a rented apartment in Abuja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsgCVru8AfE

That is not his campaign in Kano.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Goke7: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2015
staymore:

GEJ never did because he was not ready to deceive the same people he was leading as a President.

During the APC campaign Buhari publicly said he is leaving in a rented apartment in Abj, now he has declared one.

The questions is "did he just buy it after becoming the President?

GEJ is a fraud, he only declared as vice president cos of Yar Adua but failed to do so as President which makes him a bad leader and a bad example. Please accept this, we southerners are finally giving ourselves away as more corrupt than northerners, as the southern Presidents we've had since 1999 never declared their assets publicly.

We in the south whether Yoruba, igbo or others should be ashamed of ourselves.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 04, 2015
Reptyle:

Yesterday's statement was issued by the president's spokesman in response to all the "100 days miracle" proponents. It was clearly stated that the full asset declaration will be published by the CCB after all verifications are completed. The full CCB document should contain the finer details of the assets that everyone wants to see. If it doesn't, then we can shout.

Till then however, I do not see the point of all the unnecessary debates and i will not be dragged into one.

All I asked for was a proof that Buhari claimed he was living in a rented apartment in Abuja during the campaigns. Provide one if you have it, or move ahead in peace.
He may not have said it but his associates might have said that just like Shehu did on this current issue. And that is why it will be reasonable to wait for the right official channel where the information should come from(ccb). All the cheering is unnecessary specially when the infor has a lot of question to answer... Though he should be applouded when the right thing is done
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by major466(m): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2015
The major aim of assets declaration is the capture of the total worth of public and political office holders before they assume office. So far, the declaration by the Magician through Garba Shehu lacks specifics and indept information regarding the President's assets and his total net worth.
Until CCB complete their own side of the verifications and make the documents public, what Garba Shehu declared yesterday is just mere talk.

1 Like

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by staymore: 9:32am On Sep 04, 2015
Goke7:

GEJ is a fraud, he only declared as vice president cos of Yar Adua but failed to do so as President which makes him a bad leader and a bad example. Please accept this, we southerners are finally giving ourselves away as more corrupt than northerners, as the southern Presidents we've had since 1999 never declared their assets publicly.

We in the south whether Yoruba, igbo or others should be ashamed of ourselves.

Go and check El-Rufai's detailed asset declaration and you will be shocked at what he embezzled as FCT minister.

Is he also a southerner? Asset declaration or corruption has nothing to do with where you are from.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Reptyle(m): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2015
staymore:

That is not his campaign in Kano.

Oh, my bad. This must be a video of his campaign in your village angry

Even when you have been caught in a lie, you are still talking kak!

I have videos of most, if not all of Buhari's campaign stops in various states and even outside the country. I did it for the sole purpose of countering fallacious claims like yours.

Provide a link to Buhari claiming he lives in a rented apartment in Abuja during any of his campaigns or be honourable enough to admit you lied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by tomakint: 9:41am On Sep 04, 2015
earthgreeners:
Rubbish... Who the hell is barcanista
Oh my goodness shocked shocked my old time e-foe where have you been all these years? Perhaps one of the insurgirls......anyway the crux of the matter is this, 'Buhari, you guys DauraLord had just put you lots in one cesspit of grand deception through his warped declaration of assets'......it's a pity you guys are not smart at all cheesy cheesy imagine your DauraLord Declaration of Assets enshrouded in one great secrecy. cheesy cheesy
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by onenaira3: 9:48am On Sep 04, 2015
pazienza:
The way I see it. This asset declaration is a diversion tactics. APC is trying to get Nigerians talking on anything else but his( Buhari) recent sectional appointments.

Buhari will soon or later come out and deny Shehu when the heats gathers. It's all a game for them.

The saddest part of it I'd they don't even see it. Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they have. Slowpoke being governed by manipulative slowpoke. Perfect combo

1 Like

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Goke7: 9:51am On Sep 04, 2015
staymore:

Go and check El-Rufai's detailed asset declaration and you will be shocked at what he embezzled as FCT minister.

Is he also a southerner? Asset declaration or corruption has nothing to do with where you are from.

All you have said doesn't change the truth that GEJ is a fraud, live with that and what am saying is the fact that the Presidents we've had so far from the south refused to declare their assets while that of the north did theirs should make us in the south more sober and stop justifying acts of corruption.

PMB will keep making GEJ supporters more stupid as they days goes by.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Goke7: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

Did he promise to do so?

he was asked to do so like his predecessor but he said he doesn't give a damn, are you very sure you live in this country?

GEJ is a fraud, pls live with that, PMB just made you guys more silly

1 Like

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by double0seven(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2015
It's obvious a lot of people are already made a decision to use a microscope look for faults in whatever PMB does.

He said he will declare assets within 100 days,, one never elapsed, you people were already shouting he should declare, the promise wasn't to declare CCB but to publicly declare to Nigerians, PMB can very later.

Now he has declared within about the 100 days, you guys are saying that the declaration is nonsense because it hasn't been verified by CCB.

The best thing PMB can do is to totally ignore you guys and forge on the task of rebuilding Nigeria.

BY THE WAY, THERE WAS A RECENT THREAD BY BARCANISTA WHICH SAID "BATCANISTA BOWS OUT OF NAIRALAND"

So why is he back? One week has not even gone by. WHAT EXACTLY THEN WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE THREAD?

The guy is just an attention seeker.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by janeso(f): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2015
I pity our youth...the way where being brain wash

Hw can Garba come up wit this trash and our future leader are shouting nd praising him

My country u hav a long way to go
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2015
Freemanan:

And you assume I am Igbo because ?

See a practical example of How you PDP jobless lots jump into conclusion? I utter a phrase in Igbo and Yoruba in a sentence and you just concluded that I am Igbo... Smh... Enough said.

Welcome to Nairaland, If u don't say wat they like u re I.e Igbo or Hausa

SMH
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by nosiebaba(m): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2015
dunsman:
AN INDEPTH LOOK INTO BUHARI'S ASSET DECLARATION

Like most people, I slept 'jejely' last night only to wake-up with tweets and Facebook alerts that the much awaited public declaration of the President's asset has been done by Presidential spokesman Alhj Garba Shehu. Same document was posted on his Facebook page. Having looked at the document shared by Shehu Garba, I couldn't help but laugh at the pure deceit of the document that even defies logic. Let's analyse every item of the document together.

1. Who Verified Shehu's Document?
"The documents submitted to the CCB, which officials say are still being vetted and will soon be made public..."

Please take a look at the quote, it send a message that the so-called document is yet to be verified. This alone is enough to rubbish the claim of President Muhammadu Buhari and Shehu Garbs. But let's continue...

2. The President's Financial Assets and Shares:
FINANCIAL ASSET
"President Buhari had less than N30 million to his name. He also had only one bank account, with the Union Bank"

For God sake less than N30,000,000 is not a sum. Less than N30,000,000 could be anything from 1kobo to N29.99999Million. They couldn't tell the exact SUM/figure, and also They couldn't provide Nigerians the UNION BANK ACCOUNT number for verification. This is the acceptable norm as outlined in President Yar'adua and VP Jonathan's 2007 Asset Declaration. This has defied common sense.

SHARES:
"President Buhari declared however that he had shares in Berger Paints, Union Bank and Skye Bank."

Here we go again. How many unit shares in both Union Bank and First Bank? How do we know whether he's a major or minor shareholder in these banks? The President and his team should know that Nigerians need specifics and not generic statements.

3. Properties:
HOUSES:
"President Buhari had(has) a total of five homes, and two mud houses in Daura. He had(has) two homes in Kaduna, one each in Kano, Daura and in Abuja. One of the mud houses in Daura was inherited from his late older sister, another from his late father."

The President not only failed to provide address of his 5 houses in Daura (2), Kaduna (1), Kano (1) and Abuja (1), he also failed to tell us the worth of these Houses. What is the president trying to hide for God's sake? How do we acknowledge his worth when details of his assets are shrouded in secrecy?

BORROWED MONEY FROM OLD BACLAYS BANK TO BUILD TWO HOMES
Same old story. Why can't he be specific on which of the homes he built with the old Baclays bank's loan and a back-up transactional details?

UNKNOWN LANDS
"President Buhari also has two undeveloped plots of land, one in Kano and the other in Port Harcourt. He is still trying to trace the location of the Port Harcourt land."

This is a dilemma for me. I mean Buhari declared a landed property in Port Harcourt but don't know the location? Is it that there was no document detailing the transaction or he got this as a 'gift' from Amaechi? Can we please be provided with details of the land in Kano?

4. The President's Cars:
SOME BOUGHT, SOME GIVEN
"The retired General uses a number of cars, two of which he bought from his savings and the others supplied to him by the federal government in his capacity as former Head of State."

Can the President be specific on the type of cars and the number of Cars that he has? How many were bought and how many were given to him by the Nigeria government? a number of cars can be 2 to infinity. Why can't the President be specific? Can we know the worth of these cars?

SOME FROM DONORS?
"The rest(CARS) were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014."

How many were "donated" and who were these donors? Can we know the type and worth of these donated cars? Why is the president trying to play smart on our collective intelligence?

5. The Old Source:
“As soon as the CCB is through with the process, the documents will be released to the Nigerian public and
people can see for themselves,” the source said.

This quote from Shehu clearly shows that he (Shehu) also got it from a "source" and not from his boss. It clearly shows that the document is neither official; as it didn't emanate from Buhari himself nor a verified CCB. This is clearly a loophole for future denial by the President and his APC crew.

THIS DOCUMENT HAS FAILED THE TEST OF LOGIC! Nigerians ARE NOT FOOLS!

Source: barcanista Facebook page@Tonye barcanista
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=123978504618070&substory_index=0&id=100010177629630&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6190541406583879583%3Amf_story_key.7422129610724236138%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As
Take an indepth view into your life too. God bless Nigeria, God bless PMB and PYO.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by deanoffaculty: 10:47am On Sep 04, 2015
Just in case.....

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by boujaye: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

FALSE ASSET DECLALATION IS WORSE THAN NOT DECLARING AT ALL
I wonder why buhari continue to goof. the constitutional says declaration of personal asset is optional and Gej choose not to declare his, but buhari chooses to declare his and why would he be lying, why won't him tell the truth since he wants to prove or deceive Nigerians that he is a man of integrity? he was a one time ex-head of state, petroleum minister, PTF chairman sitting on billions of dollars and he only naira 30million in his account? mschteeeeeeeeew
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by double0seven(m): 11:36am On Sep 04, 2015
boujaye:
I wonder why buhari continue to goof. the constitutional says declaration of personal asset is optional and Gej choose not to declare his, but buhari chooses to declare his and why would he be lying, why won't him tell the truth since he wants to prove or deceive Nigerians that he is a man of integrity? he was a one time ex-head of state, petroleum minister, PTF chairman sitting on billions of dollars and he only naira 30million in his account? mschteeeeeeeeew

Thanks for prove the integrity of President Buhari. Thanks for vividly portraying to us how rare a breed PMB is; for letting us know as that integrity such PMB's is difficult to find.

That's you've done and I thank you for it

1 Like

Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
boujaye:

If you beleive Buhari has just N30million naira in his account then you are even more stupid than i thought
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by Ebukaobi: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

If you beleive Buhari has just N30million naira in his account then you are even more stupid than i thought

Pa, why must you curse people all the time?

smh
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by CyberWolf: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
If Barcanista can sustain this tempo on Facebook in the next 6 months, I see him having more than half a million followers grin and I see him in no distant time becoming PDP's assistant spokesman and when that happens, we will surely give lie Mohammed, Shehu Garba and Adesina a run for their money cheesy ....Imaging this barefaced lie called asset declaration angry ...Anyway, it's just to rekindle the flame on charms used on their gullible supporters..
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by aresa: 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
earthgreeners:

A disgraced and discredited protection seeker and a loser.

We didn't let him get away with his unintelligent trash on NL so obviously he gyrated on to whatever hole.

Now the disgraced coward is posting his trash on NL by proxy..

What a loser... grin
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by shaqhead: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
MikelEleta:
Hmm some sensible stuffs said der if we look at it critically without prejudice or bias
Before it was released ppl like barcanista and his correspondent dunsman kept making ceaseless noise and we kept tellin them to wait...This statement was put out to shut folks like the OP up becos obviously the CCB havnt verified the documents and the 100 days timer was tickin fast and folks wd have gone dancin naked if this wasnt put out!

Anywy in respons to wat u say is sensible and shd b looked at without bias, I will say the answer is in what we hv always said-"WAIT".

Yes we shd wait for d CCB to finish dia verification and all that the OP will be trtashed from the document the CCB wl put out in d public domain.
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by tolexy007(m): 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
earthgreeners:
and who the hell are u undecided
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by tolexy007(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
easternguy1:
Barcanista u r a madman..buhari should have given you d documents to verify yourself. Bastard
o
how old are you?
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by laniyi07(m): 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
dunsman:
AN INDEPTH LOOK INTO BUHARI'S ASSET DECLARATION

Like most people, I slept 'jejely' last night only to wake-up with tweets and Facebook alerts that the much awaited public declaration of the President's asset has been done by Presidential spokesman Alhj Garba Shehu. Same document was posted on his Facebook page. Having looked at the document shared by Shehu Garba, I couldn't help but laugh at the pure deceit of the document that even defies logic. Let's analyse every item of the document together.

1. Who Verified Shehu's Document?
"The documents submitted to the CCB, which officials say are still being vetted and will soon be made public..."

Please take a look at the quote, it send a message that the so-called document is yet to be verified. This alone is enough to rubbish the claim of President Muhammadu Buhari and Shehu Garbs. But let's continue...

2. The President's Financial Assets and Shares:
FINANCIAL ASSET
"President Buhari had less than N30 million to his name. He also had only one bank account, with the Union Bank"

For God sake less than N30,000,000 is not a sum. Less than N30,000,000 could be anything from 1kobo to N29.99999Million. They couldn't tell the exact SUM/figure, and also They couldn't provide Nigerians the UNION BANK ACCOUNT number for verification. This is the acceptable norm as outlined in President Yar'adua and VP Jonathan's 2007 Asset Declaration. This has defied common sense.

SHARES:
"President Buhari declared however that he had shares in Berger Paints, Union Bank and Skye Bank."

Here we go again. How many unit shares in both Union Bank and First Bank? How do we know whether he's a major or minor shareholder in these banks? The President and his team should know that Nigerians need specifics and not generic statements.

3. Properties:
HOUSES:
"President Buhari had(has) a total of five homes, and two mud houses in Daura. He had(has) two homes in Kaduna, one each in Kano, Daura and in Abuja. One of the mud houses in Daura was inherited from his late older sister, another from his late father."

The President not only failed to provide address of his 5 houses in Daura (2), Kaduna (1), Kano (1) and Abuja (1), he also failed to tell us the worth of these Houses. What is the president trying to hide for God's sake? How do we acknowledge his worth when details of his assets are shrouded in secrecy?

BORROWED MONEY FROM OLD BACLAYS BANK TO BUILD TWO HOMES
Same old story. Why can't he be specific on which of the homes he built with the old Baclays bank's loan and a back-up transactional details?

UNKNOWN LANDS
"President Buhari also has two undeveloped plots of land, one in Kano and the other in Port Harcourt. He is still trying to trace the location of the Port Harcourt land."

This is a dilemma for me. I mean Buhari declared a landed property in Port Harcourt but don't know the location? Is it that there was no document detailing the transaction or he got this as a 'gift' from Amaechi? Can we please be provided with details of the land in Kano?

4. The President's Cars:
SOME BOUGHT, SOME GIVEN
"The retired General uses a number of cars, two of which he bought from his savings and the others supplied to him by the federal government in his capacity as former Head of State."

Can the President be specific on the type of cars and the number of Cars that he has? How many were bought and how many were given to him by the Nigeria government? a number of cars can be 2 to infinity. Why can't the President be specific? Can we know the worth of these cars?

SOME FROM DONORS?
"The rest(CARS) were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was damaged in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014."

How many were "donated" and who were these donors? Can we know the type and worth of these donated cars? Why is the president trying to play smart on our collective intelligence?

5. The Old Source:
“As soon as the CCB is through with the process, the documents will be released to the Nigerian public and
people can see for themselves,” the source said.

This quote from Shehu clearly shows that he (Shehu) also got it from a "source" and not from his boss. It clearly shows that the document is neither official; as it didn't emanate from Buhari himself nor a verified CCB. This is clearly a loophole for future denial by the President and his APC crew.

THIS DOCUMENT HAS FAILED THE TEST OF LOGIC! Nigerians ARE NOT FOOLS!

Source: barcanista Facebook page@Tonye barcanista
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=123978504618070&substory_index=0&id=100010177629630&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6190541406583879583%3Amf_story_key.7422129610724236138%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As
your moniker fits you #dunceman
you have no original ideas to share hence this trash #dunceman
go get a brain #dunceman
Re: An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista by otswag(m): 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
barcanista, @ d rate wey u dey go, u go soon get hernia wey go enta ur brokos o or rupture an aneurysm. u get personal vendetta wt PMB ni? Hian!!! na wah ooo. I must confess u made some valid points sha;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari To Host West African First Ladies / Senator Godswill Akpabio Celebrates His Uncommon & Sweet Victory [Video &Photos] / Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.